Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Cov 23:53 - Apr 26 with 5459 viewsLazyFan

At the end of every season its the same old same old ...

We should play the best team to get momentum into next year. Well, in the last two seasons, this momentum never happened anyway, so we should not. Especially as this squad will be ripped up anyway.

What we should do is play some of the young uns so we see how they can cope and also rest some of our assets so they don't get injured just before we sell them. Disaster memories of poor Rangel getting injured before he became out of contract. It would be very QPR to see our best players get ACLs in a nothing game at the end of the season.
No thanks, no way.

Therefore in my biased view we should play this team ...

Walsh

Drewe*
Dunne**
Fox
Larkeche

Hayden***
Hodge
EDB

Willock****
Armstrong
Pedder

Subs:
Begović
Cook
Cannon*****
Aoraha
Bala
Adomah******
Dykes

* = We know Kakays off, I suspect Drewe is not good enough. Lets find out if that is the case.
** = Can he still play CD? I think so, let's find out.
*** = Can he lead when the others are not there and he's on his own? Good test this.
**** = Might as well say goodbye and safety first by resting Chair who needs it.
***** = We know what he can do, and he may be carrying an injury, sub still him for now.
****** = Come on for the last 20 mins so, we can say goodbye.

Leave the rest to go early hols; they earned it.

zzzzzzzzzz

Team for Cov on 00:26 - Apr 27 with 3148 viewsBrianWilson

Don't like that team at all tbh. Want a decent performance to end the season

Already know Drewe and Pedder are not good enough.

Hayden and Hodge will go back to their clubs.

Think the team/Marti will want to end the season well.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Team for Cov on 00:30 - Apr 27 with 3117 viewsaston_hoop

I'd start Walsh and keep it strong otherwise.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Team for Cov on 00:33 - Apr 27 with 3092 viewsbenhurst

Definitely keen for Walsh to start so we can get a better idea of where he's at. A few players who could get an opportunity to properly prove themselves (EDB, Larkeche, and Cannon mainly). Other than that it'll probably be a relatively full strength team, Adomah and Kakay on the bench to get some farewell minutes at the end?

Walsh

Cannon
Cook or JCS
Fox
Larkeche

Field or Colback
Dixon-Bonner

Smyth
Andersen (Kolli if he's back from injury)
Chair

Armstrong

Then Adomah/Kakay plus some of the youngsters (Aoraha, Bala, Tuck, etc.) coming off the bench
Team for Cov on 00:34 - Apr 27 with 3073 viewsbosh67

Same team as last night please. Play your strongest team in every match.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Team for Cov on 00:36 - Apr 27 with 3069 viewsOakR

I think it would be interesting to have 1 or two play, eh Walsh and Pedder, but for the rest strongest team out.

If you play 4-5 to test them, it's not really a first fair test - you really want 1 or 2 you are not sure about on the pitch at one time.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Team for Cov on 00:42 - Apr 27 with 3045 viewsaston_hoop

Team for Cov on 00:30 - Apr 27 by aston_hoop

I'd start Walsh and keep it strong otherwise.

Saying this, if Martí does choose to include some youngsters in the squad, keep an eye out for Alfie Tuck being involved at some point. Young central midfielder who I believe he really likes, and rightly so

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Team for Cov on 00:48 - Apr 27 with 3012 viewsHAYESBOY

Strongest team available.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Team for Cov on 00:53 - Apr 27 with 2980 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sympathise with the OP but there is such a thing as integrity and respect for the competition, the other teams, and the fans.

One or two younger players getting a run-out is one thing, wholesale changes is going too far.
Login to get fewer ads

Team for Cov on 00:55 - Apr 27 with 2956 viewssaxbend

The more you change, the less you learn. If you bring in three or more players to see how they do in the team, you won't see them in the team you're trying to see them play with, but in a different team without the continuity or quality from previous matches.
Team for Cov on 01:00 - Apr 27 with 2936 viewsrbee

Although neither team has anything to play for it will still be a competitive game minus the crunching and late tackles.

Coventry will want to send their fans home happy and we have the opportunity to replicate last nights performance and play some football.
Team for Cov on 05:00 - Apr 27 with 2790 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Why not bring back Messrs Gubbins, Dozzell, the Duke, and Kelman from the Watford horror show while we're at it, let Gareth take the helm so he can say at the end, 'Told you!'

That said, I'd like to see some of the much talked about yoof get a run-out off the bench, as well as a ceremonial farewell to Uncs.
[Post edited 27 Apr 6:09]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Team for Cov on 05:41 - Apr 27 with 2761 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Bring in Walsh, rest stay the same.
Team for Cov on 07:22 - Apr 27 with 2558 viewslightwaterhoop

Don't we get more money the higher up the table we finish? play our strongest side.
Team for Cov on 08:03 - Apr 27 with 2431 viewsgazza1

We will play as good as the same team that gave Leeds a beating.......MC is a winner, he will look at all these 'fringe' players in due course but not against Coventry.
Team for Cov on 08:11 - Apr 27 with 2395 viewsloftus77

Team for Cov on 07:22 - Apr 27 by lightwaterhoop

Don't we get more money the higher up the table we finish? play our strongest side.

No, I don't think this applies, unlike the Prem Lge. If you lose the Championship play-off final you might as well have finished 21st in purely financial terms (minus the Wembley gate receipts obvs).

Professional pride only next week...
Team for Cov on 08:11 - Apr 27 with 2395 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Team for Cov on 08:03 - Apr 27 by gazza1

We will play as good as the same team that gave Leeds a beating.......MC is a winner, he will look at all these 'fringe' players in due course but not against Coventry.

Give Taylor Richards a run
Team for Cov on 08:12 - Apr 27 with 2386 viewsNushnool

Team for Cov on 08:11 - Apr 27 by NgaiTahu_Hoop

Give Taylor Richards a run

Can he run?
Team for Cov on 08:14 - Apr 27 with 2370 viewsGaryBannister86

Would be nice to finish above Watford, just to hammer home the GA point after the first game "we've probably played the Champions" :-)

But - he will surely play Walsh. Thanks to Begovic for a couple of decent saves last two games - credit where it is due - but he surely doesn't fit the Marti style, we need Cook to be captain and he's clearly on the wane.

Let's stick Walsh in, probably Armstrong as Dykes must be knackered after his last two displays.
Team for Cov on 08:46 - Apr 27 with 2267 viewsSpaceman_P

I think let's beat Coventry.

lets rest Willock, Chair etc I'd even suggest give Albert one last run on the pasture before he becomes a QPR coach.

let's get Smyth, Larkesh, Cannon and Fox a full 90 minutes too.
Team for Cov on 09:07 - Apr 27 with 2196 viewsNed_Kennedys

Keep exactly the same team as yesterday: all those players were magnificent and none will not want to play in the final game. The time for trying squad players is pre season.

We’d have been livid if we had still needed something from the last game and teams with nothing to play for against relegation rivals were resting their best players.
Team for Cov on 09:33 - Apr 27 with 2109 viewsBrianWilson

Would think Albert was saying goodbye last night

I wouldn't mind EDB, Lakerche and Fox starting but not too many changes.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Team for Cov on 08:59 - Apr 28 with 1901 viewsGloucs_R

Walsh

Cannon - suspect he may leave in the summer though
Cook
Fox
Larkeche

Hayden
Hodge
Fields

Willock
Armstrong
Chair

I would like to see a number of the development team on the bench. those who are likely to be here next season and offered a new contract not the likes of drewe it will never make this level.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:59]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Team for Cov on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 1831 viewsPaddyhoops

Going to the game. Want to see a strong side out . Let’s finish the season on a high and get up the table. We could finish nine clear of the relegation which would be an astonishing achievement considering we had eight points after fourteen games.
Team for Cov on 09:29 - Apr 28 with 1796 viewshantssi

Team for Cov on 08:59 - Apr 28 by Gloucs_R

Walsh

Cannon - suspect he may leave in the summer though
Cook
Fox
Larkeche

Hayden
Hodge
Fields

Willock
Armstrong
Chair

I would like to see a number of the development team on the bench. those who are likely to be here next season and offered a new contract not the likes of drewe it will never make this level.
[Post edited 28 Apr 8:59]

Why play Hayden and Hodge, they’re not ours?
Team for Cov on 09:59 - Apr 28 with 1726 viewsFrankRightguard

Just pick the strongest available XI and be done with it. It’s not a charity do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024