Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this on Nourry? 19:29 - Oct 19 with 19158 viewsHunterhoop

I’ll bring it to the fore…
Is this on Nourry? on 00:26 - Oct 20 with 2197 viewsrbee

Nourry has implented our style of play and ethos to run through the club.

With recruitment I would guess that Marti would say which positions need strenthening, Andy would come up with several names in each position and Christian, Marti and Andy, possibly Xavi, would decide upon our top targets.

I know we have signed too many Number 10's but we don't know who we were interested in getting but failed to sign.
Is this on Nourry? on 00:39 - Oct 20 with 2145 viewsconnell10

Is this on Nourry? on 00:23 - Oct 20 by 1JD

Well, Lyndon Dykes, Chris Willock and Issac Hayden, were three key players for QPR despite splitting opinion with some. Dykes was good for 10 goals a season. Willock was premier league quality in my eyes, but injury prone, and Hayden the same.

So there is a lot of championship quality that was allowed out of the door, and was simply nowhere near adequately replaced, thereby making us significantly weaker. Rule #1 in football, if you happen to land upon the ever elusive winning squad, and all its balance, never change it.

You lost the argument when you said Dykes is good for 10 goals per season

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Is this on Nourry? on 00:41 - Oct 20 with 2138 viewsbaz_qpr

Well, Lyndon Dykes, Chris Willock and Issac Hayden, were three key players for QPR despite splitting opinion with some. Dykes was good for 10 goals a season. Willock was premier league quality in my eyes, but injury prone, and Hayden the same.

So there is a lot of championship quality that was allowed out of the door, and was simply nowhere near adequately replaced, thereby making us significantly weaker. Rule #1 in football, if you happen to land upon the ever elusive winning squad, and all its balance, never change it.

Dykes hasn't scored 10+ goals in more than one season of his career 20/21. Willock refused a contract. And Hayden I agree but expensive. but the rest that left were no good. Our base we are starting from is super low. This isn't the issue of just one transfer window this is still the outcome of multiple transfer windows. As I said its normally 50 % good 50% bad with transfers Saito Morrison Dembele Nardi I think are decent enough and have potential, contrary to popular opinion I think the same of Madsen (just needs the right structure about him) Ashby, Varane, Bennie jury out but all young. Celar and Santos look really poor signings. In my view we are 3 decent players Centre Back, Centre Mid and Centre forward away from having a decent team. I think the issue is not really what we signed but what we have not signed and what we have had to get rid off from previous seasons
Is this on Nourry? on 00:45 - Oct 20 with 2127 viewsrbee

Is this on Nourry? on 00:39 - Oct 20 by connell10

You lost the argument when you said Dykes is good for 10 goals per season

I have to agree.

Hayden and Willock are two big misses for me, Frey fills the Dykes role. Not signing Hayden on loan again was a mistake, especially as the deal was almost done, and Willock got a better deal at Cardiff.

Nobody will ever alter my opinion that cashing in on Armstrong was the right thing to do.
Is this on Nourry? on 06:05 - Oct 20 with 1817 viewsQPsyR

Is this on Nourry? on 00:45 - Oct 20 by rbee

I have to agree.

Hayden and Willock are two big misses for me, Frey fills the Dykes role. Not signing Hayden on loan again was a mistake, especially as the deal was almost done, and Willock got a better deal at Cardiff.

Nobody will ever alter my opinion that cashing in on Armstrong was the right thing to do.

Exactly

Totally obvious to keep the same team as ended last season, tweak it a bit n like for like but that's it

See Venables 82-83 and 83-84

FKA AcidPixie

Is this on Nourry? on 06:34 - Oct 20 with 1787 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Is this on Nourry? on 00:45 - Oct 20 by rbee

I have to agree.

It's ok to sell a player, it's how you replace them that's the issue.

Of what I saw of SA, just a more robust and faster Forrest Gump, but without the same nous for me. However, reading the comments on here and thoughts of my muchachos that go, Gump would be night and day better currently than the Gimps we appear to have brought in as replacements.

As for whether this is on Kim Jung, well it's happening on his watch and we must assume he signed off on all of this, so currently, his neck is in the guillotine. Be interesting to hear what he has to say and what messaging comes out of Pyongyang on this.....not that this will happen of course!!
[Post edited 20 Oct 6:42]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Is this on Nourry? on 06:52 - Oct 20 with 1771 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Up to a point yes, Nourry is responsible, but Marti coaches them.
Is this on Nourry? on 07:40 - Oct 20 with 1684 viewsdmm

There seems to be a majority who see Nourry as largely responsible for where we are now. So, what's the solution?
Login to get fewer ads

Is this on Nourry? on 07:40 - Oct 20 with 1666 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is this on Nourry? on 00:18 - Oct 20 by wombat

Think I’m correct but did Nandi win more headers in the box today than either of our strikers

And somebody said about NARDI being poor I agree , he cause,s havoc in the back four ,dosnt talk to the back four dosnt command his box , awful at crosses ,

Maybe Nardi doesn’t trust our defenders because he can see they are dogshit?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is this on Nourry? on 07:43 - Oct 20 with 1671 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Is this on Nourry? on 07:40 - Oct 20 by dmm

There seems to be a majority who see Nourry as largely responsible for where we are now. So, what's the solution?

Pray or sacrifice Jude the Cat on the pitch. At least when Ainsworth was manager you new that sacking him was the answer, but I'm at a lose.
MC has to take a lot of responsibility for this though, no way does he get a free pass. It honestly looks like the players aren't playing for him.

I really hate QPR some times.
Is this on Nourry? on 08:07 - Oct 20 with 1636 viewsDeanoMD

Is this on Nourry? on 21:47 - Oct 19 by Northernr

And would you want QPR to make me CEO and DOF?

I would 1000% support this, I mean what could possibly go wrong......
Is this on Nourry? on 08:10 - Oct 20 with 1628 viewsdavman

Is this on Nourry? on 21:32 - Oct 19 by qprd

It’s on the idiot owners who were stupid enough to hire nourry in the first place

Ruben may be generous but his only accomplishment in life is being the sperm that beat all the other sperms

Playing with daddy’s money and never had to learn to be successful

Has repeatedly got rinsed over and over again by chancers ans frauds. Compare that to any other owner whose actually done something to earn their money

Imagine paying loads for football consultants only to have a 25 yr old thrown in front of you…. And then hiring that guy to run the club

It is this.

The club has been utterly inept since the fans drove Richard Thompson out. Crap leadership, no strategy, crap appointments until Briatore lucked out on Warnock. Face it, apart from some Holloway magic from when the club was on its knees, a Warnock masterclass for one season after disaster after disaster when we had money and an excessively expensively assembled squad leading to a playoff win, we have been utterly shite.

...and on this latest pile of crap, the owners have run away, Dougie Howser MD shows his face once in a while to take soft questions, the recruitment team buys "ballers" and not footballers, the manager thinks that we can chase a game without Dembele or Chair on the pitch and best of all the players have no urgency, no commitment and a stunning lack of ability.

Fault is everywhere and especially yesterday.

We lost because Morgan Fox gave away two goals. They created very, very little apart from that. We lost because Illias Chair misses a simple one on one. We lost because the team that finished that game could not score in a brothel with £1000 in their pocket.

Why JCS did not play, I'll never know. If he can get on the bench, surely he can start?

Nardi, Frey and Dembele can have their heads up, the rest of them well off the standard. Special mention to Paal, Smyth and Fox though. Garbage the three of them. The big failing of our club is that they HAVE to play; who else do we have?
[Post edited 20 Oct 8:28]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Is this on Nourry? on 08:50 - Oct 20 with 1510 viewsgazza1

Dykes & Willock cant get starts at their new clubs but you believe that they are key reasons why we are having poor performances.....Don't know what Hayden is doing now.

Why do you think that the three of them are the reason we are playing poorly.

We lost yesterday because Fox defended so poorly and Pompey scored twice from them plus Chair's missed chance (WTF was he thinking!!!). 2-0, relax put Pompey under massive pressures and we get 3 points.

As for Nourry - I am so shocked what I am hearing that MC doesn't have input into the players that we sign or the system(s) we play......TBH I do not see how that can work.
Is this on Nourry? on 08:51 - Oct 20 with 1501 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 21:05 - Oct 19 by stainrods_elbow

I'm getting sick and fed up of all these excuses and endless lists of what out players can't (or won't) do. It's time for MC to decide what they CAN do (if thet can do anything), get some round pegs in round holes, and give them a plan to go out and win a football match.

If he can't do that, Nourry should pay off his contract out of his own money as he handed his extension to him, and then consider his own position. Then the club should move on those players who shouldn't be here, overseen by someone who knows the Champ and what the f*ck they're doing!

As this is QPR, I am confident none of this will happen and fully prepared for Cook to be wheeled out on the Offish sticking fingers in his own eyeballs this time next month.

I mean it’s not really an excuse. Cifuentes will be sacked shortly if he doesn’t get a tune out of this squad and we will go to the next man up who will have the exact same issue - 5’4 wingers on both sides who don’t track back, no full backs of the standard required and a supremely immobile centre forward whose first touch finds the stands more often than controls the ball.

If the mandate is going to remain to play a lone striker then whoever replaces Cifuentes needs to be someone who can teach Frey or Celar to play nice one touch give and go football or else the same issues will remain.

And even with if they achieve that they then need to turn Colback and Varane into Busquets and Xavi or else we will continue to haemorrhage goals.
Is this on Nourry? on 09:00 - Oct 20 with 1471 viewsGus_iom

Is this on Nourry? on 21:47 - Oct 19 by Northernr

And would you want QPR to make me CEO and DOF?

Yes. Pre-match team talks in the C&S, all major decisions appertaining to club strategy made after a heavy defeat, many pints, and lots of uneducated input.
It's a long shot, bit it's our only shot.....
Is this on Nourry? on 09:08 - Oct 20 with 1433 viewsGaryHaddock

‘One day you are cock of the walk, the next day you are a feather duster’

Nothing against him personally, he’s just a human being after all, but football needs to eject these Saville Row suited barnacles from football completely.
Is this on Nourry? on 09:13 - Oct 20 with 1402 viewsgazza1

Is this on Nourry? on 08:51 - Oct 20 by lassel

I mean it’s not really an excuse. Cifuentes will be sacked shortly if he doesn’t get a tune out of this squad and we will go to the next man up who will have the exact same issue - 5’4 wingers on both sides who don’t track back, no full backs of the standard required and a supremely immobile centre forward whose first touch finds the stands more often than controls the ball.

If the mandate is going to remain to play a lone striker then whoever replaces Cifuentes needs to be someone who can teach Frey or Celar to play nice one touch give and go football or else the same issues will remain.

And even with if they achieve that they then need to turn Colback and Varane into Busquets and Xavi or else we will continue to haemorrhage goals.

Sorry but this is nonsense......

Both wingers track back and work hard but are not that good at defending, they certainly track back. Paal & Dunne are not that s bad as full back & Frey is very mobile with what I see. He is getting 'stick' from some for his performance yesterday but I thought that he did his bit tbh, not perfect control but not that bad. Some of his work is very good and better than we have had for a long time.
Is this on Nourry? on 09:19 - Oct 20 with 1376 viewsPhilmyRs

We were a poor side last season, but what was a major factor in getting us over the line was fitness - we actually had one of the best injury records in the league. This season we’re not being so lucky, and it is having an impact. I think if we’d retained the same fitness levels, we’d be in a different league position and wouldn’t be having this debate.

That said, last season I thought we were starting the season with one of the most worrying set of strikers we’ve had and didn’t think it was possible to be in a worse position, but somehow this season we’ve achieved that, with one of the most worrying forward options in many a year. That’s on the recruitment team.

Everyone fit, I think we’ll be ok. Injuries continuing to bite and I worry…a lot.
Is this on Nourry? on 09:46 - Oct 20 with 1307 viewsGus_iom

Is this on Nourry? on 09:19 - Oct 20 by PhilmyRs

We were a poor side last season, but what was a major factor in getting us over the line was fitness - we actually had one of the best injury records in the league. This season we’re not being so lucky, and it is having an impact. I think if we’d retained the same fitness levels, we’d be in a different league position and wouldn’t be having this debate.

That said, last season I thought we were starting the season with one of the most worrying set of strikers we’ve had and didn’t think it was possible to be in a worse position, but somehow this season we’ve achieved that, with one of the most worrying forward options in many a year. That’s on the recruitment team.

Everyone fit, I think we’ll be ok. Injuries continuing to bite and I worry…a lot.

Losing JCS and his replacement, losing Colback and his replacement, at the same time has certainly weakened us.
Again, I look at our development squad, and the lack of players coming through it. Morgan made an impact today, but is essentially a new signing, not a product from our increasingly expensive, stalled treadmill
Is this on Nourry? on 09:53 - Oct 20 with 1283 viewspaulhoop2

If Les was still DOF this post would be slating him yet some are giving nourry a free pass it’s laughable. He’s totally inept the clubs operation is rotten to the core. They have brought in mates in various roles ( head of ops / head of performance ( if he’s still there ) / coaching staff ) now again if this was Les / Ramsey everyone would be giving them pelters- it’s beyond a joke and needs to change soon

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Is this on Nourry? on 10:05 - Oct 20 with 1219 viewsNortholt_Rs

Is this on Nourry? on 09:53 - Oct 20 by paulhoop2

If Les was still DOF this post would be slating him yet some are giving nourry a free pass it’s laughable. He’s totally inept the clubs operation is rotten to the core. They have brought in mates in various roles ( head of ops / head of performance ( if he’s still there ) / coaching staff ) now again if this was Les / Ramsey everyone would be giving them pelters- it’s beyond a joke and needs to change soon

There are loads of posts on here pointing the finger at Nourry and the hordes of back room grifters we have at the club. Kevin Gallen flagged the appointment of a 26 year old with zero experience in football and he got slaughtered. Magic Hat was spot on: this kid is an imbecile. Look at the fkn state of our club! What other Championship club would bring in a know nothing, nobody as CEO and DOF? It’s fkn insane!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Is this on Nourry? on 10:15 - Oct 20 with 1154 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 09:13 - Oct 20 by gazza1

Sorry but this is nonsense......

Both wingers track back and work hard but are not that good at defending, they certainly track back. Paal & Dunne are not that s bad as full back & Frey is very mobile with what I see. He is getting 'stick' from some for his performance yesterday but I thought that he did his bit tbh, not perfect control but not that bad. Some of his work is very good and better than we have had for a long time.

I’m always loath to disagree with an expert like yourself, but if you’re genuinely suggesting that Frey can play quick one touch football, lightning transitions and linking up play in the pockets then unfortunately I would have to conclude we are watching different sports, let alone different players.

He cares, he tries hard, he’s worked his balls off to upgrade his mobility from erosion to glacial melting but Cifuentes wouldn’t let him in the building, let alone be relying on him if he had his way. Cifuentes, and whoever replaces him is going to have both hands tied behind their back if their options are Frey or Celar as a lone striker.
Is this on Nourry? on 11:20 - Oct 20 with 983 viewsNed_Kennedys

Is this on Nourry? on 10:15 - Oct 20 by lassel

I’m always loath to disagree with an expert like yourself, but if you’re genuinely suggesting that Frey can play quick one touch football, lightning transitions and linking up play in the pockets then unfortunately I would have to conclude we are watching different sports, let alone different players.

He cares, he tries hard, he’s worked his balls off to upgrade his mobility from erosion to glacial melting but Cifuentes wouldn’t let him in the building, let alone be relying on him if he had his way. Cifuentes, and whoever replaces him is going to have both hands tied behind their back if their options are Frey or Celar as a lone striker.

What a lovely patronising post.
How about the management concentrate on Frey’s strengths and what he CAN do (like actually scoring goals when given service) and set up tactically to accommodate this?
Is this on Nourry? on 11:56 - Oct 20 with 885 viewspaulhoop2

Is this on Nourry? on 10:05 - Oct 20 by Northolt_Rs

There are loads of posts on here pointing the finger at Nourry and the hordes of back room grifters we have at the club. Kevin Gallen flagged the appointment of a 26 year old with zero experience in football and he got slaughtered. Magic Hat was spot on: this kid is an imbecile. Look at the fkn state of our club! What other Championship club would bring in a know nothing, nobody as CEO and DOF? It’s fkn insane!

Northolt well said mate. Nourry is hiding behind the hyberbole it’s pathetic also why on earth are we paying big dollar to Ben Williams when he’s not even in the country ! Need to push more at forums about this .

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

Is this on Nourry? on 12:28 - Oct 20 with 787 viewslassel

Is this on Nourry? on 11:20 - Oct 20 by Ned_Kennedys

What a lovely patronising post.
How about the management concentrate on Frey’s strengths and what he CAN do (like actually scoring goals when given service) and set up tactically to accommodate this?

That’s exactly what we are doing, hence the rather ugly direct style that has been commented on repeatedly in recent weeks.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024