Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School. End Friday 07:03 - Apr 29 with 4974 viewsthehat

Apologies if this has already been discussed but does anyone know why the top tier wasn’t full and Leeds had about a third of the bottom tier?

Why didn’t we just them the full top teir and have our fans on the bottom as we have done several times this season.
School. End Friday on 13:40 - Apr 29 with 1616 viewsWatford_Ranger

School. End Friday on 12:54 - Apr 29 by Juzzie

Old Trafford holds 74,000 yet allocate 3,000 to away fans which is just 4% so is there actually a fixed percentage ruling or is it something like "2,000 or 10%, whichever is lowest"?

edit: sorry, just seen this has already been brought up and, of course, if we don't use the flanks in the upper tier then we have to give a portion of the lower tier to hit that 10% but can only see that happening a couple of times a season. Allocating 1800 for the upper tier on the whole shouldn't be an issue most of the time I'd imagine.

[Post edited 29 Apr 12:57]

2000/10% at our level.

I guess it comes down to what the actual capacity is. I thought that upper tier was 1850 but that must include the corners. If you rope off enough of the lower school you bring capacity down but that’s counter-productive.

16677 on Friday so Leeds would’ve had a couple of hundred over the 10% with that bit of the lower tier but a smidge under without it so you either open up a bit more of the upper tier if that’s possible or have a few downstairs.
School. End Friday on 15:32 - Apr 29 with 1467 viewsRangersw12

Just put seats back in the corners of the upper tier of the away end and charge £5 stating diabolical view on them

Problem fixed and we can then have lower tier all season .
School. End Friday on 15:56 - Apr 29 with 1385 viewsSheffieldHoop

Guessing this'll be unpopular....but I prefer the lower tier full of away fans, along with the upper. Makes it even better when we win. This thing of trying to curtail away fans on the off chance it influences results against you.....Even clubs who move them into a Corner or along the side because "ooooh we cant have them creating an atmosphere behind the goal".......Pathetic.

If we're playing Preston or Stoke, and we've got the demand to open the Lower up to QPR fans.....Fine.....But I doubt that will be the case come August. If we've got a London derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed etc....Much prefer a packed house with 3 sides Home 1 Away.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

School. End Friday on 16:34 - Apr 29 with 1345 viewsmart_Goblin

School. End Friday on 15:56 - Apr 29 by SheffieldHoop

Guessing this'll be unpopular....but I prefer the lower tier full of away fans, along with the upper. Makes it even better when we win. This thing of trying to curtail away fans on the off chance it influences results against you.....Even clubs who move them into a Corner or along the side because "ooooh we cant have them creating an atmosphere behind the goal".......Pathetic.

If we're playing Preston or Stoke, and we've got the demand to open the Lower up to QPR fans.....Fine.....But I doubt that will be the case come August. If we've got a London derby, Leeds, Sheff Wed etc....Much prefer a packed house with 3 sides Home 1 Away.

Yes I’d mostly agree but it says more about the mentality of our squad at times that the club were looking for any advantage to get over the line
School. End Friday on 16:45 - Apr 29 with 1298 viewsJuzzie

School. End Friday on 15:56 - Apr 29 by SheffieldHoop

I agree if by and large we're winning at home on an "as expected" level but the last two seasons our home record has been appalling. I think having less away fans and home fans in the lower tier (albeit it a reduced number) has really helped.

Took my kids (9 & 6) to the Sheff Weds game and sat in the school lower tier. Took them to the Preston game and sat in the Loft lower.

On both occasions they were really impressed that QPR fans were "all around the ground". If that has an impact on 6 & 9 year olds then surely something good is happening.

Maybe if our home record improves we can revert back unless home tickets are in demand to such a level we need to keep the lower school for home fans.
Was naffed off in the three PL seasons seeing the whole away end given over when we clearly could have sold the lower tier to home fans, even if they were tourist fans, lapsed fans etc. At least they are not away fans.
School. End Friday on 21:06 - Apr 29 with 1111 viewsblavod

School. End Friday on 11:27 - Apr 29 by QPRConor2000

I would continue giving home fans the lower tier next season, maybe there could be something done so the first few rows of seats dont have to be netted off which is annoying tbh, maybe the club could look at having safety netting between the lower and upper tier, that way we dont have to net off the first few rows when Rs fans use the lower.

Completely agree. Both tiers for away fans gives up home advantage and it’s time to grow our fan base after the amazing support this season.

Really annoying they can’t find some solution that prevents having to cover up the front rows. I can think of plenty of clubs with opposition fans above one another. Surely it can’t be that difficult?
School. End Friday on 22:32 - Apr 29 with 985 viewsGroveR

School. End Friday on 21:06 - Apr 29 by blavod

Completely agree. Both tiers for away fans gives up home advantage and it’s time to grow our fan base after the amazing support this season.

Really annoying they can’t find some solution that prevents having to cover up the front rows. I can think of plenty of clubs with opposition fans above one another. Surely it can’t be that difficult?

A Maidstone fan fell on Ipswich supporters in the cup tie at Portman Road. I'd be pretty aggrieved if some fat Kent scally landed on me.
School. End Friday on 13:19 - May 1 with 736 viewsNed_Kennedys

School. End Friday on 11:29 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Well, if Leeds are right and that upper tier doesn't meet the minimum allocation percentage then that gives us a bit of a problem if we want to have the lower tier for us next season doesn't it.

Both ends of the upper tier were kept empty against Leeds, obviously major restricted view issues on the Ellerslie side but not on the South Africa side so assume it was to keep opposing fans separated.
Login to get fewer ads

School. End Friday on 18:38 - May 1 with 561 viewsQPRConor2000

I suspect if attendances do continue to rise, then something will have to be done about the School End.

Its a real headache that we cant split the stand in multiple configurations, especially as it would mean we could sell more seats and ultimately help the club get more revenue in.
School. End Friday on 23:05 - May 1 with 362 viewsHastings_Hoops

School. End Friday on 11:29 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Well, if Leeds are right and that upper tier doesn't meet the minimum allocation percentage then that gives us a bit of a problem if we want to have the lower tier for us next season doesn't it.

Reinstate 350 seats back in the ‘diabolical View’ section behind the floodlights etc and sell them for £45 each to away fans… that’ll fix the 10% problem.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024