Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time to start preparing for League 1 15:15 - Jan 14 with 3395 viewsQPRConor2000

we have to start now preparing for a rebuild in League 1, we have to make some major changes this summer and I hope this new CEO is already lining up some changes to ensure we are doing just that.

The whole club needs a major reset.

[Post edited 14 Jan 15:23]
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:33 - Jan 14 with 3298 viewsTheChef

We'll be the next Charlton, sad to say.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:35 - Jan 14 with 3287 viewsQPRConor2000

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:33 - Jan 14 by TheChef

I really hope your wrong.

Our best hope is Marti getting a full season and getting his own players in.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 16:19 - Jan 14 with 3142 viewsbaz_qpr

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:35 - Jan 14 by QPRConor2000

Er we already are not been following the news this week
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 21:28 - Jan 14 with 2935 viewsmart_Goblin

Yeah was going to say, I think we already have started putting plans into place ready for the inevitable
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 06:44 - Jan 15 with 2744 viewsPaddyhoops

What a bleak prospect. A kind of football no mans land.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 06:49 - Jan 15 with 2729 viewsGaryBannister86

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 06:44 - Jan 15 by Paddyhoops

What a bleak prospect. A kind of football no mans land.

Maybe, but they got to the quarter-finals of the league cup last season, at Old Trafford, which is by a mile a more exciting thing to happen than anything we've experienced for many a year.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 07:58 - Jan 15 with 2631 viewsdmm

The club is already in the middle of a reset. If, as increasingly likely, we do go down, I hope fans do not expect an instant return to the Championship. I simply cannot see that happening.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 08:02 - Jan 15 with 2623 viewsdaveB

Yes they need to prepare for it but in the same way you'd prepare for another season in the championship if you were mid table in January, there are still a lot of games left and we shouldn't be raising the white flag yet

I think we'll probably go down but thought they played well yesterday, bit unlucky to lose it certainly deserved a draw
Login to get fewer ads

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 08:09 - Jan 15 with 2607 viewsGaryBannister86

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 08:02 - Jan 15 by daveB

Yes they need to prepare for it but in the same way you'd prepare for another season in the championship if you were mid table in January, there are still a lot of games left and we shouldn't be raising the white flag yet

I think we'll probably go down but thought they played well yesterday, bit unlucky to lose it certainly deserved a draw

Totally agree, we can't just give up. I can't see us doing it, but the fact is (technically) the next 2 home games are eminently winnable, which would probably see us within 3 points of being out of the relegation zone, with months of the season left.

However, any less than I reckon 4 points from those two games and it really is becoming a very long shot.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:41 - Jan 15 with 2375 viewsQPRConor2000

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 07:58 - Jan 15 by dmm

The club is already in the middle of a reset. If, as increasingly likely, we do go down, I hope fans do not expect an instant return to the Championship. I simply cannot see that happening.

I think it took Ipswich four or five seasons to get back to the Championship, and look where they are now.
[Post edited 15 Jan 15:43]
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 16:54 - Jan 15 with 2221 viewsbosh67

Ted: "We'll be the next Charlton, sad to say."

Dougal: "Oh God, really Ted? Do you think we'll be that good?"

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 17:37 - Jan 15 with 2130 viewsBexleyHoop

TBF - I had some of my best times watching QPR in league 1. Great awaydays, new grounds (albeit some absolute shit holes - Chesterfield's toilets where you had to step over the pee drain to get in the loos and it had no roof!)

Although do feel we could do a Charlton and stay in the division for a few years. On the bright side a local derby game for me and a good chance to have a good drink with my Charlton mates, so every cloud and all that
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 17:49 - Jan 15 with 2070 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 17:37 - Jan 15 by BexleyHoop

TBF - I had some of my best times watching QPR in league 1. Great awaydays, new grounds (albeit some absolute shit holes - Chesterfield's toilets where you had to step over the pee drain to get in the loos and it had no roof!)

Although do feel we could do a Charlton and stay in the division for a few years. On the bright side a local derby game for me and a good chance to have a good drink with my Charlton mates, so every cloud and all that

Chesterfield have a brand new stadium since then. The piss drain now has a mop.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 17:54 - Jan 15 with 2017 viewsE15Hoop

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 08:09 - Jan 15 by GaryBannister86

Totally agree, we can't just give up. I can't see us doing it, but the fact is (technically) the next 2 home games are eminently winnable, which would probably see us within 3 points of being out of the relegation zone, with months of the season left.

However, any less than I reckon 4 points from those two games and it really is becoming a very long shot.

Absolutely have to keep the faith, otherwise you can just see the scenario where we get relegated by let's say three points, and then everyone starts going "If we'd only beaten so and so" etc.

Miracles do happen, and we've already seen what this team CAN achieve when all the stars are aligned. As for yesterday, there've been loads of posts yesterday about how much better Armstrong looked (albeit he HAS to score that header early doors at least), and Dykes has two goals in two consecutive matches for the first time in a millennium, it feels like.

The teams immediately above us are either wildly inconsistent, or taking points off each other, so if we can find SOME way to cobble our ill-fitting jigsaw puzzle of a squad together over these next few games, its still possible that we might just clamber out of this stinking mess. No doubt its going to go right to the wire, though..
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 18:00 - Jan 15 with 1989 viewsEsox_Lucius

We will almost certainly need new scapegoats so how about Aaron Drewe and Steven Bala.

The grass is always greener.

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 18:06 - Jan 15 with 1956 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 17:37 - Jan 15 by BexleyHoop

Could even be the worst London side this time next year. Arguably we already are but in terms of league position. Something to aim for.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 18:09 - Jan 15 with 1938 viewsqpr_1968

got me bag of woollies packed for barnsley and blackpool on a wet cold tuesday night, and 7 new grounds.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 18:19 - Jan 15 with 1910 viewsjoolsyp

Already looking forward to the media jizzfest when Ryan, Rob and the Red Army turn up. Not.
Time to start preparing for League 1 on 09:41 - Jan 16 with 1613 viewsTheChef

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 15:35 - Jan 14 by QPRConor2000

I hope I'm wrong too!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Time to start preparing for League 1 on 11:23 - Jan 16 with 1537 viewsLogman

I reckon we will do OK in League One if we play football down there, BUT with intensity. We do have some players who are capable of doing that who may well stick around: Smyth, Larkeche, Dixon Bonner, Ozzie will be OK down there. Plus some of the youngsters will do well in that div : Kolli, Armstrong, Duke McKenna. The important thing will be to get rid of the ones that think they are above it e.g. Begovic, Collback, Fox or think they can ply theoir trade at a more lucrative, prestigious level, e.g. Chair, Willock, Field, Dozzell,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024