Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes playing as a 10 16:10 - Jan 15 with 2762 viewssdm1508

What was everyone's thoughts on this yesterday? Thought he did ok, played between the lines and took up some good positions. Seemed to play with a bit more freedom not being the main striker and being the one expected to get the goals (in a strange way)
Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 2726 viewsdaveB

He did OK, Marti seemed to have a right go at him for missing one chance he should have attacked with his head but threw a leg at it
Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:35 - Jan 15 with 2685 viewsDeanoMD

Apart from the constant falling over his own feet and not having the brains to get in the box more to attack balls in there he did ok.

I'd like to see Chair or EDB play there though.
Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:44 - Jan 15 with 2646 viewsWokingR

I thought he was dogshit yesterday.
He needs to glue velcro strips to his socks and the ball to stand any chance of controlling it and the ball not just bouncing off him.
He never seems to have the ball under any sort of control.
Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:49 - Jan 15 with 2624 viewsbosh67

Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:44 - Jan 15 by WokingR

He needs to glue velcro strips to his socks and the ball to stand any chance of controlling it and the ball not just bouncing off him.

"He needs to glue velcro strips to his socks and the ball to stand any chance of controlling it and the ball not just bouncing off him. He never seems to have the ball under any sort of control."

This is the kind of thing we seem to have on report cards from our scouts. To which the answer usually is... When can he start?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Dykes playing as a 10 on 16:52 - Jan 15 with 2611 viewsLoyalitat

Exactly this. Very rarely seems to be able to control the ball instantly with his first touch. Three to five touches seems to be the norm for him, which is way too many at championship level.
Should be Chair in that position.
[Post edited 15 Jan 16:52]
Dykes playing as a 10 on 19:22 - Jan 15 with 2427 viewsblavod

Agree. Twice in the first half he was in space just outside the box, but failed to control the ball and gave it away; allowing Watford to hit us on the break. Both of which resulted in panic last ditch defending and near misses that could have gone in.
Dykes playing as a 10 on 19:45 - Jan 15 with 2373 viewsPhil_i_P_Daddy

Got no time for him as a player but he was probably as useful as I’ve ever seen him yesterday.
Low bar and all that…
[Post edited 15 Jan 22:46]

Phil_i_P

Dykes playing as a 10 on 20:26 - Jan 15 with 2292 viewssixnil

Surely a requirement for a no.10 is being able to read the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Dykes playing as a 10 on 21:48 - Jan 15 with 2187 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought he had a decent first half and a poor second half but he scored, and the one thing it did was ensure we had more than one in the box and that's the problem with Chair being there
Dykes playing as a 10 on 22:32 - Jan 15 with 2108 viewsHastings_Hoops

Dykes playing as a 10 on 21:48 - Jan 15 by baz_qpr

I thought he had a decent first half and a poor second half but he scored, and the one thing it did was ensure we had more than one in the box and that's the problem with Chair being there

Really good point
Dykes playing as a 10 on 22:43 - Jan 15 with 2083 viewsJigsore

He was more involved than usual, but they should starting docking his pay if he ever tries to take a shot from 25+ yards out ever again

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Dykes playing as a 10 on 00:35 - Jan 16 with 1988 viewsnumptydumpty

Two goals in two games....

The lads on fire.

Keep that ratio up Lyndon and legend status awaits !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Dykes playing as a 10 on 00:45 - Jan 16 with 1978 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Why are people down voting any criticism of Dykes? If someone thinks he was shite yesterday then that isn't an instant downvote because you thought he wasnt(he was by the way)

Stop defending him so much and maybe the criticism will cease a little

Everytime I see us trying to defend him with 'he did one good thing yesterday' or 'he moved a couple of times' it's madness, he was glued to the floor on one cross, literally glued, and the one he threw his leg at??!?!!??! Should of been on that with his head....hold on maybe he could play 10 or maybe midfield or maybe in any other position or maybe he's a striker who is shite and we shouldn't play him at all? Or maybe you think otherwise and that is OK, if you say so then you won't be getting an instant petty down vote like you do if you logically point out his failings. The Lyndon Dykes defence league always on hand to protect the useless. Come on!
Dykes playing as a 10 on 09:30 - Jan 16 with 1799 viewsSpongeParr

I thought he played well, but he also made Armstrong play better as well I think.

I don't think he's the answer for number 10, but he's better in the 10 role than the 9. Plus, he actually got a shot on target.

Having said that, my front line would be

Smyth Chair Willock
Armstrong

Willock is shit on the right. Get him on the left, Chair will drift and Paal up to support. It's when we played our best stuff. Plus have Armstrong running behind (normally, diagonally away from goal) with Smyth providing the width and pace on the right.
Dykes playing as a 10 on 13:10 - Jan 16 with 1720 viewsgazza1

One of his better games.........
Dykes playing as a 10 on 20:37 - Jan 16 with 1585 viewsHarbour

Probably rubbish Daily Record in Scotland reporting Dykes wants move to Celtic suspect it’s got no foundation and suspect Celtic may not be keen either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024