Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Palace 09:39 - Feb 16 with 3671 viewssprocket

Sums up football what they did to Roy Hodgson - taken to hospital after feeling ill and replaced by new coach on same day. 76 years of age. No respect for what he has done for the club and him as a human being. Football is fcuked.
Palace on 10:43 - Feb 16 with 3502 viewshubble

Upvoted by mistake - but I didn't want to downvote you either, I just accidentally clicked on it. Fat fingers. Anyway, they haven't officially sacked him yet, although they were planning too (apparently), but they postponed the press conference out of respect. So perhaps not quite as ruthless as you suggest?

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Palace on 10:52 - Feb 16 with 3442 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bob Hazell!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Palace on 11:07 - Feb 16 with 3373 viewssprocket

Palace on 10:43 - Feb 16 by hubble

Upvoted by mistake - but I didn't want to downvote you either, I just accidentally clicked on it. Fat fingers. Anyway, they haven't officially sacked him yet, although they were planning too (apparently), but they postponed the press conference out of respect. So perhaps not quite as ruthless as you suggest?

Two year contract for Glasner at #CPFC, he gave green light yesterday. https://t.co/FOAXczdmov
(

Roy wont be coming back as manager
Palace on 12:55 - Feb 16 with 3140 viewsDaBurgh

Palace on 11:07 - Feb 16 by sprocket

Two year contract for Glasner at #CPFC, he gave green light yesterday. https://t.co/FOAXczdmov
(

Roy wont be coming back as manager

That's an incredible tweet. "Roy Hodgson has been fired." No mention of health status, no thank you for your time here. Etc. Etc. Top drawer scummy IMHO.
Edit - I see that's just a sports journalist who sent the tweet and not the club. So maybe not as bad as I thought.
[Post edited 16 Feb 13:04]
Palace on 13:02 - Feb 16 with 3105 viewsMedwayR

Palace on 12:55 - Feb 16 by DaBurgh

That's an incredible tweet. "Roy Hodgson has been fired." No mention of health status, no thank you for your time here. Etc. Etc. Top drawer scummy IMHO.
Edit - I see that's just a sports journalist who sent the tweet and not the club. So maybe not as bad as I thought.
[Post edited 16 Feb 13:04]

Why would a journalist give a statement like that?

Poll: Who’s better?

Palace on 13:05 - Feb 16 with 3079 viewsJuzzie

Palace on 13:02 - Feb 16 by MedwayR

Why would a journalist give a statement like that?

Clickbait and to deliberately create discussion.

‘The only thing that’s worse than being talked about is not being talked about’.

[Post edited 16 Feb 13:06]
Palace on 18:10 - Feb 16 with 2765 views100percent

I don't think it works like that. It's sad that the man has been taken ill, but those conversations to instil another manager have been imminent for some weeks - you only have to have a brief look on their socials to know that.
Also it does beg the question of whether having a manager of 76 years is ever going to be a healthy option whether it is physical or mental capacity. he has looked a shadow of himself for a while and the stress has been oozing out of every pore.
Personally I'm no fan of Hodgson, but I wish him the best in recovery.
To me it says more about football being fcked that they are relying on OAP's to run a football team at that level.
Palace on 18:15 - Feb 16 with 2745 viewsthemodfather

football is a results business and also a money making business, which is odd as most clubs are in debt.... whether it is palace, qpr etc you lose too many games, the manager goes.
of course qpr wait too long and pray and expect miracles.
warnock and hodgson are both mid 70s and s it really a young mans game? klopp seems to have had enough at the POOL.
Login to get fewer ads

Palace on 19:15 - Feb 16 with 2629 viewsSuperhoops2808

None of us know what the Palarse board have discussed with Hodgson either
Palace on 15:47 - Feb 19 with 2180 viewssprocket

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/club-statement-roy-hodgson/
Palace on 16:29 - Feb 19 with 1948 viewsNed_Kennedys

Palace on 15:47 - Feb 19 by sprocket

https://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/announcement/club-statement-roy-hodgson/

Steve Parish: “Roy we want to sack you but that will look bad on us: how about you ‘step down’ to save face and we’ll still pay you a decent compensation package?”
Palace on 16:35 - Feb 19 with 1918 viewsEsox_Lucius

Palace on 16:29 - Feb 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Steve Parish: “Roy we want to sack you but that will look bad on us: how about you ‘step down’ to save face and we’ll still pay you a decent compensation package?”

Beale to replace him. Nailed on!

The grass is always greener.

Palace on 16:38 - Feb 19 with 1899 viewssprocket

Palace on 16:35 - Feb 19 by Esox_Lucius

Beale to replace him. Nailed on!

HA! - too late they have someone lined up
Palace on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 1770 viewsPlanetHonneywood

His health issues aside, of all the people who've lost their jobs recently, I'm not going to get me boxers snarled up over a 75 year old multimillionaire, who wasn't doing a great job it seems.

Frankly, his time in an increasingly young man's game was long up. He should go relax and enjoy his days while he can.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Palace on 17:20 - Feb 19 with 1698 viewsstowmarketrange

Palace on 18:10 - Feb 16 by 100percent

I don't think it works like that. It's sad that the man has been taken ill, but those conversations to instil another manager have been imminent for some weeks - you only have to have a brief look on their socials to know that.
Also it does beg the question of whether having a manager of 76 years is ever going to be a healthy option whether it is physical or mental capacity. he has looked a shadow of himself for a while and the stress has been oozing out of every pore.
Personally I'm no fan of Hodgson, but I wish him the best in recovery.
To me it says more about football being fcked that they are relying on OAP's to run a football team at that level.

Age doesn’t seem to matter when it comes to being in charge of one of world’s biggest and richest countries.We will probably have the spectacle of 2 octogenarians battling to see who has their finger on the big nuclear button for the next 4 years.And the Antichrist Putin is knocking on a bit too.
“The times they are a changing.”
Sorry Clive.
Palace on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 1478 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Palace on 16:59 - Feb 19 by PlanetHonneywood

His health issues aside, of all the people who've lost their jobs recently, I'm not going to get me boxers snarled up over a 75 year old multimillionaire, who wasn't doing a great job it seems.

Frankly, his time in an increasingly young man's game was long up. He should go relax and enjoy his days while he can.

A bit harsh there but accurate IMO PlanetHonneywood .Its like most things in sports he pulled CP to safety last season and should have walked off into the sunset then .
Instead he came back for another year but the magic had gone and now he is out.
Like Claudio Ranieri he came back after leading LC to the title and got the ax from Fulham and Watford when he should have left England after Leicester IMO.
He is still managing but for how long its anybodys guess
Palace on 19:40 - Feb 19 with 1339 viewsbob566

https://sportsbrief.com/football/10163-which-richest-football-club-world/
Palace on 18:24 - Feb 20 with 936 viewswestberksr

Palace on 16:59 - Feb 19 by PlanetHonneywood

he was getting sacked anyway; they've just had to be a bit more diplomatic about it after his health issues.

this has been on the cards for weeks and there have n=been stories about this guy circulating prior to Roy taking ill; despite all that I wish him a speedy recovery and hopefully a long and healthy retirement
Palace on 19:09 - Feb 20 with 870 viewsNorthantsHoop

I find Palace a bit of a weird club, sort of like them ( good friend of mine is a season ticket holder) but they just sort of hang around in the Premier league but never do anything, but I suppose a bit jealous that they have maintained Premier status for 10 years while we are treading water. Hopefully Hodgson recovers well he has had a decent career but the writing was on the wall a while back on retaining his job, probably should have stepped aside end of last season.
Palace on 20:40 - Feb 20 with 764 viewsTGRRRSSS

True of 6 or 8 clubs really

On Roy enjoy retire ent and what's no doubt a decent pension
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024