Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread 13:39 - Apr 9 with 12936 viewsSuperhoops2808

With the football season coming to a close in a months time, some here will turn their attention to the smell of freshly mown grass and long days sat in the hot sunny weather watching the great game of cricket.

As a member of Kent Cricket Club, I got to enjoy my first match of the season against Somerset at Canterbury over the last few days. Unfortunately, as is always the way starting the season this early, the first day was lost to rain. In fact nearly all the games were affected by rain, some without a ball even being bowled.

But I did manage to get to see 2 centurions at Canterbury yesterday and a very enjoyable day of cricket (even if I did get sun burned head - Yes I know should have taken a cap).

Did anyone else get to see cricket over the last few days? I know we have several Middlesex supporters who no doubt enjoyed the 'runfest' at Lords (over 1300 runs I believe)
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:37 - Jun 13 with 1816 viewsMrSheen

The collapse is on.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:44 - Jun 13 with 1803 viewsMalintabuk

Wining a game in 3.1 overs.... that as got tobe a record?
Knowing how luck we will have a wash out in either games and then go out
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:48 - Jun 13 with 1778 viewsGaryBannister86

Well done, I say. Now run rate completely irrelevant which is quite an achievement. Beat Namibia and as long as Oz beat Scot and no rain.....
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:10 - Jun 14 with 1669 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Extremely comprehensive from England - thought Oman might put up a bit more of a fight but assumed they would struggle with express pace. Namibia are better but we should still win. Really wouldn't be surprised if Scotland beat Aus in a close game so it doesn't look too obvious. Aus will rotate a few, as anyone would in essentially a dead rubber.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:18 - Jun 14 with 1641 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:10 - Jun 14 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Extremely comprehensive from England - thought Oman might put up a bit more of a fight but assumed they would struggle with express pace. Namibia are better but we should still win. Really wouldn't be surprised if Scotland beat Aus in a close game so it doesn't look too obvious. Aus will rotate a few, as anyone would in essentially a dead rubber.

I think it's different now - winning the game but going slow is one thing, not trying to win a game is not very Oz-like, plus they would surely rather England gets through than they lose to an associate nation, come second and go in a group with India (I think).
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:50 - Jun 15 with 1440 viewsHayesender

Looking at the weather, Australia won't need to worry about letting Scotland win. This is turning into a bit of a farce now with the rain

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:54 - Jun 15 with 1387 viewsthame_hoops

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:50 - Jun 15 by Hayesender

Looking at the weather, Australia won't need to worry about letting Scotland win. This is turning into a bit of a farce now with the rain

We’ve got just under three hours to go before the cut-off, to start an 5 over game. It’s around 2145
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:52 - Jun 17 with 1167 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

All worked out in the end for England, although it was a bit squeaky bum time in the Aus v Scotland game. Windies, SA and USA probably the better side of the super 8s too.
Shame one of the games in 1.30am our time.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:45 - Jun 17 with 1084 viewsMrSheen

One for connoisseurs of cricketing feats - 18 sixes off 41 balls!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/cyprus-vs-estonia-2024-1438070/cyprus-vs-est
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:45 - Jun 17 with 1078 viewsTheChef

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:52 - Jun 17 by BlackAndGoldRanger

All worked out in the end for England, although it was a bit squeaky bum time in the Aus v Scotland game. Windies, SA and USA probably the better side of the super 8s too.
Shame one of the games in 1.30am our time.

Expectations still low however with Mott as coach.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 20:26 - Jun 17 with 998 viewsR_from_afar

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:45 - Jun 17 by MrSheen

One for connoisseurs of cricketing feats - 18 sixes off 41 balls!

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/cyprus-vs-estonia-2024-1438070/cyprus-vs-est

Wow! Thanks for posting.

If you can find the highlights of S Africa v Nepal in the T20 World Cup, do watch them because it was a fantastic battle .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:43 - Jun 19 with 842 viewsR_from_afar

USA having a right go against South Africa...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 20:23 - Jun 19 with 798 viewsKiwi76

20:20 really a risk of ruining the game here in NZ with several top players opting out of NZ contracts to play in India & now STH African leagues. Kane Williamson latest to opt out so our best batsman joins best bowler just playing occasional game for NZ.
Can’t blame them chasing the $$ as nowhere near the salaries that Indian/Aussie & England players get. Fear NZ will end up like West Indies with weak national team & best players on 20:20 circuit.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 06:23 - Jun 20 with 713 viewsMalintabuk

Shout it quietly but that was a really Impressive performance today by England. Salt and Bairstow saw us home, with Salt hitting 30 off the 16th over
Bowling again looked good restricting a decent batting side on that wicket and ground to 180.... Rashid again the pick of the bowlers
Bring on the Yanks I say
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:06 - Jun 20 with 675 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 06:23 - Jun 20 by Malintabuk

Shout it quietly but that was a really Impressive performance today by England. Salt and Bairstow saw us home, with Salt hitting 30 off the 16th over
Bowling again looked good restricting a decent batting side on that wicket and ground to 180.... Rashid again the pick of the bowlers
Bring on the Yanks I say

I woke up at about 2.30 and the West Indies were running away with it at 94/1 in the 11th over.What a comeback from England after that though,and thanks to Bairstow I managed to get an extra couple of hours sleep again.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:32 - Jun 20 with 655 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:06 - Jun 20 by stowmarketrange

I woke up at about 2.30 and the West Indies were running away with it at 94/1 in the 11th over.What a comeback from England after that though,and thanks to Bairstow I managed to get an extra couple of hours sleep again.

So much better - fair play to Mott and Buttler for getting us out of a tricky situation so although the jury's still out here, hopefully we can get to the semis at least.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:29 - Jun 23 with 435 viewsMalintabuk

Rashid must be totally unplayable for these associated sides.... what a bowler
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:01 - Jun 23 with 394 viewsMalintabuk

4 wicket maiden.... hatrick.... not a bad over
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:05 - Jun 23 with 389 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:01 - Jun 23 by Malintabuk

4 wicket maiden.... hatrick.... not a bad over

I just got back in as the USA scored a 6 from Curran’s penultimate ball,so I saw 5 wickets fall in 6 balls.Supreme effort by the England team.
[Post edited 23 Jun 17:05]
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:44 - Jun 23 with 349 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:05 - Jun 23 by stowmarketrange

I just got back in as the USA scored a 6 from Curran’s penultimate ball,so I saw 5 wickets fall in 6 balls.Supreme effort by the England team.
[Post edited 23 Jun 17:05]

Yes, fair play and it looks like the semis are ours, which unless we get trounced in that, will keep the Mott / Buttler axis in place, I am sure.

It was fabulous to watch Adil Rashid bowling today. So underrated that he struggles to get an IPL gig.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 17:57 - Jun 23 with 326 viewsMalintabuk

We could wind up winning this group..... incredible cricket
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:02 - Jun 23 with 317 viewsMalintabuk

Hardest part of this MOM... Rashid.... Jordan.... or Buttler... for me it would be Rashid... but it will be Jordan
We have a great chance of winning this... Pakistan of 1992
[Post edited 23 Jun 18:02]
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:03 - Jun 23 with 314 viewsstowmarketrange

From the very brink of elimination to the SF and possibly playing Afghanistan in that game.Would you believe it?Unbelievable.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:08 - Jun 23 with 302 viewsflynnbo

Excellent performance from England in particular from Jordan and Buttler.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:21 - Jun 23 with 273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 18:03 - Jun 23 by stowmarketrange

From the very brink of elimination to the SF and possibly playing Afghanistan in that game.Would you believe it?Unbelievable.

Afghanistan look pretty quality though - would be an intriguing semi!

Bare bones.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024