Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New England Kit 22:02 - Mar 16 with 15485 viewsGloucs_R

How can Nike get it wrong so many times...

Away kit..

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/08/nike-england-euro-2024-away-kit-predictio

Poll: Are we staying up?

New England Kit on 22:04 - Mar 16 with 6209 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

New England Kit on 22:12 - Mar 16 with 6147 viewsthame_hoops

The collar looks strange on the HomeKit, however, I love the away kit. It’s different to a Nike template. not very traditional, but makes a change.
New England Kit on 22:31 - Mar 16 with 6049 viewsToast_R

I quite like the home one to be fair.
The away one should be red and a third in light blue. Anything else is commercial nonsense..
New England Kit on 00:17 - Mar 17 with 5830 viewskensalriser

Grey with a migraine stripe. I've seen better.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New England Kit on 02:54 - Mar 17 with 5683 viewsBoston

Oh, not the Revolution then!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New England Kit on 07:04 - Mar 17 with 5520 viewsMick_S

The star should be gold or red. You do not understate winning the World Cup. Pah!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

New England Kit on 08:17 - Mar 17 with 5402 viewsTonto

Don't mind those. Netter than the current things. However the worst thing about the current things is the numbers and writing font in the back. And this doesn't show those.

Agree the star should be a contrast colour so you can actually see them.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

New England Kit on 08:21 - Mar 17 with 5391 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A bit meh!

The last one was dreadful, and looked like Nike had brought in the person who designs M&S' summer range. These seem better, not because they are, but because they are not as awful as the last set.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

New England Kit on 09:04 - Mar 17 with 5278 viewsCamberleyR

To be fair, the home shirt is probably the best Nike have produced for England but having said that, given some of the monstrosities they have churned out in the last ten years, it's a fairly low bar they've had to beat.

The less said about the grey (or dark pewter as it's probably called) with the migraine inducing side stripe, the better.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New England Kit on 09:30 - Mar 17 with 5197 viewsDesertBoot

The away top is a nice colour but the side panel looks like a LGBT flag which is maybe deliberate.

Wish I could be like David Watts

New England Kit on 10:02 - Mar 17 with 5073 viewsbosh67

Nike must be the most unimaginative kit designers on the planet. Almost every kit feels like the design department gets in at about 10.30am, has a coffee, does about 15 minutes work (yeah that'll do) and then spends the next 8 hours having a silent disco party and lots of sex.

Must find a job application form...

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

New England Kit on 11:02 - Mar 17 with 4969 viewsPlanetHonneywood

New England Kit on 09:30 - Mar 17 by DesertBoot

The away top is a nice colour but the side panel looks like a LGBT flag which is maybe deliberate.

I see why you think that, but my first thought was: ahh, now I know what happened to the bloke who made a complete bollix-up of the BA livery a few years back, he's turned up at Nike!

Not sure the colour is really away top suitable, and for me the sidebars just don't match either.
[Post edited 17 Mar 13:25]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

New England Kit on 13:45 - Mar 17 with 4762 viewsDorse

I am always astonished that any footballing / sporting organisation would want a Nike kit. They are so awful it beggars belief. Their last few England shirts have been startlingly bad - I mean, how can you bugger up a plain white shirt?

The latest home shirt is an improvement, in much the same way as if someone has been shitting in your breakfast and decides to one day switch to puking over it.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

New England Kit on 18:51 - Mar 17 with 4510 viewscheeseydane

Quite like the away shirt.
I think the collar on the home shirt is just wrong.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

New England Kit on 22:58 - Mar 17 with 4350 viewsJustJules

Nike are possibly the laziest kit maker out there. An American company with no real connection or understanding to what your 'soccer' team's kit design means to you.
They come up with a 'one size fits all' default kit design template, that everybody wearing their kits is forced to wear. Only the kit colours change and this of course saves them a lot of money in kit production costs.
Watch this collar style be used in all of their kit manufacturing over the next few years.

It's easy to see why the FA wouldn't say no to using them though, when you see the money they received following this deal,
https://www.besoccer.com/new/england-and-nike-strike-pound-400m-kit-deal#:~:text

It would be nice to see England kits being supplied by an English company like Umbro or even Admiral, as in previous years. Money talks though of course and neither of those companies could compete with the Nike offer.
New England Kit on 10:59 - Mar 18 with 4095 viewsTheChef

By Nike's standards, not too terrible.

Not sure about the away shirt but it might look better in the flesh.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

New England Kit on 11:16 - Mar 18 with 4049 viewsTheChef

New England Kit on 22:58 - Mar 17 by JustJules

Nike are possibly the laziest kit maker out there. An American company with no real connection or understanding to what your 'soccer' team's kit design means to you.
They come up with a 'one size fits all' default kit design template, that everybody wearing their kits is forced to wear. Only the kit colours change and this of course saves them a lot of money in kit production costs.
Watch this collar style be used in all of their kit manufacturing over the next few years.

It's easy to see why the FA wouldn't say no to using them though, when you see the money they received following this deal,
https://www.besoccer.com/new/england-and-nike-strike-pound-400m-kit-deal#:~:text

It would be nice to see England kits being supplied by an English company like Umbro or even Admiral, as in previous years. Money talks though of course and neither of those companies could compete with the Nike offer.

Problem is, Nike bought Umbro...

New England Kit on 11:26 - Mar 18 with 4039 viewsCamberleyR

New England Kit on 11:16 - Mar 18 by TheChef

Problem is, Nike bought Umbro...

They only owned them for five years and sold it on to another American sportswear firm, Iconix twelve years ago.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

New England Kit on 11:49 - Mar 18 with 3992 viewsBexleyHoop

Nike managed to make an excellent away kit for Inter Milan back in 2007 as it incorporated the St George's flag design on the shirt. Would be ideal for England and I am sure it would be a huge seller if the FA went down that route, but I am also equally sure it would be deemed to patriotic / offensive to some.

Unfortunately, despite a number of attempts my IT skills have failed me and I have been unable to post a picture of it here, but go search for yourself, I really like it.
New England Kit on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 3987 viewsBexleyHoop

https://premierretros.co.uk/product/inter-milan-nike-away-shirt-07-08
New England Kit on 11:55 - Mar 18 with 3972 viewsTheChef

New England Kit on 11:52 - Mar 18 by BexleyHoop

https://premierretros.co.uk/product/inter-milan-nike-away-shirt-07-08

And you can buy those direct from DHgate for half the price, and cut out the middle man.

New England Kit on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 3909 viewsRs_Holy

Nike can actually do a pretty job if they just keep it simple ... Ladies kits form the last World Cup were great.

New England Kit on 13:44 - Mar 18 with 3760 viewsthame_hoops

Nike have done some pretty cool kit designs for the new Norway, Brazil and Netherlands tops
New England Kit on 21:48 - Mar 18 with 3566 viewsDannyPaddox

Controversy over the Rishi Sunak favoured Rwandan inspired 3rd kit.
New England Kit on 14:27 - Mar 19 with 3373 viewsthemodfather

For me kit manufacturers do what they want , the big issue is the cost of the kits , pricing many kids out , child kits should be affordable and not an Elite item , football is the people’s game or was and the divide grows .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024