Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 22:02 - Apr 26 with 3532 viewshoops_legend

I know I know

No Chris kiwomya hattrick or debatle opposition performance

But I don’t think I have ever felt as good as seeing a performance like that

Fantastic from GK (yes that Chelsovic) to Dykes and we can be proud. Our players have shown glimpses of how good they can be

Wish they had done it more consistently but we can build on this under Marti, keep our key player and let’s go. Marti can manage these players into a top 6 finish
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:04 - Apr 26 with 2879 viewsBluce_Ree

That Kulscar (fked if I can spell it) goal was good that day.

Scrappiest hat trick ever from Kiwomya.

All over-shadowed by Jimmy Glass scoring that goal for Carlisle IIRC.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:06 - Apr 26 with 2836 viewsQPunkR

Very enjoyable tonight but it has nothing on that 6-0

QPR - "shit but local"

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:07 - Apr 26 with 2804 viewsstainrods_elbow

For me that eclipsed the 4-1 with Ray, Sints and Les in '92. The odds were far more stacked against us, yet we looked like it was with our eyes on automatic promo.

You absolute exasperating and astonishing bstard brilliant clusterf*ck of a club, Rangers. I want to have everyone's babies and then kill you all.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 17:53 - Apr 30 with 2476 viewsstainrods_elbow

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:06 - Apr 26 by QPunkR

Very enjoyable tonight but it has nothing on that 6-0

I'd say it exceeds it, given the oppo.

The Palace game was balloon-filled joy, of course, but I've always felt there was more than a whiff of corruption about it, given everything that happened that day.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 18:03 - Apr 30 with 2440 viewsBluce_Ree

There's been a lot of talk of the fix being in for this one but I never put much stock in that. What's the current conspiracy theory on it?

I can see us having the wherewithal to organise it, I can't see Palace willingly shipping six, I can't see their keeper letting his resume include a 6-0 battering.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 18:11 - Apr 30 with 2420 viewsMatch82

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 18:03 - Apr 30 by Bluce_Ree

There's been a lot of talk of the fix being in for this one but I never put much stock in that. What's the current conspiracy theory on it?

I can see us having the wherewithal to organise it, I can't see Palace willingly shipping six, I can't see their keeper letting his resume include a 6-0 battering.

Didn't they have two players sent off one of which was for pushing the referee, or am I making that up?
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 18:21 - Apr 30 with 2369 viewsRunner14

It was so clearly a fix....we had a Palace player on loan who was allowed to play. The goalie just stood & watched Kulscar's pathetic shot go past him. we weren't capable of beating anyone on that division 6-0!
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 19:49 - Apr 30 with 2181 viewsdaveB

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 18:21 - Apr 30 by Runner14

It was so clearly a fix....we had a Palace player on loan who was allowed to play. The goalie just stood & watched Kulscar's pathetic shot go past him. we weren't capable of beating anyone on that division 6-0!

We beat Swindon 4-0 about a month before
Login to get fewer ads

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 21:15 - Apr 30 with 2045 viewsGaryBannister86

My memory may be playing tricks, but it was around their keeper. I thought there was some very strange commentary (perhaps on a QPR production) where in the intro they zoom in on the keeper and said something bizarre about him having just moved house or something and needing a sudden influx of money.

Or perhaps I dreamed it all. Sounds very ridiculous now.

Was a very good day, but the keeper was Segers-esque. And that was the most bent thing I have ever seen in football.
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:21 - Apr 30 with 1910 viewsHayesender

I'm sure Clive did an interview with one of our players who played in that game, and without saying it was a fix, didn't exactly deny it. Was it Paul Murray?

Great day, lots of alcohol consumed in Hammersmith afterwards, but definitely a fix imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:42 - Apr 30 with 1830 viewsHantsR

I think it was much better than the Palace game because I couldnt see it as I arrived too late and they closed the gates for that match. This time I watched from the dubious comfort of my SAR seat - and went bonkers!
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 00:24 - May 1 with 1690 viewsSydneyRs

The start of that Palace game is probably the most tense atmosphere I've ever experienced at LR. You could feel it in the air and also see it in the players. It was win or be relegated, there was no next week to try and recover the situation.

I was in P or R block and the release of emotion when Kulscar scored was quite something. I think once we went 3-0 up and it became obvious that Palace were checking their boarding passes and buying duty free, everyone relaxed and it was party mode for the rest of the game.

I also took satisfaction that Palace had packed out the away end despite it being a nothing game for them. That was really annoying me at first but then I was glad they were all there to see their team get spanked.
[Post edited 1 May 0:24]
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 00:27 - May 1 with 1669 viewsSydneyRs

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 22:21 - Apr 30 by Hayesender

I'm sure Clive did an interview with one of our players who played in that game, and without saying it was a fix, didn't exactly deny it. Was it Paul Murray?

Great day, lots of alcohol consumed in Hammersmith afterwards, but definitely a fix imo

Surely if it was a fix you might make it less obvious than 6-0? I'd understand if goal difference was a factor but it wasn't. More a case of a team that had nothing riding on the game not trying that hard after going a couple of goals down (not that unusual at this time of year) than a fix I'd say.
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 01:04 - May 1 with 1631 viewslightwaterhoop

Great night in the old Bushranger after that game who cares if was or wasn't fixed.The Leeds game just about pipped it but not the booze up after it.
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 07:43 - May 1 with 1502 viewsHayesender

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 00:27 - May 1 by SydneyRs

Surely if it was a fix you might make it less obvious than 6-0? I'd understand if goal difference was a factor but it wasn't. More a case of a team that had nothing riding on the game not trying that hard after going a couple of goals down (not that unusual at this time of year) than a fix I'd say.

There were definitely a couple thrown in that day. Not that I cared then, and nor do I care now

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:21 - May 1 with 1434 viewsdaveB

I thought they were in the game until the sending off then they threw the towel in, I'd like to think that they were just crap on the day, I've seen QPR sides do the same
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:43 - May 1 with 1393 viewsstevec

Palace probably better on the basis we had to get a result whereas we could have lost to Leeds and still got ourselves out of trouble.

Conversely, Leeds had something serious to play for, Palace didn’t.

Thinking about it, not sure you can compare the two, both exciting games though!
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:52 - May 1 with 1378 viewshubble

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:21 - May 1 by daveB

I thought they were in the game until the sending off then they threw the towel in, I'd like to think that they were just crap on the day, I've seen QPR sides do the same

The 6-0 was a special moment. One thing I remember was how hot it was, especially as I had to leg it from the BR to the ground in a desperate dash to secure possibly the last ticket on sale (I'd just got back from holiday and my mate had somehow forgotten to get tickets). Who wasn't on the pitch afterwards?

The Leeds 4-0 was a different kind of drama for me because where the 6-0 felt like a one-off moment of pure joy, this season it felt like there was no let up between the Ainsworth plummet and the Marti Cifuentes mission; a season long, edge-of-the-seat drama leading to this totally unexpected climax.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:56 - May 1 with 1367 viewsslmrstid

To add to the conspiracy Palace did the double over us the following season, only one of two home defeats all year. Repayment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999%E2%80%932000_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Also I keep forgetting how successful a season that was, apart from a crap spell in November to January (twas ever thus) we had two spells of nine games without losing, and could easily have got top six without that winter wobble. How different history could have been...
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 09:04 - May 1 with 1349 viewsdaveB

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:52 - May 1 by hubble

The 6-0 was a special moment. One thing I remember was how hot it was, especially as I had to leg it from the BR to the ground in a desperate dash to secure possibly the last ticket on sale (I'd just got back from holiday and my mate had somehow forgotten to get tickets). Who wasn't on the pitch afterwards?

The Leeds 4-0 was a different kind of drama for me because where the 6-0 felt like a one-off moment of pure joy, this season it felt like there was no let up between the Ainsworth plummet and the Marti Cifuentes mission; a season long, edge-of-the-seat drama leading to this totally unexpected climax.

I was up in Middlesbrough at the time and no trains down to London on the Sunday to get us back in time for lunchtime so my misses drove me to London leaving at about 5am and as she had never seen us win (had only been to about 5 games) she declined a ticket and drove back to her Dads for the day so that she didn't jinx it. Probably the most nervous I've ever been before a game
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 10:09 - May 1 with 1234 viewsAntti_Heinola

I heard from a source (DM me and I'll tell you where, but not the name), that it was a fix, but was supposed to only be 2 or 3-0. It was better for Palace to have us in the league than some team from up north. Keeper never moved for Kulscar's one, and I suspect no one expected Scully to score the goal of his life.
As others have said, Palace then did the double over us the year after.

Bare bones.

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 12:30 - May 1 with 1125 viewsdutch

One thing the Palace game had, which Leeds lacked, was a female streaker running topless along the gantry in front of South Africa upper. She seemed very happy.
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 15:57 - May 1 with 963 viewsTonto

Always felt that game was dodgy. I've never seen a keeper try so.little to stop shots.

Do t think Miller ever played for Palace again... he went to Barnsley the following season (and lost his celeb girldriend)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 07:06 - May 2 with 724 viewsNed_Kennedys

As with most conspiracy theories the evidence is flimsy at best and it would have taken loads of people to be in on it and for none of those people to say anything for the next 25 years.
Also their keeper played over 600 professional games in his career nearly half of which were after he left Palace so hardly the type to risk it all by throwing a game.
And suggesting QPR subsequently threw the following season’s two games as part of the deal is proper fantasy island nonsense as well.
Better than Crystal Palace 6-0 on 08:03 - May 2 with 664 viewshoops_legend

Yeah no match fixing took place. But just last day of season shenanigans where football becomes unpredictable

Their keeper just didn’t read the kulscar shot which is where rumours started

Then the chap who pushed the ref and got sent off was a disgrace

Otherwise qpr just dominated to be honest
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024