Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan 16:45 - Feb 8 with 8730 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 11:35 - Feb 10 with 1038 viewsBklynRanger

Decent listen. Interesting use of the word 'democratic' on some of the manager selection process - suppose 'fcuking shitshow' would have been less diplomatic.

Slightly frustrating because it felt like he was ready to get into more of the history and issues with us but it then got diverted onto the race issue. Which had to be addressed but went on for a while, possibly without either of them getting what they wanted out of it.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:14 - Feb 10 with 949 viewsTK1

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:12 - Feb 10 by Loyalitat

Who signed those mercenaries that left the club in such a parlous state in the first place? Let's start with Neil Warnock who was responsible for two of the very worst: Barton and Wright-Phillips, alongside Luke Young and Traore. The same Barton who was instrumental in Warnock's eventual sacking.

We made no profit on any of those and many of the legions that joined them later on, because they were crap too. Blame the managers, including Warnock, for viewing those players as being anything but crap, as those managers are most culpable. Look at Luton Town, they sign Ross Barkley, in all likelihood their highest earner; by way of comparison, we signed Barton, our highest earner at the time. Well done Neil.

There's another thread, second one in actual fact, with contributions expressly stating that we must let up on the criticism of Ainsworth, whose managerial record ranks amongst the worst in the club's history. No such mention of the same in the case of Les Ferdinand who achieved infinitely more than Ainsworth ever did, and at the highest level too, for both QPR and Newcastle. The criticism directed at Ainsworth doesn't come remotely close to that meted out to Ferdinand in its many guises. So much so, that he couldn't take to the field at half-time, as part of that excellent team's 30th anniversary last season, of which he played a significant role.

Excellent interview and discussion by the way.
[Post edited 10 Feb 9:37]

100% every word of this.

I don't think LF wanted to talk about race again and felt the sag in his shoulders when that became the focus once more. But I don't think he can (nor should) speak freely about his time as DOF at QPR for a long while. In five years there'll be a great podcast to hear with LF, Ramsey and possibly Hoos in conversation.

ps. are you Dave Mc?
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:36 - Feb 10 with 906 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:12 - Feb 10 by Loyalitat

Who signed those mercenaries that left the club in such a parlous state in the first place? Let's start with Neil Warnock who was responsible for two of the very worst: Barton and Wright-Phillips, alongside Luke Young and Traore. The same Barton who was instrumental in Warnock's eventual sacking.

We made no profit on any of those and many of the legions that joined them later on, because they were crap too. Blame the managers, including Warnock, for viewing those players as being anything but crap, as those managers are most culpable. Look at Luton Town, they sign Ross Barkley, in all likelihood their highest earner; by way of comparison, we signed Barton, our highest earner at the time. Well done Neil.

There's another thread, second one in actual fact, with contributions expressly stating that we must let up on the criticism of Ainsworth, whose managerial record ranks amongst the worst in the club's history. No such mention of the same in the case of Les Ferdinand who achieved infinitely more than Ainsworth ever did, and at the highest level too, for both QPR and Newcastle. The criticism directed at Ainsworth doesn't come remotely close to that meted out to Ferdinand in its many guises. So much so, that he couldn't take to the field at half-time, as part of that excellent team's 30th anniversary last season, of which he played a significant role.

Excellent interview and discussion by the way.
[Post edited 10 Feb 9:37]

Warnock transformed the club and got us promoted as champions in his first full season. I see a lot of people trying to belittle his achievements in an attempt to justify the decade of mediocrity that has followed.

And I've also seen far more opprobrium directed towards Ainsworth than Les, which is probably justified as he's the worst manager I've seen at the club.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:48 - Feb 10 with 879 viewsLazyFan

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:37 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, even if I agreed with this which I don’t, one thing I gathered from the interview is he fulfilled his remit from the board and DID actually leave when it became untenable.

The board’s remit was Championship survival and wage shrinkage. He did both for 8 years in a row.

I am with you. It's clear Les inherited a basket case, and he had no experience dealing with it. Possibly no one did.

He managed to keep us in the Champ despite us really being bankrupt again due to players wages. And Prem parachute money was immediately lost to that and then these players were not even Champ standard.

He managed to get us out of that deep-dark hole. He made one mistake which was with Hoo's letting Warbs fool them into thinking we could go up and are now back in the mire, Les got us out of. He knew that and fell on his sword.

Overall I would say he did good, but not great. If we survive this year and improve next season, then I would say Les time here was a success as its clear it was really bad when he came in.

He fixed some of the problems, buit not all. And the ones he added were genuine mistakes and ones that can be fixed. I am okay with his time here, especially when I look at other Champ clubs and the bad actors that run them.

zzzzzzzzzz

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:54 - Feb 10 with 852 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 12:48 - Feb 10 by LazyFan

I am with you. It's clear Les inherited a basket case, and he had no experience dealing with it. Possibly no one did.

He managed to keep us in the Champ despite us really being bankrupt again due to players wages. And Prem parachute money was immediately lost to that and then these players were not even Champ standard.

He managed to get us out of that deep-dark hole. He made one mistake which was with Hoo's letting Warbs fool them into thinking we could go up and are now back in the mire, Les got us out of. He knew that and fell on his sword.

Overall I would say he did good, but not great. If we survive this year and improve next season, then I would say Les time here was a success as its clear it was really bad when he came in.

He fixed some of the problems, buit not all. And the ones he added were genuine mistakes and ones that can be fixed. I am okay with his time here, especially when I look at other Champ clubs and the bad actors that run them.

Great post.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 14:03 - Feb 10 with 757 views08olesen

Think when you read out those finishing places over the 7 years, its clear he had plenty of time and didn't do enough to fix it.

Totally inexperienced for the role and it showed.

Great player for us but not a DOF

Poll: Who will the other play off

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 16:01 - Feb 10 with 673 viewsGus_iom

Didn't Warburton complain about the development squad playing a different style of football to the first team?
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 01:51 - Feb 11 with 507 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 16:01 - Feb 10 by Gus_iom

Didn't Warburton complain about the development squad playing a different style of football to the first team?

Not sure about different style but definitely didn't rate what that department produced.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024