Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why do we do certain things a certain way in life 13:43 - Sep 30 with 869 viewswombat

Just had a thought why when you have a sandwich do you cut top to bottom normally and not left to right across the bread,



Poll: which is your favouite foot

1
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 13:48 - Sep 30 with 832 viewscolinallcars

My fav sarnie is brown shrimp.
You have to press the outside edges hard or the shrimps fall out, then cut through the middle.

.
0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 13:59 - Sep 30 with 801 viewsWokingR

Cut diagonally
It's exotic
0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:05 - Sep 30 with 773 viewsMrSheen

Steady on boys, save some good stuff for nearer the end of the international break.
6
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:32 - Sep 30 with 705 viewsSimonJames

I cut diagonally. Easier to start eating and holds the filling in better.

100% of people who drink water will die.

0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:58 - Sep 30 with 665 viewsthame_hoops

And when we knock on a door, why do we lift our arm and hand up, that’s extra effort. Why not knock at waist level?

Poll: Should Southampton be thrown out of the EFL playoffs?

1
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 15:10 - Sep 30 with 634 viewsMick_S

why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:58 - Sep 30 by thame_hoops

And when we knock on a door, why do we lift our arm and hand up, that’s extra effort. Why not knock at waist level?


Knocking at waist level could look very suspect especially if no one is in.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 10:05 - Oct 1 with 343 viewslangtoft

Hang on in there Will. Day 12/20 of the international break
0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 11:26 - Oct 1 with 295 viewsBluce_Ree

Tapping on cans of coke. Every time I get a can of fizzy drink, I tap it on top three times. I once heard f**king years ago that it stops it exploding if the can has been agitated.

I've also since heard, many times, that that is in fact complete bollocks.

And yet I still do it, pavlovian like.

Worse though. Every time I take a piss, I spit in the bog first. I don't spit anywhere else EVER (I advocate for public hangings for public spitters), but I've got this like spit-piss chain going. Like it helps my brain tell my body that it's pissing time.

That's fine. EXCEPT that during Covid I was in a Costa or something for some reason and I went for a piss and spat in my mask.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

3
Login to get fewer ads

why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 12:40 - Oct 1 with 216 viewsE17hoop

Sandwiches cut diagonally taste better - science fact.
https://www.tastingtable.com/2

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 13:17 - Oct 1 with 162 viewsBluce_Ree

Diagonal makes sense as you can put the pointy bit in your gob first and work your way in.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

0
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:17 - Oct 1 with 100 viewswombat

why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 12:40 - Oct 1 by E17hoop

Sandwiches cut diagonally taste better - science fact.
https://www.tastingtable.com/2


ill rival that with does coke( the fizzy soft drink ) taste better our of
A Can
b Glass bottle
C Plastic bottle ?

for me always the old school glass bottle wins

Poll: which is your favouite foot

1
why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 15:04 - Oct 1 with 46 viewsE17hoop

why do we do certain things a certain way in life on 14:17 - Oct 1 by wombat

ill rival that with does coke( the fizzy soft drink ) taste better our of
A Can
b Glass bottle
C Plastic bottle ?

for me always the old school glass bottle wins


Glass. It's chemically inert and doesn't react to the ingredients and will also retain more CO2. As a Greek waiter once told me about 40 years ago, if you pour your fizzy drinks into a glass, they'll always taste better.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: System of A Down vs England WC SF

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026