Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New England Kit 22:02 - Mar 16 with 15448 viewsGloucs_R

How can Nike get it wrong so many times...

Away kit..

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/08/nike-england-euro-2024-away-kit-predictio

Poll: Are we staying up?

New England Kit on 14:25 - Mar 22 with 1774 viewsdaveB

New England Kit on 12:56 - Mar 22 by joe90

But it is up to Nike and the FA to re design the England kit as they see fit. Whether it should be is another question.

The majority of England shirts are terrible. It's the exception that we produce a good design. Also, historically the flag has not featured or been an integral part of the kit design.
[Post edited 22 Mar 12:58]

Of course it's up to Nike and the FA to design an England kit, stick what you want on it as far as I'm concerned. If they want to have a lion on it or a picture of Kate Middleton crack on. if they want to put an English flag on it they can or they could choose not to, I personally don't care either way

I just think if they put an English flag on it and decide to change the colours for a bit of a laugh it's not the best idea they've come up with and the deserve all the stick they are getting for it.

Why don't they change their own logo on it as well, put a cross instead of a tick or change the tick colour from black to orange with a hint of salmon to express a feeling of unity?

Or re design the USA kit, change the stars to pink on a green background and instead of red and white stripes incorporate all the colours to show how unified America is.
We could change the German one to white and Green or stick pictures of Lorraine Kelly and Rod Stewart in the Cross of the flag of Scotland.

Of course these would be a completely stupid things to do which is why it is baffling why they have chosen to redesign the English one
New England Kit on 14:40 - Mar 22 with 1715 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 14:22 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

Well, to discover whether we should or shouldn't, it'd be good to first understand the reasons why other countries wouldn't - Since we've lost so much confidence in ourselves that we daren't assert this kind of thing on our own behalf. Do those reasons apply to us? Well, we're nothing special, just another fckin Nation state at the end of the day, so why shouldn't they?

If the FA decided we're wearing Royal blue from now on, to pay homage to our Royal family - I would be fine with that btw - Would you accept that? Would the links to the Royalty not put you off?

I'll finish by just saying - And I know I'm in a tiny minority - I actually think England should compete as GB in football. I get why Rugby needs separate England and Wales teams, football don't. The Union Jack can be played with and remixed as much as they like - That's the whole purpose of that flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 14:23]

I've actually thought for a while that England and Scotland should merge their League Cup competitions together. I'd fancy an away day at Hibs or Dundee (although knowing our luck we'd still end up at Leyton Orient instead).

I think the Challenge Cup in Scotland now includes some Welsh and Northern Irish teams, possibly Conference ones too?
New England Kit on 14:50 - Mar 22 with 1670 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 14:40 - Mar 22 by slmrstid

I've actually thought for a while that England and Scotland should merge their League Cup competitions together. I'd fancy an away day at Hibs or Dundee (although knowing our luck we'd still end up at Leyton Orient instead).

I think the Challenge Cup in Scotland now includes some Welsh and Northern Irish teams, possibly Conference ones too?

Yeah it would be cool, but I doubt the ideologues running the Scottish & Welsh, and even less the Irish FA would ever support it. Didn't they threaten to pull the plug on the Men's 2012 team over some pathetic non-issue? We'll never win these people around so not really much point trying - Same goes for the England flag and the Woke types who hate English identity. You'll never get them to like you, so stop pandering to them.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

New England Kit on 15:29 - Mar 22 with 1596 viewsjoe90

New England Kit on 14:22 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

Well, to discover whether we should or shouldn't, it'd be good to first understand the reasons why other countries wouldn't - Since we've lost so much confidence in ourselves that we daren't assert this kind of thing on our own behalf. Do those reasons apply to us? Well, we're nothing special, just another fckin Nation state at the end of the day, so why shouldn't they?

If the FA decided we're wearing Royal blue from now on, to pay homage to our Royal family - I would be fine with that btw - Would you accept that? Would the links to the Royalty not put you off?

I'll finish by just saying - And I know I'm in a tiny minority - I actually think England should compete as GB in football. I get why Rugby needs separate England and Wales teams, football don't. The Union Jack can be played with and remixed as much as they like - That's the whole purpose of that flag.
[Post edited 22 Mar 14:23]

The Royal Blue is a great idea and I would accept it because I think it has far more potential for an interesting kit. Links to the Royal Family would not put me off.

On your point about a GB football team, it's worth noting that players don't represent their country, they represent their national football association. So we're at the mercy of the FA!
New England Kit on 15:41 - Mar 22 with 1561 viewsPaddyhoops

New England Kit on 14:50 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

Yeah it would be cool, but I doubt the ideologues running the Scottish & Welsh, and even less the Irish FA would ever support it. Didn't they threaten to pull the plug on the Men's 2012 team over some pathetic non-issue? We'll never win these people around so not really much point trying - Same goes for the England flag and the Woke types who hate English identity. You'll never get them to like you, so stop pandering to them.

I love the English . So much so I married one.
She is half German mind so best of both worlds.
New England Kit on 15:54 - Mar 22 with 1499 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 15:29 - Mar 22 by joe90

The Royal Blue is a great idea and I would accept it because I think it has far more potential for an interesting kit. Links to the Royal Family would not put me off.

On your point about a GB football team, it's worth noting that players don't represent their country, they represent their national football association. So we're at the mercy of the FA!

See for me - England in Blue - Are we tryna be Scotland? - And having the England national team kit dedicated to the Monarchy would be divisive, certainly while the monarchy still technically rules over us, even I can see that.

GB in Blue - Makes sense. Rule, Britannia!

New England Kit on 16:20 - Mar 22 with 1442 viewsHayesender

The fact of the matter is they wouldn't dare tamper with the Saudi flag, or the Palestine flag, or the Chinese flag, or the Irish or French flags. Why is it only our flag that is fare game for the woke brigade?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New England Kit on 16:21 - Mar 22 with 1425 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 15:41 - Mar 22 by Paddyhoops

I love the English . So much so I married one.
She is half German mind so best of both worlds.

My Mrs is a British born Jamaican, who I believe to be English, but she disagrees. My reasoning is that she was born in England, so based on my own understanding of how this works, she's English. Her point of view is she's a British Jamaican, ie a native Jamaican person who was born in Britain and has a British Passport, but Jamaican parents and DNA. Not English, as she sees that as more of an indigenous label. Which of us is wrong?

Login to get fewer ads

New England Kit on 16:31 - Mar 22 with 1413 viewsjoe90

New England Kit on 15:54 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

See for me - England in Blue - Are we tryna be Scotland? - And having the England national team kit dedicated to the Monarchy would be divisive, certainly while the monarchy still technically rules over us, even I can see that.

GB in Blue - Makes sense. Rule, Britannia!

Of course it would be divisive, but it least we could get it made by Adidas for a proper nod at our/their heritage : )
New England Kit on 16:34 - Mar 22 with 1384 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 16:31 - Mar 22 by joe90

Of course it would be divisive, but it least we could get it made by Adidas for a proper nod at our/their heritage : )

Hugo Boss, surely? Standards, Joe, Standards.

New England Kit on 16:38 - Mar 22 with 1387 viewsHayesender

New England Kit on 16:21 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

My Mrs is a British born Jamaican, who I believe to be English, but she disagrees. My reasoning is that she was born in England, so based on my own understanding of how this works, she's English. Her point of view is she's a British Jamaican, ie a native Jamaican person who was born in Britain and has a British Passport, but Jamaican parents and DNA. Not English, as she sees that as more of an indigenous label. Which of us is wrong?

None of yous are wrong. If you're born here and feel English, then you're English. My mum was Irish, dad English, and I've always felt English. I.e I've always supported England etc.

I know people who's only link to Ireland is their grandparents, but they class themselves as Irish. I find that a bit strange, but each to their own.

But what you feel is no excuse for trying to change a thousand years of history. Whether you like it or not, that is NOT the flag of England. Some might argue it should be the white dragon of St Edmund, but certainly not this multi coloured nonsense

Poll: Shamima Beghum

New England Kit on 16:40 - Mar 22 with 1389 viewsloftupper

I would lean more to the individual being able to define how they are identified. So in your case if your wife wishes to identify as British Jamaican then that is all there is to it. That is just my opinion though, put the power in the individual to identify how they are most comfortable. But that seems to trigger the anti-woke brigade.

Seems a lot of fuss over the colour of a flag hidden at the back of a collar. Maybe the knockoffs should correct it, shirts would be cheaper and the flag the right colour. Everyone wins!
New England Kit on 16:59 - Mar 22 with 1336 viewsJuzzie

My missus is a Kyrgyzstan born Russian. Born, raised, lived in Kyrgyzstan. Been to Russia once, maybe twice, (gymnastics tournament) in her life. Does not identify with being Kyrgyz.

Whatever we think, we have to respect what they think.
New England Kit on 17:13 - Mar 22 with 1275 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 16:40 - Mar 22 by loftupper

I would lean more to the individual being able to define how they are identified. So in your case if your wife wishes to identify as British Jamaican then that is all there is to it. That is just my opinion though, put the power in the individual to identify how they are most comfortable. But that seems to trigger the anti-woke brigade.

Seems a lot of fuss over the colour of a flag hidden at the back of a collar. Maybe the knockoffs should correct it, shirts would be cheaper and the flag the right colour. Everyone wins!

Yeah, I too would be on the side of the individual making that call for themselves, generally.

But that only really works in highly diverse countries where these things have no real bearing on anything. If I start walking around Jamaica claiming I'm as Jamaican as anyone else because of reason X, Y, Z......I would correctly be told....No, you are English.

New England Kit on 17:19 - Mar 22 with 1267 viewsSheffieldHoop

New England Kit on 16:59 - Mar 22 by Juzzie

My missus is a Kyrgyzstan born Russian. Born, raised, lived in Kyrgyzstan. Been to Russia once, maybe twice, (gymnastics tournament) in her life. Does not identify with being Kyrgyz.

Whatever we think, we have to respect what they think.

It just fascinates me that she (And most other Brits from immigrant backgrounds if you speak to them on a level) seems to have more respect for English identity than even I or most other English people do. Why is that? How does that happen? Why are we so bloody consistently demoralised?

The beatings will continue until Morale improves

New England Kit on 18:05 - Mar 22 with 1180 viewspaulparker

New England Kit on 16:20 - Mar 22 by Hayesender

The fact of the matter is they wouldn't dare tamper with the Saudi flag, or the Palestine flag, or the Chinese flag, or the Irish or French flags. Why is it only our flag that is fare game for the woke brigade?

100 % this , your representing England as a country To many political statements with football these days , I’m surprised anyone would buy a Nike kit anyway as they are gash, bring back Umbro

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

New England Kit on 14:06 - Mar 23 with 901 viewsStJude82

They wouldn't try this crap with anyone else's national flag and there are few, if any as ancient.
New England Kit on 14:23 - Mar 23 with 878 viewsslmrstid

New England Kit on 14:06 - Mar 23 by StJude82

They wouldn't try this crap with anyone else's national flag and there are few, if any as ancient.

We did (potentially) nick it off the Genoese though.
New England Kit on 14:53 - Mar 23 with 846 viewsDiscodroids

Utimate England kit for me was the Admiral 1982 Bulldog bobby worn By Cyrille Regis like a swaggering Harold Shand among the embryonic genesis of Canary Wharf.

A sunk-to-the-nuts English blood football shirt. Ambrosial.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

New England Kit on 15:03 - Mar 23 with 826 viewsloftboy

My Mrs has a German mum and her Dad was Indian, she was born in Watford , has a German passport as well as her British one and love her Indian heritage.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New England Kit on 15:18 - Mar 23 with 810 viewsperpignanR

New England Kit on 15:03 - Mar 23 by loftboy

My Mrs has a German mum and her Dad was Indian, she was born in Watford , has a German passport as well as her British one and love her Indian heritage.

Nike, Umbro….Bah!!!!
Not a patch on the 1951 Bukta England kit. Heavy cotton long sleeved with collar. Weighed half a hundredweight when it got wet.
New England Kit on 15:26 - Mar 23 with 799 viewsStanisgod

New England Kit on 09:27 - Mar 22 by Paddyhoops

Listening to Nicky Campbell on 5 live . It’s got the nation talking .
I’m bemused .
My cat litter has gone up from 6 quid to 7.50 in the less than a week .
Never hear any phone ins on that.😉

My C to C , guess what the C stands for, have just put my fare up from Pitsea to Shepherd Bush on a weekend from 12 quid odd to 17.60 and that's with a network card.
Still trying to find out why from their complaints depth as this is definitely not 4.9 PC.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

New England Kit on 15:30 - Mar 23 with 796 viewskensalriser

Countries are kind of bullshit anyway. Mostly arbitrary.

I do still support England and always will but I really couldn't care less about an oddly coloured cross on the back of the shirt collar. What a thing to lather yourself up about. Come to think of it, as an atheist I'd be fine with dumping the cross altogether and having a new flag, it doesn't mean anything to me. Foreign religion, foreign saint.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

New England Kit on 16:54 - Mar 23 with 728 viewsizlingtonhoop

New England Kit on 16:34 - Mar 22 by SheffieldHoop

Hugo Boss, surely? Standards, Joe, Standards.

Boss joined the Nazi Party in 1931, two years before Adolf Hitler came to power.[4] By the third quarter of 1932, the all-black SS uniform (to replace the SA brown shirts) was designed by SS-Oberführer Prof. Karl Diebitsch, and graphic designer Walter Heck, who had no affiliation with the company.[5][6] The Hugo Boss company produced these black uniforms along with the brown SA shirts and the black-and-brown uniforms of the Hitler Youth.

There we are.

This thread has been Godwinised..
New England Kit on 17:19 - Mar 23 with 691 viewsSpaceman_P

Kits in general are shite compared to what they used to be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024