Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday's third goal 16:27 - Apr 21 with 4564 viewsbosh67

Obviously needs to be an investigation as it appears Wednesday were playing with 12 men with the 12th man being a poltergeist. Never seen a ball do that without a bobble or anything off the keeper's boot. Absolutely weird.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wednesday's third goal on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 4285 viewsterryb

I believe it was his entry into the competition of which Championship goalkeeper can make the worst mistake!

IMO he takes first position.
Wednesday's third goal on 16:41 - Apr 21 with 4167 viewsLimehouseR

It looks to me like he had a perfectly good chance to grab the ball after the slice but prior to it going in the net but kind of, didn't. Looks more and more suspect every time I watch it.
Wednesday's third goal on 16:55 - Apr 21 with 4031 viewsMrSheen

Wednesday's third goal on 16:41 - Apr 21 by LimehouseR

It looks to me like he had a perfectly good chance to grab the ball after the slice but prior to it going in the net but kind of, didn't. Looks more and more suspect every time I watch it.

I thought it spun back into him as he turned after it. So two touches not one.
Wednesday's third goal on 17:00 - Apr 21 with 3977 viewsWatfordR

I'd tend to agree. And after Woodman's performance at ours yesterday, you do wonder...
Wednesday's third goal on 17:10 - Apr 21 with 3883 viewsWatford_Ranger

Think he panicked about going for it with his hand and just ended up looking stupid. Imagine being a Birmingham fan watching Woodman and then that. Imagine being a Birmingham fan. Imagine being from Birmingham.
Wednesday's third goal on 17:11 - Apr 21 with 3872 viewsloftboy

Couldn’t pick it up, it was a backpass

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wednesday's third goal on 17:58 - Apr 21 with 3649 viewshoops_legend

Wednesday's third goal on 17:11 - Apr 21 by loftboy

Nothing suspect about it but it was a clanger

Makes you realise begovic isn’t the the Chelsea c*nt we all claimed he was the other week. can happen to all keepers
Wednesday's third goal on 18:59 - Apr 21 with 3439 viewsmart_Goblin

Wednesday's third goal on 17:11 - Apr 21 by loftboy

Giving a way an indirect free kick with all 11 on the line is favourable to conceding a third is it not???
Login to get fewer ads

Wednesday's third goal on 20:55 - Apr 21 with 3085 viewsSK_hoops

Wednesday's third goal on 17:10 - Apr 21 by Watford_Ranger

Think he panicked about going for it with his hand and just ended up looking stupid. Imagine being a Birmingham fan watching Woodman and then that. Imagine being a Birmingham fan. Imagine being from Birmingham.

I love Birmingham. Gets a bad rep.
[Post edited 21 Apr 20:56]
Wednesday's third goal on 16:51 - Apr 22 with 2428 viewsQPR_John

Wednesday's third goal on 18:59 - Apr 21 by mart_Goblin

Giving a way an indirect free kick with all 11 on the line is favourable to conceding a third is it not???

Obviously true but would he not be guilty of stopping a goal scoring opportunity no different from a defender handling on the line. I’ve often wondered about this generally if a keeper handles from a back pass that stops the ball going over the line. Maybe the fact it is only penalised by an indirect free kick changes the situation.
[Post edited 22 Apr 16:57]
Wednesday's third goal on 16:54 - Apr 22 with 2408 viewsTheChef

Does look dodgy but then Blackburn are in the sh1t as well so what do they benefit from it? Unless the keeper personally has been thrown a bung (allegedly m'lud).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Wednesday's third goal on 17:37 - Apr 22 with 2229 viewsBklynRanger

Would assume he didn't realise the amount of spin he'd put on it with his initial massive slice.

Thought he could get it under control with his knee/thigh but the ball had other ideas by that point.
Wednesday's third goal on 14:31 - Apr 24 with 1850 viewssaxbend

What do the rules say about picking up a backpass after kicking it? I can't imagine there being a loophole allowing a keeper to circumvent the backpass rule by touching it with his foot first. I would not be surprised if Pears didn't try to grab the ball for this reason, as it would probably be seen as a professional foul with the ball on its way in.
Wednesday's third goal on 14:58 - Apr 24 with 1728 viewsTheChef

Wednesday's third goal on 14:31 - Apr 24 by saxbend

What do the rules say about picking up a backpass after kicking it? I can't imagine there being a loophole allowing a keeper to circumvent the backpass rule by touching it with his foot first. I would not be surprised if Pears didn't try to grab the ball for this reason, as it would probably be seen as a professional foul with the ball on its way in.

He could still easily have kicked/punched flapped the ball away.

And yet he chose not to.

Wednesday's third goal on 15:15 - Apr 24 with 1660 viewsslmrstid

What intrigues me is what the official is saying to him after that.

"Hard luck son"?

"Thanks for getting me out the sh*t, no-one's going to abuse me for reffing now after you've done that"

Anything else?!
Wednesday's third goal on 15:19 - Apr 24 with 1636 viewsstowmarketrange

Wednesday's third goal on 16:54 - Apr 22 by TheChef

Does look dodgy but then Blackburn are in the sh1t as well so what do they benefit from it? Unless the keeper personally has been thrown a bung (allegedly m'lud).

If the Preston keeper had been thrown a bung he would’ve dropped it.
Wednesday's third goal on 16:03 - Apr 24 with 1522 viewsloftboy

Wednesday's third goal on 14:58 - Apr 24 by TheChef

He could still easily have kicked/punched flapped the ball away.

And yet he chose not to.

Cant touch it with his hands it’s a backpass
[Post edited 24 Apr 16:04]

Wednesday's third goal on 16:50 - Apr 24 with 1427 viewsTheChef

Wednesday's third goal on 16:03 - Apr 24 by loftboy

Thought he could touch it as long as he's not holding the ball?

Wednesday's third goal on 16:51 - Apr 24 with 1427 viewsterryb

Wednesday's third goal on 16:03 - Apr 24 by loftboy

But an indirect free kick is better than a goal. It might have benn a sending off though!
Wednesday's third goal on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 1394 viewsloftboy

Wednesday's third goal on 16:50 - Apr 24 by TheChef

Thought he could touch it as long as he's not holding the ball?

Nope, hence keepers often have to control mis hit backpasses with their chest or head

Wednesday's third goal on 19:42 - Apr 24 with 1146 viewsed_83

Does anyone remember an own goal at Loftus Road that was a bit like this? Would have been early 90s, a defender on the opposing team tried to clear the ball, but it hit a bobble so he sliced it just like this one. I can vividly remember the ball curving round the goalie then turning into the net, almost like a spin bowler in cricket, but I would have only been 9 or 10 at the time so can’t remember the details. Am I going mad?
Wednesday's third goal on 20:25 - Apr 24 with 1042 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wednesday's third goal on 16:51 - Apr 24 by terryb

But an indirect free kick is better than a goal. It might have benn a sending off though!

No card in that situation. Indirect FK from where he handles or from six yards I believe if closer to goal.

Reading the backpass laws in a lull in the Everton game I knew a player couldn’t flick a ball up and head it back to avoid passing it but apparently they can’t head it when the ball can feasibly played with the foot so a diving header in theory shouldn’t be allowed to be gathered by the goalkeeper but I’ve never seen that enforced.
Wednesday's third goal on 20:37 - Apr 24 with 1014 viewsGus_iom

Wednesday's third goal on 19:42 - Apr 24 by ed_83

Does anyone remember an own goal at Loftus Road that was a bit like this? Would have been early 90s, a defender on the opposing team tried to clear the ball, but it hit a bobble so he sliced it just like this one. I can vividly remember the ball curving round the goalie then turning into the net, almost like a spin bowler in cricket, but I would have only been 9 or 10 at the time so can’t remember the details. Am I going mad?

Think it might have been a Coventry player
Wednesday's third goal on 21:03 - Apr 24 with 956 viewsOldPedro

Wednesday's third goal on 20:37 - Apr 24 by Gus_iom

Think it might have been a Coventry player

It even appeared on A Question of Sport in the 'what happened next' round.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Wednesday's third goal on 10:35 - Apr 25 with 701 viewsenfieldargh

this was also a bit spooky

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024