Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So frustrating. 22:45 - Apr 9 with 5880 viewsconnell10

I just want this season to end .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So frustrating. on 10:26 - Apr 10 with 2101 viewswestberksr

the chant of 'a win away' drove me nuts; 1-0 with our history and 10 minutes to go; idiotic.
So frustrating. on 11:04 - Apr 10 with 1995 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So frustrating. on 02:01 - Apr 10 by Lblock

I rarely give the decision makers at the club credit but……possibly they had a plan here?

Marti was their man
Allegedly he’s been their man for 18 months prior
Perhaps they had a plan to appoint him as soon as he was available so tried to limp along with GA?
If they did then fair play to them as Marti is an absolute class act and will be a top level Manager one day. I’ve said before he’s still learning about the game at this level and by Christ his learning curve was always going to be steep with us!!! I think we got him just at the right time.
Should he keep us in this Division then automatic Legend status is attained, that would be a phenomenal job for his first endeavour into the EFL.

I’ll caveat all the above with if he was number one choice why wait 18 months?
Surely the money wasted on Critchley etc is dwarfed by whatever pay out due?
Then I’ll caveat that with maybe Marti is a man of honour and didn’t want to leave his last club in the lurch etc.

On the OP …… yep, yet another one of those seasons you want over asap
We’ve had a few!!!!
Retain our status at this level though and it’ll have been a positive season for quite a few reasons such as Marti learning lots about the squad, through a FFP cycle, new broom at the top, fans have somehow galvanised their support further, etc etc
Still that bastard big IF at the moment though

Great post that mate.
So frustrating. on 11:25 - Apr 10 with 1892 viewsLoyalitat

So frustrating. on 23:01 - Apr 9 by BostonR

I think we will be ok. Marti has worked a miracle. Can’t wait to see Begovic, Dykes, Kakay and a few others getting moved on. Begovic has probably cost us 6-8 points since Xmas but Dykes is stealing a living. Smyth had two great chances to finish it tonight bit that’s why he was playing L1 last season.

Smyth was playing in league 2 last season, where he was hardly prolific: 10 goals in 42 games. His spells with other clubs in league 1 have only yielded 9 goals in about 70 games. It's therefore not surprising that he has squandered the vast majority of chances that have come his way this season.
So frustrating. on 12:54 - Apr 10 with 1736 viewsTomS

This season has been a useful opportunity to compare and contrast the effects of adrenaline and stress on yourself during matches. One is good for you. The other is bad for your health.

It should be noted that fans of many clubs don't get to experience the same wide swings in emotions that we have had this season. I suspect that some might even be secretly envious.
[Post edited 10 Apr 13:03]
So frustrating. on 14:13 - Apr 10 with 1610 viewsE15Hoop

So frustrating. on 11:25 - Apr 10 by Loyalitat

Smyth was playing in league 2 last season, where he was hardly prolific: 10 goals in 42 games. His spells with other clubs in league 1 have only yielded 9 goals in about 70 games. It's therefore not surprising that he has squandered the vast majority of chances that have come his way this season.

Its pretty clear that we need to be working on the art of finishing with ALL our front players.
It takes us an eternity to eke out gilt-edged chances, then, when we do get them, we manage to balls them up in the majority of cases.
I think we would all hope that they're setting aside coaching sessions on keeping your head in 1-1 situations with the opposing goalkeeper, making the right decision in the final 3rd etc.
Not just for the usual suspects, but also for Chair and Willock who have to shoulder some of the blame in this particular area.
So frustrating. on 14:18 - Apr 10 with 1590 viewsYorkRanger

It has been stressful at times, but perversely there has been a lot to enjoy in recent weeks. As ever with Rangers there have been low points and times when we've done it the hard way, but I look back at Leicester away and I cant remember a better away day for a long long time. I also look at the table against where I thought we would be last October and its nothing short of a miracle.

Hoping we turn up at Hull on Saturday.
So frustrating. on 16:17 - Apr 10 with 1471 viewsellersliehoop

We have taken 3 points from the 18 available against Huddersfield / SW & Plymouth. Just a point on Saturday against SW would have made a big difference. They would now be 7 points behind us and requiring 3 wins basically (given goal diff) to finish above us.

We failed to beat 10 man Plymouth at home and couldn't see out the last 5 mins last night.
So frustrating. on 16:38 - Apr 10 with 1405 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Some teams you do well against. Some you don’t. It doesn’t have much to do with the league table.
Login to get fewer ads

So frustrating. on 16:42 - Apr 10 with 1391 viewsE15Hoop

So frustrating. on 16:17 - Apr 10 by ellersliehoop

We have taken 3 points from the 18 available against Huddersfield / SW & Plymouth. Just a point on Saturday against SW would have made a big difference. They would now be 7 points behind us and requiring 3 wins basically (given goal diff) to finish above us.

We failed to beat 10 man Plymouth at home and couldn't see out the last 5 mins last night.

Whilst all of that is clearly true, I think that the difference in positive intent from us last night was there for all of us to see, and we actually grew into the game as an attacking force.

Yes, their goal was a massive rick from us defensively, but we also have to remember that Begovic made 2 or 3 top-class saves last night, and we're always going to come under defensive pressure at some point over any given 90 minutes.

The major issue still to rectify is our lack of composure in general in front of the opposition goal.
So frustrating. on 18:18 - Apr 13 with 1192 viewsconnell10

As I said I just want this season to end , 3 games now 5 shipped 1 scored , 1 point and no wins. Now I'm getting worried.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

So frustrating. on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 1024 viewsManinBlack

So frustrating. on 18:18 - Apr 13 by connell10

As I said I just want this season to end , 3 games now 5 shipped 1 scored , 1 point and no wins. Now I'm getting worried.

Strange how it pans out. Plymouth sack the manager and the interim manager gets 7 points in 3 games with only one goal conceded while our cretins return to their default mode of general incompetence over the same 3 game period. Still it probably didn't help that our deadbeats had to travel London to Plymouth, back to London and then up to Hull. Probably too tiring for them. They looked lethargic to me today.
So frustrating. on 21:29 - Apr 13 with 851 viewsdigswellhoop

we wre sh1t poor again
how can they play so badly today theen the previous games we put in a shift
So frustrating. on 21:50 - Apr 13 with 781 viewsstevec

So frustrating. on 19:51 - Apr 13 by ManinBlack

Strange how it pans out. Plymouth sack the manager and the interim manager gets 7 points in 3 games with only one goal conceded while our cretins return to their default mode of general incompetence over the same 3 game period. Still it probably didn't help that our deadbeats had to travel London to Plymouth, back to London and then up to Hull. Probably too tiring for them. They looked lethargic to me today.

Coach lag.
So frustrating. on 04:17 - Apr 14 with 589 viewsThe_Beast1976

So frustrating. on 22:56 - Apr 9 by sdm19994

It’s completely on us if we somehow get relegated this season. Who honestly thought putting that clown in goal as our number one never mind captain!! Said it before I’ll say it again keeping ainsworth in the summer was a catastrophic mistake.

If we go down, other than many of the players being absolute khunts, it's all on GA I'm afraid. What he did last Summer and the first part of the season is an absolute travesty
So frustrating. on 06:24 - Apr 14 with 526 views08olesen

The concerning thing is that I think we have the hardest finish of those in the mix.

We also have a history of taking losses badly when they start pilling up.

I am very concerned we still might go down. I cant see any points from our last games and with Birmingham and Huddersfield playing each other, we are guarenteed to lose ground on one of them if we dont pick up anything.

Poll: Who will the other play off

So frustrating. on 07:12 - Apr 14 with 436 viewsGaryBannister86

So frustrating. on 06:24 - Apr 14 by 08olesen

The concerning thing is that I think we have the hardest finish of those in the mix.

We also have a history of taking losses badly when they start pilling up.

I am very concerned we still might go down. I cant see any points from our last games and with Birmingham and Huddersfield playing each other, we are guarenteed to lose ground on one of them if we dont pick up anything.

I was (far too) optimistic that we would stay up after the Swansea win. I was totally, utterly, wrong and next weekend looks the pivotal one now, with straightforward wins looking likely for Birmingham and Huddersfield and Stoke.

Preston's spare game against Soton in the week - if they don't win there then their playoff hopes are very slim indeed, so although I don't trust us it is a game we just have to win now. The late kick off will at least prove the gravity of the situation to the players.

If we do stay up, above Hudds, then I vote for Nakhi as player of the season.
[Post edited 14 Apr 7:14]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024