Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan 16:45 - Feb 8 with 8464 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:14 - Feb 8 with 5341 viewsPikey

Excellent interview/ discussion.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:31 - Feb 8 with 5127 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:14 - Feb 8 by Pikey

Excellent interview/ discussion.

Yeah I could've sat through another hour of that quite happily

Thought Les put his case across pretty well tbh, came out of it better than I was expecting him to anyway

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 21:30 - Feb 8 with 4978 viewsted_hendrix

Thanks for posting this, I thought It was a proper 'eye opener' the last 30-40 minutes was like a book you can't put down.

I've got a huge amount of time for Simon Jordan.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 22:53 - Feb 8 with 4749 viewsHayesender

Enjoyed that. Quite telling that he thought the best cast scenario would have been to see us relegated to league one and have a proper clear out

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:23 - Feb 8 with 4653 viewsdaveB

That was such a good watch, didn't like how it was promoted as if Les was blaming race for his departure but when you watch the whole thing he comes across really well

Fascinating about Ramseys appointment and JFH plus what the expectations were from the board
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:50 - Feb 8 with 4580 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:23 - Feb 8 by daveB

That was such a good watch, didn't like how it was promoted as if Les was blaming race for his departure but when you watch the whole thing he comes across really well

Fascinating about Ramseys appointment and JFH plus what the expectations were from the board

So we brought Ramsey in to keep us in the Championship when we was in the Prem with the plan to get rid of all the players on massive contracts when we drop to the championship and when we obviously couldn't get rid we changed it back to chasing promotion so sacked Ramsey and brought in JFH a L1 manager. Yeh that all makes sense!.
I thought it was a hard watch personally..The first 30 minutes or so was good when it was about his playing career but after that it was pretty awkward I thought.
No real answers why there's not many black managers apart from football in England having mainly white people in the directors box. And his role as DoF was mainly advisory and if the owners didn't agree then that's that.
Not sure he sold himself well for another DoF job. Jordan gave him the numbers of our league finishes under his watch and LF answer to that was it was difficult at QPR .
I don't think Jordan bought into a lot of what he was saying.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 00:08 - Feb 9 with 4550 viewsdaveB

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:50 - Feb 8 by PunteR

So we brought Ramsey in to keep us in the Championship when we was in the Prem with the plan to get rid of all the players on massive contracts when we drop to the championship and when we obviously couldn't get rid we changed it back to chasing promotion so sacked Ramsey and brought in JFH a L1 manager. Yeh that all makes sense!.
I thought it was a hard watch personally..The first 30 minutes or so was good when it was about his playing career but after that it was pretty awkward I thought.
No real answers why there's not many black managers apart from football in England having mainly white people in the directors box. And his role as DoF was mainly advisory and if the owners didn't agree then that's that.
Not sure he sold himself well for another DoF job. Jordan gave him the numbers of our league finishes under his watch and LF answer to that was it was difficult at QPR .

Well I would agree they were not the right decisions but was interesting to hear why they did it. the race thing was all driven by Jordan thats what he wanted from the interview and came at a time when Les was going through his time as DOF but they only got as far as JFH
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 05:30 - Feb 9 with 4357 viewsSydneyRs

Thought Jordan was very good. Challenged Les on a number of things, but in a polite and considered way. Both of them came out of it well.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:34 - Feb 9 with 4114 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Opening Credits:

‘Hi, I’m Simon Jordan, there is a lot of rubbish and false information going round, and I’m here to tell you facts’

First 3 minutes:

SJ: So Les, didn’t we try and sign you for Palace?
LF: No
SJ: Oh. Well you was born in Acton though?
LF: No
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:42 - Feb 9 with 4078 viewsChrisNW6

Thanks for posting, great interview.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:54 - Feb 9 with 4029 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:50 - Feb 8 by PunteR

He’s not going to sit there and categorically say (albeit he did suggest) that he had a meddling owner who kept undoing all of the good work.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:28 - Feb 9 with 3939 viewsw7r

Not watched it yet - loved Les the player.

Would like to point out though that it was never “Sir Les” it was “Said Les-ley Ferdinand, said Lesley Ferdinand”.

Or did I dream that?
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:29 - Feb 9 with 3937 viewsNorthernr

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:28 - Feb 9 by w7r

Would like to point out though that it was never “Sir Les” it was “Said Les-ley Ferdinand, said Lesley Ferdinand”.

Or did I dream that?

No, you're correct.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:40 - Feb 9 with 3891 viewsdaveB

Or did I dream that?

It was Tony Incenzo miss hearing the song and the nickname then began
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 10:40 - Feb 9 with 3670 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:54 - Feb 9 by Hastings_Hoops

He’s not going to sit there and categorically say (albeit he did suggest) that he had a meddling owner who kept undoing all of the good work.

He was inexperienced, he made made mistakes, we move on i guess.
Just felt there were loads of contradictions in this interview and didnt really delve into his 9 years here.
He got paid handsomely so obviously can't throw the owners under the bus. I guess it's all there for everyone to see anyway.
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:15]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 11:38 - Feb 9 with 3517 viewsSheffieldHoop

Or did I dream that?

I was 3 years old when he left QPR for Newcastle, can't say I remember the time that well

It's been Sir Les for as long as I can remember

I like "Right Said Les" personally

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 11:40 - Feb 9 with 3521 viewsswitchingcode

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 05:30 - Feb 9 by SydneyRs

Thought Jordan was very good. Challenged Les on a number of things, but in a polite and considered way. Both of them came out of it well.

Agree I never understood why Les wasn’t given the managers job,ok not all great players make successful managers but he is hugely respected and had coached at spurs.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:06 - Feb 9 with 3428 viewsdaveB

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 10:40 - Feb 9 by PunteR

He was inexperienced, he made made mistakes, we move on i guess.
Just felt there were loads of contradictions in this interview and didnt really delve into his 9 years here.
He got paid handsomely so obviously can't throw the owners under the bus. I guess it's all there for everyone to see anyway.
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:15]

I'd love to see a deep dive into those 9 years, he should certainly cop the blame for a few mistakes but think a lot of it came from above him and possibly why the new fella has half a chance as the owners have possibly realised that now after Ainsworth
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:19 - Feb 9 with 3360 viewsSheffieldHoop

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:06 - Feb 9 by daveB

I'd love to see a deep dive into those 9 years, he should certainly cop the blame for a few mistakes but think a lot of it came from above him and possibly why the new fella has half a chance as the owners have possibly realised that now after Ainsworth

Yeh I was disappointed that the QPR/DOF conversation basically stalled on JFH and never really got restarted. Loads more to cover after that.

Good these long-form interviews though aren't they? Properly engaging and you can learn so much. Putting Sky Sports and their "Random Neurodiverse kid updates her fantasy team" content to shame.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:39 - Feb 9 with 3287 viewsdaveB

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:19 - Feb 9 by SheffieldHoop

Yeh I was disappointed that the QPR/DOF conversation basically stalled on JFH and never really got restarted. Loads more to cover after that.

Good these long-form interviews though aren't they? Properly engaging and you can learn so much. Putting Sky Sports and their "Random Neurodiverse kid updates her fantasy team" content to shame.

all of this ones are usually good, he has a topic in each one he wants to grill them on, Les it was race, the Stuart Broad one he went on and about a bust up he had but overall they are a great watch
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 13:10 - Feb 9 with 3214 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:40 - Feb 9 by daveB

It was Tony Incenzo miss hearing the song and the nickname then began

Exactly that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:25 - Feb 9 with 2995 viewsHoopinEssex

Just listened. Great interview.

Listen to all Simon Jordans stuff. He's brilliant at it.
[Post edited 9 Feb 15:10]
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:45 - Feb 9 with 2898 viewsNorthernr

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:25 - Feb 9 by HoopinEssex

He's also one of the few outside of this website who's had Beale right from the start.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 15:01 - Feb 9 with 2825 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:45 - Feb 9 by Northernr

He's also one of the few outside of this website who's had Beale right from the start.

Nm
[Post edited 9 Feb 15:02]
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 17:18 - Feb 9 with 2570 viewslondonscottish

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:25 - Feb 9 by HoopinEssex

I read his book about his time at Palace and loved it. "Be Careful What You Wish For".

Eye-opening account of the sometimes shocking behaviour of players, agents and managers.

Extremely readable.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024