Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 207405 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:30 - Jul 2 with 5176 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:44 - Jul 2 by CiderwithRsie

I see the logic of selling Paal but have to say that apart from players who Marti obviously doesn't rate (e.g. Dozzell) or who he's only used because there wasn't any alternative (e.g. Begovic) I'd really like to see a year of him being able to work with the current squad plus reinforcements.

I'm not saying that makes sense financially, and I won't be chucking toys about if e.g. Chair or Willock are sold, but if possible I like to see that growth and development in the squad rather than Redknapp style buying and selling.

I like Paal, but again, if he's got a year left and won't extend, sell him now while there's a return. I think we've learnt that the hard way more times than was necessary lately.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:58 - Jul 3 with 5003 viewsHooparoo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:30 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

I like Paal, but again, if he's got a year left and won't extend, sell him now while there's a return. I think we've learnt that the hard way more times than was necessary lately.

May not mean anything but Isaac Hayden seems to be still very engaged with the club and is liking and commenting on nearly every QPR related post on social media. Would have him back if we can afford him. A leader 😎

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 03:54 - Jul 3 with 4838 viewsnumptydumpty

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:58 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

May not mean anything but Isaac Hayden seems to be still very engaged with the club and is liking and commenting on nearly every QPR related post on social media. Would have him back if we can afford him. A leader 😎

As long as his wage demands are realistic.

Has had a few injuries and older .but there seems to be something about our fitness team that seems to be working. Hopefully it is due to this, rather than a run of good fortune.

I would have him here myself also. Seemed dedicated to ourselves when here.

All depends on the money though.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:49 - Jul 3 with 4501 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 23:30 - Jul 2 by kensalriser

I think it has to be on a case by case basis though.
Sure, if Watford are desperate and want to spend £2.5m, we'd probably be wise to accept. But if it's more like £1m, we have to also remember Barbet. As Clive said, the value of having someone who is fit, available and reliable week after week cannot be understated. This isn't a kid who PL teams are looking at and we're beating off bids for while desperately offering far too much money to stay. He'll be on an average wage and has a lot of upsides and I suspect would be happy to sign a new deal if offered (but maybe I'm wrong, and we've put his name out there accordingly). I'm all for selling big assets and making profits here and there, but it's always worth weighing up the pros and cons.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:45 - Jul 3 with 4257 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:49 - Jul 3 by Antti_Heinola

Sure, if Watford are desperate and want to spend £2.5m, we'd probably be wise to accept. But if it's more like £1m, we have to also remember Barbet. As Clive said, the value of having someone who is fit, available and reliable week after week cannot be understated. This isn't a kid who PL teams are looking at and we're beating off bids for while desperately offering far too much money to stay. He'll be on an average wage and has a lot of upsides and I suspect would be happy to sign a new deal if offered (but maybe I'm wrong, and we've put his name out there accordingly). I'm all for selling big assets and making profits here and there, but it's always worth weighing up the pros and cons.

I agree and would add that this will be his third season playing with Chair on the left and they've got a pretty good understanding between them. That's another plus point in his favour.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:15 - Jul 3 with 4135 viewsBklynRanger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:58 - Jul 3 by Hooparoo

I read yesterday, on some ad-mangled monstrosity of a webpage, that he's out in Dubai training on his own. Hopefully something can be sorted.

Agree with the comments above re. Paal. I really like Ken Paal - I even like saying his name.

Ken Paal.

But if we've got Fox and Larkeche then any decent offer needs to be seriously considered if he's not renewing. (Marti/Nourry/Belk may also have other ideas and not want to renew who knows).
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:20 - Jul 3 with 3887 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:45 - Jul 3 by dmm

I agree and would add that this will be his third season playing with Chair on the left and they've got a pretty good understanding between them. That's another plus point in his favour.

It helps that Paal and Chair can talk to each other on the pitch in a common language that isn't English. Flemish, Dutch, maybe even French.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Jul 3 with 3841 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:15 - Jul 3 by BklynRanger

I read yesterday, on some ad-mangled monstrosity of a webpage, that he's out in Dubai training on his own. Hopefully something can be sorted.

Agree with the comments above re. Paal. I really like Ken Paal - I even like saying his name.

Ken Paal.

But if we've got Fox and Larkeche then any decent offer needs to be seriously considered if he's not renewing. (Marti/Nourry/Belk may also have other ideas and not want to renew who knows).

I very strongly do not believe we should be open to seeing because of Fox and Larkeche, unless others have seen something i haven’t. Should only be if we have a good idea of a cheaper replacement. Those two are short term stop gaps really.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:46 - Jul 3 with 3707 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:28 - Jul 3 by Antti_Heinola

I very strongly do not believe we should be open to seeing because of Fox and Larkeche, unless others have seen something i haven’t. Should only be if we have a good idea of a cheaper replacement. Those two are short term stop gaps really.

Agree with you. Admittedly, judging on a small amount of games but Larkeche needs a loan where he's going to play as 1st choice LB - Marti seems to have used him in more of an attacking sense than as a viable alternative to Paal.

If we can pick up a lower league ready replacement and bank some profit on Paal then great - who was the English guy playing in Holland that we were keen on?

Also, we need to be mindful of those two academy graduates Leahy and the other one who might see their pathway blocked(not saying either are ready)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:49 - Jul 3 with 3686 viewscpgerber

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:46 - Jul 3 by Welsh_Ranger

Agree with you. Admittedly, judging on a small amount of games but Larkeche needs a loan where he's going to play as 1st choice LB - Marti seems to have used him in more of an attacking sense than as a viable alternative to Paal.

If we can pick up a lower league ready replacement and bank some profit on Paal then great - who was the English guy playing in Holland that we were keen on?

Also, we need to be mindful of those two academy graduates Leahy and the other one who might see their pathway blocked(not saying either are ready)

I think the guy you are thinking of was Cox. Can’t remeber his first name.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:11 - Jul 3 with 3569 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 11:49 - Jul 3 by cpgerber

I think the guy you are thinking of was Cox. Can’t remeber his first name.

George! Now plays for Volendam
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:28 - Jul 3 with 3405 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:15 - Jul 3 by BklynRanger

Ken Paal.

Would like Hayden to re-sign. One of those players who appears better through stats than your eyes. Clearly made a big difference, but largely doing the quiet, simple stuff that the average fan (me included) doesn't always notice.

That said, I learned my lesson from the Stefan debacle. I was among those clamouring for him to be signed on a permanent deal and we all know how that went. Parallels not exact as Hayden younger and apparently fitter. But if we are to sign a player contrary to our model (which is all about sell-on value) it has to be on our terms. We need to be prepared to walk away. The priority (broken record time) has to be a striker, and then we can work out what else (if anything) we can do this window with any remaining funds.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Jul 3 with 3378 viewswombat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:28 - Jul 3 by Stainrod

Would like Hayden to re-sign. One of those players who appears better through stats than your eyes. Clearly made a big difference, but largely doing the quiet, simple stuff that the average fan (me included) doesn't always notice.

That said, I learned my lesson from the Stefan debacle. I was among those clamouring for him to be signed on a permanent deal and we all know how that went. Parallels not exact as Hayden younger and apparently fitter. But if we are to sign a player contrary to our model (which is all about sell-on value) it has to be on our terms. We need to be prepared to walk away. The priority (broken record time) has to be a striker, and then we can work out what else (if anything) we can do this window with any remaining funds.

latest rumour, Finn Stevens from brentford , was on loan at oxford last season , welsh midfielder , seen on twitter this morning

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Jul 3 with 3330 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Jul 3 by wombat

latest rumour, Finn Stevens from brentford , was on loan at oxford last season , welsh midfielder , seen on twitter this morning

Interesting. A right back. I thought that Brazilian lad Herverton seemed fairly nailed on for that position.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Jul 3 with 3324 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:33 - Jul 3 by wombat

Sorry to correct you but is a Right-sided FB or at least that's where he made his debut for Wales in our last two friendlies - can play in midfield supposedly but I don't think that's his position.

Got hung out to dry in those friendlies and looks a little short of international standards at first glimpse.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:06 - Jul 3 with 2991 viewsnumptydumpty

I think if we are offered £2.4 million for Paal, which seems to be flying around, then that's a decent price.

But only if we have a solid dependable replacement

I like both Fox and Larkeche but realistically Fox is a centre back and Larkeche is young but only had games sparingly so far and more in an attacking position as against full back but despite Paal being Mr Dependable, it's a decent amount of money.

If Palace sell Eze though, I would personally keep Paal.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:08 - Jul 3 with 2986 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:39 - Jul 3 by Stainrod

Interesting. A right back. I thought that Brazilian lad Herverton seemed fairly nailed on for that position.

Hevertton Santos is actually a RM not a RB.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:12 - Jul 3 with 2968 viewsWelsh_Ranger

I'd be surprised if Stevens was coming to warm the bench! Maybe, as some have said before Marti doesn't fancy Cannon?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:30 - Jul 3 with 2839 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:08 - Jul 3 by dmm

Hevertton Santos is actually a RM not a RB.

I thought I read he was a wing back - has virtually no goals or assists.

However, will try to avoid committing the Foreign Player Fallacy - that is, claiming to know anything at all about player I had honestly not heard of until a week ago...
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jul 3 with 2748 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:30 - Jul 3 by Stainrod

I thought I read he was a wing back - has virtually no goals or assists.

However, will try to avoid committing the Foreign Player Fallacy - that is, claiming to know anything at all about player I had honestly not heard of until a week ago...

I guess he might be a wing back but he's described as a RM. You can see his playing stats here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hevertton/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/695121
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:24 - Jul 3 with 2508 viewsStainrod

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jul 3 by dmm

I guess he might be a wing back but he's described as a RM. You can see his playing stats here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hevertton/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/695121

OK mate well I believe you.

I guess it might make sense then to go after him as well as the Brentford lad - assuming we are hoping to move Cannon on.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:56 - Jul 3 with 2300 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:49 - Jul 3 by Antti_Heinola

Well, sure. But this is all predicated on him not extending. If he's happy to sign a new deal, great, we're all good. If not, then we're back to selling because if we don't then we'll be in the position of having to replace him in a year without the million quid (or whatever it is) to put towards it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:56 - Jul 3 with 2024 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:42 - Jul 3 by dmm

But you follow that link and it says Position - Right Back. As does every other site bar Soccerbase.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:25 - Jul 3 with 1867 viewsdmm

Sure but it also says he's played RM 34 times and RB only 2 times.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:48 - Jul 3 with 1738 viewsStainrod

Whatever the rights and wrongs on these specific players am really encouraged that these are the kind of players we are being linked with. Implies some genuine scouting / analytical works rather than "Jeff Hendrix is available!"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024