Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LLM Ban on LFW 10:23 - Sep 2 with 6075 viewsEuroRanger

Following my post at the bottom of the championship spending thread, I'd like to propose to Clive that he bans AI-generated content from the forum. It's just misinformation and it wastes everyone's time, while filling threads with slop.
[Post edited 2 Sep 10:24]
15
LLM Ban on LFW on 16:20 - Sep 2 with 1428 viewsTwoHalves

LLM Ban on LFW on 13:46 - Sep 2 by robith

I asked claude to summarise it. It was my paid account though, so be careful about bias; it has taken a very positive view of my contributions:

TwoHalves, short version.

"LLM" means large language model. That's the tech behind ChatGPT, Claude and the rest. When people say "AI" on here, that's what they mean.

EuroRanger has asked Clive to ban AI-generated content on the board. What's set him off is the growing number of posts along the lines of "I asked ChatGPT and it said…", where someone pastes a wall of machine-written text straight into a thread without checking any of it.

The main threads of argument:

Where's the line? E17hoop points out that AI is now baked into Word, Google Docs and Grammarly, so almost any post could be "AI-assisted". He's also used it to mock up kit designs. EuroRanger's answer is that spellcheck isn't the issue: it's whole posts written by a machine and copied over.
Could you even enforce it? derbyhoop reckons good luck policing it. E17hoop's worry is you end up accusing someone of cheating because their writing reads a bit oddly. EuroRanger thinks it's easier to spot than people assume, and that you'd handle it case by case.
Ban the tool or ban the behaviour? E17hoop says moderate the actual problems, wrong facts and thread-flooding, and it doesn't matter what produced them. EuroRanger counters that policing misinformation generally is impossible on a board full of ITK rumours, whereas AI slop is verifiably wrong and isn't even anybody's genuine opinion.

For a ban: it fills threads with rubbish, the facts are often wrong, there's very little about QPR in the training data anyway, and it's not a fellow fan's view, it's a machine's.

Against a ban: nobody can define "AI content" precisely, nobody can prove it either way, innocent uses get caught, and the honest fix is to moderate bad posts on their merits.

Where most people seem to agree: nobody is defending unchecked copy-paste. vanrrrr's line sums it up, at least read and edit the thing and make it your own.

Also worth knowing: colinallcars brought up AI-generated folk singers being pushed by far-right accounts, QPROslo wants the whole lot switched off, and robith cheerfully posted his AI betting model's picks for tonight midway through the ban debate.


I’ll go with the majority!
0
LLM Ban on LFW on 16:31 - Sep 2 with 1372 viewsloftupper

There is plenty of human generated misinformation on here already, opinions and assumptions masquerading as truth. Why pick on the machines?
1
LLM Ban on LFW on 18:31 - Sep 2 with 1222 viewsSteiner

LLM Ban on LFW on 16:31 - Sep 2 by loftupper

There is plenty of human generated misinformation on here already, opinions and assumptions masquerading as truth. Why pick on the machines?


It's an effort thing - if someone wants to craft a persona that has them as someone on the training field by day, in the canteen every afternoon and in the boardroom at night, then sure, we'll pull on the loose strings and watch it blow up in their face.

The AI posters? It's half a disposable thought they had mid-wipe and outsourced to a machine. Zero interest.
1
LLM Ban on LFW on 18:49 - Sep 2 with 1199 viewsMatch82

LLM Ban on LFW on 16:31 - Sep 2 by loftupper

There is plenty of human generated misinformation on here already, opinions and assumptions masquerading as truth. Why pick on the machines?


I like reading what people have to say even if I disagree with it
I have no interest in hearing what ai has to say, especially when it's blindly copied and pasted into 8 long paragraphs and still doesn't say anything meaningful
6
LLM Ban on LFW on 09:26 - Sep 3 with 960 viewsrobith

LLM Ban on LFW on 13:24 - Sep 2 by robith

I have a Claude betting agent that I built quite successfully during the World Cup and now using for the champo (the pricing is less tight than the prem)

It's not a bet as the real prices don't beat the expected value - but the data says both teams to score, over 2.5, Smyth shot on target


As smyth didn't play that leg was void and this was a winner fyi
0
LLM Ban on LFW on 19:03 - Sep 3 with 777 viewsR_from_afar

Full Fact analysis shows AI chatbots spouting misinformation about AI-generated images, wars and royal fall outs (QPR not mentioned ):

https://fullfact.org/technolog

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

0
LLM Ban on LFW on 20:19 - Sep 3 with 723 viewsRsole

LLM Ban on LFW on 15:25 - Sep 2 by Boston

You do know there are only four human posters on this board?


3.

Elbow has a sabbatical.

Those possessed by devils, try and keep them under control a bit, can't you ?

0
LLM Ban on LFW on 21:11 - Sep 3 with 657 viewsCiderwithRsie

LLM Ban on LFW on 11:57 - Sep 2 by colinallcars

I mentioned this on a different thread. I'd rather have a discussion with errors.
Recently, I was trawling through youtube looking some folky music.
I came across Amelia - AI generated young lady singing British songs, sea shanties etc.
I later found out it's put out by far right groups and even has Tommy Robinson in some.
Anyone seen it ? It's weird and there seems to be hundreds of them.


That's interesting, I recently came across that Amelia thing because like you I was trawling YouTube, in my case looking for a specific C18th British Army marching song referenced in some history I was reading and I wanted to check the lyrics, and it was one of the clearest recordings for that purpose.

As an actual musical performance it did strike me as competent but slightly fake - not obviously computer-generated but none of the rough edges or feeling that you get with real folk music, and, well, not really British (which was supposedly the point) - an American's idea of Britishness if you like.
0
Login to get fewer ads

LLM Ban on LFW on 21:20 - Sep 3 with 642 viewsCiderwithRsie

LLM Ban on LFW on 13:36 - Sep 2 by TwoHalves

Feel like I’m living in a parallel universe. Am I the only one who doesn’t understand a word of this thread?


In case it helps, I was reading today about a local councillor up in rural Scotland who's had to resign.

There's an option on election nomination forms that allows you to appear on the ballot paper under the name you're "usually known as", which in his case was AI Willie.

Turns out the name on his birth certificate is William and his business provides the bovine semen for all the local farmers.

(A libel lawyer writes: The insemination of farmyard animals has absolutely nothing to do with his resignation).
0
LLM Ban on LFW on 21:22 - Sep 3 with 638 viewsCiderwithRsie

LLM Ban on LFW on 15:25 - Sep 2 by Boston

You do know there are only four human posters on this board?


Yeah but there's quite a lot of us chimpanzees.
0
LLM Ban on LFW on 00:19 - Sep 4 with 552 viewshubble

This_thread_does_not_compute. Resistance_is_useless.

Exterminate_exterminate_exterminate!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

0
LLM Ban on LFW on 12:22 - Sep 4 with 452 viewsbaz_qpr

I lead on Ai at work and it's very useful if you know how to use it properly and work with it rather than have it do stuff and just use the first thing that comes out of it.

However 100% in agreement with the OP. This site is about us and our club real people with real opinions creating real content so lets keep it that way and cherish it for what is and always has been
1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026