Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game 23:05 - Apr 20 with 2358 viewsbosh67

Bit childish to book Colback for literally tapping the ball 2 feet away. The handball would have been a bit soft and was for the lino to spot but otherwise, and I can''t believe I'm saying this, Gavin Ward wasn't terrible today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:07 - Apr 20 with 2075 viewsLongsufferingR

Penalty?
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:07 - Apr 20 with 2076 viewsPaddyhoops

Look like a penalty to us in the second half . Standing right behind it.
I think he got that one wrong.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:13 - Apr 20 with 2026 viewsAntti_Heinola

I've seen the handball again now and that is a diabolical decision. The player is miles away from the ball and had plenty of time to react, but he clearly deliberately stopped it with his arm.
Other than that, ref was ok i thought.

Bare bones.

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:19 - Apr 20 with 1975 viewsMrSheen

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:13 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

I've seen the handball again now and that is a diabolical decision. The player is miles away from the ball and had plenty of time to react, but he clearly deliberately stopped it with his arm.

He’d let Willock get away with a rebound off his hand coming out of defence about 15 minutes before. The Preston players appealed but he shook his head having seen it. He obviously thinks conscious intent is required, even if that’s isn’t the actual law.
[Post edited 20 Apr 23:19]
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:20 - Apr 20 with 1954 viewsRangersw12

I thought he was terrible and made so many wrong decisions which lucky for us lot went in our favour
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:31 - Apr 20 with 1893 viewsloftboy

He was fúcking awful

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:45 - Apr 20 with 1822 viewsrrrspricey

Does anyone know if he's a full-time ref?

Just finished watching the game I'd recorded, and, without knowing who the ref was, said to my Mrs that he really looks like a guy called Gavin Ward I'm working with on a nationwide project team.
[Post edited 20 Apr 23:47]
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 01:06 - Apr 21 with 1696 viewsHunterhoop

He is a shambolic ref.

You cannot get a more stonewall handball pen than that. If you can’t give that then what do you possibly give?!
Login to get fewer ads

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 01:08 - Apr 21 with 1689 viewsbob566

Gave everything to us bar the handball. Think dunne speared one of their players when they'd a good break and he waved play on
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:23 - Apr 21 with 1402 viewsLogman

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 01:08 - Apr 21 by bob566

Gave everything to us bar the handball. Think dunne speared one of their players when they'd a good break and he waved play on

Agree with this 100. Gave everything to us except the pen. What stood out for me though was the way he kept getting in the way !
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:28 - Apr 21 with 1377 viewspriceyparkrangers

I thought he was absolutely terrible. Missed a stonewall penalty. Let Brady get away with countless fouls. Only bonus was that he got plenty wrong that also helped us.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:33 - Apr 21 with 1359 viewsWatford_Ranger

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 01:08 - Apr 21 by bob566

Did he? Gave what looked (from my admittedly bad angle) an incredibly soft free kick in a dangerous position out wide. Did the usual thing of allowing some pretty meaty challenges off without a booking then lost control. The Colback booking looked like he was harangued by a Preston player into giving- didn’t look like he was stopping a quick free kick to me.

But I’m a tad biased against the bloke. He’s always been a weak little rat and will be for another decade at this level.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:46 - Apr 21 with 1300 viewsOldPedro

Soft booking for Colback especially when you consider that he allowed a couple of Preston players get away with the same thing. Also, the amount of dissent from the Preston players screaming at the ref and assistants was shocking and he did nothing about it.

The penalty appeal - I also thought the defender could have pulled his arm out of the way. Didn't he also give Preston a free kick when Field was fouled on the edge on the box?

I guess he wasn't as bad as he normally is but still poor.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 09:12 - Apr 21 with 1211 viewshubble

It all depends what lens you view his performance through. The fact that we won makes a huge difference. On that basis, I'd say he had a decent game, let play flow, and rightly put a curb on PNE shenanigans. I watched the game on the telly and when they replayed the 'handball' it would probably have been overturned by VAR, but in real time I think he gave it the benefit of the doubt - i.e. ball to hand. That moment apart, he wasn't too bad and as I say, he let the game flow. It certainly wasn't anywhere near a Stroud-class catastrophe, was it?

However, if we had lost, then it would be one of the worst performances ever and he would rejoin Stroud as an absolute c*nt of the highest order. But we didn't lose, we won... :)

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 09:25 - Apr 21 with 1130 viewsEsox_Lucius

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:45 - Apr 20 by rrrspricey

Does anyone know if he's a full-time ref?

Just finished watching the game I'd recorded, and, without knowing who the ref was, said to my Mrs that he really looks like a guy called Gavin Ward I'm working with on a nationwide project team.
[Post edited 20 Apr 23:47]

He is also the QPR Goalkeeping coach.

The grass is always greener.

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 09:38 - Apr 21 with 1078 viewslondonscottish

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 09:25 - Apr 21 by Esox_Lucius

He is also the QPR Goalkeeping coach.

And Preston's.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:10 - Apr 21 with 998 viewsdavman

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:33 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

Did he? Gave what looked (from my admittedly bad angle) an incredibly soft free kick in a dangerous position out wide. Did the usual thing of allowing some pretty meaty challenges off without a booking then lost control. The Colback booking looked like he was harangued by a Preston player into giving- didn’t look like he was stopping a quick free kick to me.

But I’m a tad biased against the bloke. He’s always been a weak little rat and will be for another decade at this level.

His weakness is EXACTLY what Watford says in this posts. He likes to "let the game flow" by letting lots of stuff go unpunished and is very lenient early on. Then he starts clamping down and gives a nonsense booking or two leading to confusion on what he will and won't tolerate.

We won, so his performance matters less to us, but he was very poor as per.
Aside from the handballs (the one in their pen area and the blatant ones by Willock and Anderson that went unpunished) can anyone tell me why Dykes was booked and Storey stayed on the pitch?
Inconsistently inconsistent THE biggest crime of a referee if you assume that they are not cheating...
[Post edited 21 Apr 12:44]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:27 - Apr 21 with 964 viewsQPR_Jim

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 08:46 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

Soft booking for Colback especially when you consider that he allowed a couple of Preston players get away with the same thing. Also, the amount of dissent from the Preston players screaming at the ref and assistants was shocking and he did nothing about it.

The penalty appeal - I also thought the defender could have pulled his arm out of the way. Didn't he also give Preston a free kick when Field was fouled on the edge on the box?

I guess he wasn't as bad as he normally is but still poor.

Trying to book a Stoke player, wave him over to talk 4 or 5 times then after he's ignored you, you go to him. Shows you how much the players respect him.

Thought he let too much go in the first half for him to then give Colback a booking for dissent showed how contrary he is as an official.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:32 - Apr 21 with 933 viewsNorthernr

First half Keane and Brady both committed several fouls I thought could have been bookings by themselves, and certainly should have added up to one. I leant across the aisle and said to Gaz "first thing Colback does here he'll book him straight away". 30 seconds later...

Bloke's a prick.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:34 - Apr 21 with 918 viewsOldPedro

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:10 - Apr 21 by davman

His weakness is EXACTLY what Watford says in this posts. He likes to "let the game flow" by letting lots of stuff go unpunished and is very lenient early on. Then he starts clamping down and gives a nonsense booking or two leading to confusion on what he will and won't tolerate.

We won, so his performance matters less to us, but he was very poor as per.
Aside from the handballs (the one in their pen area and the blatant ones by Willock and Anderson that went unpunished) can anyone tell me why Dykes was booked and Storey stayed on the pitch?
Inconsistently inconsistent THE biggest crime of a referee if you assume that they are not cheating...
[Post edited 21 Apr 12:44]

Ward took the easy option of a yellow for both when Storey had elbowed Dykes in the face, the pushed a hand in his face and then a hand on his neck.

Then after Dykes had pulled Storeys foot, he put is head to Dykes' head. All that combined should have been a red for Storey, but the ref bottled it.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:49 - Apr 21 with 871 viewsWatford_Ranger

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:34 - Apr 21 by OldPedro

Ward took the easy option of a yellow for both when Storey had elbowed Dykes in the face, the pushed a hand in his face and then a hand on his neck.

Then after Dykes had pulled Storeys foot, he put is head to Dykes' head. All that combined should have been a red for Storey, but the ref bottled it.

Annoying when that happens. He clearly had no idea what had happened so a booking for both makes it seem like he’s done something. If you don’t see anything then don’t book anyone.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 11:55 - Apr 21 with 761 viewssaxbend

I thought he was his usual self. It just didn't do as us much harm as usual.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 12:01 - Apr 21 with 744 viewsPaddyhoops

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 10:32 - Apr 21 by Northernr

First half Keane and Brady both committed several fouls I thought could have been bookings by themselves, and certainly should have added up to one. I leant across the aisle and said to Gaz "first thing Colback does here he'll book him straight away". 30 seconds later...

Bloke's a prick.

Seen the non award of the penalty again.
It’s a penalty every time. He moves his upper arm towards the ball.
He bottled it . The fact nobody was in the middle to receive the intended cross probably swayed his decision.
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 12:24 - Apr 21 with 678 viewsWatford_Ranger

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 12:01 - Apr 21 by Paddyhoops

Seen the non award of the penalty again.
It’s a penalty every time. He moves his upper arm towards the ball.
He bottled it . The fact nobody was in the middle to receive the intended cross probably swayed his decision.

Quite similar to the one we got against West Brom but when the one at Ipswich isn’t given I don’t really expect them.

FWIW I’d rather that offence is given as an indirect FK which is a fairer punishment and refs won’t bottle giving them (as often).
[Post edited 21 Apr 12:24]
Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 12:38 - Apr 21 with 629 viewsNed_Kennedys

Shock as Gavin Ward doesn't have a terrible game on 23:13 - Apr 20 by Antti_Heinola

Never thought it was a penalty from where I was in Lower Loft and having watched the highlights it’s also never a penalty. Defender was trying to put his arm behind his back and arm wasn’t far from his side. We’d be going apesh1t if it was the other way round and a penalty had been given against us.

Thought referee did much better than any QPR fan would’ve expected.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024