Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 19159 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 17:16 - Oct 21 with 1671 viewsLoft1979

Is this on Nourry? on 23:01 - Oct 19 by DejR_vu

100%

They’ve made the same mistake they made with LF. They’ve appointed someone entirely unqualified for the job who’s now learning on the job, again. It’s mind numbingly dumb.

Just like any other organisation, this is all about recruitment. Appointing Nourry is like having an architect draw up the plans for your house and then appointing him to actually physically build the thing himself. Nothing wrong with the plans, but stupid beyond belief to expect him to be able to build it. Anyone with half a brain cell gets a builder in.

We’ve one owner born into money, one married into it. Nice guys, benevolent, but the absolute epitome of “more money than sense”.

Good analogy. But I see it closer to hiring cheap sub-contractors who have never done plumbing before and probably have language challenges.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:33 - Oct 21 with 1573 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 17:08 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Ruben let Amit Bhatia persuade him to appoint Ainsworth, against Ferdinand’s judgement who was clear he didn’t agree with the appointment. When they doubled down the summer and Ely Ainsworth sign who he wanted with what little budget we had, Ferdinand walked.

How has Ruben not messed up there?

How is appointing a 26 year old consultant as CEO not highly questionable?

Not saying he is soley to blame, far from it.

I just think our owners are benevolent fools.

Fools with successful businesses and millions in the bank.

I believe Rubin would be the first to admit that he was pretty much ‘clueless’ when it comes to running a football club which is why he has listen to the advice of others, advice that thus far has been more than hopeless.

It's the easiest thing to highlight people's mistakes but what would you do in his position?
Is this on Nourry? on 17:41 - Oct 21 with 1521 viewsstevec

Is this on Nourry? on 16:51 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

The word “diplomatically”?

Well as Marti signed up to this set up, then it is a collective decision.

The only get out of jail card anyone should give him is getting us up the table and pronto.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:57 - Oct 21 with 1468 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 16:41 - Oct 21 by Northernr

It's vote of confidence time.

And some classic Dave Mc saying something without actually saying it lines...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-has-full-support-of-qpr-hi

I really don't get the point of wasting a place on the subs bench with JCS when you really have no intention of playing him.
Is this on Nourry? on 17:59 - Oct 21 with 1467 viewsdaveB

Is this on Nourry? on 17:05 - Oct 21 by rbee

daveB, with you on the first few paragraphs although I will say again that It was mainly Fernandes that hiked the wage bill not Hughes who didn't want Cesar, Rio, Park etc

Fernandes is and will always be the arch villain.

Les Ferdinand I believe fell out with Warburton and recommended Beale to the board.

So now we come to Ruben who was left holding the baby after Fernandes decided football wasn't for him after all. Until such times someone ITK tells me otherwise I will defend Ruben.

Ruben isn't a football man so has to listen to the advice of those who are and his fellow directors. That is it in a nutshell. He invited other investors to buy in to the club but other than Richard Reilly nobody thus far is interested.

No doubt weary of the advice he has been receiving getting both him and the club nowhere he decided to bring in some fresh eyes in the form of the consultancy and as we know ended up recruiting Nourry. In the January transfer window Nourry was excellent, in the summer transfer window it seems not so excellent which you would assume he has taken on board and will rectify.

Again, I invite you and anyone else to say what would you do in Ruben's position? I will admit that after watching and enjoying football for nearly sixty years I would not have a clue! I probably would never have thought a little outside of the box and brought in a consultancy.

no problem with him bringing in a consultant to look over everything, to then let that person run the club is unbelievable
Is this on Nourry? on 18:04 - Oct 21 with 1442 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 17:59 - Oct 21 by daveB

no problem with him bringing in a consultant to look over everything, to then let that person run the club is unbelievable

It's certainly thinking out of the box but after six years of basically failure under his ownership I can see why Ruben has tried something different.

It would have been a board decision.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:07 - Oct 21 with 1436 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 17:57 - Oct 21 by rbee

I really don't get the point of wasting a place on the subs bench with JCS when you really have no intention of playing him.

I guess the sports scientists said he was only ok for 30 minutes and by that time we were losing so bringing him out would’ve been pointless. Had we not shot our own foot, shin and thigh off and were leading with 30 to play I suspect he’d have come on.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:30 - Oct 21 with 1325 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 17:33 - Oct 21 by rbee

Fools with successful businesses and millions in the bank.

I believe Rubin would be the first to admit that he was pretty much ‘clueless’ when it comes to running a football club which is why he has listen to the advice of others, advice that thus far has been more than hopeless.

It's the easiest thing to highlight people's mistakes but what would you do in his position?

Several posters have already answered your question. Hire someone with experience of the role and a track record of success. He wouldn't put an inexperienced man-child in charge of his business so it beggars belief that he's done exactly that at QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 18:31 - Oct 21 with 1326 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Is this on Nourry? on 16:41 - Oct 21 by Northernr

It's vote of confidence time.

And some classic Dave Mc saying something without actually saying it lines...

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/cifuentes-says-he-has-full-support-of-qpr-hi

Loose against Coventry and he's a dead man walking.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:38 - Oct 21 with 1303 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 18:30 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

Several posters have already answered your question. Hire someone with experience of the role and a track record of success. He wouldn't put an inexperienced man-child in charge of his business so it beggars belief that he's done exactly that at QPR.

Sorry, I have not seen those replies.

I presume you mean the DOF role?
[Post edited 21 Oct 18:40]
Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 with 1254 viewsNorthernr

Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 with 1236 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Is this on Nourry? on 18:38 - Oct 21 by rbee

Sorry, I have not seen those replies.

I presume you mean the DOF role?
[Post edited 21 Oct 18:40]

There is no DOF role currently. DOF responsibilities were baked into the CEO role. This makes the decision to then place an inexperienced whipper-snapper in said CEO role even more questionable.
Is this on Nourry? on 18:50 - Oct 21 with 1232 viewsNorthernr

Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

There is no DOF role currently. DOF responsibilities were baked into the CEO role. This makes the decision to then place an inexperienced whipper-snapper in said CEO role even more questionable.

/insane.
Is this on Nourry? on 19:18 - Oct 21 with 1126 viewsNorthantsHoop

Why did we send Larkeche to Dundee, he was showing improvement and has scored 2 goals there. Always thought he was improving and a bit of a fighter, seemed to have replaced him with two players Ashby and Santos who look pretty poor.
Is this on Nourry? on 19:29 - Oct 21 with 1077 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 by Benny_the_Ball

This I would agree on as it infers that Lee Hoos and Sir Les were twiddling their thumbs 50% of the time.

Too early to judge Nourry in the CEO role and as a DOF he has had one good transfer window and what is turning in to a lousy second one which will require another good January 2025 window. Let's see what transpires.
Is this on Nourry? on 19:31 - Oct 21 with 1069 viewsFDC

Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 by Northernr

I can't work out what Dave is suggesting there?

Edit: unless he's suggesting Nourry is going to make Belk wear the blame for signings not working out
[Post edited 21 Oct 19:39]
Is this on Nourry? on 19:37 - Oct 21 with 1042 viewsNorthernr

Is this on Nourry? on 19:31 - Oct 21 by FDC

Edit: unless he's suggesting Nourry is going to make Belk wear the blame for signings not working out

Well I took it as the head of recruitment will carry the can.
Possibly teed up at the fans forum but the "he's got more power than most heads of recruitment in the game" comment.
Is this on Nourry? on 20:04 - Oct 21 with 937 viewsHunterhoop

Is this on Nourry? on 19:37 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Possibly teed up at the fans forum but the "he's got more power than most heads of recruitment in the game" comment.

The other way to read it is that they bring in an experienced DOF and Nourry backs out into a pure CEO role.
Is this on Nourry? on 20:05 - Oct 21 with 930 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 19:37 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Who knows?!

What I would say is that our last transfer window was very different with the recruitment of many unknown players from abroad.

Is that down to Andy Belkin wielding more power or a change of club ethos?
Is this on Nourry? on 20:08 - Oct 21 with 913 viewscorse

So as Nourry said them four ( nourry, marti,calm,belk) do put their heads together and see what kind of players they need and then belk do some hours with the football manager 2023 to crawl thru the data and gives some names of the players and the they crawl thru some YouTube videos to see if there is anything on those players and nourry opens the money chest.
Wont sack Marti because he just signed a new contract and it will make him ( Nourry) look stupid so the blame goes on Belk.
Whom in my books have not done a particularly good job in identifying players in the recent years.
[Post edited 21 Oct 20:41]
Is this on Nourry? on 20:19 - Oct 21 with 838 viewsstainrods_elbow

Is this on Nourry? on 10:45 - Oct 21 by wombat

im expecting chair and clark salter gone in jan , which is why they extended clark salters contract recently to push the price up , issue will be nobdy is paying top money for players from a club in the bottom 3 of the league

While also presenting the manoeuvre at the FF as something to applaud, exactly as happened with Freeman on the Offish if memory serves. (Which I got bummed in the gob for at the time by bellend fans for telling it as it is.)

As things stand, if the club sell either or both of Chair or JCS in January - and you know, just know, Belk, Nourry and Marti between them couldn't be trusted to replace them with good enough alternatives, or even replace them at all - they'll basically be tossing off the season and ushering in relegation. Perhaps that's their cunning plan?
[Post edited 21 Oct 20:22]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Is this on Nourry? on 20:28 - Oct 21 with 811 viewsrbee

Thus far no club has offered the fees that we would like for Chair and JCS and I would be surprised if that was different in January. Whether we lower our prices is another issue.

Last January's transfer window was excellent. The summer transfer window should be a huge wake up call for all involved. Room for optimism with the January 2025 window.
Is this on Nourry? on 20:31 - Oct 21 with 782 viewsDamo1962

Is this on Nourry? on 19:31 - Oct 21 by FDC

Good . He is the one who should go first. He recommended these duds.
Is this on Nourry? on 20:42 - Oct 21 with 757 viewsloftus77

Is this on Nourry? on 18:48 - Oct 21 by Northernr

Nourry as CEO, Warbs returns as DOF, Cifuentes/Calm remain in post? Or maybe not. I could think of much much worse scenarios (the present). Warbs + Marti - similar-ish footballing outlooks? A thought anyway.
[Post edited 21 Oct 20:42]
Is this on Nourry? on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 718 viewsdaveB

Is this on Nourry? on 20:05 - Oct 21 by rbee

Who knows?!

What I would say is that our last transfer window was very different with the recruitment of many unknown players from abroad.

Is that down to Andy Belkin wielding more power or a change of club ethos?

very similar to the JFH summer when Belk did the same
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024