Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear 22:41 - Mar 3 with 4841 viewsJules4367

1. Do NOT punch the ball into the middle of the penalty area
2. Do NOT keep kicking the ball to the extreme edge of the pitch and hoping that Dunne will head it to an R's player- it either goes over his head and gives back possession OR he heads it to an opposing player and it gives back possession - you can see the issue can't you?! (Happy to avoid the passing out from the back all the time but please, you do not have to keep kicking the ball into touch!)
[Post edited 4 Mar 19:11]
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 23:12 - Mar 3 with 2837 viewsBoston

Yeah, pi$$ed me right off as well. I was going to have a word with him about it, but...he's fcking huge.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:49 - Mar 4 with 2645 viewsDaBurgh

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 23:12 - Mar 3 by Boston

Yeah, pi$$ed me right off as well. I was going to have a word with him about it, but...he's fcking huge.

I have to admit that I emit a gufffaw with a shake of the head several times during the stream when they say 'Begovic goes long' and 9 times out of 10 the kick drops at least 10 metres short of the halfway line.
Love him or loathe him, it is what it is.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:51 - Mar 4 with 2637 viewsShotKneesHoop

And he's QPR's top earner too - on £32,000 a week - according to internet sources.

If I was Chair, Dunne, Field or Willock, I'd be pretty pissed off with this. See earnings table below.

https://www.capology.com/club/qpr/salaries/#google_vignette
[Post edited 4 Mar 7:56]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:32 - Mar 4 with 2555 viewsenfieldargh

In his defence The Dewsbury Hall free kick made a wicked swerve into him as it moved through the air at high speed, Begovic was already commited hence his parry going straight back out instead of off to the side

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:34 - Mar 4 with 2547 viewsGaryBannister86

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:32 - Mar 4 by enfieldargh

In his defence The Dewsbury Hall free kick made a wicked swerve into him as it moved through the air at high speed, Begovic was already commited hence his parry going straight back out instead of off to the side

Hi Asmir

Wicked swerve? Check out the numerous youtube videos taken from behind the goal - Roberto Carlos it wasn't.

It was also going the pace of a Kevin Brock dink.

Get back to your £32k a week and Chelsea podcast, mate.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:55 - Mar 4 with 2465 viewshoops_legend

Love how much flack keepers get in football. As someone who used to play in goal I understand the difficulties. Mistakes happen and when a keeper does one it’s huge

Personally I think he’s done ok with the odd blooper
In him. The same criticism was made of Dieng, Green etc

I want a younger keeper for next season but I think he hasn’t done a bad job for us by any stretch of
The imagination

If you were comparing to our outfield players, they have missed many opportunities or made a defensive slip up at times this season so he hasn’t been worse than others
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:56 - Mar 4 with 2462 viewsChrisNW6

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:51 - Mar 4 by ShotKneesHoop

And he's QPR's top earner too - on £32,000 a week - according to internet sources.

If I was Chair, Dunne, Field or Willock, I'd be pretty pissed off with this. See earnings table below.

That site uses an algorithm based on previously known salaries, Begovic and Cooks wages are unverified. I think both will be within the clubs wage structure closer to 18 - 20k.

I think he's been pretty solid this season and we are starting to look really good defensively. He should have done better on the free kick but I think he was wrong footed.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:57 - Mar 4 with 2461 viewsessextaxiboy

I was waiting for this OP to find someone to dig out after beating the top of the league on their own patch ..
Login to get fewer ads

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:15 - Mar 4 with 2395 viewsTheChef

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 07:51 - Mar 4 by ShotKneesHoop

Sorry but there can't be any way we're paying someone 32K a week.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:20 - Mar 4 with 2372 viewsBlue_Castello

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:55 - Mar 4 by hoops_legend

Love how much flack keepers get in football. As someone who used to play in goal I understand the difficulties. Mistakes happen and when a keeper does one it’s huge

I want a younger keeper for next season but I think he hasn’t done a bad job for us by any stretch of
The imagination

If you were comparing to our outfield players, they have missed many opportunities or made a defensive slip up at times this season so he hasn’t been worse than others

Exactly the continuing sniping at Begovic doesn't help the team cause, Ainsworth was looking for Senior pros to help rebuild the team which as we all know last season was a complete shambles.

Experienced players were definitely needed to attempt to build some team spirit, Begovic has 11 games left on his contract lets get behind him and support him, if people think he's on 32k a week they are living in cloud cuckoo land.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:27 - Mar 4 with 2334 viewsSouthAfricanRanger

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:55 - Mar 4 by hoops_legend

The imagination

Fully agree. He has made some good saves for us- but a keeper is paid to do that too. A keeper makes a mistake and it generally will get punished with more severity than an outfield player. But yes, if it becomes a norm then that is something he must work in even at his age. And reading Clive’s report now after initially posting this, the ball did not deviate. Sometimes when I read the match threads of threads posted during the game, the abuse our players with being called all sorts of names, makes me hope they will never read the posts. We are all passionate, but there may be a tendency at times to move from singing a players praises one week, to calling him a c*#$ the next week in a match thread cause of a mistake. Agree, those who couldn’t be arsed about wearing our shirt, don’t deserve any praises. Anyway, up the R’s and something special about us now- but one swallow does not make a summer. Lots of hard work ahead still. Beating Leicester at home fantastic.
[Post edited 4 Mar 9:49]

DonnieR

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:43 - Mar 4 with 2290 viewsted_hendrix

@ the OP
Have a LOUD word (or MORE) In Begovic's ear yourself after the game you'll find him coming out of the players entrance.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:52 - Mar 4 with 2240 viewsPaddyhoops

Gets a pass on this one for me. Could have done better but hasn’t proved fatal.
His experience will be vital in the next couple of months. Keep these back five fit and we will stay up . They’ve been superb the last few games.
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:15 - Mar 4 with 2135 viewsNoDiddley

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:57 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

I was waiting for this OP to find someone to dig out after beating the top of the league on their own patch ..

Makes a change from ‘Shots on target’
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:23 - Mar 4 with 2104 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:57 - Mar 4 by essextaxiboy

Glad I didn’t disappoint😁
So you either
1. Like what he keeps doing and giving the ball back to the opposition or
2. Just wait for my comments and have no opinion yourself .

I was there, I was making as much noise , two of us started the Stan-key chant at 3.10 and I’ve supported the Rs for nearly 65 years now so have seen a lot of football!

This is a forum to make comment and discuss things - you might not agree but if he gave the ball away and they scored a second would you have still have defended him!

Yes I may be an OP in your opinion and you are as entitled to voice that opinion as I am mine !

Giving the ball back to the opposition is totally against Marti’s ethos and Begovic will be gone at the end of the season👏😁👍 but ……

I’ll still be here so see you soon 🎈🎈🎈

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-plotting-summer-transfer-swoop-for-nigeria
[Post edited 4 Mar 10:25]
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:28 - Mar 4 with 2087 viewsLazyFan

1) Agree and he knows it.
2) Well this is a Marti tactic.

They play it out from the back and Cook lumps it up to Dunne who heads it on, and then we are in the final third. Hopefully, we pick up the ball and build an attack where it can hurt them most. Failing that, Asmir boots it to Dunne to get the same
effect. The idea is Dunne who is now on the Wing (as we have the ball) can beat any Winger or Fullback in the air. When the ball is accurate to him, this is what happens.

Asmir got us the 3 pts against Boro. We won that game 2-0 but really, it should have ended 2-2 as he made 2 one on one saves that day. Boro will be up for it when we face them, I worry we shall lose that one.

He's decent, but we may be able to do better next summer if we stay up. I am not sure he's on mega bucks as we just don't have it.

I still think the most crucial goal was the Knee of Paal against Hudders. Lose that and we would have sunk moral-wise. Getting that goal boosted us immensely to greater things.

zzzzzzzzzz

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:45 - Mar 4 with 2046 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:28 - Mar 4 by LazyFan

1) Agree and he knows it.
2) Well this is a Marti tactic.

They play it out from the back and Cook lumps it up to Dunne who heads it on, and then we are in the final third. Hopefully, we pick up the ball and build an attack where it can hurt them most. Failing that, Asmir boots it to Dunne to get the same
effect. The idea is Dunne who is now on the Wing (as we have the ball) can beat any Winger or Fullback in the air. When the ball is accurate to him, this is what happens.

Asmir got us the 3 pts against Boro. We won that game 2-0 but really, it should have ended 2-2 as he made 2 one on one saves that day. Boro will be up for it when we face them, I worry we shall lose that one.

He's decent, but we may be able to do better next summer if we stay up. I am not sure he's on mega bucks as we just don't have it.

I still think the most crucial goal was the Knee of Paal against Hudders. Lose that and we would have sunk moral-wise. Getting that goal boosted us immensely to greater things.

Thanks and a reasoned reply which I appreciate and understand. What I don’t get is that, if Marti’s ethos - from his arrival- is to keep possession and NOT give the ball away, why the employ this tactic which stats suggest fails 60-70% of the time!?

In simple terms then these kicks give the ball back to the opposition 2 out of 3 times which is far more than we can afford.

I now understand the mis match of height but, here’s the thing, I’m there watching the warm ups and watch his practice kicks and they are 5 - 10 m or more in from the touch line- where the ball has less chance to go straight into touch.

Why does he then kick higher and longer and we lose the ball - during the game?!

This cannot be what Marti wants him to do - and cannot be a good tactic if it doesn’t work more than it does ?!

But thanks for explaining- its more than some here are capable of 🙄🤔👍
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:29 - Mar 4 with 1957 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 10:15 - Mar 4 by NoDiddley

Makes a change from ‘Shots on target’

As you are missing that, I see this post as a request and touch of nostalgia and so as not to disappoint....

3 shots
2 on target
and a great win
was there.

...were you?
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:32 - Mar 4 with 1940 viewsBoston

I don't care what he's paid as long as he stops the ball going internet.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:34 - Mar 4 with 1942 viewsJules4367

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:43 - Mar 4 by ted_hendrix

@ the OP
Have a LOUD word (or MORE) In Begovic's ear yourself after the game you'll find him coming out of the players entrance.

Thanks for a reasoned and cohesive reply.

I'm not sure he'd understand and when he leaves the ground he always appears to be in far more of a hurry than he is during the game, when we are losing and he needs to get the ball out (to our players) faster.

But I'll give it a go and let you know!
Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:38 - Mar 4 with 1905 viewskensalriser

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:15 - Mar 4 by TheChef

Sorry but there can't be any way we're paying someone 32K a week.

It is 100% nailed on premium drivel.

Although he does appear to have had a pay cut. Last week it was 38k.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:43 - Mar 4 with 1888 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think it's time people get fined for posting nonsense like this.
He is not on 32k per week.

Bare bones.

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:45 - Mar 4 with 1873 viewsTheChef

I suppose the best you can say is that Cifuentes tolerates Begovic because he has no other options in that position.

Maybe the likes of Walsh would get a look-in if we were mid table going nowhere, but in our current predicament he's leaning on Begovic's experience.

I'd expect an upgrade sweeper-keeper type is high on the recruitment list for next season.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:47 - Mar 4 with 1860 viewskensalriser

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 09:43 - Mar 4 by ted_hendrix

@ the OP

See that right there tells you he doesn’t know which way to go. It’s in through the entrance and out through the exit.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 11:52 - Mar 4 with 1845 viewsenfieldargh

Please can someone have a LOUD word (or MORE) in Begovic's ear on 08:34 - Mar 4 by GaryBannister86

Hi Asmir

Wicked swerve? Check out the numerous youtube videos taken from behind the goal - Roberto Carlos it wasn't.

It was also going the pace of a Kevin Brock dink.

Get back to your £32k a week and Chelsea podcast, mate.

looked at it again since first time i saw it and yes i was wrong in my assesment.

Was trying to dig him out I guess, will keep my trap shut in future.

Hides head in shame

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024