Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 19154 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 21:38 - Oct 19 with 1883 viewsDiddy

Is this on Nourry? on 20:12 - Oct 19 by connell10

I'll be honest I don't like Nourry , something about him just sets my spider senses tingling , but I didn't like Hoos either , they both just seem full of shit.

Hoos and Nourry are both on the executive gravy train and provided they don't f up any big decisions and always say the right things in interviews which is comparatively easy they take their big salaries while the real pressure is on the actual workers ie Marti the staff and the players, it's the same for the most part in the corporate world. I struggled to like Hoos myself for some reason, Nourry I just instinctively prefer. They say what they have to say not what they think so I agree full of shit is pretty accurate.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:39 - Oct 19 with 1873 viewsNed_Kennedys

Is this on Nourry? on 21:29 - Oct 19 by stevec

But, by and large, this is the model you have always been crying out for.

Whoever buys into this type of structure is equally to blame, end of. Accept that the structure is the issue here and not one individual.

Exactly: be careful what you wish for.
Plenty on here moaning about our traditional ‘what manager wants, manager gets’ transfer policy.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:42 - Oct 19 with 1827 viewsQPsyR

Yes

FKA AcidPixie

Is this on Nourry? on 21:42 - Oct 19 with 1823 viewsMr_Beef

Whoever buys into this type of structure is equally to blame, end of. Accept that the structure is the issue here and not one individual.

There have been many, and I would count myself as one of them, who have long argued that at a club like QPR that churns through managers and has a "rebuild" every couple of summers there is a need for stability.

And part of that is having a director of football who leads on the ethos and direction of the club. But to do that you need the right person. And I don't think that the right person for that is a bloke in is 20s with neglible experience in football. Certainly none in coaching or playing. So I'd say that the structure could work, although debatable with our owners, but has no chance of doing so with the person leading it.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:44 - Oct 19 with 1803 viewsJamesB1979

He’s young and posh so people don’t like him. He’s not setting the team up and based on today he’s not dictating our formation. Hes not blameless but Marti and the players have to be held more accountable. 7 of the starting eleven were here last season. I think most would say they were/are happy with Nardi and Dembele.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:46 - Oct 19 with 1788 viewsHunterhoop

I think there are two debates:
Structure
Personnel.

Is Nourry the right personnel to be CEO and DOF?

I’ll be honest, he appears to be a Recruitment Consultant, albeit a very well educated one. Appears to have far fewer qualifications in the DOF role to Ferdinand (not that he was perfect!).
Is this on Nourry? on 21:47 - Oct 19 with 1769 viewsNorthernr

And would you want QPR to make me CEO and DOF?
Is this on Nourry? on 21:49 - Oct 19 with 1739 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Marti is picking the team and tactics though. Whatever is going on behind the scenes, it's not going to end well.

We played five men at the back but gave away two shockers and our wing backs rarely got upfield. Our main tactic was hitting it long for Frey, who was isolated even when he won the ball. I don't understand why Saito was on the bench for so long with that shitshow on the pitch. Why was Lloyd not on the bench? He's been one of the highlights of this awful season so far. How have we signed two right-backs that are no better than Kakay? Why was JC-S on the bench if he wasn't fit enough to replace Gus Caesar?
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 21:49 - Oct 19 with 1740 viewsstevec

Is this on Nourry? on 21:39 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Plenty on here moaning about our traditional ‘what manager wants, manager gets’ transfer policy.

Indeed.

I’m still waiting for one of those people to tell me which one of Stock, Jago, Venables, Holloway, Warnock or Redknapp succeeded in getting us promotion under a regime based around the present ‘utopian’ style system rather than a ‘what manager wants’ scenario.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:52 - Oct 19 with 1692 viewsstevec

Is this on Nourry? on 21:47 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Well under the ‘what manager wants’ structure that would cease to be a concern.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:53 - Oct 19 with 1678 viewsJamesB1979

Is this on Nourry? on 21:39 - Oct 19 by Ned_Kennedys

Exactly and he’s been here less than 12 months.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:54 - Oct 19 with 1672 viewsNorthernr

Is this on Nourry? on 21:52 - Oct 19 by stevec

Well under the ‘what manager wants’ structure that would cease to be a concern.

Let’s not pretend that hasn’t been a cataclysmic disaster here, repeatedly.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:55 - Oct 19 with 1664 viewsbaz_qpr

At the end of the day we missed 3 one on ones and Fox gifted them 2 goals. Confidence has gone from the team and we've missed key players.

Celar and Santos look like duff signings, Madsen had a decent first half set up Dembele for one of those one on ones but a poor second half and we know that most fans only ever judge on the result and the 2nd half performance. Armstrong the only player out of those released / moved on that might be making any difference.

They say that typically half your signings will work the half won't work

Cook, Fox and Colback are another year older and it shows for the latter two.

The point being the starting base is not great and it will take a few transfer windows for us to get anywhere near being competitive.

Maybe it should have been one of Dembele or Sato and money set aside for Hayden or another midfielder (who by the way was not starting at the end of the season and tailed off) We desperately need another striker but we just dont have the money with FFP and our income.

We could have just relied on loans but they need to generate assets to move the club forward

We have a limited budget and it's not been great. But we have gifted teams results through individual errors and had a fair amount of bad luck as well.

Many will say Nardi has been the pick of the signings but he is causing us a lot of problems as well. does not command his box, failed twice to let Fox know he had someone closing him down, is not organising the defence. Great shot stopper good with his feet yes, but is bringing us problems too.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:56 - Oct 19 with 1652 viewsslmrstid

I thought when the guy was first appointed he was someone bullsh*tting his way to the top of the corporate ladder and nothing I have seen or heard since has changed my view of that.

Ultimately as CEO/DOF he is just as responsible for football matters as the manager, and if it all goes tits up he needs to take the share of the blame.

So, yes, definitely lots of flak should be thrown his way at the moment.
Is this on Nourry? on 21:58 - Oct 19 with 1611 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 21:47 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Fck that, I’m having a go first
[Post edited 19 Oct 21:59]
Is this on Nourry? on 22:19 - Oct 19 with 1512 viewsstevec

Is this on Nourry? on 21:54 - Oct 19 by Northernr

Let’s not pretend that hasn’t been a cataclysmic disaster here, repeatedly.

That is true as it is throughout football, but it’s also been our one source to success.

One thing no one ever needs is an extra layer of management above them.

Of the six managers I mentioned, could you ever imagine any of them coming here if they had someone between them and the owners calling the shots? Not a chance.
Is this on Nourry? on 22:32 - Oct 19 with 1458 viewsCateLeBonR

I think having Jake Clarke Salter available again, would make a huge difference to this side.
Is this on Nourry? on 22:46 - Oct 19 with 1398 viewsEastLondonR

I believe it is on Nourry.

I didn't think it was in dispute that he is accountable for all the new signings.

Yes some will and some won't work but why have we brought in Sellar, who has been bang average at best, and dropped Kohli who was showing promise before his injury? I know Sellar is on at least 2 times Kohli's salary. Except for Frey who has been terrific for us this year, are our other forwards that good that all of a sudden Kohli doesn't warrant a chance from the bench?

Something doesn't feel right and we have gone in front of 2 poor teams at home and lost on both occasions.
Is this on Nourry? on 22:55 - Oct 19 with 1354 viewsEastLondonR

I believe it is on Nourry.

I didn't think it was in dispute that he is accountable for all the new signings.

Yes some will and some won't work but why have we brought in Sellar, who has been bang average at best, and dropped Kohli who was showing promise before his injury? I know Sellar is on at least 2 times Kohli's salary. Except for Frey who has been terrific for us this year, are our other forwards that good that all of a sudden Kohli doesn't warrant a chance from the bench?

Something doesn't feel right and we have gone in front of 2 poor teams at home and lost on both occasions.
Is this on Nourry? on 23:01 - Oct 19 with 1344 viewsDejR_vu

Is this on Nourry? on 21:32 - Oct 19 by qprd

It’s on the idiot owners who were stupid enough to hire nourry in the first place

Ruben may be generous but his only accomplishment in life is being the sperm that beat all the other sperms

Playing with daddy’s money and never had to learn to be successful

Has repeatedly got rinsed over and over again by chancers ans frauds. Compare that to any other owner whose actually done something to earn their money

Imagine paying loads for football consultants only to have a 25 yr old thrown in front of you…. And then hiring that guy to run the club

100%

They’ve made the same mistake they made with LF. They’ve appointed someone entirely unqualified for the job who’s now learning on the job, again. It’s mind numbingly dumb.

Just like any other organisation, this is all about recruitment. Appointing Nourry is like having an architect draw up the plans for your house and then appointing him to actually physically build the thing himself. Nothing wrong with the plans, but stupid beyond belief to expect him to be able to build it. Anyone with half a brain cell gets a builder in.

We’ve one owner born into money, one married into it. Nice guys, benevolent, but the absolute epitome of “more money than sense”.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Is this on Nourry? on 23:18 - Oct 19 with 1262 viewsconnell10

Is this on Nourry? on 20:30 - Oct 19 by WD99

With the “game model” being rammed down our throats for the last several months, I did find it interesting that we played 3 at the back vs. the game model’s 433/4231, especially since we really needed a win against a poor opponent. Between that and the subs, I do wonder if this was a bit of Martí pulling a Warbs when Warbs intentionally didn’t name a full bench.

He didn't throw the game , let's face the team are shite that's why we lost....edit
[Post edited 20 Oct 0:27]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is this on Nourry? on 23:57 - Oct 19 with 1180 views1JD

It’s on Nourry, because he is the DOF, and he is responsible for assembling the squad. And he’s managed to make one bad decision after another.

You have a team that was in play off form for the second half of last season, and you, foolishly, decide to rip that up and start again.

Then, you decide to spunk a cool £6m on random data-driven signings, from bang average European leagues, because that seems trendy. (Even though we did that, and failed, 10 years ago, but he can’t remember that).

To top it off, you finally decide that, despite signing 10 players, none of those need to have championship experience, flooding the squad with complete unknowns. You don’t see the risk there, because you have no idea what is required to compete at championship level.

And in fact, you have no idea about being a CEO, Director of Football, or frankly anything else in football. And that’s the massive elephant in the room here.
Is this on Nourry? on 00:14 - Oct 20 with 1121 viewsbaz_qpr

Is this on Nourry? on 23:57 - Oct 19 by 1JD

It’s on Nourry, because he is the DOF, and he is responsible for assembling the squad. And he’s managed to make one bad decision after another.

You have a team that was in play off form for the second half of last season, and you, foolishly, decide to rip that up and start again.

Then, you decide to spunk a cool £6m on random data-driven signings, from bang average European leagues, because that seems trendy. (Even though we did that, and failed, 10 years ago, but he can’t remember that).

To top it off, you finally decide that, despite signing 10 players, none of those need to have championship experience, flooding the squad with complete unknowns. You don’t see the risk there, because you have no idea what is required to compete at championship level.

And in fact, you have no idea about being a CEO, Director of Football, or frankly anything else in football. And that’s the massive elephant in the room here.

You say rip it up, who were you keeping?
Is this on Nourry? on 00:18 - Oct 20 with 1089 viewswombat

Is this on Nourry? on 23:57 - Oct 19 by 1JD

Think I’m correct but did Nandi win more headers in the box today than either of our strikers

And somebody said about NARDI being poor I agree , he cause,s havoc in the back four ,dosnt talk to the back four dosnt command his box , awful at crosses ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Is this on Nourry? on 00:23 - Oct 20 with 1078 views1JD

Is this on Nourry? on 00:14 - Oct 20 by baz_qpr

You say rip it up, who were you keeping?

Well, Lyndon Dykes, Chris Willock and Issac Hayden, were three key players for QPR despite splitting opinion with some. Dykes was good for 10 goals a season. Willock was premier league quality in my eyes, but injury prone, and Hayden the same.

So there is a lot of championship quality that was allowed out of the door, and was simply nowhere near adequately replaced, thereby making us significantly weaker. Rule #1 in football, if you happen to land upon the ever elusive winning squad, and all its balance, never change it.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024