Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium 09:29 - Jun 10 with 5156 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I went to the baseball at Wham! yesterday and of all in-stadia eating I've seen around the world (and I include the US in this), I've never seen a hot dog as big as was being devoured by many. I'd say at least 24 inches/60 cms in length, smothered in God knows what, it looked awful. I can only imagine how awkward it would be to eat and for those sat around a person doing so.

However, it was what happened during a break that was car crash viewing: they got two fat-fooks out to have an eating competition. Looked like two blokes sucking off a teletubby.

Anyone else witnessed such horrors?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 21:32 - Jun 11 with 1571 viewsR_from_afar

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 08:34 - Jun 11 by PlanetHonneywood

Was is 'The marriage of Figo' by any chance?

If Fulham were playing Newcastle in the Gascoigne era, it could've been - groan - la gazza ladra*

*The thieving magpie.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 22:00 - Jun 11 with 1514 viewsqprxtc

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 16:24 - Jun 11 by DannyPaddox

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Cent_Beer_Night

50 years and a week ago was the infamous Ten Cent Beer Night. A great read this.

Has anyone brought this to the attention of our marketing department?
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 22:42 - Jun 11 with 1454 viewswombat

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 22:00 - Jun 11 by qprxtc

Has anyone brought this to the attention of our marketing department?

I’m amazed that the famous deckchair slalom at Hartlepool hasn’t been mentioned yet , still prob the funniest half time I’ve ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 23:13 - Jun 11 with 1418 viewsDannyPaddox

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 18:47 - Jun 11 by PeterHucker

What a brilliant read!
Thanks for sharing.
Shame there's not an video footage, it sounds hilarious!

Bobson Dugnutt reporting.

The whole thing being staffed by two young girls who eventually (& sensibly) fcuked off is very Blue & White Bar.
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 23:47 - Jun 11 with 1390 viewsjohann28

Not especially weird as such, but has stayed with me ...

It was during the early Holloway era, maybe 2002-3. Went for a pee during the game to find two Qpr fans having an almighty scrap in the loo. Being that sort of guy, I tried to reason with them on some philosophically-inspired grounds of non-violence between friends, only to find myself being called a 'fkg interfering cnt', rounded on by both, thrown out on my arse, with blood pouring from a battered nose.

Not sure what the moral of this is.
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 06:04 - Jun 12 with 1314 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Wembley stadium downstairs ran out of beer for Metallica in 2007 which I've never seen before.
Either we were really thirsty of they didn't re-stock after 'Live Earth' the day before.

Lots of thirsty rockers dashing about looking for one that still had beer to no avail like something out of post crash Weimar Germany or the first 10 mins of John Lewis clearance.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 06:43 - Jun 12 with 1298 viewsHunterhoop

I love the fact they did the same promotion again! “Look guys, it was just the finer details that we got wrong. More police and only 2 cups pp per order. I told you this was a great idea.”
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 09:00 - Jun 12 with 1223 viewsloftboy

Not sure if my memory is playing tricks on me, but I have some vague memory of a Jesus lookalike streaker running onto the pitch from the scum fans during the 6-0 game.
Not seen it mentioned anywhere,but definitely remember it happening.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 09:01 - Jun 12 with 1223 viewsqpr1976

Once at Loftus Road, a bloke in the B&W club with a goldfish in a clear carry bag. We figured he’d stopped off at a local fair on the way to the game and couldn’t resist !
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 09:13 - Jun 12 with 1209 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Remember seeing this in the Away end:

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2021/12/21/22846938/on-this-day-21-dec-2011-dog
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 10:33 - Jun 12 with 1121 viewsBluce_Ree

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 14:30 - Jun 12 with 1016 viewsGroveR

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 23:13 - Jun 11 by DannyPaddox

Bobson Dugnutt reporting.

The whole thing being staffed by two young girls who eventually (& sensibly) fcuked off is very Blue & White Bar.

Now I love the B&W but you're not getting a drink unless you leave your seat after 39mins.

I went to the Brentford v Man City game at the bus stop last season which was the first time I'd seen the self service system, which is basically a bunch of iPads bolted to the concourse walls. I was openly and vocally sceptical that it was a big bag of shìt and a similar system at LR would last only as long as it took us to fake the receipts they printed out or the screens were chawed for resale at Cash Converters (e.g. 15mins). By my 3rd half-time pint I was reluctantly prepared to accept it had it's merits.

https://www.brentfordfc.com/en/news/article/club-news-new-technology-introduced-
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 21:15 - Jun 14 with 787 viewsizlingtonhoop

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 10:35 - Jun 11 by BazzaInTheLoft

Any excuse to share this photo

Truly unacceptable that...

...blue shorts at home...
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 12:14 - Jun 15 with 635 viewsgolborne

A couple of seasons ago there was an old boy in South Africa with a long haired jack Russell on his lap.
Couldn’t believe my eyes looking across from the loft. Got a photo, but can’t upload here.
Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 15:13 - Jun 15 with 572 viewsHooping_Mad

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 15:48 - Jun 11 by HAYESBOY

Bob Malcom breaking into a trot.

Taylor Richards breaking into a squad.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 13:30 - Jun 18 with 302 viewsTheChef

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 08:06 - Jun 11 by GroveR

I went to a "ball game" during a recent trip to New York - Mets v Arizona at Citi Field. I have no idea what was going on but you can drink in your seat so that's one thing they've got right.

They have huge food court type areas inside the ground and it seems a lot of people come there to eat and drink and watch the game on the screen rather than in their seat which bemused me. Then they rushed off to their seats after the game to watch a 30 minute fireworks display.

They absolutely love a statistic and bombarding you with information but I reckon I'd have made more sense out of the heads up display in the space shuttle than the scoreboard. My missus kept asking what was happening and I just threw out some quotes from Moneyball with some random percentages to 3 decimal places like ".274 OBP" - I think I fooled the locals.

We did Citi Field while in NYC last summer (our friends there are Mets fans). Enjoyed it so much we went back the following night!

We were due to go to the Sunday game at London Stadium but stupidly double booked ourselves so had to sell our tickets

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Weired Things Seen In A Stadium on 13:35 - Jun 18 with 290 viewsTheChef

Villa away once. Villa fan sat by himself wearing a gorilla mask and matching gorilla hands.

Bizarro.

But also - Birmingham.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024