Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Already safe? 18:05 - Apr 6 with 1836 viewsmart_Goblin

Read an awful lot of cr*p this week by people claiming we are safe and when people said “well not quite”, they got dogs abuse .
Well, welcome back to reality . I stayed quiet in the week because if I’ve learnt one thing in my 49 years watching this poxy club, is that it’s never over until it’s over.

The players played today like they thought we were safe too. We may have won over Easter but we didn’t play well. Coming into a poor run at the wrong time ?

Lose Tuesday and we are right in the sh*t again with 4 very tough games to go .
Pressure back on mainly because of attitude and desire .
Already safe? on 18:10 - Apr 6 with 1768 views222gers

Oh, it's not that bad.
It's a great deal worse. They should hang their heads in shame at such an abject display. Every last one of them.
Already safe? on 18:13 - Apr 6 with 1727 viewsDamo1962

The table doesn't lie ...we've been poor most of the season( especially at home).Not helped by having GA in charge early doors. Even when we do manage to get a decent result, it is always by the skin of our teeth. I like you will not feel we are safe until the season finishes. Play like today for the remaining games...and it could still get messy. We still lack the kind of players who will go the extra yard when asked.
Already safe? on 18:24 - Apr 6 with 1684 viewsted_hendrix

A team currently six places below us have just done us 4-2 on aggregate, that tells me all I need to know.
On the way home from the Birmingham game whilst sat In the car I couldn't help but think we got away with one there.
After the Swansea game I thought we'd be safe come what may. we all know our failings they're there for everyone to see.
At 2 .30pm today I still thought we'd be safe and that's giving every respect to SW.
Now I'm not too sure, If I'm certain about one thing I really need this season to come to an end.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Already safe? on 18:31 - Apr 6 with 1636 viewslassel

I mean obviously we aren’t safe yet, but taking a look at the fixtures Wednesday, Brum and Huddersfield have left I think one more win and we will be safe, especially so if it’s on Tuesday.
Already safe? on 18:32 - Apr 6 with 1631 viewsTrom

That's absolute bollox - that people were claiming we were safe. I think most of us felt we'd done very well over Easter and put ourselves in a good position but were far from safe. I don't remember 1 post that thought we'd steamroller Wednesday. I think most felt it would be a hard game with Wednesday really up for it and we'd need to be at our best to get a result. We weren't and we didn't. But claiming the majority thought we'd win easily is just not true.
Already safe? on 18:33 - Apr 6 with 1616 viewsNorthantsHoop

Already safe? on 18:24 - Apr 6 by ted_hendrix

A team currently six places below us have just done us 4-2 on aggregate, that tells me all I need to know.
On the way home from the Birmingham game whilst sat In the car I couldn't help but think we got away with one there.
After the Swansea game I thought we'd be safe come what may. we all know our failings they're there for everyone to see.
At 2 .30pm today I still thought we'd be safe and that's giving every respect to SW.
Now I'm not too sure, If I'm certain about one thing I really need this season to come to an end.

To be honest Hendrix our season could be defined by next 2 away games, we seem as a team more suited to playing away from home so to speak.
Already safe? on 18:35 - Apr 6 with 1587 viewsCamberleyR

Already safe? on 18:24 - Apr 6 by ted_hendrix

It's worse than that Ted, it's 4-1...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Already safe? on 18:38 - Apr 6 with 1562 viewsCamberleyR

Already safe? on 18:32 - Apr 6 by Trom

That's absolute bollox - that people were claiming we were safe. I think most of us felt we'd done very well over Easter and put ourselves in a good position but were far from safe. I don't remember 1 post that thought we'd steamroller Wednesday. I think most felt it would be a hard game with Wednesday really up for it and we'd need to be at our best to get a result. We weren't and we didn't. But claiming the majority thought we'd win easily is just not true.

My feelings as well. A few posters were saying that IF we beat SW we'd be pretty much there but nobody in their right minds would stake money on 46 points being enough to say up.
[Post edited 6 Apr 18:39]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Already safe? on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 1532 viewsRangersw12

Was worried about today as we have a tendancy to fck it up when we pat ourselves on the back

4 points will do it though and no need for a massive overreaction
Already safe? on 18:59 - Apr 6 with 1446 viewsAntti_Heinola

Already safe? on 18:32 - Apr 6 by Trom

Nope, there were people saying 46 was likely to be enough.
Make no mistake, we are back in it, and suspect it'll be even worse after Tuesday. Today was a real 'do not lose' and we choose to play our worst game for months. Not fans fault for being blase, of course, but we had the chance to bury Sheff Wed today and we blew it big time. Huge performance needed at Plymouth who are going to be bang at it.

Bare bones.

Already safe? on 19:02 - Apr 6 with 1431 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I said today I want 2 wins 'Just to make sure'. One might do but who knows in this league.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Already safe? on 19:05 - Apr 6 with 1410 viewsdutch

First time I think Marti got it completely wrong. Starting Sinclair and just playing long balls in the channels, soaked up with ease by their big, horrible defenders. We should have been playing round them, instead it just kept coming back at us. And when Armstrong did get through he was totally isolated. He really only works as an impact sub, and is really more of a winger than a number 9. I know the other options aren't good, but that one clearly doesn't work.
Already safe? on 19:14 - Apr 6 with 1355 viewsPaddyhoops

I expect a reaction on Tuesday. Can’t be any worse than today.
Reminded me of the dark days under Ainsworth.
Never looked like we were going to get anything out of the game.
Hoping a huge following and our away form will do the trick . Would take a point.
Already safe? on 19:15 - Apr 6 with 1342 viewsSpaceman_P

I hope we get a win on Tuesday, today genuinely ruined my weekend. I know a game of football shouldn't do that, but it has. Was even thinking to myself how stupid it actually is to feel depressed a bit.
Already safe? on 19:16 - Apr 6 with 1330 viewsted_hendrix

Already safe? on 18:35 - Apr 6 by CamberleyR

It's worse than that Ted, it's 4-1...

Already safe? on 07:57 - Apr 7 with 1017 viewsGaryBannister86

Already safe? on 18:59 - Apr 6 by Antti_Heinola

Nope, there were people saying 46 was likely to be enough.
Make no mistake, we are back in it, and suspect it'll be even worse after Tuesday. Today was a real 'do not lose' and we choose to play our worst game for months. Not fans fault for being blase, of course, but we had the chance to bury Sheff Wed today and we blew it big time. Huge performance needed at Plymouth who are going to be bang at it.

I really don't think that most of this thread is a fair representation of the debate - which was, after all, a bunch of people (including me) just trying to reassure themselves that all would be OK.

No-one got "dog's abuse" it was a clear-headed debate I thought. DaveB persuaded me that it could still all go wrong.

No-one said that 46 points was likely to be enough - I said it isn't impossible that it could be enough (and it still isn't). I disagreed that we needed 52, still don't see that being the case.

I thought we were very capable of losing to Wednesday and Plymouth, but that it was still easily recoverable from there. And it is. Looking at the table, 49 points with a half decent goal difference should still be enough.

We've now gone on Betfair from 22/1 to 4/1 to get relegated. Argh.

One thing I didn't anticipate was quite how woeful we would perform against Weds. I thought we may do OK and be unlucky and lose, but I didn't see that coming. Which now has me worrying that we won't get that extra win.

Preston at home looks most likely to me. Or perhaps if Coventry can get to the FA Cup final and miss the playoffs....there.
Already safe? on 09:14 - Apr 7 with 882 viewsdaveB

it's very fine lines in football. That late Swansea chance that hit the bar hits Begovic and goes in we have a draw, that Lucas Anderson shot hits the bar and goes over the line rather than on it and all is right with the world

We were rubbish yesterday but do think the over reaction on here after a win or defeat is a bit mad at times.

We were not a great side after last weekend and we're not terrible this morning

Tuesday is a big game now but always was going to be, we've got ourselves in a position where yesterdays result should be a blip rather than anything else. Realistically we need 4 points from the next 3 games and results to go for us in that time and that could be enough which is not a massive ask for this squad.
Already safe? on 09:27 - Apr 7 with 828 viewsted_hendrix

Already safe? on 09:14 - Apr 7 by daveB

it's very fine lines in football. That late Swansea chance that hit the bar hits Begovic and goes in we have a draw, that Lucas Anderson shot hits the bar and goes over the line rather than on it and all is right with the world

We were rubbish yesterday but do think the over reaction on here after a win or defeat is a bit mad at times.

Tuesday is a big game now but always was going to be, we've got ourselves in a position where yesterdays result should be a blip rather than anything else. Realistically we need 4 points from the next 3 games and results to go for us in that time and that could be enough which is not a massive ask for this squad.

*We were rubbish yesterday but do think the over reaction on here after a win or defeat is a bit mad at times.*

Over reaction? there's been no over reaction just posters giving their respective opinions.

Already safe? on 09:36 - Apr 7 with 794 viewsSydneyRs

Millwall and Plymouth plus Huddersfield and Birmingham have to play each other which helps. A win and a draw should do it but god it would have been so much nicer to have won yesterday, or even drawn.
Already safe? on 10:08 - Apr 7 with 727 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Already safe? on 09:14 - Apr 7 by daveB

Think it's because i) we were so poor yesterday and ii) it was at home to a relegation rival. Win that game and we were 10 points clear of them.
Already safe? on 10:14 - Apr 7 with 708 viewsdaveB

Already safe? on 09:27 - Apr 7 by ted_hendrix

*We were rubbish yesterday but do think the over reaction on here after a win or defeat is a bit mad at times.*

Over reaction? there's been no over reaction just posters giving their respective opinions.

I think some people have over reacted a bit wanting to bin off Armstrong for starters, didn't mean everyone of course
Already safe? on 10:24 - Apr 7 with 670 viewsMalintabuk

Already safe? on 09:36 - Apr 7 by SydneyRs

Millwall and Plymouth plus Huddersfield and Birmingham have to play each other which helps. A win and a draw should do it but god it would have been so much nicer to have won yesterday, or even drawn.

Think this post is more on the button. Everyone on here is so emotionally involved with this. We all wanted a win to "make us safe" and it just didn't work out that way.
Yes Marti got it wrong, and yes we never played very well. We are 17th in this league for a reason.
I can't though see us losing 6 games on the trot, I think we will either pick up a win or at least get 2 or 3 draws.
Already safe? on 12:36 - Apr 7 with 552 viewsDamo1962

Preston and Hull are the only fixtures left I feel we have a chance of points from. Blew a massive opportunity yesterday, as can be seen by the anger of a lot of the support and MC. I just don't trust most of these players...still. Think it might come down to other teams failings if we stay up. Hope I'm wrong of course...as I know nothing about football🙄
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024