Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread 13:39 - Apr 9 with 13692 viewsSuperhoops2808

With the football season coming to a close in a months time, some here will turn their attention to the smell of freshly mown grass and long days sat in the hot sunny weather watching the great game of cricket.

As a member of Kent Cricket Club, I got to enjoy my first match of the season against Somerset at Canterbury over the last few days. Unfortunately, as is always the way starting the season this early, the first day was lost to rain. In fact nearly all the games were affected by rain, some without a ball even being bowled.

But I did manage to get to see 2 centurions at Canterbury yesterday and a very enjoyable day of cricket (even if I did get sun burned head - Yes I know should have taken a cap).

Did anyone else get to see cricket over the last few days? I know we have several Middlesex supporters who no doubt enjoyed the 'runfest' at Lords (over 1300 runs I believe)
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:10 - Jun 24 with 1079 viewsMrSheen

India 53/1 in the 6th against Australia. Rohit Sharma 50*!!
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:22 - Jun 24 with 1045 viewsE17hoop

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 16:10 - Jun 24 by MrSheen

India 53/1 in the 6th against Australia. Rohit Sharma 50*!!

93-2 after 8 now. Rohit looking for a 50 ball ton I think.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 19:48 - Jun 24 with 937 viewsstowmarketrange

If Afghanistan win against Bangladesh later tonight then the Aussies are going home.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 06:17 - Jun 25 with 828 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 19:48 - Jun 24 by stowmarketrange

If Afghanistan win against Bangladesh later tonight then the Aussies are going home.

It happened then.Bye bye Australia.I bet the press are happy down under.
Well done to Afghanistan.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:05 - Jun 25 with 757 viewsE17hoop

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 06:17 - Jun 25 by stowmarketrange

It happened then.Bye bye Australia.I bet the press are happy down under.
Well done to Afghanistan.

Apparently it's down to Afghanistan trying to slow the game down.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-lose-to-india-but-can-still-make-

And there was I thinking it was because the Aussies lost to Afghanistan.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:27 - Jun 25 with 730 viewsTonto

Ahhh.. yes the Sustralian cricket team. The team that is well known for upholding the spirit of cricket to the n th degree. But will always bring up Stuart Braod not walking whenever it suits them.
[Post edited 25 Jun 9:27]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:54 - Jun 25 with 691 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:27 - Jun 25 by Tonto

Ahhh.. yes the Sustralian cricket team. The team that is well known for upholding the spirit of cricket to the n th degree. But will always bring up Stuart Braod not walking whenever it suits them.
[Post edited 25 Jun 9:27]

Or using leaf blowers to try and dry the pitch at Perth in 2017.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:14 - Jun 25 with 659 viewsNed_Kennedys

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 09:05 - Jun 25 by E17hoop

Apparently it's down to Afghanistan trying to slow the game down.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/australia-lose-to-india-but-can-still-make-

And there was I thinking it was because the Aussies lost to Afghanistan.

The article is behind a wall but it’s laughable they talk about the ‘spirit of cricket’ with their track record.
Login to get fewer ads

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:16 - Jun 25 with 653 viewsTheChef

And in classic ICC shenanigans - one semi final has a reserve day but the other hasn't.

And it's the India v England match (which looks very likely to be rain affected) that doesn't have a reserve day.

Funny that.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:20 - Jun 25 with 586 viewsBlackCrowe

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 10:16 - Jun 25 by TheChef

And in classic ICC shenanigans - one semi final has a reserve day but the other hasn't.

And it's the India v England match (which looks very likely to be rain affected) that doesn't have a reserve day.

Funny that.

India really do run the ICC. Apparently they got ICC to assure them that should they make the semi-final, it would be held in Guyana - which has a large Indian population. India are the enemy in limited overs cricket, not Australia, in my book.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:24 - Jun 25 with 584 viewsMrSheen

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 11:20 - Jun 25 by BlackCrowe

India really do run the ICC. Apparently they got ICC to assure them that should they make the semi-final, it would be held in Guyana - which has a large Indian population. India are the enemy in limited overs cricket, not Australia, in my book.

Trinidad has a large Indian population too. What Guyana has, unlike most other West Indian nations, is overflowing public finances, as a result of the recent oil discoveries there. That probably influenced the ICC as well.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:05 - Jun 27 with 374 viewsGaryBannister86

Well that was awful. We'd probably have lost anyway but bizarre decision yet again to chase in a semi against India in these conditions. I thought our best hope was to go first and use scoreboard pressure. I remain totally unconvinced by the Mott / Buttler axis, especially as time for a freshen up on the white ball side now.

Time to move on:
Mo
Bairstow
Jordan

at the very least?
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:13 - Jun 27 with 352 viewsslmrstid

Stunning performance from Leicestershire's Louis Kimber yesterday in the County Championship at Sussex.

243 runs off 127 balls, 43 off a single over for most ever (math doesn't math, he had 3 extra balls due to no balls), highest ever score from a number 8 or later in the batting order.

T20-esque batting numbers.

Despite all that they still lost.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 22:02 - Jun 27 with 306 viewsSuperhoops2808

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 21:13 - Jun 27 by slmrstid

Stunning performance from Leicestershire's Louis Kimber yesterday in the County Championship at Sussex.

243 runs off 127 balls, 43 off a single over for most ever (math doesn't math, he had 3 extra balls due to no balls), highest ever score from a number 8 or later in the batting order.

T20-esque batting numbers.

Despite all that they still lost.

Bye Bye Mott, Bairstow and Ali - Please

And I remain unconvinced by Curran too who is so expensive

I want to say stick with Butler but I dunno
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 00:30 - Jun 28 with 234 viewsstowmarketrange

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 22:02 - Jun 27 by Superhoops2808

Bye Bye Mott, Bairstow and Ali - Please

And I remain unconvinced by Curran too who is so expensive

I want to say stick with Butler but I dunno

Curran has been on the wane for the last couple of years,and he’s now a liability in T20 cricket.We didn’t deserve to win the game and were outclassed in both batting and bowling today,but at least it was settled on the pitch instead of being rained off.
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:56 - Jun 28 with 168 viewsMalintabuk

Best 2 teams are in the final and really that is how it should have been.
I would most likely have done what Buttler did and bowl first, with weather about, but when they interviewed Rohit and he said no he wanted to bat... I thought oops
Be a good final, but think India will just have too much SA
Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 08:20 - Jun 28 with 136 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket 2024 County/International Thread on 07:56 - Jun 28 by Malintabuk

Best 2 teams are in the final and really that is how it should have been.
I would most likely have done what Buttler did and bowl first, with weather about, but when they interviewed Rohit and he said no he wanted to bat... I thought oops
Be a good final, but think India will just have too much SA

I know what you mean but I think the weather call was such a negative approach.

If (hopefully) when a brilliant captain / coach like Morgan is in charge, I think the better way of looking at it would have been to consider the weakness of India and what they would least like to do. For me, their only weakness is not winning a major tournament in so long, so the pressure of chasing would have been daunting, especially if Rohit goes early.

To be clear, I think we would have lost anyway, so outclassed we were, but having watched this side now through the 50 over world cup and 20/20 one, the amount of dubious decisions is becoming extraordinary.

Come on SA!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024