Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New EFL/Sky deal 10:47 - Apr 12 with 4655 viewssdm19994

https://www.efl.com/news/2024/april/12/sky-sports-to-become-the-home-of-the-efl-

Look forward to Derby away 8pm on a Thursday night then..

iFollow also scrapped it seems
[Post edited 12 Apr 10:48]
New EFL/Sky deal on 10:52 - Apr 12 with 3883 viewsNorthernr

Not sure why they're doing a big promo on this today, it was announced ages ago. It's worth 40% more money, which is good for us. But essentially means that half the Championship fixture list every weekend will be scattered to various weird and wonderful kick off times between Thursday and Monday. Joy.
New EFL/Sky deal on 10:58 - Apr 12 with 3848 viewsdaveB

Will it not be more league one and 2 games in the Thursday night slot?

Sounds like the Opening game will be a lunchtime kick off if they are all being shown live
New EFL/Sky deal on 11:00 - Apr 12 with 3829 viewssdm19994

New EFL/Sky deal on 10:52 - Apr 12 by Northernr

Not sure why they're doing a big promo on this today, it was announced ages ago. It's worth 40% more money, which is good for us. But essentially means that half the Championship fixture list every weekend will be scattered to various weird and wonderful kick off times between Thursday and Monday. Joy.

Yeah revenue a good thing, interesting they also mention about giving fans much more notice and announcing all live games pre new year before the season, they will find some other way of p*ssing everyone off i'm sure
New EFL/Sky deal on 11:13 - Apr 12 with 3706 viewsdaveB

New EFL/Sky deal on 11:00 - Apr 12 by sdm19994

Yeah revenue a good thing, interesting they also mention about giving fans much more notice and announcing all live games pre new year before the season, they will find some other way of p*ssing everyone off i'm sure

They have been quiet about the second half of the season so that could be similar pain to this year
New EFL/Sky deal on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 3698 viewsJuzzie

40% more money for players and agents. Fk all left for anything else.

Football clubs stand still as players hoover up ever more money and phone it in 'cos they are so protected and now so wealthy they don't give a fk.

[Post edited 12 Apr 11:28]
New EFL/Sky deal on 11:14 - Apr 12 with 3688 viewsStevenageRanger

iFollow only scrapped for UK based Picture (Commentary for UK and overseas Picture will stay with iFollow)

It means the club will lose any income they got from people in the UK buying the Midweek games (but will get more from this deal to offset that) I am not sure how many UK based fans would have paid the tenner each midweek game.

I think thats a shame as the Red Button service is very poor (almost not worth bothering with IMO) The tenner to watch a midweek away game via QPR+ was worthwhile over that.

This from Sky SIte confirms that

Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.
New EFL/Sky deal on 13:16 - Apr 12 with 3257 viewsBAWHoops

So 5 Champ and 5 Lg1/2 games a week. Where are the slots!? I can't see how they make it work without clashing with Premier League games they are showing and also messing up the midweek matches

Thurs 8:00
Friday 8:00
Saturday 12:30
Saturday 5:30
Sunday 12:00
Monday 8:00

That's 6 slots and I can't work out where the rest go, unless they start doing 6pm on Fridays and Sundays

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:25 - Apr 12 with 3192 viewsgazza1

New EFL/Sky deal on 10:52 - Apr 12 by Northernr

40% more of what Norf??? Got cash details please - just wondering how much we can pay for a striker & keeper!!!
Login to get fewer ads

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:29 - Apr 12 with 3165 viewsLblock

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:16 - Apr 12 by BAWHoops

So 5 Champ and 5 Lg1/2 games a week. Where are the slots!? I can't see how they make it work without clashing with Premier League games they are showing and also messing up the midweek matches

That's 6 slots and I can't work out where the rest go, unless they start doing 6pm on Fridays and Sundays

I've notice a few Saturday 8pm games lately

Scandalous
[Post edited 12 Apr 13:30]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:58 - Apr 12 with 3040 viewsdaveB

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:16 - Apr 12 by BAWHoops

A lot of those slots will be for league 1 or 2, probably up against Europa league nights on TNT

For the Championship I think they will go 1230 and 530 on Saturday and a lunchtime Sunday game before the Premier league ones. Fridays nights as they are now as well

They are also going to show all the Bank Holiday games and opening game so that adds quite a few games to the total shown
New EFL/Sky deal on 14:33 - Apr 12 with 2892 viewsMatch82

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:29 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Scandalous

Oooh, that's a cracking time for those of us on the other side of the pond though!

I will say it's taken some getting used to "normal" games kicking off Saturday at 9am, but it's quite a different experience watching the game on the tablet with a cup of tea and nice breakfast instead of a with a few beers.

When I first moved over the only televised games were usually Sunday at 6am and involved banging on the pub door demanding to be served beer and a cooked breakfast.
New EFL/Sky deal on 14:51 - Apr 12 with 2809 viewsCroydonCaptJack

New EFL/Sky deal on 13:29 - Apr 12 by Lblock

Scandalous

Especially if Punter is smashing out the tuneage on Release.
New EFL/Sky deal on 15:09 - Apr 12 with 2718 viewsthemodfather

clubs need the money and football is all about money, not loyalty etc
now we sold our "soul" ( and did ages back really) tv will now dictate ko's, days and not a a to55 about the so called "fans" , without whom it is not the same spectacle .
was it itv digital sport ( them that went skint and never paid) who sent qpr to huddersfield for an 11am ko on saturday??
New EFL/Sky deal on 15:14 - Apr 12 with 2686 viewsWatford_Ranger

How many games does a season ticket save you versus buying all individually? 4 or 5? Apart from the guarantee of your regular seat there’s not much point. Nobody outside of fans of the clubs themselves is bothered about most of these games anyway until the final few weeks when mugs like me make a point of watching Plymouth v Leicester.
New EFL/Sky deal on 17:31 - Apr 12 with 2430 viewsEastR

Sky Sports paid £930m for this EFL deal for 5 years.

In other news, in a 12 month period to Feb this year PL league clubs paid out £410m just to agents.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68794902

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

New EFL/Sky deal on 17:42 - Apr 12 with 2379 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New EFL/Sky deal on 11:14 - Apr 12 by StevenageRanger

iFollow only scrapped for UK based Picture (Commentary for UK and overseas Picture will stay with iFollow)

It means the club will lose any income they got from people in the UK buying the Midweek games (but will get more from this deal to offset that) I am not sure how many UK based fans would have paid the tenner each midweek game.

I think thats a shame as the Red Button service is very poor (almost not worth bothering with IMO) The tenner to watch a midweek away game via QPR+ was worthwhile over that.

This from Sky SIte confirms that

Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

A real worry for me is whether Sinton will still be on comms for all of us fans based in Luxembourg. Hopefully he'll still be involved. Matches would be far, far worse without him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New EFL/Sky deal on 17:43 - Apr 12 with 2371 viewsdaveB

New EFL/Sky deal on 15:14 - Apr 12 by Watford_Ranger

How many games does a season ticket save you versus buying all individually? 4 or 5? Apart from the guarantee of your regular seat there’s not much point. Nobody outside of fans of the clubs themselves is bothered about most of these games anyway until the final few weeks when mugs like me make a point of watching Plymouth v Leicester.

Whether you watch the games or not is irrelevant to Sky really, it helps with ad revenue but as long as you are paying your monthly subscription they will make their money back
New EFL/Sky deal on 19:33 - Apr 12 with 2135 viewsRangersw12

New EFL/Sky deal on 14:33 - Apr 12 by Match82

Oooh, that's a cracking time for those of us on the other side of the pond though!

I will say it's taken some getting used to "normal" games kicking off Saturday at 9am, but it's quite a different experience watching the game on the tablet with a cup of tea and nice breakfast instead of a with a few beers.

When I first moved over the only televised games were usually Sunday at 6am and involved banging on the pub door demanding to be served beer and a cooked breakfast.

That's the whole problem with this TV deal it caters for armchair fans and not people who actually go to games

Would have been far better to scrap the 3 pm coverage ban and just have every game kick off on a Sat as the product they want to protect has been made worse
New EFL/Sky deal on 05:29 - Apr 13 with 1797 viewsMatch82

New EFL/Sky deal on 19:33 - Apr 12 by Rangersw12

That's the whole problem with this TV deal it caters for armchair fans and not people who actually go to games

Would have been far better to scrap the 3 pm coverage ban and just have every game kick off on a Sat as the product they want to protect has been made worse

For what it's worth I agree.

I used to have a season ticket, loved a Saturday 3pm. I'm sad to see this evolution for the people that turn up every week rain or shine, it's not fair. Selfishly I'm grateful, I live abroad now so getting to games isn't an option, it's just nice to be able to watch as many Rangers games as I can. Before QPR+, which has been a game changer, the broadcast games were the only ones I'd ever get to see, a couple of times a season.
New EFL/Sky deal on 06:49 - Apr 13 with 1748 viewsPunteR

New EFL/Sky deal on 14:51 - Apr 12 by CroydonCaptJack

Especially if Punter is smashing out the tuneage on Release.

I'll ask the club if they can stick me on at half time over the tannoy. ;)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New EFL/Sky deal on 06:56 - Apr 13 with 1738 viewsPunteR

New EFL/Sky deal on 11:14 - Apr 12 by Juzzie

40% more money for players and agents. Fk all left for anything else.

Football clubs stand still as players hoover up ever more money and phone it in 'cos they are so protected and now so wealthy they don't give a fk.

[Post edited 12 Apr 11:28]

Yeh ,sadly I think this is the likely outcome.
Might give us more wriggle room for the first few season, with players still on old contracts but eventually it levels back out again. The club still need to be savvy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

New EFL/Sky deal on 07:06 - Apr 13 with 1731 viewsdaveB

New EFL/Sky deal on 19:33 - Apr 12 by Rangersw12

isn't that what any tv does, it's to get you to subscribe to their service and watch it. The rise in price is mostly due to Sky wanting to make sure their competitors such as Disney, TNT, Netflix etc don't come in and take more sports off them and weaken their subscriptions.

When you see Netflix moving into sport with tennis and now buying WWE I think Sky will be worried they'll make a move for the Premier League eventually or possibly the EFL given the success of the Sunderland and Wrexham docs.

This is all being done to try and price those companies out of it
New EFL/Sky deal on 10:49 - Apr 13 with 1536 viewsHastings_Hoops

New EFL/Sky deal on 06:56 - Apr 13 by PunteR

Yeh ,sadly I think this is the likely outcome.
Might give us more wriggle room for the first few season, with players still on old contracts but eventually it levels back out again. The club still need to be savvy.

Depends how you look at it… good riddance to a swathe of out of contract players at QPR this summer, or typical bad timing for QPR having most of the squad out of contract this summer thus recruiting at higher prices!
[Post edited 13 Apr 10:49]
New EFL/Sky deal on 11:32 - Apr 13 with 1431 viewsNorthernr

Unless I’m reading it wrong the entire opening day fixture list is televised next season which means none of it will be Saturday 3pm.
New EFL/Sky deal on 12:34 - Apr 16 with 1030 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sounds like us Luxembourgers will be ok.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/april/16/efl-sky-sports-agree-new-rights-deal/

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024