Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers 17:23 - Mar 29 with 18710 viewsDylanP

Great performance today, for a really important win. But it is no surprise that our two goals came from defenders. I cannot remember a single shot from Frey or Armstrong and while both were influential, ultimately they are there to score goals. Both Willock and Chair had really good opportunities that they slashed at and skied it miles over the bar from close range. Again both had their moments, but in the end, balls in the back of the net speak loudest. We often talk about the elusive 20-goals-a-season striker but we aren't even close to having a 10-goals-a-season striker. Our top goalscorer this season is Chair with 5. That is pathetic.

This is the team that is going to keep us up and Marti is the man, but in the off-season job number 1 has to be to get a striker who can score goals.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:37 - Apr 5 with 2766 viewsdaveB

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 14:15 - Apr 4 by ParkRoyalR

After that glut of conceding goals from corners & set-pieces, Dykes was 1 of the 3 tasked with defending the 6 yard line for corners etc and did very well, made a number of key defensive headers, one particularly late in a home game, which fixed that achilles we had for too many games.

Think it was around this time one of the players (maybe Smyth) said he was the best headerer at the club and I think it was Brian who posted after a 'he never wins any headers' posters comment after Bristol game to show he'd won the most on the pitch.

Agree he has'nt looked liked scoring since playing well at Leicester & Bristol City and thats probably over 500 minutes of football now which is not what we need when only playing 1 up top.

He's a centre forward though, is he really in the team to help defend corners

he's been here 4 seasons now and just hasn't improved as a player, he's got worse if anything
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:50 - Apr 5 with 2707 viewsrbee

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:37 - Apr 5 by daveB

He's a centre forward though, is he really in the team to help defend corners

he's been here 4 seasons now and just hasn't improved as a player, he's got worse if anything

You can't complain about Dykes lack of effort, defending from the front, defending at corners etc but as Dave says he wears the number 9 shirt and at some point you both want and need your centre forward to be scoring goals just as Chris Martin did when he arrived at the club.

Dykes was at his best when he had Charlie alongside him coaching and cajoling him along. Maybe Lyndon is a better player in a front two but few clubs play like that these days. I really look forward to the time when Lyndon is no longer a subject of conversation.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:56 - Apr 5 with 2659 viewsdaveB

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:50 - Apr 5 by rbee

You can't complain about Dykes lack of effort, defending from the front, defending at corners etc but as Dave says he wears the number 9 shirt and at some point you both want and need your centre forward to be scoring goals just as Chris Martin did when he arrived at the club.

Dykes was at his best when he had Charlie alongside him coaching and cajoling him along. Maybe Lyndon is a better player in a front two but few clubs play like that these days. I really look forward to the time when Lyndon is no longer a subject of conversation.

That spell with Austin was also in games with no crowd and a lot less pressure on him, he started the following season absolutely flying and looked like we had a player on our hands but the regression since then has been quite sad to watch. It also says a lot about us as a club that despite how poor he has been there is still a strong case for him to start as the other 2 haven't really grabbed the opportunity yet when it has come for them.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:51 - Apr 6 with 2470 viewsPunteR

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:07 - Apr 3 by PunteR

Ive changed my mind.
I think Armstrong should stay here and not go on loan next season.

With Cifuentes coaching and management he could make the improvements needed right here.

Ive changed my mind again.
Needs a loan spell and get out the the rat race of the championship.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 18:24 - Apr 7 with 2338 viewsnix

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:51 - Apr 6 by PunteR

Ive changed my mind again.
Needs a loan spell and get out the the rat race of the championship.

His contract is supposedly over at the end of the season, presumably with a one-year extension. Mad to send him out on loan and pay most of his wages just to play for someone else, unless he signs a contract extension.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:16 - Apr 12 with 2151 viewsNov77

👀

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers (n/t) on 13:34 - Apr 13 with 1963 viewsNov77

[Post edited 13 Apr 13:35]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 14:28 - Apr 13 with 1921 viewsBurnleyhoop

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 23:45 - Apr 2 by Phil_i_P_Daddy

You surely mean ‘when HAS Dykes put a shift in’?!
He’s been utter toilet from the moment we signed him!

However, it’s not his fault he keeps getting picked.

Dykes is pony, defending his contribution, or lack thereof, is delusional.

Seny Dieng has scored as many away goals as Dykes across the last two seasons. How much evidence is needed?
Login to get fewer ads

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 14:40 - Apr 13 with 1898 viewsNed_Kennedys

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 14:28 - Apr 13 by Burnleyhoop

Dykes is pony, defending his contribution, or lack thereof, is delusional.

Seny Dieng has scored as many away goals as Dykes across the last two seasons. How much evidence is needed?

Well sadly he’s better than Armstrong and Frey and needs to start every game for the rest of the season.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 16:01 - Apr 13 with 1850 viewsDylanP

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 14:40 - Apr 13 by Ned_Kennedys

Well sadly he’s better than Armstrong and Frey and needs to start every game for the rest of the season.

That is madness. Dykes is a waste of a shirt and actually makes the team worse. Armstrong is frustrating but at least he provides a target, gets involved, wins battles up front, and makes himself relevant. When was the last time Dykes made a front post cut? was at the back post for a low crossfield ball? had a shot on target? was on the end of a cross? held the ball up? did anything?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 1742 viewsLazyFan

That was the worst game Dykes played ever for us. He could not even pass 5 yards to Smyth and got on the end of nothing.

He is gone under Marti that's for sure. I doubt he will be here next season.

zzzzzzzzzz

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 20:28 - Apr 13 with 1631 viewsWatford_Ranger

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 19:59 - Apr 13 by LazyFan

That was the worst game Dykes played ever for us. He could not even pass 5 yards to Smyth and got on the end of nothing.

Good cross, bad cross, near post, back post, middle of the goal he has an amazing knack of never being where the ball is.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 20:54 - Apr 13 with 1562 viewsRangersw12

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 21:14 - Apr 13 with 1529 viewsLowerloftLad

Eight games have now passed since any of the strikers scored a goal.

It's nothing short of pathetic.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 07:37 - Apr 14 with 1414 viewsSK_hoops

First season we had him he got 12 goals and 5 assists! What has happened to him?
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:21 - Apr 14 with 1336 viewsHunterhoop

The way he is playing at the moment, he is the worst of the 3 comfortably. I have no doubts defenders would prefer to play against him over the other two.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:26 - Apr 14 with 1311 viewsgazza1

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:21 - Apr 14 by Hunterhoop

The way he is playing at the moment, he is the worst of the 3 comfortably. I have no doubts defenders would prefer to play against him over the other two.

100%
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:58 - Apr 14 with 1283 viewsBklynRanger

I thought yesterday Marti could have brought Colback on earlier for Dykes and played Willock through the middle. In hindsight Colback may not have been ready to play an hour, but I'd still rather try a version of that if Dykes continues to be that off form. His link up play is one of the few things he has going for him but yesterday he was doing a good job for the opposition as far as stopping our own attacks.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 10:47 - Apr 14 with 1148 viewsNortholt_Rs

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 19:59 - Apr 13 by LazyFan

He’s on a great contract with us. Who will buy him and pay the wages he is getting now?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 10:59 - Apr 14 with 1115 viewsdaveB

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 08:21 - Apr 14 by Hunterhoop

He was awful again yesterday, just offers nothing
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 11:59 - Apr 14 with 1021 viewsNed_Kennedys

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 10:59 - Apr 14 by daveB

He was awful again yesterday, just offers nothing

If we play Armstrong from the start next Saturday I can see a repeat of the Sheff Wednesday game where everyone just lumps it forward to him and he is bullied out the game by strong defenders.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 12:39 - Apr 14 with 964 viewsdaveB

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 11:59 - Apr 14 by Ned_Kennedys

If we play Armstrong from the start next Saturday I can see a repeat of the Sheff Wednesday game where everyone just lumps it forward to him and he is bullied out the game by strong defenders.

Maybe and don't think we have an ideal option for next week, all 3 have been crap in recent weeks.

Dykes for me has an incredible ability to be at the wrong place for every delivery into the box, he either goes near post when it goes far, behind the defender if he should be in front, for all the complaints about service to him when a good ball does come in he is never in the right place. You'd think he would get on the end of a few by accident but just never does

Even the follow up for the Smyth chance he ends up wrong side of the keeper so is blocked off.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 12:58 - Apr 14 with 921 viewsWestonsuperR

Who plays up front is causing so much argument and discussion because none of them are anywhere near good enough. Loads of terrible stats flying around on Dykes but Armstrong has scored 3 league goals in around 60 appearances and Frey looks so slow and immobile it’s almost a joke having him on the pitch. Chance to add to options before the season which wasn’t taken and again last transfer window, this failure may well relegate us.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 13:10 - Apr 14 with 899 viewsSK_hoops

We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 12:58 - Apr 14 by WestonsuperR

Who plays up front is causing so much argument and discussion because none of them are anywhere near good enough. Loads of terrible stats flying around on Dykes but Armstrong has scored 3 league goals in around 60 appearances and Frey looks so slow and immobile it’s almost a joke having him on the pitch. Chance to add to options before the season which wasn’t taken and again last transfer window, this failure may well relegate us.

I wonder if there's a striker in any of the four leagues with worse stats than 3 goals in around 60 appearances? It makes acting like he's scored in the world cup final after each goal a bit cringe.
We Just Dont Get Enough From Our Strikers on 20:37 - Apr 15 with 631 viewsSonofpugwash

Lyndon Dykes in the bathroom

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GLJnb_UXEAAwsZb?format=jpg&name=large

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024