Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep 07:35 - Apr 21 with 15572 viewshoops_legend

Now that we are all but safe - it’s important to look at next season

Personally I actually like and think most of our first team is good enough and passionate enough about QPR and with a summer of Martis coaching - will be a lot better next

Priority has to be keeping Chair, willock, JCS and Cook who personally I think are the key to next season, fantastic defensive pairing and also flair and creative play up top

We need two strikers however as we need to see more clinical finishing and I think depending on anderson we need to bolster our midfield a bit more

Also need a new keeper - begovic has been fine (bar the odd clanger) but time to move on (see Begovic thread!)

So what do we do to keep the above four and ensure we are competitive for play offs
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:26 - Apr 22 with 1991 viewsLazyFan

All guesswork but ...

If JCS gets a long-term injury again, then his stock value will go down, and I think after next season, he has one season left. No, we need to sell him now if the money is north of £5m.

Selling Paal is also a good idea, as others rate him, and he seems to have lost form.
We need to cash in on him now, if we get anything over £2m then that's a great deal.

Hopefully, Chair's conviction will be appealed, and that goes away as he needs to be sold.

Willock will go to someone like Hull. Smart young manager who has to send his expensive Prem loans back, so he needs a freebie and is looking to get promoted. Also, they will pay some of the big money signing fees and wages for him. Or he will go even better and be at Burnley. I would be really surprised if he stays. Willock can do a Manning and get into a relegated Prem club with a chance of breaking into the team and getting into the Prem finally.

Hopefully, Pep buys Eze; we can then use all those funds to rebuild the young side of the squad and get a proper forward in for Dykes, who also needs to go, probably at a loss like Dickie. Getting Asmir's wages off the books will be great as well.

zzzzzzzzzz

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 11:41 - Apr 22 with 1929 viewsdmm

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 09:40 - Apr 22 by Andybrat

Ever the optimist and assuming we don’t fall off a cliff with the worst set of results in the final 2 games. I am assuming Marti watches the development squad with interest, hoping Kolli fit at the start of the season ( what injury did he get?) and some others must be knocking on the door. I think this is where potentially Marti will shine. As I say ever the optimist but the development squad have an winning mentality and goals within them. Saw the note about Willock staying if we stay up, anyone know if that has any element of fact?

I also hold high hopes for Kolli. I don't know the nature of his injury but given he's been out with it for some time it must be a bad one.

In my view, apart from Kolli, there are two youngsters in the current crop who might make it with us, or at least be retained to be sent out on loan. Alex Aoraha, who sadly broke his leg a while ago, and Steve Bala. Lorent Talla and Matteo Salamon are coming on well, but still on the young side. Alfie Tuck, who made his way into the Dev Squad from the U18s only a few months ago looks a very good prospect but is still making his way.

I know nothing more than anyone else about Willock, but although it would be great if he did stay, I do expect him to leave.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 19:46 - Apr 22 with 1739 viewsSuperhoops2808

What makes me chuckle here is start of every season we have a clamouring for a good defender and a good striker.

We have the defender and now we want to sell him.

We need to keep the solid players we have, and add some good youngsters around them. If we sell off all our family silver we will be looking over our shoulder again next season.

I think Marti will know what he needs/wants and will do the necessary required. Lets be fair he had a good January so let him get on with it.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 21:37 - Apr 22 with 1619 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 19:46 - Apr 22 by Superhoops2808

What makes me chuckle here is start of every season we have a clamouring for a good defender and a good striker.

We need to keep the solid players we have, and add some good youngsters around them. If we sell off all our family silver we will be looking over our shoulder again next season.

I think Marti will know what he needs/wants and will do the necessary required. Lets be fair he had a good January so let him get on with it.

Funny how whenever I make similar, moderate arguments for balance and perspective (if only to remind us this is a glory-seeking sport not merely an exercise in onanising over balance sheets), I'm told by the 'realists' here that this thing about, I don't know, building a team is just pie in the sky and we need to keep sawing off the branch on which we sit to 'progress'. (Usually with the rider that 'how many times do you have to be told etc?', as If I were some kind of errant child rather than an opinionated devil's advocate pointing out the one-sided/one-eyed monotony of the self-appointed adults in the room.)

With that in mind, with radical views like yours, probably best to watch your back, old son!
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:39]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 00:44 - Apr 23 with 1533 viewsrbee

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 21:37 - Apr 22 by stainrods_elbow

Funny how whenever I make similar, moderate arguments for balance and perspective (if only to remind us this is a glory-seeking sport not merely an exercise in onanising over balance sheets), I'm told by the 'realists' here that this thing about, I don't know, building a team is just pie in the sky and we need to keep sawing off the branch on which we sit to 'progress'. (Usually with the rider that 'how many times do you have to be told etc?', as If I were some kind of errant child rather than an opinionated devil's advocate pointing out the one-sided/one-eyed monotony of the self-appointed adults in the room.)

With that in mind, with radical views like yours, probably best to watch your back, old son!
[Post edited 22 Apr 21:39]

There will be a large turnover in the squad this summer including plenty of players at the end of their contracts, including Begovic, Adomah, and Dozzell which will free up a lot of salary funds.

The profit and sustainability situation will ease a lot as we begin another three year cycle, three years ago the club overspent attempting to get Warburton's team promoted.

The increased TV money will also help but it will help every club in the division.

Marti will know who he wants to keep and the club will have targets in mind. I can see no reason why Hayden couldn't stay, Newcastle don't want him, he has said that he wants to stay so will be aware of the salary the club can offer.

So we don't have to sell next season unless good offers are received and Marti is willing to let players go.

My feeling is that the club made a mistake investing heavily on Warburton's promotion push, yes I know hindsight etc, invested heavily on Beale's bullshit and so will not make the same mistake a third time. So long as Marti is in for the long haul then he can build his squad slowly and we can sign more Fields, Dunnes, Cooks and Andersens.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 00:54 - Apr 23 with 1496 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:26 - Apr 22 by LazyFan

All guesswork but ...

If JCS gets a long-term injury again, then his stock value will go down, and I think after next season, he has one season left. No, we need to sell him now if the money is north of £5m.

Selling Paal is also a good idea, as others rate him, and he seems to have lost form.
We need to cash in on him now, if we get anything over £2m then that's a great deal.

Hopefully, Chair's conviction will be appealed, and that goes away as he needs to be sold.

Willock will go to someone like Hull. Smart young manager who has to send his expensive Prem loans back, so he needs a freebie and is looking to get promoted. Also, they will pay some of the big money signing fees and wages for him. Or he will go even better and be at Burnley. I would be really surprised if he stays. Willock can do a Manning and get into a relegated Prem club with a chance of breaking into the team and getting into the Prem finally.

Hopefully, Pep buys Eze; we can then use all those funds to rebuild the young side of the squad and get a proper forward in for Dykes, who also needs to go, probably at a loss like Dickie. Getting Asmir's wages off the books will be great as well.

So your strategy is sell JCS, Willock, Chair (if he doesn't go to jail, pass Go etc. etc.), Paal, Begs and Dykes, and bring in (maybe) a decent striker for the first time since 1485! Brilliant! Perhaps we could flog Jude the Cat, the Blue and White Club, and the ghost of Stan while we're at it? I'm sure that'll keep us in business for another 6 months while we sink through the leagues.

Are you Richard Thompson (barely) in disguise?
[Post edited 23 Apr 0:56]

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:26 - Apr 23 with 1368 viewsrobith

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 19:46 - Apr 22 by Superhoops2808

Our model needs to be getting good money for players when they're hot, and using it to reinvest in the next potential hot player.

We'd all love to keep JCS, but having held on to Willock, Chair etc beyond their hot patch I think we've all cottoned on that this would be a great patch to get a good price, and give it to Noury and Marti to reinvest
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:51 - Apr 23 with 1338 viewsChrisNW6

Has JCS stock risen that high yet? 26yrs old and first time he's managed more than 30 games in a season. I am hoping he and Cook get another solid season together before we need to think about selling him. Obviously if his stats warrant a £3-4m bid then we probably need to sell, but It would still be a gamble for any club with his injury history.
Login to get fewer ads

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:23 - Apr 23 with 1192 viewsLongRanger

We all get drawn on the cash in or roll the dice debate, but ultimately for a club to be financially sound they need to be successful, to be successful you need decent players. So for me it all centres around a players form, age and years on contract.

If they have been ok this year, when its been bad, with Marti from the off next season, they should all be better, leading to their market values increasing...if they're under 30 and still have 2 years on contract. Any less and they depreciate rapidly.

This season has been so bad, but some players have done ok, e.g. JCS, Chair, Dunne, Willock. Therefore, based on the point above, I'd offer them all contract extensions that take them up to 4 years. If they sign happy days, as we need good players, if they won't sign, we sell them with 2 years left on contract to get maximum value regardless of form.

The idea that this summer we cash in on JCS because he stayed fit, but he won't next year seems illogical, he was fit this year, so can be next year.

If they're 30+, they get a maximum 2 years as they have no resale value, so you always let it run to zero, if they're fit and doing well, extend it for another 1 or 2 years.

This might not be exactly right, but if the club adopt this sort of fixed model, it takes the emotion out of it, and fans can stop concerning themselves with having to choose between income and success and instead just focus on wanting the best possible players on the pitch, and being successful.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:56 - Apr 23 with 1090 viewsrobith

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 10:51 - Apr 23 by ChrisNW6

Has JCS stock risen that high yet? 26yrs old and first time he's managed more than 30 games in a season. I am hoping he and Cook get another solid season together before we need to think about selling him. Obviously if his stats warrant a £3-4m bid then we probably need to sell, but It would still be a gamble for any club with his injury history.

He's deffo posted good stats since Jan, he'll be on a few algorithm hitlists imo
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:06 - Apr 23 with 1046 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:23 - Apr 23 by LongRanger

We all get drawn on the cash in or roll the dice debate, but ultimately for a club to be financially sound they need to be successful, to be successful you need decent players. So for me it all centres around a players form, age and years on contract.

If they have been ok this year, when its been bad, with Marti from the off next season, they should all be better, leading to their market values increasing...if they're under 30 and still have 2 years on contract. Any less and they depreciate rapidly.

This season has been so bad, but some players have done ok, e.g. JCS, Chair, Dunne, Willock. Therefore, based on the point above, I'd offer them all contract extensions that take them up to 4 years. If they sign happy days, as we need good players, if they won't sign, we sell them with 2 years left on contract to get maximum value regardless of form.

The idea that this summer we cash in on JCS because he stayed fit, but he won't next year seems illogical, he was fit this year, so can be next year.

If they're 30+, they get a maximum 2 years as they have no resale value, so you always let it run to zero, if they're fit and doing well, extend it for another 1 or 2 years.

This might not be exactly right, but if the club adopt this sort of fixed model, it takes the emotion out of it, and fans can stop concerning themselves with having to choose between income and success and instead just focus on wanting the best possible players on the pitch, and being successful.

All very sensible, balanced, and probably the best blueprint for the way to go I've read on this rumbunctious platform.
[Post edited 23 Apr 17:28]

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:29 - Apr 23 with 1013 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 14:23 - Apr 23 by LongRanger

I think some fans are still not quite understanding how much we are losing. If a good bid comes in, it is not about making a choice: player is sold, simple as that. We're not potentially selling JCS in case he gets injured next season, we're potentially selling him because we will make a handsome profit in doing so, allowing us to re-invest and make the team stronger.

As for this season being 'very bad', I'd dispute that. The first period under Ainsworth was certainly 'very bad' - worse than that, in fact. But under Marti we have been a solid, average Championship side that likely would have been safe some time in March had he had a full season with this team. We have played very poorly at times (Millwall, Stoke, Sheff Wed), been very good at times (Leicester, WBA) and been competitive in almost every other game.

If we trust Marti, and I think we do, there is no emotion required if we receive a proper bid for a player: we sell, we run the club more sustainably, we re-invest. It's not even an argument in reality, however much some posters might like to present it as such.

Bare bones.

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:34 - Apr 23 with 978 viewsrobith

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:29 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

I think some fans are still not quite understanding how much we are losing. If a good bid comes in, it is not about making a choice: player is sold, simple as that. We're not potentially selling JCS in case he gets injured next season, we're potentially selling him because we will make a handsome profit in doing so, allowing us to re-invest and make the team stronger.

As for this season being 'very bad', I'd dispute that. The first period under Ainsworth was certainly 'very bad' - worse than that, in fact. But under Marti we have been a solid, average Championship side that likely would have been safe some time in March had he had a full season with this team. We have played very poorly at times (Millwall, Stoke, Sheff Wed), been very good at times (Leicester, WBA) and been competitive in almost every other game.

If we trust Marti, and I think we do, there is no emotion required if we receive a proper bid for a player: we sell, we run the club more sustainably, we re-invest. It's not even an argument in reality, however much some posters might like to present it as such.

Aye the choice isn't if JCS gets injured, it's "Is the team without JCS and maybe like £2m to invest stronger?". I'd take a punt on yes
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:48 - Apr 23 with 933 viewsdaveB

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 00:54 - Apr 23 by stainrods_elbow

So your strategy is sell JCS, Willock, Chair (if he doesn't go to jail, pass Go etc. etc.), Paal, Begs and Dykes, and bring in (maybe) a decent striker for the first time since 1485! Brilliant! Perhaps we could flog Jude the Cat, the Blue and White Club, and the ghost of Stan while we're at it? I'm sure that'll keep us in business for another 6 months while we sink through the leagues.

Are you Richard Thompson (barely) in disguise?
[Post edited 23 Apr 0:56]

The alternative is stick with the same crap who got us in this mess and hope for the best again

We're in this mess partly because we hardly ever sell anyone so if we get the chance this summer we should absolutely cash in and look to rebuild
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:50 - Apr 23 with 925 viewsSharpediver

is there really going to be a line of clubs after any of our players ? Even our better players ? E.g. JCS (injury prone), Willock (half-arsed), Chair (hit or miss). Maybe some paltry offers but millions for these guys? Really? I wouldn't buy them.

I would take decent money for any of them if it's offered, but that is unlikely, so we're probably stuck with them for better or for worse. With better players around them and better management they're likely to be better too. Chair, Willock and Dykes were a terrific unit for a while under Warbs and are all still young enough to succeed here, but I truly doubt any clubs at this level have the money (or FFP headroom), to risk big on any of them. Premiership level? No chance.

The out of contract ones will all go - this will save serious money on salaries and allow Marti to bring in a few gems hopefully. Maybe even some extra Eze money could be incoming, which would be an incredible bonus, as long as we didn't blow it all again like last time.

I'd take a mid table/top 10 finish next season (if Marti stays) with some credible signs of continued progress as a very good one indeed. Play off tilt not impossible but I wouldn't be expecting it. Coventry fan at work is still gutted about Sunday and they're unlikely to make the play-offs, but surely we'd kill for a season like that within the next few years? That's got to be our long term aim. Seriously competitive, entertaining and sustainable. On the other plus side, the crowds and atmosphere at Loftus Road have been as good as I can ever remember. Imagine if we can re-create this buzz next season with a team performing better?

In the meantime, let's just stuff Leeds on Friday. I could cut this lot of players a great deal more slack if they do that for us.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 16:37 - Apr 23 with 844 viewssaxbend

I don't think very many players could be considered surplus to requirements. We don't need to keep both of Kakay and Drewe. We may want to keep one. Based on team selection Marti would probably choose to keep Drewe if either of them.

Since Hayden and Hodge are only here on loan until the end of the season I am sure we'll be keeping Dixon-Bonner.

If we have a specific keeper we're about to bring in (Nigerian Stanley, or Viktor Johansson - though I'm sure half the championship will be pursuing him) then we could release Begovic, though for all his faults he is far better than our current alternative options.

Similar with Dykes. No point letting him go and then expecting Armstrong, Frey and eventually Kolli to be our entire strike force for 46+ games.

Fox is essential to allow us to keep Cook and JCS fit all season. Cannon too, even if Dunne becomes our first choice right back.

I imagine Larkeche has another year or more on his contract. We could probably manage without him, but I doubt we'd get any offers for him until he's played enough games for us to want to keep him anyway.

Adomah will probably transition into coaching. I would love to see him do that at Heston.

Of course that all changes if we have a target or two and a way to free up the funds to bring them in. I am looking forward to seeing what Marti and the board come up with over the summer. Especially if Willock signs a new deal and Chair's legal case fizzles out without him having to disappear for any length of time.

EDIT:

I forgot about players we're already coping without. Seems we don't need Dozzell at all. Or Kelman.

I would love to see Duke-McKenna stay and flourish, but he's clearly not part of Marti's plans.
[Post edited 23 Apr 16:47]
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 16:46 - Apr 23 with 831 viewsStainrod

We are losing fortunes and also need to sign players (especially a striker who is mildly less shite than Dykes). Therefore we have to sell if given the chance. Its no secret every one of our players is for sale. Its ever been thus - Bowles, Allen, Goddard, Peacock, Les etc.

The Warburton year where we gambled on a very unlikely promotion is why we have been in such a mess. The bigger worry is that no one comes in for any of our players, so making it very hard to build. The money has died in the Championship so its either a Prem/Parachutte club buying or barely worth doing.

Do fans objecting to our stated model really think Brentford fans were delighted to sell Watkins? But do you think they learned to stop moaning when they replaced him with Toney?

Of course this club has been terrible at doing that. But a decade late we might finally have some reasonably intelligent people (CEO - I'm looking at you) who will make shrewd, data-drive decisions.

You at least have to try, because what is the alternative? Eze sold possibly, but he can't keep bailing us out forever. (Brentford have sold on 5 maybe 10 Ezes). Sooner or later we are going to have to get back to doing what we once did so well: develop, sell, re-invest (think Sinton out, Sinclair in).

Its hard to do and sad to see good players go - but we aren't Chelsea so not sure what some fans don't get about our predicament? To misquote Bertrand Russel "we have already established what kind of club you are, sir, now we are merely haggling about the price."
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 16:53 - Apr 23 with 814 viewssaxbend

The reason we shouldn't think too much about the Brentford model, is that when Brentford get £30m for Watkins and £12m for Maupay, most clubs, including ourselves are lucky to get £4/5m for our best players. Even Eze required a sell-on that hasn't happened yet and may not for all we know to take the figure above £20m and he is light-years ahead of anyone we have previously sold (Freeman, Austin).

Selling players doesn't make you Brentford. Having the necessary photographs or other coercive means to get clubs to pay well over the odds for your players does. We don't have that in us. It's not a criticism. Not many clubs do.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:02 - Apr 23 with 773 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 16:46 - Apr 23 by Stainrod

We are losing fortunes and also need to sign players (especially a striker who is mildly less shite than Dykes). Therefore we have to sell if given the chance. Its no secret every one of our players is for sale. Its ever been thus - Bowles, Allen, Goddard, Peacock, Les etc.

The Warburton year where we gambled on a very unlikely promotion is why we have been in such a mess. The bigger worry is that no one comes in for any of our players, so making it very hard to build. The money has died in the Championship so its either a Prem/Parachutte club buying or barely worth doing.

Do fans objecting to our stated model really think Brentford fans were delighted to sell Watkins? But do you think they learned to stop moaning when they replaced him with Toney?

Of course this club has been terrible at doing that. But a decade late we might finally have some reasonably intelligent people (CEO - I'm looking at you) who will make shrewd, data-drive decisions.

You at least have to try, because what is the alternative? Eze sold possibly, but he can't keep bailing us out forever. (Brentford have sold on 5 maybe 10 Ezes). Sooner or later we are going to have to get back to doing what we once did so well: develop, sell, re-invest (think Sinton out, Sinclair in).

Its hard to do and sad to see good players go - but we aren't Chelsea so not sure what some fans don't get about our predicament? To misquote Bertrand Russel "we have already established what kind of club you are, sir, now we are merely haggling about the price."

Again, it wasn't the Warburton year. That year we had made space to be able to try it (and we were top 4 until late Feb - it wasn't that unlikely. I'm very pessimistic, but in Feb I was not booking any holidays and was convinced we'd make play-offs at least: for a year we'd had an excellent record). It was the end of the Warbs year: we tried, it failed, we had to sell *then* - we didn't, because Beale convinced them not to.

Bare bones.

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:06 - Apr 23 with 752 viewsAntti_Heinola

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 16:37 - Apr 23 by saxbend

I don't think very many players could be considered surplus to requirements. We don't need to keep both of Kakay and Drewe. We may want to keep one. Based on team selection Marti would probably choose to keep Drewe if either of them.

Since Hayden and Hodge are only here on loan until the end of the season I am sure we'll be keeping Dixon-Bonner.

If we have a specific keeper we're about to bring in (Nigerian Stanley, or Viktor Johansson - though I'm sure half the championship will be pursuing him) then we could release Begovic, though for all his faults he is far better than our current alternative options.

Similar with Dykes. No point letting him go and then expecting Armstrong, Frey and eventually Kolli to be our entire strike force for 46+ games.

Fox is essential to allow us to keep Cook and JCS fit all season. Cannon too, even if Dunne becomes our first choice right back.

I imagine Larkeche has another year or more on his contract. We could probably manage without him, but I doubt we'd get any offers for him until he's played enough games for us to want to keep him anyway.

Adomah will probably transition into coaching. I would love to see him do that at Heston.

Of course that all changes if we have a target or two and a way to free up the funds to bring them in. I am looking forward to seeing what Marti and the board come up with over the summer. Especially if Willock signs a new deal and Chair's legal case fizzles out without him having to disappear for any length of time.

EDIT:

I forgot about players we're already coping without. Seems we don't need Dozzell at all. Or Kelman.

I would love to see Duke-McKenna stay and flourish, but he's clearly not part of Marti's plans.
[Post edited 23 Apr 16:47]

Can't agree with a lot of that. While our top 15 players are good enough, we cannot go around carrying passengers like Kakay, Drewe, SDM, Begovic, and I have to say, EDB, although he showed some promise earlier in the season. Almost all of those out of contract should probably go.

We will have to try and sign a striker, which means at least one of the current 3 will go. That is most likely to be Dykes.

Kelman has already ludicrously signed an extension: hopefully we won't be repeating any more of that nonsense.

Bare bones.

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:11 - Apr 23 with 744 viewsStainrod

Well we turned four loans for senior players into permanent deals on extended contracts (some of which we had to buy out, such as Stef). We also wasted large loan/ wages on the that waster of a striker from Watford. You might have cancelled your holiday but not sure I truly believed we had enough to go up (albeit we did very well over a calendar year). But agree we should also have cashed in on Willock, Chair etc at the start of Beale's reign. But as so often at this club, the manager gets to decide.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:26 - Apr 23 with 710 viewsNed_Kennedys

We are losing £2 million a month and sailing very close to failing FFP.

If we get a decent offer for any of our players we need to seriously consider selling.

Ideally I would sell chair and Dykes and keep JCS if finances allow but it all depends if we get any interest of course.

Would not keep any of the out of contract players apart from Dunne and Armstrong who you’d assume have been offered new contracts.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:31 - Apr 23 with 705 viewsStainrod

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:06 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Can't agree with a lot of that. While our top 15 players are good enough, we cannot go around carrying passengers like Kakay, Drewe, SDM, Begovic, and I have to say, EDB, although he showed some promise earlier in the season. Almost all of those out of contract should probably go.

We will have to try and sign a striker, which means at least one of the current 3 will go. That is most likely to be Dykes.

Kelman has already ludicrously signed an extension: hopefully we won't be repeating any more of that nonsense.

When you say Dykes will need to be "let go", if only it were so simple. He (like Kelman) was given a new deal. Allegedly we even turned down actual real money for Dykes, which is just one of those things best filed away and not thought about too often or it could make the holder of such thoughts physically ill. Someone will need to buy him and is anyone with any money really mad enough to sign a striker who has failed to score away in over 50 starts and currently has one goal in 16? I fear we are stuck with a lot more of these players than we would like.
Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:35 - Apr 23 with 684 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:29 - Apr 23 by Antti_Heinola

Good luck with your alien/neoliberal 'no emotion required' version of fandom (the clue is in the word, by the way, which means fanatic, not perpetually fanning the flames of passion and adventure), but you don't speak for me and one or two like-minded others here, however solemnly you like to frame your moral high ground realism and majoritarian pragmatisim. As another poster was sensibly ruminating, There's an argument to be had at the very least between dice-rolling and dreary, asset-stripping realism in this domain, whether you recognise it or not.

It's incredibly hard to sell your best players and remain competitive, or everyone would be doing it, not just the likes of Brentford, Luton and Bournemouth once in a blue moon. To coin a phrase I learned here, how many times do you need to be told?

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 17:39 - Apr 23 with 672 viewsstainrods_elbow

Next season - 4 key players for us to keep on 15:34 - Apr 23 by robith

Aye the choice isn't if JCS gets injured, it's "Is the team without JCS and maybe like £2m to invest stronger?". I'd take a punt on yes

I don't want to take a 'punt' in anything when it's not needed. JCS and Cook, under Marti, were the biggest reason for our turnaround this season, and have to be our defensive partnership next season too, as we are highly unlikely to improve on them. Sell Dykes, offload Bergovic, loan out Armstrong, and possibly entertain bids for Field and/or Paal, and we go from there from what ought to be a very real(istic) financial and playing platform. The nucleus for next season, and any squad needs a nucleus, need sto be the two centre backs, Chair, Willock, Andersen and Colback.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024