Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Begovic 17:57 - Mar 9 with 61724 viewsE17hoop

I'm beginning to think maybe he isn't that great after all. Is it time for him to be dropped?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Begovic on 12:02 - Apr 21 with 2873 viewsthemodfather

great save by bergo early on, 12th min? got a strong hand to it and kept it out, if we had gone 1-0 down, nerves and pressure would have been felt by us all....a few mins later we score and it is the winner. well done bergo.
Begovic on 12:04 - Apr 21 with 2861 viewsMrSheen

It was comic how much trouble Woodman had with the low sun in the second half. It always surprises me that no-one ever wears a cap now. Is it not allowed?
Begovic on 12:15 - Apr 21 with 2795 viewssilverbirch

Begovic on 10:59 - Apr 21 by ChrisNW6

I know this will upset many on here, but if Begovic is on the reported 10k per week, my priority would be getting a striker in and potentially giving him another year.

Tin hat dothed

Half a million quid per year. Surely we can do better.
Begovic on 12:20 - Apr 21 with 2771 viewsWatford_Ranger

Begovic on 12:04 - Apr 21 by MrSheen

It was comic how much trouble Woodman had with the low sun in the second half. It always surprises me that no-one ever wears a cap now. Is it not allowed?

Gone out of fashion. I don’t think it’s been banned but I agree. Would’ve liked to have seen one of Chair’s efforts like against Ipswich especially given he was playing like a man with no fingers.
Begovic on 13:18 - Apr 21 with 2634 viewsgazza1

Begovic will be replaced in the close season.....that says it all. Posters can think and say what they want but he is not a good keeper.

Yesterday he did well, he made a crucial save, he earned his wages but good keepers are consistent and he is not consistent at all.
Begovic on 14:05 - Apr 21 with 2551 viewssuperstan

All keepers are prone to mistakes ie Preston’s yesterday and Blackburn’s today, don’t know why Begovic gets so much hate, as said before if our strikers could score there wouldn’t be any need to highlight Begovic’s errors.
Begovic on 14:22 - Apr 21 with 2505 viewsOldPedro

Begovic on 14:05 - Apr 21 by superstan

All keepers are prone to mistakes ie Preston’s yesterday and Blackburn’s today, don’t know why Begovic gets so much hate, as said before if our strikers could score there wouldn’t be any need to highlight Begovic’s errors.

It's not just the mistakes, it is his overall play. He doesn't command his box, he rarely comes out of his 6 yard box, his kicking isn't great and he is not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

We need a new keeper next season

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Begovic on 14:28 - Apr 21 with 2486 viewsNed_Kennedys

Begovic on 14:05 - Apr 21 by superstan

100% right, I think some people like to deflect the blame away from how generally awful our forwards and attacking midfielders have been all season.
Begovic hasn’t been great for sure but he has been an ever present part of a strong defence since Marti came on board.
Login to get fewer ads

Begovic on 05:10 - Apr 23 with 2287 viewscyprusmel

If he has played in all Middlesborough games, Seny Dieng has now conceded more goals than Asmir Begovic.
Begovic on 07:25 - Apr 23 with 2152 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Begovic on 14:22 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

It's not just the mistakes, it is his overall play. He doesn't command his box, he rarely comes out of his 6 yard box, his kicking isn't great and he is not comfortable with the ball at his feet.

We need a new keeper next season

Yes, it's the failure to command his box that has most surprised (and terrified) me. Was he always so flat-footed or is it an age thing?
Begovic on 07:44 - Apr 23 with 2132 viewsRed_Ranger

Begovic on 05:10 - Apr 23 by cyprusmel

If he has played in all Middlesborough games, Seny Dieng has now conceded more goals than Asmir Begovic.

he hasn't, but whatever, i'd take Seny any/everyday of the week.
Begovic on 22:08 - Apr 26 with 1813 viewsGloucs_R

Two big saves again today.

Let's not forget how many of these big saves he's made over the course of a season.

I know he has made mistakes too..... But they all even out over the course of the season in my opinion.
[Post edited 27 Apr 6:56]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Begovic on 22:09 - Apr 26 with 1788 viewsToast_R

He came good when it mattered most.

Seems a decent bloke to be honest.
Begovic on 22:12 - Apr 26 with 1759 viewsLogman

His experience to us was valuable in the last two games. He came back well after Plymouth. But we do need to replace him. We need a keeper that is better equipped for the rigours of a 46 game season if we are going to go upwards.
[Post edited 26 Apr 22:12]
Begovic on 00:38 - Apr 27 with 1549 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Begovic on 22:12 - Apr 26 by Logman

His experience to us was valuable in the last two games. He came back well after Plymouth. But we do need to replace him. We need a keeper that is better equipped for the rigours of a 46 game season if we are going to go upwards.
[Post edited 26 Apr 22:12]

How many keepers in the whole football league played every minute of every game both cup and league besides Begovic I would suggest you could count on 1 hand .
The pressure he was under must have been crushing and nowhere to hide made it even more intense so fair play to him he never crumbled only for a couple of mistakes .
Field is a class player and genuinly loves QPR it sounds like so we are lucky he resigned for a few more years
Begovic on 01:15 - Apr 27 with 1458 viewskensalriser

New three year contract.

Yes, I've had a drink.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Begovic on 01:22 - Apr 27 with 1430 viewsnix

Begovic on 00:38 - Apr 27 by CLAREMAN1995

How many keepers in the whole football league played every minute of every game both cup and league besides Begovic I would suggest you could count on 1 hand .
The pressure he was under must have been crushing and nowhere to hide made it even more intense so fair play to him he never crumbled only for a couple of mistakes .
Field is a class player and genuinly loves QPR it sounds like so we are lucky he resigned for a few more years

Taken altogether he's been pretty good, and the last couple of games he's pulled off some excellent saves.

I do think though we need someone who can distribute the ball better and is comfortable with the ball at his feet. in the longer term. Although I criticised him recently, fair play to him in the last couple of games and in a number of clutch matches this seaon.
(No subject) (n/t) on 01:25 - Apr 27 with 1427 viewsnix

Begovic on 00:38 - Apr 27 by CLAREMAN1995

Begovic on 04:52 - Apr 27 with 1251 viewsLblock

Credit where it’s due

Did say a couple of clean sheets in the last three matches would give him some redemption in my eyes so fair play

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Begovic on 07:13 - Apr 27 with 1098 viewspriceyparkrangers

Far from the worst keeper we’ve had in recent years. I think people have been overly harsh on the guy because of the Chelsea link.

We do need someone who fits the style of play better next season but he has pulled off some really vital saves this year in what has been a really hard year
Begovic on 08:05 - Apr 27 with 998 viewsgazza1

Played well again last night and how I would of expected. Well done to him.
Begovic on 11:58 - Apr 27 with 812 viewsrichpr

Begovic on 08:05 - Apr 27 by gazza1

Played well again last night and how I would of expected. Well done to him.

Said through gritted teeth!!
Begovic on 13:53 - Apr 27 with 723 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Fair play to Asmir, he finally delivered when it mattered. Possibly his best performance in a QPR shirt. Commanded his box well, claimed some difficult crosses to alleviate pressure, and made some decent stops at critical points in the match.
Begovic on 13:56 - Apr 27 with 718 viewsbaz_qpr

His best save last night was given as a goal kick!

I think all the things that have been said before are true, he cost us points, his kicking is not great, and he is less mobile than he was, but he had a big big game against Leeds and was pretty faultless, certainly his best game of the season.
Begovic on 14:46 - Apr 27 with 626 viewsAntti_Heinola

Very good performance from Begs last night, other than the bouncing ball into the box first half that he inexplicably refused to come for - that is probably his biggest failing. But that's a minor point in an otherwise very strong display. We defended superbly from front to back and sideways, but against a side like Leeds you will also need your keeper to be on it and make a save or two, and he was and did, with 2 good saves and some safe handling.
Best wishes to him whatever he does after this summer, whether it's retirement or another year or two elsewhere. I've been critical, but there's nothing wrong with his attitude on the pitch.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024