Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread 14:40 - Jun 23 with 14385 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Iโ€˜m Balkan at the thought of this.

1-1
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 17:50 - Jun 26 with 691 viewsPhilmyRs

Positives for me were that Foden looked better, Rice too after his worst game for England, the Palace centre back looks good and the subs all made a decent contribution. The negatives are pretty much everything else. Thereโ€™s no doubt a lack of a proper left back is hampering us, the early ball played into the pockets by Shaw and the overlaps is just lost with Trippier who cuts back constantly. Moving the ball forward quickly is so much easier as a defender when youโ€™re playing on your side โ€“ let it come across your body then first time glide it into space for your attackers.

The biggest concern for me is, as others have said, the body language of the players, and whether Southgate is in a tournament too far with us and is now being shown up to be tactically not up to it. I really hope thatโ€™s not the case, all the warning signs are there though, the team selection seems poor, the tactics seem poor, and the in-game substitutions are questionable, although at least with these Iโ€™ve not been able to call them. Other tournaments youโ€™d have a good idea what heโ€™d do (Sterling off, Rashford on used to feel pre-planned almost) so I do view that as a slight positive and a bit more creative in his thinking, although Anthony Gordon would strongly disagree.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 17:54 - Jun 26 with 663 viewsFDC

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 16:30 - Jun 26 by Konk

Bringing Gordon on in the 89th minute made me want to cry. The good news was that even in 4 minutes or whatever he was on for, he still made a positive impression, which barely anyone else did. Imagine what he might do with 5 minutes next time! Similarly, we looked better with Palmer on, so you never know, we might get to see him again too.

Mainoo did okay, so that's hopefully the end of TAA or Gallagher playing alongside Rice., which would be a bonus.

Last night really tested my patience. Making one change, and that being Conor Gallagher starting, was exactly what everyone knew would happen, and completely not what was needed. I really want Southgate to go out on a high - he's a decent bloke, I think he's overall done a good job etc, but fu ck me, we've been grim. I'm trying to take comfort by remembering how sh it we usually are in group stages, and hoping we stumble across some positive chemistry in the knock-outs.

There's something very depressing about it. I've been a Southgate apologist in the past, I've really enjoyed seeing the modern England team play with some freedom and bravery. But now, it isn't just that we look tactically inept -- I think Neville summed it up well when he said we look very basic, making a series of single passes and no patterns -- it's that there seems to be a return of that malaise hanging over the team, like no one wants to be there. Bellingham in particular, sensational 15 minutes against Serbia aside, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 18:00 - Jun 26 with 643 viewsLimehouseR

I've mentioned it before but everyone seems so focussed on our performances.

I've watched Germany be outplayed by Switzerland and almost beat them.
I've seen Italy be entirely uninspiring.
Belgium are struggling to get out of their group and are currently playing fairly poorly against Ukraine.
France couldn't beat Poland.
Netherlands have scraped through in 3rd place.

These are all so called 'contenders'.

Let's see how it goes in the knockouts when yes we will play teams with more quality but who will play a lot more open football that will suit our players.

I'm not ultimately too fussed but I just think we are stoked up by the media and pundits to have some right of passage to finals because we've got players who are considered stars. International football is not Man City v Burnley or Liverpool v Sheffield United. These teams don't turn up as a 'bonus game' thinking about that home tie 6 pointer with Nottingham Forest, they play with everything they've got.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 18:46 - Jun 26 with 598 viewsBoston

Did I miss the game then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 19:01 - Jun 26 with 546 viewsNed_Kennedys

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 18:00 - Jun 26 by LimehouseR

I've mentioned it before but everyone seems so focussed on our performances.

I've watched Germany be outplayed by Switzerland and almost beat them.
I've seen Italy be entirely uninspiring.
Belgium are struggling to get out of their group and are currently playing fairly poorly against Ukraine.
France couldn't beat Poland.
Netherlands have scraped through in 3rd place.

These are all so called 'contenders'.

Let's see how it goes in the knockouts when yes we will play teams with more quality but who will play a lot more open football that will suit our players.

I'm not ultimately too fussed but I just think we are stoked up by the media and pundits to have some right of passage to finals because we've got players who are considered stars. International football is not Man City v Burnley or Liverpool v Sheffield United. These teams don't turn up as a 'bonus game' thinking about that home tie 6 pointer with Nottingham Forest, they play with everything they've got.

The difference is that the teams you have mentioned have all played some stronger opposition than us, and have also played some good football at times. England apart from 15 minutes in the first game have stunk the place out.

I actually think the public and media were NOT expecting England to cruise through every game: England never do that. However as by far the highest ranked team in by far the weakest group then itโ€™s not unreasonable to expect at least ONE decent performance out of the three. The idea that suddenly England will switch it on in the knockout games with the same team, formation and tactics seems unlikely to me.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 19:09 - Jun 26 with 535 viewskensalriser

That Belgium Ukraine game was a remix of the England draws. They certainly don't look any better.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 19:16 - Jun 26 with 516 viewsLimehouseR

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 19:09 - Jun 26 by kensalriser

That Belgium Ukraine game was a remix of the England draws. They certainly don't look any better.

De Byrne keeping it by the corner flag for the last 2 minutes says it all.
They were booed off pretty loudly. KDB sulking and had to be told to go to the fans at the final whistle.
England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 08:46 - Jun 27 with 307 viewsTheChef

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 19:01 - Jun 26 by Ned_Kennedys

The difference is that the teams you have mentioned have all played some stronger opposition than us, and have also played some good football at times. England apart from 15 minutes in the first game have stunk the place out.

I actually think the public and media were NOT expecting England to cruise through every game: England never do that. However as by far the highest ranked team in by far the weakest group then itโ€™s not unreasonable to expect at least ONE decent performance out of the three. The idea that suddenly England will switch it on in the knockout games with the same team, formation and tactics seems unlikely to me.

Other than Spain who have been flying (peaked too soon?) everyone else seems to be much of a muchness.

Georgia have been great fun, high energy, attacking (England take note), their game against Spain should be a cracker.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 09:03 - Jun 27 with 275 viewshubble

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 08:46 - Jun 27 by TheChef

Other than Spain who have been flying (peaked too soon?) everyone else seems to be much of a muchness.

Georgia have been great fun, high energy, attacking (England take note), their game against Spain should be a cracker.

Austria have been superb: well-organised and with no 'star names' to disrupt the team spirit, they have really impressed me. They face Turkey in the next round, should be a great game.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 09:29 - Jun 27 with 223 viewsPlanetHonneywood

England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ v Slovenia ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ Match Thread on 17:54 - Jun 26 by FDC

There's something very depressing about it. I've been a Southgate apologist in the past, I've really enjoyed seeing the modern England team play with some freedom and bravery. But now, it isn't just that we look tactically inept -- I think Neville summed it up well when he said we look very basic, making a series of single passes and no patterns -- it's that there seems to be a return of that malaise hanging over the team, like no one wants to be there. Bellingham in particular, sensational 15 minutes against Serbia aside, looks like he'd rather be anywhere else.

A lot of us have predicted this and seen his limitations at the knockout stage of tournaments. For me, he definitely should have stepped back after Qatar.

However, some of the vitriol aimed at him is ridiculous! Overall, he's done a good job after inheriting a mess, but I rather think he's ruined his legacy by staying too long. For that, the FA is as culpable. Still, if I met him, I'd buy him a beer...i assume it would be a half.

That said, we are in the easy half!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes Lรขโ‚ฌโ„ขoccitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024