Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Henderson to Ajax 12:45 - Jan 17 with 6449 viewsLandshark

He's apparently unhappy in Saudi Arabia and wants to leave.

He's getting paid a reported £700'000 per week (but apparently he didn't go for the money).

I don't care how much I hate my job, hate the country I live in, miss my family etc, if you're paying me £700'000 per week I am going to see out my contract.

What happened to the money Al-Ettifaq paid to Liverpool for him? Why would you allow a player to leave after paying many millions for him leave for free 6 months later? Seems a bit dodgy.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67975946
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 17:57 - Jan 17 with 1363 viewsBklynRanger

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 16:24 - Jan 17 by Northernr

I don't know mate. A club that paid north of £10m for Chuba Akpom feels like an ideal place to be hawking some of our wasters around.

Chai-EEAAARRRRR. Get him in that marketplace.

Cue 6 pages on the sociopolitocal history between Morocco and Saudi Arabia. Thank you Wikipedia.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 18:45 - Jan 17 with 1270 viewsellersliehoop

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:41 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Hopefully this Phillips to Palace thing materialises so one of the other options we have in that spot is actually playing some football.

Ross Barkley is having an excellent season in the exact same role at Luton
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 20:15 - Jan 17 with 1192 viewslassel

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 17:45 - Jan 17 by paulparker

I would take the lad at man Utd Mainoo (sp) what a prospect he looks

Too slow unfortunately. Great technical ability but just can’t cover the ground fast enough to ever be a truly top CM
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 22:01 - Jan 17 with 1098 viewsNorthernr

Some suggestion from fairly reliable journo Sam Wallace that Henderson deferred his wages as a tax dodge, and now probably won’t get them at all, which would just be chef’s kiss.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 22:19 - Jan 17 with 1056 viewsLazyFan

They want him off the books.

His wages would be more than the transfer fee, so they cut their losses to avoid losing an arm and a leg ... to use a phrase!

Playing for Ajax allows Southgate an excuse to squad-pick him.
If he somehow gets ahead of Rice and Bellingham in the centre, then that's a disgrace. Not to mention Foden, Gallagher and even TAA.

We don't need him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 07:45 - Jan 18 with 956 viewslassel

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 22:01 - Jan 17 by Northernr

Some suggestion from fairly reliable journo Sam Wallace that Henderson deferred his wages as a tax dodge, and now probably won’t get them at all, which would just be chef’s kiss.

It is quite glorious that the reason he’s ultimately ended up working for free is that he didn’t want to pay any tax to the country he loves representing so much…
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 07:52 - Jan 18 with 949 viewsdaveB

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 22:19 - Jan 17 by LazyFan

They want him off the books.

His wages would be more than the transfer fee, so they cut their losses to avoid losing an arm and a leg ... to use a phrase!

Playing for Ajax allows Southgate an excuse to squad-pick him.
If he somehow gets ahead of Rice and Bellingham in the centre, then that's a disgrace. Not to mention Foden, Gallagher and even TAA.

We don't need him.

He's not getting in ahead of Rice and Bellingham is he, might possibly play alongside them but won't be replacing them. Foden will play as one of the wide players
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 07:56 - Jan 18 with 936 viewsWegerles_Stairs

So bound to be a big puff piece somewhere when he signs, replete with Henderson showing us his CD collection like Gareth in The Office.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:00 - Jan 18 with 933 viewsQPerthR

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 14:47 - Jan 17 by Hunterhoop

Or, you know, just play one pivot in Declan Rice and use our wealth of attacking options in front of him. Bellingham is box to box. Play a Grealish or Eze in that midfield 3, then have Foden, Kane and AN Other up top. Given how much possession England have and how strong the squad is, just go out to score more goals than the oppo. Two holding midfielders is ludicrous for England.

Exactly , chance how attacking we can be and modify when needed . Embrace the favourite tag and attack , you would hope
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:18 - Jan 18 with 912 viewsdaveB

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:00 - Jan 18 by QPerthR

Exactly , chance how attacking we can be and modify when needed . Embrace the favourite tag and attack , you would hope

if it was a club side thats what he should do but you don't win international tournaments like that. Game is very different to club football, would personally play Trent as the third midfield player although he's very hit and miss for England
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:46 - Jan 18 with 875 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:18 - Jan 18 by daveB

if it was a club side thats what he should do but you don't win international tournaments like that. Game is very different to club football, would personally play Trent as the third midfield player although he's very hit and miss for England

We don’t win international tournaments under Gareth’s tactics either.
Playing players out of their normal positions is also madness.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 09:16 - Jan 18 with 842 viewsdaveB

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 08:46 - Jan 18 by Ned_Kennedys

We don’t win international tournaments under Gareth’s tactics either.
Playing players out of their normal positions is also madness.

We've come a lot closer than under any other manager since Venables under him but to win these tournaments you have to be very good at the back and control midfield, you look at teams who have done well in last few tournaments from France, Croatia, Argentina and Italy all play that well with good defensive midfield players and a very strong front 4

I don't disagree playing players out of position is mad but in Trent's case I think he's good enough to do it and would add a lot more in that midfield than Henderson or Philips
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 09:29 - Jan 18 with 808 viewsdsw2509

He can’t sign for an English club because he’d pay UK tax in everything he earned in Saudi. He needs to have a complete tax year outside the U.K.

Ajax looks like a good solution for him.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 787 viewsEastR

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 09:29 - Jan 18 by dsw2509

He can’t sign for an English club because he’d pay UK tax in everything he earned in Saudi. He needs to have a complete tax year outside the U.K.

UK-Netherlands have a double taxation agreement, so obligation to pay in one or the other not pay at all. Income tax rate in Holland currently 49%

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 11:52 - Jan 18 with 687 viewsBAWHoops

It's absolutely incredible how someone who has captained Liverpool to a title, The CL, FA Cup and League Cup will likely only be remembered for this now.
For a somewhat limited footballer he had built a phenomenal career, reputation and was pretty much universally liked except by Man U and Newcastle fans.
He had a plum job on MNF/MOTD guaranteed in 2 years time after he had inevitably wound down his career at Liverpool. Who would want to listen to his opinion now. He'll forever be known as a greedy bastad

He's torched the lot for absolutely nothing. The interview he gave to The Athletic made it even worse. If he'd kept his mouth shut, come back with his tail between his legs and said 'The money on offer as eye watering, I had to take it. Once I was out there though it was obvious I had made a mistake and I'm a lucky boy to be able to come and play for an iconic club like Ajax' people would have likely been OK with it (see Jermain Defoe's 6 months in Toronto).

He's also probably blown his chances of making the England squad with Gallagher and Jones progressing whilst Phillips looks set to move. All he had to do was play 15 games for Liverpool this season and Southgate would've had him in no questions asked.

An absolutely mental move from someone who has previously seemed very switched on

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 12:14 - Jan 18 with 659 viewslassel

Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 09:29 - Jan 18 by dsw2509

The strong suggestion is that he deferred pretty much all of the wages into next year as he wants to still play for England at the Euros, and so needs to be in the country and thus a tax base here.

Because you know, he wants to play for England and benefit commercially from that, but he doesn’t want to actually pay tax here….

Good luck to him getting the Saudis to pay out those deferred wages - let’s be honest they only will have let them cancel how contract in return for giving up that money.
Jordan Henderson to Ajax on 12:19 - Jan 18 with 646 viewskensalriser

A player who’s effectively retired from top level football shouldn’t even be considered for the England squad.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024