Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So frustrating. 22:45 - Apr 9 with 5873 viewsconnell10

I just want this season to end .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So frustrating. on 22:47 - Apr 9 with 3745 viewsNortholt_Rs

Amen.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

So frustrating. on 22:48 - Apr 9 with 3729 viewsTonto

As long as it ends the right way... can't see Huddersfield overtaking us now, but it's still a nail biting excruciating season...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

So frustrating. on 22:56 - Apr 9 with 3636 viewssdm19994

It’s completely on us if we somehow get relegated this season. Who honestly thought putting that clown in goal as our number one never mind captain!! Said it before I’ll say it again keeping ainsworth in the summer was a catastrophic mistake.
So frustrating. on 23:00 - Apr 9 with 3600 views222gers

So frustrating. on 22:56 - Apr 9 by sdm19994

It’s completely on us if we somehow get relegated this season. Who honestly thought putting that clown in goal as our number one never mind captain!! Said it before I’ll say it again keeping ainsworth in the summer was a catastrophic mistake.

You're forgetting Ainsworth's good points:

Er,
So frustrating. on 23:01 - Apr 9 with 3584 viewsBostonR

I think we will be ok. Marti has worked a miracle. Can’t wait to see Begovic, Dykes, Kakay and a few others getting moved on. Begovic has probably cost us 6-8 points since Xmas but Dykes is stealing a living. Smyth had two great chances to finish it tonight bit that’s why he was playing L1 last season.
So frustrating. on 23:05 - Apr 9 with 3528 viewsTacticalR

Soon it will all be over.

Air hostess clique

So frustrating. on 23:07 - Apr 9 with 3510 viewssdm19994

So frustrating. on 23:00 - Apr 9 by 222gers

You're forgetting Ainsworth's good points:

Er,

Was 8 years old at rushden and diamonds for those screamers in 03, always loved him as a player. Manager wise - I’d rather Mr Bean
So frustrating. on 23:13 - Apr 9 with 3449 viewsCateLeBonR

Yes thank god it’s nearly over.

Next up a London mayoral election followed by possible general election . England in the euros Andy Murrey at Wimbledon 🎾
Login to get fewer ads

So frustrating. on 23:30 - Apr 9 with 3361 viewsconnell10

It's like Chinese water torture. Fu cking awful.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So frustrating. on 23:33 - Apr 9 with 3332 viewscolinallcars

The most stressful season ever. The Hughes/Redknapp seasons were of course ghastly, but you knew they would be.
So frustrating. on 00:38 - Apr 10 with 3153 viewsbosh67

Just imagine if Marti hadn't come... we'd most likely be below Rotherham.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

So frustrating. on 00:54 - Apr 10 with 3128 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Truth is most posters were predicting relegation and I even had some at 3/1 myself.
But after the January window relegation looked unlikely and I cashed out.
It’s been interesting and tense but entertaining as far as I’m concerned. I don’t get any of the exaggerated panic you read on here. Maybe because 50 points + was never likely to be needed.

If your realistic about our ability and remember that anybody can beat anybody in this league why would you get frustrated?
So frustrating. on 02:01 - Apr 10 with 3064 viewsLblock

So frustrating. on 22:56 - Apr 9 by sdm19994

I rarely give the decision makers at the club credit but……possibly they had a plan here?

Marti was their man
Allegedly he’s been their man for 18 months prior
Perhaps they had a plan to appoint him as soon as he was available so tried to limp along with GA?
If they did then fair play to them as Marti is an absolute class act and will be a top level Manager one day. I’ve said before he’s still learning about the game at this level and by Christ his learning curve was always going to be steep with us!!! I think we got him just at the right time.
Should he keep us in this Division then automatic Legend status is attained, that would be a phenomenal job for his first endeavour into the EFL.

I’ll caveat all the above with if he was number one choice why wait 18 months?
Surely the money wasted on Critchley etc is dwarfed by whatever pay out due?
Then I’ll caveat that with maybe Marti is a man of honour and didn’t want to leave his last club in the lurch etc.

On the OP …… yep, yet another one of those seasons you want over asap
We’ve had a few!!!!
Retain our status at this level though and it’ll have been a positive season for quite a few reasons such as Marti learning lots about the squad, through a FFP cycle, new broom at the top, fans have somehow galvanised their support further, etc etc
Still that bastard big IF at the moment though

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

So frustrating. on 06:49 - Apr 10 with 2860 viewsstowmarketrange

I personally think we still need 2 more points to be safe this season.That probably should have been earned last night,but thanks to begovic they weren’t.
A lot of the teams around us are playing each other in their last 4 games,and they’re just as likely to win 1 and lose 1 in this mini relegation league.We picked up 1 point from 6 in our part of it and we have to hope that 2 other teams do as poorly as us.
I also think that we might need to get that last point at Coventry on the final day,but I hope I’m wrong.
So frustrating. on 06:55 - Apr 10 with 2815 viewsellersliehoop

Huddersfield have some very winnable games so we're going to need a couple of draws I suspect
So frustrating. on 07:31 - Apr 10 with 2687 viewsPaddyhoops

I felt that way after trudging out of Vigarage road on the first day of the season .
So frustrating. on 08:16 - Apr 10 with 2515 viewsdavman

So frustrating. on 07:31 - Apr 10 by Paddyhoops

I felt that way after trudging out of Vigarage road on the first day of the season .

So frustrating is spot on. The game was two awful Championship teams going at it. We were by far the least worst team, but as per usual, we missed three clear cut chances - two from Smyth, one from Chair and a number of unclear chances mainly involving our "striker" who despite improvement, looked as much a striker as I have ever.
Hayden was given the ball away for fun in a poor display and don't get me started on Paal, who was, yet again, a waste of space.

BUT then we scored and our fans started to sing "A win away". It all felt good until our captain and 'keeper stayed motionless on his goal line when a corner was sent over only to wake up in time to flap at the ball hitting it straight on to his fellow OAP in the team to score their equaliser for them.

We were safe tonight, but no, our "captain" did not want that, did he? Wonder if he will apologise...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

So frustrating. on 08:32 - Apr 10 with 2446 viewsChrisNW6

Last season was worse and far more toxic, I've been happy since Marti joined and the recent form has been amazing.
So frustrating. on 08:34 - Apr 10 with 2436 viewsSK_hoops

If we do end up going down, it will be down to our sheer inability to win six pointers. Brum aside.
So frustrating. on 08:41 - Apr 10 with 2408 viewsloftus77

So frustrating. on 08:34 - Apr 10 by SK_hoops

If we do end up going down, it will be down to our sheer inability to win six pointers. Brum aside.

Tbf Rotherham Home too? That, technically, was a six-pointer then.
So frustrating. on 08:41 - Apr 10 with 2408 viewssdm1508

Dykes just needs to go despite apparently signing a new contract. Always on his heels, never anticipates a pass. Always arrives where the ball was about 2 seconds after it was there, seems to be even slower. For his size doesn't impose himself on defenders and basically wins nothing in the air. Couple of great crosses last night, one in particular from Anderson across the 6 yard box and where was Dykes. On the edge of the penalty area. He never makes a run for the player with the ball. Just runs alongside the defender making sure he isn't an option
So frustrating. on 08:57 - Apr 10 with 2323 viewsgazza1

Personally, I have found this season exciting and enthralling in many ways......
So frustrating. on 09:23 - Apr 10 with 2230 viewsTheChef

So frustrating. on 02:01 - Apr 10 by Lblock

I rarely give the decision makers at the club credit but……possibly they had a plan here?

Marti was their man
Allegedly he’s been their man for 18 months prior
Perhaps they had a plan to appoint him as soon as he was available so tried to limp along with GA?
If they did then fair play to them as Marti is an absolute class act and will be a top level Manager one day. I’ve said before he’s still learning about the game at this level and by Christ his learning curve was always going to be steep with us!!! I think we got him just at the right time.
Should he keep us in this Division then automatic Legend status is attained, that would be a phenomenal job for his first endeavour into the EFL.

I’ll caveat all the above with if he was number one choice why wait 18 months?
Surely the money wasted on Critchley etc is dwarfed by whatever pay out due?
Then I’ll caveat that with maybe Marti is a man of honour and didn’t want to leave his last club in the lurch etc.

On the OP …… yep, yet another one of those seasons you want over asap
We’ve had a few!!!!
Retain our status at this level though and it’ll have been a positive season for quite a few reasons such as Marti learning lots about the squad, through a FFP cycle, new broom at the top, fans have somehow galvanised their support further, etc etc
Still that bastard big IF at the moment though

Said already - they wanted Marti after Beale but didn't want to/couldn't pay his million quid release clause from Hammarby (probably because of FFP...). So we had to wait till the end of the Swedish season.

Of course you can argue whether we should have taken the FFP hit and points deduction to get him.

Anyway, main thing is he is here now.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

So frustrating. on 09:42 - Apr 10 with 2141 viewsSpaceman_P

this has been a nerve wracking season. But if we do stay up, the reality is Marti has done a miracle.

If he didn't come I think we would have been relegated a long time ago.

but bloody hell, its been so stressful week in week out.

The thing that has frustrated me the most is we've played absolutely shite against teams around us and the calibre of football has been really terrible.

We lost games we should have won countless times this year.

Lets collectively hope we can stay up and then push on next season.

We need a deep cleanse next year for sure though. Some freeloaders and useless players need to be handed their P45s.
So frustrating. on 10:00 - Apr 10 with 2057 viewsmcqpr10

This season and last season have been horrible. Hopefully we can stay up, keep Marti and build an identity that means not signing/resigning past it players (begovic/adomah) or persisting with young players who won’t make the grade (Drewe,rendall, duke McKenna).
We were so close to getting over the line yesterday. Still need 2/3 points.
However, in the the dark days of ainsworth in October if you had offered me 4 points off relegation with four games to play I would have snapped your hand off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024