Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ilias Chair 09:32 - Apr 27 with 4889 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is the court case impacting QPR fans opinion of him? Last night he was head and shoulders our best player, an opinion shared by the the Lids posters in their match thread and a lot of neutrals on the FB Championship page, yet there are several posters on here who can only see negatives in him whenever he plays.
There were times yesterday when he was linking up with Willock and Paal that he was unplayable yet time after time I all I see on here is "he should have looked up and passed,
" "Wasted a good opportunity" completely overlooking the amount of effort it takes to keep the tempo up for over 90 minutes. His onfield captaincy also seems to be overlooked too, not the shouting words of encouragement captaincy but the explaining runs, positions and transitions to the players around him. He even bawled out Dunne for not picking up Firpo in the first half as he could see that Firpo was making those runs that were assisting Summerville and Piroe in getting into good attacking positions (albeit they came to nothing).
Maybe it's a QPR thing that fans only like defenders and attacking players are to be suffered rather than enjoyed. Go on the LUFC MOT match thread and see what they think of Chair, it was the same with the PNE fans after the last game.

The grass is always greener.

Ilias Chair on 15:19 - Apr 29 with 1287 viewsQPROslo

I think Chair is playing well when we are playing well like on Friday night when I also thought he was MOM, just a shade ahead of a number of others JCS, Cook, Field, Colback, Andersen and Willock. When we are not playing well then often I think Chair is not so good because then he tends to hold onto the ball too much, ignores players in better positions and makes bad decisions. The team has performed better since Marti came in and Chair has too, he's more willing to use his left foot to go round defenders and cross, and his dead ball delivery has improved since Andersen became 1st choice on them.
Ilias Chair on 15:31 - Apr 29 with 1205 viewsQPR_Jim

I like Chair, as said by others he's hard working and skilful, not a common pairing. The court case makes me cautious about "building a team around him" for next season because it seems like he may be suddenly removed from the team. If we got a good offer for him I'd take it personally. I think he deserves a crack higher up and think this might be a good time, while rebuilding under Marti, to get a few young replacements or unknown players like Anderson in to see who can step up to his level.
Ilias Chair on 15:40 - Apr 29 with 1148 viewsRangersw12

Ilias Chair on 16:42 - Apr 29 with 1002 viewsNorthantsHoop

I think now that Andersen and Willock are motoring in those attacking midfield positions they have taken the pressure of Chair holding it all together on the attacking front. It all came together nicely on Friday night against Leeds and Chair showed a great amount of maturity in his performances and his dead ball delivery was superb, Andersen is also a great deliverer on those as well.
Ilias Chair on 17:07 - Apr 29 with 915 viewsParkRoyalR

I'd rather we hold on to Chair and see if Marti (as our attacking Coach) can continue to work on his weaknesses to compliment his undoubted strengths,

Already becoming less predicatable by going outside and using left foot more and set-pieces improving,

A really good Coach could double Chair's value, which is what we need our Coach's to do.
Ilias Chair on 18:01 - Apr 29 with 793 viewsLanhoop

Unless his court case is resolved by the start of the season I can't see anyone taking the risk of spending money on him. I think he'll still be here.
Ilias Chair on 19:41 - Apr 29 with 676 viewsStainrod

Ilias Chair on 18:01 - Apr 29 by Lanhoop

Unless his court case is resolved by the start of the season I can't see anyone taking the risk of spending money on him. I think he'll still be here.

Criminally undervalued.

Criticisms of him are all true but if that decison-making problem werent the case he would be playing for a much more successful club. It’s odd because as fans we tell ourselves that maverick Number 10s define our club but when it comes down to it we vote Paddy Kenny over Adel Tarrabt and the number 10s are blamed for what they don’t do rather than what they do. And even for a creative player Chair gets far less love than Willock who went missing for most of the season when we really needed him and has apparently been running down his contract. I always remember Chair being interviewed when Eze left and asking if he would like to join him - his response was “why can’t qpr get back to the premier league and re-sign him then we can play together again.” Can’t imagine any other saying that.
Ilias Chair on 20:05 - Apr 29 with 609 viewsAntti_Heinola

Ilias Chair on 19:41 - Apr 29 by Stainrod

Criminally undervalued.

Criticisms of him are all true but if that decison-making problem werent the case he would be playing for a much more successful club. It’s odd because as fans we tell ourselves that maverick Number 10s define our club but when it comes down to it we vote Paddy Kenny over Adel Tarrabt and the number 10s are blamed for what they don’t do rather than what they do. And even for a creative player Chair gets far less love than Willock who went missing for most of the season when we really needed him and has apparently been running down his contract. I always remember Chair being interviewed when Eze left and asking if he would like to join him - his response was “why can’t qpr get back to the premier league and re-sign him then we can play together again.” Can’t imagine any other saying that.

Agree, there’s plenty of valid constructive criticism to be levelled at him but on the face of it, he should be revered: came at least latterly through the youths, must have now been at the club 8 years, never angled for a move, outstanding attitude, picked by every single manager he’s played under, scorer of truly beautiful goals, at the darkest times been our only creative outlet and asked by certain coaches to just produce some magic as we ain’t scoring any other way, rubs his ass off EVERY SINGLE GAME… and on and on. Beautiful player. If he does go only then will some fans know what we had.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Ilias Chair on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 447 viewsSuperhoops2808

Ilias Chair on 11:14 - Apr 27 by numptydumpty

The court case is a total mystery.

Happened four years ago in different country to where he was being prosecuted. Did not even attend the court hearing, possibly will avoid prison even if court decision not overturned ie Belgians jails too full. And possibly not the person that hit the injured man. Ie conflicting witness accounts etc.

Really we should throw the book at him if he is guilty. But the football business is another matter.

Our best asset and our most creative player. Makes the team tick.

If he is jailed, highly likely we will lose him next season.

To be fair, if it was an opposition player, we would not be too happy coming up against him as we would have assumed the player should be banned.

Compared to Mason Greenwood - I not know the final outcome of the case here, but was he never found guilty of any charges and he was vilified by all and lost his career whilst investigations were happening.

Ilias was found guilty.

But I am same as everyone else which is probably poor on my part - I want him here next season, as we keep Ilias then we keep Willock also and with Andersen in there also, could be an interesting season coming up.

Very bad on my part if he is a convicted felon with aggravated assault but my morals seem to go out the window when it comes to QPR...

As the new saying goes these days

MY BAD !!!
[Post edited 27 Apr 11:16]

I think one bit of that is inaccurate

He DID attend the court hearing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024