Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan 16:45 - Feb 8 with 8731 viewsSheffieldHoop

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 17:51 - Feb 9 with 1836 viewspaulparker

Don’t mind Jordan he was the only sane one in the media I recall who actually backed our cause with the fall out from the Faurlin debacle

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 18:04 - Feb 9 with 1795 viewslightwaterhoop

I thought Les came across as a bit out of his depth in the DOF role although the interview only dealt with the early part of his stint.From a QPR fans perspective i thought it a bit disappointing but thanks for posting.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 18:15 - Feb 9 with 1755 viewslassel

Not had a chance to listen yet, does he discuss the time Jay Emmanuel-Thomas was at Villa’s training ground to meet with Tiger Tim Sherwood and he called their shared agent and blew Villa out of the water to bring JET to Loftus Road?
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 18:48 - Feb 9 with 1668 viewsstevec

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:50 - Feb 8 by PunteR

So we brought Ramsey in to keep us in the Championship when we was in the Prem with the plan to get rid of all the players on massive contracts when we drop to the championship and when we obviously couldn't get rid we changed it back to chasing promotion so sacked Ramsey and brought in JFH a L1 manager. Yeh that all makes sense!.
I thought it was a hard watch personally..The first 30 minutes or so was good when it was about his playing career but after that it was pretty awkward I thought.
No real answers why there's not many black managers apart from football in England having mainly white people in the directors box. And his role as DoF was mainly advisory and if the owners didn't agree then that's that.
Not sure he sold himself well for another DoF job. Jordan gave him the numbers of our league finishes under his watch and LF answer to that was it was difficult at QPR .
I don't think Jordan bought into a lot of what he was saying.

It’s hard to see how he would get another DOF job, stunning he lasted as long as he did.

Les is a bloke who likes to be liked, I dare say he left after eight years liked by everyone. Therein lies the problem with him ever being an effective DOF or boss of any kind.

Great footballer though, wish we could have just remembered him as that.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 18:53 - Feb 9 with 1653 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would love to do a poll and see if anyone thinks he’s less culpable than they did before they heard this.
[Post edited 9 Feb 18:58]
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:11 - Feb 9 with 1582 viewsstevec

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 18:53 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Would love to do a poll and see if anyone thinks he’s less culpable than they did before they heard this.
[Post edited 9 Feb 18:58]

You take the job, you’re culpable.
You take the money, you’re culpable.
The fact he wouldn’t or couldn’t put his stamp on it doesn’t make you less culpable.
Were the board shit, yes, he could have jacked the job in, he didn’t, culpable.

The number 9 shirt at Newcastle, Ray Wilkins/Gerry non resignation story, Jimmy Case. There’s a theme here if you look.

Les is a really nice bloke in a cut throat profession. His footballing ability got him through as a player, his management ability failed him as a DOF.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:37 - Feb 9 with 1512 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:11 - Feb 9 by stevec

The fact he wouldn’t or couldn’t put his stamp on it doesn’t make you less culpable.

The number 9 shirt at Newcastle, Ray Wilkins/Gerry non resignation story, Jimmy Case. There’s a theme here if you look.

Les is a really nice bloke in a cut throat profession. His footballing ability got him through as a player, his management ability failed him as a DOF.

Well, even if I agreed with this which I don’t, one thing I gathered from the interview is he fulfilled his remit from the board and DID actually leave when it became untenable.

The board’s remit was Championship survival and wage shrinkage. He did both for 8 years in a row.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:03 - Feb 9 with 1438 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 10:40 - Feb 9 by PunteR

He was inexperienced, he made made mistakes, we move on i guess.
Just felt there were loads of contradictions in this interview and didnt really delve into his 9 years here.
He got paid handsomely so obviously can't throw the owners under the bus. I guess it's all there for everyone to see anyway.
[Post edited 9 Feb 13:15]

A good investor (shareholder) either determines that they have the skill and application to run their investment themselves. Alternatively, they bring in someone with the skill and appetite to run their investment for them. QPR’s owners have flip flopped between the two, which is no good for the shareholders or the directors.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:04 - Feb 9 with 1430 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:37 - Feb 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Well, even if I agreed with this which I don’t, one thing I gathered from the interview is he fulfilled his remit from the board and DID actually leave when it became untenable.

The board’s remit was Championship survival and wage shrinkage. He did both for 8 years in a row.

The remit wasn't just Championship survival and wage shrinkage.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:07 - Feb 9 with 1420 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:03 - Feb 9 by Hastings_Hoops

A good investor (shareholder) either determines that they have the skill and application to run their investment themselves. Alternatively, they bring in someone with the skill and appetite to run their investment for them. QPR’s owners have flip flopped between the two, which is no good for the shareholders or the directors.

From my limited exposure, this is the nail on the head.

It’s interesting that LF said he only used to used blind CVs (no names) and that Ainsworth was appointed because Amit Bhatia went rogue and called him up.

Those two approaches are never going to work together are they? I know what I prefer though.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 20:09 - Feb 9 with 1410 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 19:11 - Feb 9 by stevec

"The number 9 shirt at Newcastle, Ray Wilkins/Gerry non resignation story, Jimmy Case. There’s a theme here if you look."

Yeh i thought the same.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 21:18 - Feb 9 with 1345 viewsjoe90

Can’t believe no one has mentioned that 50 Cent performed at Tony Fernandes daughter’s birthday, haha!
[Post edited 9 Feb 21:40]
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 22:16 - Feb 9 with 1268 viewspaulhoop2

Simon Jordan excellent on talksport great interviewer and speaks his mind for a non player or coach he knows his stuff. Would love to have seen him back in football at some point

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:40 - Feb 9 with 1204 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 17:18 - Feb 9 by londonscottish

I read his book about his time at Palace and loved it. "Be Careful What You Wish For".

Eye-opening account of the sometimes shocking behaviour of players, agents and managers.

Extremely readable.

I might check that out, londonscottish, thanks.

I have to say that I've struggled with Jordan any time I've heard or seen from him: ; : ; (see what I did there?) I watched some of this interview last night and I struggled to stick with it as I couldn't warm to him and also (:;:) his research was off, as mentioned above.

Thinking about it today, though, I was just annoyed by what I subconcoiusly saw as preening by an agenda-pushing interviewer, which was stupid of me.

I'll try again, and I might well read that book.
Thanks again.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:49 - Feb 9 with 1169 viewsFredManRave

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:40 - Feb 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I might check that out, londonscottish, thanks.

I have to say that I've struggled with Jordan any time I've heard or seen from him: ; : ; (see what I did there?) I watched some of this interview last night and I struggled to stick with it as I couldn't warm to him and also (:;:) his research was off, as mentioned above.

Thinking about it today, though, I was just annoyed by what I subconcoiusly saw as preening by an agenda-pushing interviewer, which was stupid of me.

I'll try again, and I might well read that book.
Thanks again.

Congrats, Brian.

First bloke ever to write "I've struggled with Jordan".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:52 - Feb 9 with 1153 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:49 - Feb 9 by FredManRave

Congrats, Brian.

Oh man, I've struggled with her too.

But you'll have to wait for my book to come out.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:56 - Feb 9 with 1145 viewsWegerles_Stairs

So Ramsey was appointed to accept relegation and then stay in the Championship forever? Explains why they didn't want a proven winner like Warnock in charge.

Not that hard to survive in the Championship with parachute payments for several of those seasons. Not that hard to pay players off. How many of them did we make a profit on?

He left us in that state we were in at the start of the season, facing relegation to League 1. When he took over we were in the Premier League.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:59 - Feb 9 with 1129 viewsGus_iom

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:49 - Feb 9 by FredManRave

Congrats, Brian.

Levi Eshkol?
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 00:03 - Feb 10 with 1118 viewsGus_iom

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:59 - Feb 9 by Gus_iom

Levi Eshkol?

Anyway, from the interview, my take was that Les is someone who knows what the problems are, but not the solutions.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 00:04 - Feb 10 with 1110 viewsFredManRave

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:59 - Feb 9 by Gus_iom

Levi Eshkol?

You've just set JimTheHipsDon'tLie's non football related post on LFW Klaxon off.

My answer is, I have no idea what make of Jeans Simor Jordan wore.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 00:05 - Feb 10 with 1105 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:56 - Feb 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

So Ramsey was appointed to accept relegation and then stay in the Championship forever? Explains why they didn't want a proven winner like Warnock in charge.

Not that hard to survive in the Championship with parachute payments for several of those seasons. Not that hard to pay players off. How many of them did we make a profit on?

He left us in that state we were in at the start of the season, facing relegation to League 1. When he took over we were in the Premier League.

That’s a very over simplified version of events in my opinion.

Also, I think you missed the bit where Les talks about Warnock. He put that myth to bed.
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 01:13 - Feb 10 with 1049 viewsPunteR

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 00:05 - Feb 10 by BazzaInTheLoft

That’s a very over simplified version of events in my opinion.

Also, I think you missed the bit where Les talks about Warnock. He put that myth to bed.

Yeh right. From someone that over simplified the remit.
I think you need a re watch.

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 08:12 - Feb 10 with 907 viewsLoyalitat

Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 23:56 - Feb 9 by Wegerles_Stairs

Who signed those mercenaries that left the club in such a parlous state in the first place? Let's start with Neil Warnock who was responsible for two of the very worst: Barton and Wright-Phillips, alongside Luke Young and Traore. The same Barton who was instrumental in Warnock's eventual sacking.

We made no profit on any of those and many of the legions that joined them later on, because they were crap too. Blame the managers, including Warnock, for viewing those players as being anything but crap, as those managers are most culpable. Look at Luton Town, they sign Ross Barkley, in all likelihood their highest earner; by way of comparison, we signed Barton, our highest earner at the time. Well done Neil.

There's another thread, second one in actual fact, with contributions expressly stating that we must let up on the criticism of Ainsworth, whose managerial record ranks amongst the worst in the club's history. No such mention of the same in the case of Les Ferdinand who achieved infinitely more than Ainsworth ever did, and at the highest level too, for both QPR and Newcastle. The criticism directed at Ainsworth doesn't come remotely close to that meted out to Ferdinand in its many guises. So much so, that he couldn't take to the field at half-time, as part of that excellent team's 30th anniversary last season, of which he played a significant role.

Excellent interview and discussion by the way.
[Post edited 10 Feb 9:37]
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:03 - Feb 10 with 797 viewsstevec

Permission to use the term WTAF ?!
Sir Les Interview with Simon Jordan on 09:19 - Feb 10 with 761 viewsAntti_Heinola

Jordan is entertaining and interesting, but the bloke is as big-a bullsh1tter as Bealey boy - no wonder he got him from the start. Takes a bullsh1tter etc

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024