Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R 18:54 - Apr 4 with 4462 viewsE15Hoop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13271253/Man-United-Rio-Ferdi

Not a pleasant read, but does add in some interesting detail on exactly how dysfunctional things were behind the scenes at the time.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:27 - Apr 4 with 3689 viewsNorthernr

One might have thought with his experience and standing in the game he might have been exactly the sort of person who was brought here to lead a change in that culture? Or at least have a go, for the extortionate amount of money he was on. Apparently not.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:41 - Apr 4 with 3602 viewsGaryBannister86

I think Ferdinand has to get some sort of leeway because of his late wife, but isn't it amazing that almost everyone in that dressing room has come out to say how everyone else was obsessed with money and nothing else? Yet they never seem to include themselves in that.....
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:43 - Apr 4 with 3581 viewspaulparker

Absolute vvanker
Was total dog Sh1t here and was one of the many kunts at that stage who had checked out and took the money , fcuk him

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:46 - Apr 4 with 3580 viewsPunteR

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:27 - Apr 4 by Northernr

One might have thought with his experience and standing in the game he might have been exactly the sort of person who was brought here to lead a change in that culture? Or at least have a go, for the extortionate amount of money he was on. Apparently not.

He probably realised there was no chance him changing anything. Just a last payday. What a mess that squad was.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:48 - Apr 4 with 3574 viewsLanhoop

Doesn't mention him allegedly shagging the bird from TOWIE while his wife was in hospital. Maybe that's why he wasn't fit or trying to fix things? He's not one of the good guys by any measure.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:51 - Apr 4 with 3554 viewsted_hendrix

*Memory alert*
Might be wrong but I thought his first game for us was at home to Hull, In the first half I have to admit I thought he was superb.
In the second half he got caught out and lost his Man who duly scored from a corner or free kick. We lost 1-0 and as far as I'm concerned from that moment on he was a very expensive failure.
Those days are a blight on our history and my love for this club.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 19:52 - Apr 4 with 3554 viewslassel

Far too busy hanging out the back of his mistress while his wife was dying.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 20:43 - Apr 4 with 3318 viewsnix

Frankly I wish he and Joey Barton would shut up about us. We all know they were a rabble of mercenaries. It's just rubbing it in.

Makes me feel warm thinking of Eze, Steve Cook and Sam Field working their nuts off for the team. Wouldn't swap the Championship with them for the Premiership with the toss*rs we had then.
Login to get fewer ads

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 20:52 - Apr 4 with 3274 viewsSpaceman_P

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 20:43 - Apr 4 by nix

Frankly I wish he and Joey Barton would shut up about us. We all know they were a rabble of mercenaries. It's just rubbing it in.

Makes me feel warm thinking of Eze, Steve Cook and Sam Field working their nuts off for the team. Wouldn't swap the Championship with them for the Premiership with the toss*rs we had then.

yeah that squad was a bunch of tw-ats
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 20:57 - Apr 4 with 3259 viewsdaveB

exactly this, the whole point of him coming in was to help sort the dressing room out ads the manager was old school who always expected his senior pros to run the dressing room. He just sat back and did nothing
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:16 - Apr 4 with 3121 viewsTK1

I watched the podcast. He didn't bring it up, Neville asked him about it and Rio was saying he realised he was physically washed up, he should've either retired or gone abroad after Man U. He moved to London to be nearer his wife's family. He just couldn't believe what he'd found at QPR. Who can blame him? That's arguably the most dysfunctional club in Prem history. We're still paying for it. Neville said in the previous episode it's the least professional team he's seen at that level.

That team and club was beyond one player fixing it, beyond five players fixing it, ten. Remember the official site made a special video of Rio's first drive to training, it was like we'd signed Prince Charles. It was embarrassing, humiliating. Gerry Francis captained England playing for QPR.

It wasn't on Rio Ferdinand to come and cure a dressing room and culture that sick and revolting. It was on Tony Fernandes, Phil Beard and Harry Redkanpp: three genuine clowns who were in it for themselves as much any of the players in the dressing room they'd hired on those ludicrous wages. RF said that when Redknapp signed him he told him to train when he fancied it. I mean...

And then Redknapp bailed when he'd really fcked it all up for good, with our dynamic leaders leaving the mess for Les Ferdinand to clear up, which he mostly did and then ten years later we stuck up pictures of Les as a clown and sang songs about him fcking off.

We can pick scapegoats from a flammed together Daily Mail piece. Or we can remember history as actually happened in front of us.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:16 - Apr 4 with 3120 viewsDorse

Spot on. That lot made me extremely uncomfortable at the time and, frankly, ashamed to be even tangentially associated with them now. Good riddance to them all.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:35 - Apr 4 with 3019 viewslightwaterhoop

Don't care much for Rio to be honest but he also played for us as a schoolboy in the same team as Kevin Gallen and Marc Bircham.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:37 - Apr 4 with 2988 viewsGaryBannister86

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:16 - Apr 4 by TK1

I watched the podcast. He didn't bring it up, Neville asked him about it and Rio was saying he realised he was physically washed up, he should've either retired or gone abroad after Man U. He moved to London to be nearer his wife's family. He just couldn't believe what he'd found at QPR. Who can blame him? That's arguably the most dysfunctional club in Prem history. We're still paying for it. Neville said in the previous episode it's the least professional team he's seen at that level.

That team and club was beyond one player fixing it, beyond five players fixing it, ten. Remember the official site made a special video of Rio's first drive to training, it was like we'd signed Prince Charles. It was embarrassing, humiliating. Gerry Francis captained England playing for QPR.

It wasn't on Rio Ferdinand to come and cure a dressing room and culture that sick and revolting. It was on Tony Fernandes, Phil Beard and Harry Redkanpp: three genuine clowns who were in it for themselves as much any of the players in the dressing room they'd hired on those ludicrous wages. RF said that when Redknapp signed him he told him to train when he fancied it. I mean...

And then Redknapp bailed when he'd really fcked it all up for good, with our dynamic leaders leaving the mess for Les Ferdinand to clear up, which he mostly did and then ten years later we stuck up pictures of Les as a clown and sang songs about him fcking off.

We can pick scapegoats from a flammed together Daily Mail piece. Or we can remember history as actually happened in front of us.

Brilliant post, agree with every single word.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 21:52 - Apr 4 with 2906 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rio Ferdinand played for us. Can't say I really noticed if I'm honest.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 09:38 - Apr 5 with 2364 viewsqprninja

The Mercenary period. Hideous.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 11:30 - Apr 5 with 2156 viewsPaddyhoops

Much sympathy to Ferdinand . Can’t have been easy but he was just another employee who sucked the life out of the club along with much bigger culprits / mercenaries who were receiving huge salaries.
Can’t blame them to a certain degree but something verging on the odd decent performance wouldn’t have gone amiss.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 13:28 - Apr 5 with 1923 viewsrbee

I watched the Podcast as well and my take was that Rio was talking about when he first arrived at the club. Sure as a senior pro you would expect him to have a positive impact around the club but not on his first day on even first week, he was still the new boy.

Given the poor state of his body and personal life the 11 appearances Rio made for the club fade in to insignificance.

As for Neville I remember him totally slating us after a defeat at West Ham live on Sky, hammering the team for lack of effort and unprofessionalism. Any other manager would have been sacked the following day but good Uncle Tone hung on to 'Arry even though Pulis was available. For me that was one of several Sliding Door moments at the club during that crazy time.

[Post edited 5 Apr 13:32]
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 13:58 - Apr 5 with 1829 viewsdaveB

I'd blame Redknapp more than Ferdinand for him firstly coming here and for it not working. Signed him to play in a back 3 even sold the right back Danny Simpson as he couldn't play wing back then abandoned that after Spurs hammered us and spent next 3 months saying I don't have a right back with Ferdinand at centre half alongside an equally old and knackered Richard Dunne.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 14:03 - Apr 5 with 1790 viewssparkey

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 13:28 - Apr 5 by rbee

I watched the Podcast as well and my take was that Rio was talking about when he first arrived at the club. Sure as a senior pro you would expect him to have a positive impact around the club but not on his first day on even first week, he was still the new boy.

Given the poor state of his body and personal life the 11 appearances Rio made for the club fade in to insignificance.

As for Neville I remember him totally slating us after a defeat at West Ham live on Sky, hammering the team for lack of effort and unprofessionalism. Any other manager would have been sacked the following day but good Uncle Tone hung on to 'Arry even though Pulis was available. For me that was one of several Sliding Door moments at the club during that crazy time.

[Post edited 5 Apr 13:32]

Sorry what time in the pod does he talk about his time at Rangers?

i would usually go through it myself but I find him to be a bit of a prat so dont fancy that.
[Post edited 5 Apr 14:05]
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 14:13 - Apr 5 with 1725 viewsrbee

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 13:58 - Apr 5 by daveB

I'd blame Redknapp more than Ferdinand for him firstly coming here and for it not working. Signed him to play in a back 3 even sold the right back Danny Simpson as he couldn't play wing back then abandoned that after Spurs hammered us and spent next 3 months saying I don't have a right back with Ferdinand at centre half alongside an equally old and knackered Richard Dunne.

It is highly possible that Rio was a Fernandes signing along with Park, Cesar etc
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 15:11 - Apr 5 with 1604 viewsTheChef

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 14:13 - Apr 5 by rbee

It is highly possible that Rio was a Fernandes signing along with Park, Cesar etc

You had the worst case scenario of Redknapp signing whoever he wanted, with Beard providing a blank chequebook.

Still not recovered financially from that shitshambles.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 15:22 - Apr 5 with 1566 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yeah, we got "merk'd".
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 16:16 - Apr 5 with 1452 viewssprocket

Not a fan if Ferdinand, seems bit meh to me. As I remember it his wife at the time was ill so he get some leeway but still he must have been earning some serious money plus he was brought in for a reason and he failed, miserably.
Rio Ferdinand on His Time As an R on 16:28 - Apr 5 with 1411 viewshubble

That's fair enough, Nix, but I'm a bit confused, because this thread is about Rio Ferdinand going on about us, not Joey Barton.

Either way, that is a period in our history I really don't want to be reminded of, whether it's Rio or Joey or anyone else!

Agree with you 100% about Cook and Field. Not sure Eze ever 'worked his nuts off' for us, but boy, he was a beautiful player to watch.

[Post edited 5 Apr 17:21]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024