Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Julien Stéphan Interview 06:47 - Oct 7 with 1504 viewsNorthernr

Annual sit down with the manager, done in conjunction with Conor/Hoopsa this year, now available to read on site or listen to/watch (free of charge, no subscription required) via the Patreon...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/

https://www.patreon.com/LoftFo

This post has been edited by an administrator
11
Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:35 - Oct 7 with 1301 viewsA40Bosh

Morning Clive
Might just be me but I cannot get any sound working on the video on the patreon website

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:47 - Oct 7 with 1263 viewsJeff

Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:35 - Oct 7 by A40Bosh

Morning Clive
Might just be me but I cannot get any sound working on the video on the patreon website


Morning Bosh, i'm the Patreon Tech guy for Clive

how are you attempting to access the patreon - are you using the Patreon app on a smart device, or just clicked the link above on a laptop browser?

are you signed in as a patreon member or just accessing as a guest?

Seems to be working this end across multiple formats / devices, so don't think it's a global issue with the video - send me a DM if you'd like me to troubleshoot with you?

Can we not knock it?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:49 - Oct 7 with 1253 viewsA40Bosh

I’ll take another look Jeff thanks

Will let you know.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:54 - Oct 7 with 1219 viewsA40Bosh

Ok, so if I scroll down through the notification email past the listen now box there is then a Loft for words link which then opens the Patreon website in a different format and it has sound mate. Just pressing listen now doesn’t anymore.

Thanks

Liam

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 08:02 - Oct 7 with 1186 viewsJeff

Julien Stéphan Interview on 07:54 - Oct 7 by A40Bosh

Ok, so if I scroll down through the notification email past the listen now box there is then a Loft for words link which then opens the Patreon website in a different format and it has sound mate. Just pressing listen now doesn’t anymore.

Thanks

Liam


Thanks Liam, i think i've managed to replicate the issue from the email link - for some reason (not by design!) when you click the 'listen now' link it plays the video but muted - you can unmute it by clicking on the sound trumpet within the video itself, you don't need to change your laptop sound settings.

(in case helpful for anyone else)

not sure why it does that, certainly not a settingwe're put in place.

Can we not knock it?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 08:41 - Oct 7 with 1025 viewsHugey

Also struggling with this. Managed to listen by unmuting, as above. But it stops playing if I leave that page. Sure I'm missing something obvious!
0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 08:51 - Oct 7 with 970 viewsthehat

Thanks Clive - Really enjoyed that.

I am very happy with JS and pleased he signed a new contract. He brings the stability we have been missing for years and will go on to greater things for sure.

Pleased to hear Kone is back in training especially with Burrell out for a few weeks.

Looks like Kolli will be given his chance in the next few games hope he takes it.

The club continues to move in the right direction albeit with bumps along the way.
2
Julien Stéphan Interview on 09:10 - Oct 7 with 861 viewsHugey

Julien Stéphan Interview on 08:41 - Oct 7 by Hugey

Also struggling with this. Managed to listen by unmuting, as above. But it stops playing if I leave that page. Sure I'm missing something obvious!


Update .. the old 'turn the phone on and off again' has done the trick!
0
Login to get fewer ads

Julien Stéphan Interview on 09:12 - Oct 7 with 852 views1BobbyHazell

Thanks Clive, that was a great listen with some 'top' questions.

I've become a big JS fan and I think he speaks really well. In depth, honest, intelligent, exploratory answers with little cliche and no bullsh1t. All in his second language!

Whatever the story/history behind the Kolli situation may be he is very clear where it stands now. I really liked the straight up nature of his reply/stance and I take him at his word. It is clearly up to Kolli to shape up, get his head down and make the most of his talent. The kind of football we are playing now is made for him, and our current combination of high number of chances created with under performing XG is crying out for someone who can strike a ball like he does. Come on son, are you up for it?

Absolutely love the whole 'standards' thing. Clearly more than just empty words. There will be no exemptions. Good.

Listening to him you can really see how his philosophical and psychological understanding and his ability to convey it to the players must play a huge part in the uptick of the quality and bravery we are showing on the ball this season. Getting them to trust themselves and the process, knowing results will come off that All with a lot of determination, belief and good old fashioned fight thrown in. Marvellous.

Very pleased to have him here.


West Ham 3 QPR 0
5
Julien Stéphan Interview on 09:31 - Oct 7 with 749 viewsTheChef

Cheers Clive! Nice that the club finally let you near him...

Although I wonder if they would have been that willing if we weren't currently in the top six.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

1
Julien Stéphan Interview on 10:02 - Oct 7 with 629 viewsMick_S

Julien Stéphan Interview on 09:12 - Oct 7 by 1BobbyHazell

Thanks Clive, that was a great listen with some 'top' questions.

I've become a big JS fan and I think he speaks really well. In depth, honest, intelligent, exploratory answers with little cliche and no bullsh1t. All in his second language!

Whatever the story/history behind the Kolli situation may be he is very clear where it stands now. I really liked the straight up nature of his reply/stance and I take him at his word. It is clearly up to Kolli to shape up, get his head down and make the most of his talent. The kind of football we are playing now is made for him, and our current combination of high number of chances created with under performing XG is crying out for someone who can strike a ball like he does. Come on son, are you up for it?

Absolutely love the whole 'standards' thing. Clearly more than just empty words. There will be no exemptions. Good.

Listening to him you can really see how his philosophical and psychological understanding and his ability to convey it to the players must play a huge part in the uptick of the quality and bravery we are showing on the ball this season. Getting them to trust themselves and the process, knowing results will come off that All with a lot of determination, belief and good old fashioned fight thrown in. Marvellous.

Very pleased to have him here.


West Ham 3 QPR 0


😂

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 10:16 - Oct 7 with 584 viewsdmm

Thanks very much Clive. Stephan is, as many managers are, very good at giving answers without providing straight up information that he wants to keep to himself.

Nonetheless, I liked your questions and there were positive replies from Julien with, as he might say himself, good personality.
0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:01 - Oct 7 with 405 viewsnix

Excellent interview. Enough frankness from Stephan that you learn a bit about him and his philosophy without throwing people under the bus. I like him and I can see why players might respect him.

He’s actually quite funny at times too.
1
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:05 - Oct 7 with 393 viewsTheChef

Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:01 - Oct 7 by nix

Excellent interview. Enough frankness from Stephan that you learn a bit about him and his philosophy without throwing people under the bus. I like him and I can see why players might respect him.

He’s actually quite funny at times too.


He also seems to like repeating words two or three times

*shrugs in gallic*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

0
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:15 - Oct 7 with 345 viewsnix

Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:05 - Oct 7 by TheChef

He also seems to like repeating words two or three times

*shrugs in gallic*


He does it a lot, a lot, a lot….

I’m a big Francophile though. Years of sighing over Alain Delon and thinking how sophisticated sitting in French cafes seemed back in the day compared to our Wimpys caffs!

Think he likes Clive and Conor though and appreciates them not asking daft questions.
2
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:17 - Oct 7 with 327 viewsNorthernr

He's clearly a lot more settled, comfortable and confident than he was when I last spoke with him, which is understandable given the timing.
4
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:32 - Oct 7 with 254 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Could listen to him all day.

I'm on the fence about whether Kolli's situation requires so much airing, though. No matter what Stéphan, or anyone else says, it leaves more gaps for conjecture and supposition among the fanbase.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2
Julien Stéphan Interview on 11:55 - Oct 7 with 153 viewsdmm

According to the Beeb, Stephan's message to his players ahead of the Wham game is "Show ambition or stay at home": https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/fo

Like it!
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026