Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Real Madrid observations 21:46 - Apr 17 with 4862 viewsNoDiddley

Ancelotti looks like a funeral director
Modric looks like a crack addict & Tony Kroos has bags under his eyes bigger than Tesco’s.
It’s what money & fame brings
Come on the Citeh
Real Madrid observations on 11:05 - Apr 18 with 1452 viewsGaryBannister86

Real Madrid observations on 11:02 - Apr 18 by daveB

yeah true but it's no underdog story with Madrid beating them, they are all as bad as each other

Quite like City as a team, really good to watch and love the manager but obviously those charges against them are not good, Also thought a really weird atmosphere, was almost silent at times for a game as big as that which they were dominating

Yeah I noticed that, but the City fans are a strange bunch compared to what they were like when they were rubbish. Much more fervent and loyal then, a bit like Leeds I always thought.

Now they have basically "completed" football - all the best players, all the trophies, I guess that it is never going to be the same again.

That's one thing we will never have to worry about.
Real Madrid observations on 11:07 - Apr 18 with 1444 viewsNorthernr

Real Madrid observations on 11:05 - Apr 18 by GaryBannister86

Yeah I noticed that, but the City fans are a strange bunch compared to what they were like when they were rubbish. Much more fervent and loyal then, a bit like Leeds I always thought.

Now they have basically "completed" football - all the best players, all the trophies, I guess that it is never going to be the same again.

That's one thing we will never have to worry about.

Running through Tooting Common the other night, after school kids football training - every other kid in a City shirt, in South London.

They've basically become everything they said they hated.
Real Madrid observations on 11:08 - Apr 18 with 1432 viewsmikeygunn

The Citeh fans wear the 115 charges as a badge of honour which is so weird. I’m still embarrassed how we essentially cheated. Also, my ex-wife family all support them. So fck em.
Real Madrid observations on 11:17 - Apr 18 with 1382 viewsPaddyhoops

Real Madrid observations on 11:07 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Running through Tooting Common the other night, after school kids football training - every other kid in a City shirt, in South London.

They've basically become everything they said they hated.

They might have a Citeh shirt but will they ever own a house?
That’s for an another thread.
Real Madrid observations on 11:20 - Apr 18 with 1347 viewstraininvain

Real Madrid observations on 11:02 - Apr 18 by daveB

yeah true but it's no underdog story with Madrid beating them, they are all as bad as each other

Quite like City as a team, really good to watch and love the manager but obviously those charges against them are not good, Also thought a really weird atmosphere, was almost silent at times for a game as big as that which they were dominating

I agree that Real Madrid are far from perfect. But 115 charges tell a story and it’s pretty obvious that City have cheated to assemble their squad. Two world class players in every position, hoarding talent to stop rivals signing players etc.

The reason they’ll probably win the league again is purely down to squad depth whilst their rivals visibly run out of steam because they’ve had to play their best players week in week out to maintain pace until this stage in the season. It happens every year without fail.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe the above has coloured my view but I find City incredibly boring to watch. They remind me of a Mourinho side, almost robot like with the non stop sideways passing until they find an opening. And the tactical fouls to stop counter attacks. Each to their own but it’s not for me.
Real Madrid observations on 11:56 - Apr 18 with 1275 viewsMrSheen

Real Madrid observations on 10:16 - Apr 18 by CamberleyR

No, this guy is.

The Boy Rubbish ! (c. Jack Charlton) Stout competition from Disco's dream-boat...

Real Madrid observations on 12:35 - Apr 18 with 1191 viewsDannyPaddox

Real Madrid observations on 10:16 - Apr 18 by CamberleyR

No, this guy is.

Funnily enough he reminds me of something more ecky-thump.
Real Madrid observations on 12:44 - Apr 18 with 1152 viewsTheChef

Real Madrid observations on 11:56 - Apr 18 by MrSheen

The Boy Rubbish ! (c. Jack Charlton) Stout competition from Disco's dream-boat...

I see your Briegel and raise you an Effenberg.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Real Madrid observations on 12:59 - Apr 18 with 1090 viewsDannyPaddox

Real Madrid observations on 12:44 - Apr 18 by TheChef

Effenberg winning so far but …

Yes a tinge ginge but look at the expression, Is it safe?
[Post edited 18 Apr 14:56]
Real Madrid observations on 13:13 - Apr 18 with 1037 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Cole Palmer would have scored his penalty so would Haaland and KDB but they were both sitting on the bench and CP sitting on his sofa watching tv.
What are the odds in England on him scoring against City on Saturday I bet pretty high.
For the love of the game it has to be Dortmond winning it all now
Real Madrid observations on 13:22 - Apr 18 with 1010 viewsslmrstid

Real Madrid observations on 12:59 - Apr 18 by DannyPaddox

To be fair I always thought these two looked pretty stereo-typically Teutonic...

Real Madrid observations on 13:25 - Apr 18 with 998 viewsTheChef

Real Madrid observations on 13:22 - Apr 18 by slmrstid

To be fair I always thought these two looked pretty stereo-typically Teutonic...

Can we have them back please?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Real Madrid observations on 13:37 - Apr 18 with 950 viewsstowmarketrange

Real Madrid observations on 11:20 - Apr 18 by traininvain

I agree that Real Madrid are far from perfect. But 115 charges tell a story and it’s pretty obvious that City have cheated to assemble their squad. Two world class players in every position, hoarding talent to stop rivals signing players etc.

The reason they’ll probably win the league again is purely down to squad depth whilst their rivals visibly run out of steam because they’ve had to play their best players week in week out to maintain pace until this stage in the season. It happens every year without fail.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and maybe the above has coloured my view but I find City incredibly boring to watch. They remind me of a Mourinho side, almost robot like with the non stop sideways passing until they find an opening. And the tactical fouls to stop counter attacks. Each to their own but it’s not for me.

How are Real Madrid,Barcelona and PSG allowed to get away with breaking every financial rule going while some of our clubs get caned for doing the same thing?
How many times have Madrid sold their training ground for millions just to buy the latest superstar?
Real Madrid observations on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 899 viewsR_from_afar

City's director of football to the City board: "You fools! I told you you should've let us breach FFP 116 times. If we'd done that, we would've been in semis. I said all along 115 breaches wouldn't be enough".

Ancelotti: What a man, and to think he was once manager of Everton!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Real Madrid observations on 14:03 - Apr 18 with 863 viewstraininvain

Real Madrid observations on 13:37 - Apr 18 by stowmarketrange

How are Real Madrid,Barcelona and PSG allowed to get away with breaking every financial rule going while some of our clubs get caned for doing the same thing?
How many times have Madrid sold their training ground for millions just to buy the latest superstar?

‘Our clubs’ aka Man City (and Chelsea) have been charged by the Premier League so this isn’t an England vs Europe situation.

115 charges against City over a 9 year period including failure to provide accurate and up to date financial information and failure to co-operate with Premier League investigations.

Innocent parties don’t usually refuse to co-operate with investigations. And it’s quite simple re the other clubs you’ve mentioned, if they’ve broken the rules then they’re cheats as well and should be charged.

And what about all the clubs in England and Europe who haven’t cheated but have been denied titles because of City and Chelsea’s cheating?
Real Madrid observations on 14:19 - Apr 18 with 803 viewsR_from_afar

Real Madrid observations on 12:59 - Apr 18 by DannyPaddox

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Real Madrid observations on 14:42 - Apr 18 with 772 viewsMrSheen

Real Madrid observations on 12:44 - Apr 18 by TheChef

Come off it, which gets into the Waffen SS?
Real Madrid observations on 14:43 - Apr 18 with 771 viewsMrSheen

Real Madrid observations on 14:19 - Apr 18 by R_from_afar

Plenty of choice in goal. Noble lineage.

Real Madrid observations on 15:48 - Apr 18 with 673 viewsstowmarketrange

Real Madrid observations on 14:03 - Apr 18 by traininvain

‘Our clubs’ aka Man City (and Chelsea) have been charged by the Premier League so this isn’t an England vs Europe situation.

115 charges against City over a 9 year period including failure to provide accurate and up to date financial information and failure to co-operate with Premier League investigations.

Innocent parties don’t usually refuse to co-operate with investigations. And it’s quite simple re the other clubs you’ve mentioned, if they’ve broken the rules then they’re cheats as well and should be charged.

And what about all the clubs in England and Europe who haven’t cheated but have been denied titles because of City and Chelsea’s cheating?

I’m not disputing that club’s cheating has cost other teams a chance of trophies,but Man City were charged by uefa a few years ago weren’t they?How can Madrid continually buy superstar players and get away with it?
Football is bent and broken at the top level and they might as well scrap it,or allow a free for all,and let the richest scoop all the trophies.
Real Madrid observations on 15:53 - Apr 18 with 644 viewsdaveB

If City are found guilty I have no sympathy for them at all but the top clubs in Spain and Italy have been doing this for years assembling the best players, that Real Madrid squad at the moment is insane the quality they have and they are signing more in the summer
Real Madrid observations on 15:56 - Apr 18 with 635 viewsdaveB

one thing I took away from that game was all the talk about England and anything less than winning the Euros this summer is a failure and would walk it with a manager as good as Pep. Well he has the best squad in Europe and is out in the quarter finals again, the beauty of sport is you can have everything in your favour, every advantage going and in a knockout competition you can easily end up with nothing because the draw hands you the other best team in the last 8 as happened to England in the last world cup and may well end up happening this summer as well.
Real Madrid observations on 16:05 - Apr 18 with 611 viewsPdog

Real Madrid observations on 15:56 - Apr 18 by daveB

one thing I took away from that game was all the talk about England and anything less than winning the Euros this summer is a failure and would walk it with a manager as good as Pep. Well he has the best squad in Europe and is out in the quarter finals again, the beauty of sport is you can have everything in your favour, every advantage going and in a knockout competition you can easily end up with nothing because the draw hands you the other best team in the last 8 as happened to England in the last world cup and may well end up happening this summer as well.

Agree, its x11 top class professionals against another x11 top class professionals over 90 minutes, nothing is ever guaranteed when margins are so slim.
Real Madrid observations on 16:17 - Apr 18 with 577 viewspaulparker

Real Madrid observations on 22:10 - Apr 17 by perpignanR

Is Tony Kroos the most German looking German you’ve ever seen?

I’d say Ronald Koeman is and he is Dutch , Koeman looks like he should be heading a panzer division into attack

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Real Madrid observations on 16:30 - Apr 18 with 545 viewslassel

I mean it feels a bit much to say they have 2 world class players in each position when in their squad of 22 last night they had a 37 year old 3rd goalie, an 18 year old, a 20 year old and a guy with 37 PL minutes all season on the bench.

It feels especially over the top when Real could bring on Eder Militao, Brahim Diaz and Luka Mosrix to freshen things up.
Real Madrid observations on 16:49 - Apr 18 with 496 viewstraininvain

Real Madrid observations on 16:30 - Apr 18 by lassel

I mean it feels a bit much to say they have 2 world class players in each position when in their squad of 22 last night they had a 37 year old 3rd goalie, an 18 year old, a 20 year old and a guy with 37 PL minutes all season on the bench.

It feels especially over the top when Real could bring on Eder Militao, Brahim Diaz and Luka Mosrix to freshen things up.

Ortega’s their no.2 keeper and would walk into most teams in Europe. He was on the bench last night alongside Carson who’s their third choice keeper so not really relevant to my point.

Other subs included: Stones, Ake, Kovacic, Doku, Alvarez and Nunes. That’s £250m+ worth of talent sat on the bench.

Maybe it’s stretching it to say they have two world class players in every position but I don’t see any other club with the same level of squad depth. Real are closer than most but they still struggle to compete.
[Post edited 18 Apr 16:50]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024