Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michael Gove again 20:08 - Feb 20 with 7232 viewsGloryHunter

Failed to register QPR match hospitality then awarded £164m PPE contract to donors.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/feb/20/michael-gove-failed-to-register
Michael Gove again on 23:32 - Feb 22 with 2176 viewsChrisNW6

Michael Gove again on 22:47 - Feb 22 by Discodroids

I'm sure Paul Parker and Essex taxi may recall, but i met Mr gove in the queen adelaide boozer before a game 4 or 5 years ago.. I clocked him on the way to the bogs and i commandeered his person as i was ripped to the tits on filthy booze and Bogotoa bugle
smuggled in up the arse of a stuffed pangolin the previous night at John Digweeds Bedrock at Fabric .

As i recall Gove was a bit unsteady on his trotters, He'd been at the eggnog so i decided to give him a few words of east end wisdom.. I took a moment and looked at Michael, placing a hand upon his Rupert Rigsby Bent shoulders. 

I spoke softly to him .. 'Life is its own answer, Michael. Accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible. Expect no more. Destroy nothing. Humble nothing. Look for fault in nothing. Leave unsullied and untouched all that is beautiful. Hold that which lives in all reverence'. 

And while he was off guard with my Lowenbrau words of wisdom , i nicked £120 Out of the daft cu nts wallet and spunked it on a coffee coloured canning town brass Who took it up the Tata box and blew me like the Gap Bands horn section . Stupid Fuc ker.

[Post edited 23 Feb 11:05]

Beautiful and eloquent
Michael Gove again on 23:39 - Feb 22 with 2141 viewsstevec

Michael Gove again on 23:09 - Feb 22 by Devonwhitewhitewhite

You know there are people who support QPR who aren't Left Wing. And, for me, the important thing is they support QPR not what their Politics are. Michael Gove and Toby Young aren't Fascists, they're democrats. You might not agree with them but we live in a society (for now, and its badly under threat) where there is a plurality of thought and expression. We all put aside normal life when we enter Loftus Road (or away grounds) for a couple of hours and focus on our maddening and dysfunctional team with all the consequential emotional releases. I think it would be really, really great if everyone stopped the nasty political stuff on this message board. There are other places on the internet to exercise your prejudices and ignorance if thats what you really have to do. And if Glen Matlock really threw a pie at Michael Gove then he's a sad middle aged prat, but I forgive him because, unlike Jones and Cook he stayed loyal. And If I was Giles or Victoria Coren, or any other Jewish supporter of which there are many, I'd be pretty upset by the Palestinian Flag with its fatuous comment sitting up on one of the members logos. Take it down, please, and concentrate on what happens when Mr Cook gets injured.

Well, indeed.

In a weird way, I’m quite looking forward to a Labour government as all this shit politicking on here will disappear overnight, or at least you’d hope so.

There’s also little chance any local Labour MPs will get incessantly slagged off for having the temerity of supporting QPR, largely because they probably all support top six clubs.

Oh, you won’t get me, I’m part of the Union.
Michael Gove again on 23:41 - Feb 22 with 2149 viewsDevonwhitewhitewhite

Michael Gove again on 23:31 - Feb 22 by ChrisNW6

WTF

?
Michael Gove again on 08:10 - Feb 23 with 1971 viewsnix

You know there are people who support QPR who aren't Left Wing. And, for me, the important thing is they support QPR not what their Politics are. Michael Gove and Toby Young aren't Fascists, they're democrats. You might not agree with them but we live in a society (for now, and its badly under threat) where there is a plurality of thought and expression. We all put aside normal life when we enter Loftus Road (or away grounds) for a couple of hours and focus on our maddening and dysfunctional team with all the consequential emotional releases. I think it would be really, really great if everyone stopped the nasty political stuff on this message board. There are other places on the internet to exercise your prejudices and ignorance if thats what you really have to do. And if Glen Matlock really threw a pie at Michael Gove then he's a sad middle aged prat, but I forgive him because, unlike Jones and Cook he stayed loyal. And If I was Giles or Victoria Coren, or any other Jewish supporter of which there are many, I'd be pretty upset by the Palestinian Flag with its fatuous comment sitting up on one of the members logos. Take it down, please, and concentrate on what happens when Mr Cook gets injured.

This is much wider than party politics and it’s a pity you see it that way and that’s part of the problem. i was every bit as outraged by the two married Labour MPs that were both claiming for the cost of a property in their constituency when it was the same house and both London constituencies (so easily accessible to the house of Commons) as I was for the Tory bloke with his moat.

If you can’t see it as a problem that any MP fiddles their expenses or makes decisions that benefit themselves rather than the country then you are a big part of the problem. Which party they belong to should be irrelevant. This isn’t like which football do you support this affects our daily lives.

Lying by omission about hospitality is what leads to false expense claims and the Michelle Mones of this world. The Tory party are in power and have been for a long time which is why they are more in the frame but I don’t think for a second it’s limited to them.

In fact I’d go further, I don’t think MPs should be allowed to be paid at all by businesses or foreign governments to protect their interests. To me it’s a massive conflict of interest and they should only work for the interests of their constituents and the wider public.
Michael Gove again on 09:10 - Feb 23 with 1914 viewsstevec

Michael Gove again on 08:10 - Feb 23 by nix

This is much wider than party politics and it’s a pity you see it that way and that’s part of the problem. i was every bit as outraged by the two married Labour MPs that were both claiming for the cost of a property in their constituency when it was the same house and both London constituencies (so easily accessible to the house of Commons) as I was for the Tory bloke with his moat.

If you can’t see it as a problem that any MP fiddles their expenses or makes decisions that benefit themselves rather than the country then you are a big part of the problem. Which party they belong to should be irrelevant. This isn’t like which football do you support this affects our daily lives.

Lying by omission about hospitality is what leads to false expense claims and the Michelle Mones of this world. The Tory party are in power and have been for a long time which is why they are more in the frame but I don’t think for a second it’s limited to them.

In fact I’d go further, I don’t think MPs should be allowed to be paid at all by businesses or foreign governments to protect their interests. To me it’s a massive conflict of interest and they should only work for the interests of their constituents and the wider public.

Totally agree with all that but you must admit, it tends to be a bit of a one way street on here Nix.
Michael Gove again on 09:56 - Feb 23 with 1854 viewsDevonwhitewhitewhite

I think the point I’m trying to make is that this is a FOOTBALL forum, not a Politics forum. Obviously bad behaviour amongst politician’s isn’t confined to Conservatives, look at the SNP for goodness sake! But I come on here to be informed and read gossip about QPR not to have to wade through a soup of Political nonsense to get there. Obviously Politics sometimes collides with this ( like the Newcastle fan who was cancelled by her club) but generally it doesn’t or shouldn’t. And in my experience, as soon as this forum heads off down a political rabbit hole it becomes very toxic very quickly. So it would be good if those who want to get their megaphones out went somewhere else to do it ( X, Speakers Corner, Meta are available) and the rest of us concentrated on the unfolding saga of the inevitable 0-1 on Saturday.
Michael Gove again on 10:57 - Feb 23 with 1770 viewsChrisNW6

Michael Gove again on 09:56 - Feb 23 by Devonwhitewhitewhite

I think the point I’m trying to make is that this is a FOOTBALL forum, not a Politics forum. Obviously bad behaviour amongst politician’s isn’t confined to Conservatives, look at the SNP for goodness sake! But I come on here to be informed and read gossip about QPR not to have to wade through a soup of Political nonsense to get there. Obviously Politics sometimes collides with this ( like the Newcastle fan who was cancelled by her club) but generally it doesn’t or shouldn’t. And in my experience, as soon as this forum heads off down a political rabbit hole it becomes very toxic very quickly. So it would be good if those who want to get their megaphones out went somewhere else to do it ( X, Speakers Corner, Meta are available) and the rest of us concentrated on the unfolding saga of the inevitable 0-1 on Saturday.

I generally sit on the right side of politics and thought it was a factual light hearted thread. The story is relevant as it involves QPR and not sure why any of the comments offended your political views.
Michael Gove again on 11:04 - Feb 23 with 1738 viewsDiscodroids

Michael Gove again on 22:47 - Feb 22 by Discodroids

I'm sure Paul Parker and Essex taxi may recall, but i met Mr gove in the queen adelaide boozer before a game 4 or 5 years ago.. I clocked him on the way to the bogs and i commandeered his person as i was ripped to the tits on filthy booze and Bogotoa bugle
smuggled in up the arse of a stuffed pangolin the previous night at John Digweeds Bedrock at Fabric .

As i recall Gove was a bit unsteady on his trotters, He'd been at the eggnog so i decided to give him a few words of east end wisdom.. I took a moment and looked at Michael, placing a hand upon his Rupert Rigsby Bent shoulders. 

I spoke softly to him .. 'Life is its own answer, Michael. Accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible. Expect no more. Destroy nothing. Humble nothing. Look for fault in nothing. Leave unsullied and untouched all that is beautiful. Hold that which lives in all reverence'. 

And while he was off guard with my Lowenbrau words of wisdom , i nicked £120 Out of the daft cu nts wallet and spunked it on a coffee coloured canning town brass Who took it up the Tata box and blew me like the Gap Bands horn section . Stupid Fuc ker.

[Post edited 23 Feb 11:05]

Lowenbrau. She makes me say things. God , i love her. Liquid Golden Brown.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Login to get fewer ads

Michael Gove again on 11:25 - Feb 23 with 1707 views100percent

Perhaps instead of trying to censor and control the narrative on this excellent site, maybe you should find a QPR site that reflects your opinions and prejudices?
Michael Gove again on 11:37 - Feb 23 with 1671 viewsslmrstid

Michael Gove again on 09:10 - Feb 23 by stevec

Totally agree with all that but you must admit, it tends to be a bit of a one way street on here Nix.

Probably right a bit Steve but I imagine if we'd had 14 years of Labour power it'd be the same, but only the other way.

If Labour do indeed win the 2024 election lets all come back to LFW in 2038 and see if its correct
Michael Gove again on 12:00 - Feb 23 with 1641 viewsDevonWhite

Even people with the same cult hero as their username can clearly have vastly different politics.
Michael Gove again on 12:37 - Feb 23 with 1597 viewsDevonwhitewhitewhite

Michael Gove again on 11:25 - Feb 23 by 100percent

Perhaps instead of trying to censor and control the narrative on this excellent site, maybe you should find a QPR site that reflects your opinions and prejudices?

"Censor and Control"?? A plea to be tolerant and polite and not drag our poisonous political landscape onto this superb site is what I am suggesting. And its not just this thread, it's too many others in recent years, hence the intervention. And anyone making assumptions about my opinions and prejudices is doing just that: making assumptions. Yes, as Devonwhite says people can have very different opinions about many things but still love this club (and Devon White) in the same way. Although he may be a bit surprised about where I ACTUALLY sit on many issues (closer to him than he thinks I would guess!) he isn't going to find out here. Anyway I'm done with this, either people get what I'm trying to say or they don't (or won't).
Michael Gove again on 13:28 - Feb 23 with 1528 views100percent

Michael Gove again on 12:37 - Feb 23 by Devonwhitewhitewhite

"Censor and Control"?? A plea to be tolerant and polite and not drag our poisonous political landscape onto this superb site is what I am suggesting. And its not just this thread, it's too many others in recent years, hence the intervention. And anyone making assumptions about my opinions and prejudices is doing just that: making assumptions. Yes, as Devonwhite says people can have very different opinions about many things but still love this club (and Devon White) in the same way. Although he may be a bit surprised about where I ACTUALLY sit on many issues (closer to him than he thinks I would guess!) he isn't going to find out here. Anyway I'm done with this, either people get what I'm trying to say or they don't (or won't).

Describing people as 'ignorant' with 'fatuous comments' because you don't agree with their stance hardly demonstrates a belief in democracy. Isn't the basis of democracy and free speech the ability to state one's opinion with being censored or told what to say and where to say it?
Or is democracy only available to people that agree with you?
Michael Gove again on 07:05 - Feb 24 with 1355 viewsLadbrokeR

I really couldn’t care if Gove attends or not
Michael Gove again on 08:33 - Feb 24 with 1285 viewsstevec

Michael Gove again on 11:37 - Feb 23 by slmrstid

Probably right a bit Steve but I imagine if we'd had 14 years of Labour power it'd be the same, but only the other way.

If Labour do indeed win the 2024 election lets all come back to LFW in 2038 and see if its correct

Fair do’s and the Tories have been particularly shit.

Going forward, do we have any QPR supporting Labour MP’s? Alan Johnson was a good egg but I’m talking about present rather than past incumbents.

I believe Starmer is a gooner. You can imagine him doing a disappearing act if the games not going to plan, so a nice fit.
Michael Gove again on 12:58 - Feb 29 with 1079 viewsdsw2509

He has now reported himself to the House of Commons Standards.

If he is suspended for more than 10 days it could be another by election.
Michael Gove again on 13:29 - Feb 29 with 1025 viewsGroveR

Have you ever met Toby Young? I have and think he's a colossal dribbling cock. That's personal, not political.
Michael Gove again on 13:48 - Feb 29 with 965 viewsed_83

"We must defend plurality of thought and expression"

[30 seconds later]

"The Palestinian flag should be banned"

At least the first team squad's no longer the least consistent thing around here, I guess.
Michael Gove again on 14:07 - Feb 29 with 918 viewsPaddyhoops

Michael Gove again on 13:29 - Feb 29 by GroveR

Have you ever met Toby Young? I have and think he's a colossal dribbling cock. That's personal, not political.

He was stood behind in the lower loft for the Millwall game . Brought his kids to the game .
He got the wrong row and I had to point out to him that my name was on the seat despite him insisting he’d bought the seat.
His two kids (mid to late teens) ushered him to the row behind, apologised to me and took the piss out of him for the duration of the game.
Not a big fan of his politics but he and his offspring were as happy as the rest of us with the win .
Would never call out a politician/ journalist regardless of their opinions, in public .
Michael Gove again on 14:53 - Feb 29 with 827 viewsderbyhoop

I was broadly in agreement until the last paragraph.
Yes, both sides have MPs who behave like pigs at a trough.
But outside interests (and payment for that involvement) can bring a level of knowledge that won't be found in those who've only ever had a life in politics. The issue is to ensure they are fully declared.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Michael Gove again on 15:03 - Feb 29 with 810 viewsEsox_Lucius

Typical fascist response.All in favour of free speech until it goes against your opinion.
[Post edited 29 Feb 21:04]

The grass is always greener.

Michael Gove again on 12:17 - Mar 1 with 492 viewsGroveR

Michael Gove again on 14:07 - Feb 29 by Paddyhoops

He was stood behind in the lower loft for the Millwall game . Brought his kids to the game .
He got the wrong row and I had to point out to him that my name was on the seat despite him insisting he’d bought the seat.
His two kids (mid to late teens) ushered him to the row behind, apologised to me and took the piss out of him for the duration of the game.
Not a big fan of his politics but he and his offspring were as happy as the rest of us with the win .
Would never call out a politician/ journalist regardless of their opinions, in public .

Always interesting to hear different perspectives - maybe he's less of a còck with his kids at football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024