Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great draw tonight... 00:49 - Oct 10 with 3637 viewsqpr_1968

everyone expecting us to lose.....i thought we'd win, and could have done.
have faith ....no loss away from home....yet.

i am going to love my weekend....

you rrrrrssss.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

14
Great draw tonight... on 13:07 - Oct 10 with 757 viewsSuperhoops2808

Great draw tonight... on 12:02 - Oct 10 by nix

Except I didn’t say any of that. Obviously from a playing viewpoint I’d have kept Kemper on. No one is saying any different.

We were talking about player loading when you’ve got yet another three day week. And unless you put on here before Lamptey went on that he was bound to get injured then it’s just the benefit of hindsight. What if Kemper had got injured or couldn’t play on Wednesday? Medicine isn’t an exact science and yet you’re expecting it to be. It doesn’t work like that. Players can be injury free if they carry on playing or get injured even if their minutes are managed. All you can do is maximise the chances of being injury free and minimise the chances of the injuries by being careful with their loading and that’s what we’re doing.


Exactly this, after what I saw last night I want Kemper to be fit for all our games and if that means subbing him after 60 for the next few games then I will take it. He was awesome and my MoM - I want him available as much as possible

He doesnt have the injury history that others do and for me is our first choice LB so lets look after him not burn him out in a game we were not expected to get anything from
1
Great draw tonight... on 14:08 - Oct 10 with 617 viewsbaz_qpr

I find the criticism of the manager bizarre. It was an absolute tactical masterclass for 65 minutes. Yes the subs caused us problems I'd say Vale for Smyth was more impactful than the Lampty one who bar his first 30 minutes has looked the best player on the pitch in all the games he played. But the manager can only do what he can do with what he has available to him, and so many injuries or players returning from injury and we had no wingers / pace available on the bench, a half fit out of form Kone replacing Kolli who has not played a full 90 all season.
5
Great draw tonight... on 14:18 - Oct 10 with 587 viewsfrancisbowles

Great draw tonight... on 12:01 - Oct 10 by QPROslo

Tyler on QPR+ was also concerned for Kemper for a minute or two during the game , he was struggling with something physical. He didn't elaborate and they were probably on a a minute long focus of someone in the stands at the time.


It was in the latter stages of the first half and looked like a pull in the top of the thigh or groin. He was hobbling a bit and holding his thigh a bit. I was surprised he made the second half. He did seem to be ok after HT but it was the correct decision to sub him. I hope there's not a reaction and he is ok for Wednesday.
1
Great draw tonight... on 14:20 - Oct 10 with 583 viewsEuroRanger

Great draw tonight... on 14:08 - Oct 10 by baz_qpr

I find the criticism of the manager bizarre. It was an absolute tactical masterclass for 65 minutes. Yes the subs caused us problems I'd say Vale for Smyth was more impactful than the Lampty one who bar his first 30 minutes has looked the best player on the pitch in all the games he played. But the manager can only do what he can do with what he has available to him, and so many injuries or players returning from injury and we had no wingers / pace available on the bench, a half fit out of form Kone replacing Kolli who has not played a full 90 all season.


Exactly this. We were all eulogising about him pocketing the geezer against Cardiff, how can you assume that he'd do a worse job than Kemper here? Lots of 20:20 hindsight in this thread in my opinion.

Good point in a game we expected to lose. Gotta keep that perspective for the rest of the season, especially if we beat Derby. Not beating Derby would be a much bigger problem than 'only' getting a point this time.
3
Great draw tonight... on 14:43 - Oct 10 with 524 viewsQPROslo

Great draw tonight... on 14:18 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

It was in the latter stages of the first half and looked like a pull in the top of the thigh or groin. He was hobbling a bit and holding his thigh a bit. I was surprised he made the second half. He did seem to be ok after HT but it was the correct decision to sub him. I hope there's not a reaction and he is ok for Wednesday.


Didn't know that, thanks. Tyler was by himself, Sinton in Norway Tyler said, so less information than normal.
0
Great draw tonight... on 17:38 - Oct 10 with 374 viewsgazza1

Great draw tonight... on 09:36 - Oct 10 by francisbowles

Digging in nonsense as usual. Never, ever accepting opposite views. No chance of changing your views, is there?

If the manager had left Kemper on and he had broken down and missed future games, especially with Cirkin banned, he would have been hammered. If Smyth had stayed on he would have had less chance of being fit for upcoming matches. If Scarlett has to start on Wednesday, you will be the first to moan.

FFS get real.
[Post edited 10 Oct 9:40]


Its you and a few others need to get real........

IF, yea IF, we will never know but what we do know was by taking him (& Smyth) off weakened the left side so that Bowen, who had been kept pretty quiet most of the night, started to 'bother' us big time.

It is an absolute crap view to take you best player(s) off and loose all our posives in the match. Arguably best two last night was Boy & Smyth.

But yea I will get real & say what I think is right.

Nowt to do with Scarlett but hey, JS said he was taken off at HT against Preston because of being tactical, didnt play last night though did he when he did so well apparently.......Scarlet was taken off because it was a bad decision to start him!!! Rangers love people like you who are so naive they can tell you anything and you believe it!!!
0
Great draw tonight... on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 248 viewsGaz66

Agree, if I was JH I would have rolled the dice and kept Kemper on, he was having the game of his life against arguably the best player in the Championship. However, full credit to JH for the way he set the team up in the first place,the organisation at the back was magnificent. We dropped back into a back five when needed and the line was 100% perfect on almost every occasion.
0
Great draw tonight... on 22:34 - Oct 10 with 134 viewsMick_S

“To stick on Lamptey as Kempers replacement proved you cant rely on the medic team, to get results on the pitch. Surely you do those assessments during the week, not during a championship football match.?”

I think that’s a really good point PunteR. I get the changes and the reasons for the Smyth and Kemper substitutions - injury or time management; but to send on a massively injury prone sub doesn’t sit well regarding the reasons for withdrawing the other two. I find this a bit conflicting when it comes to player welfare. And our chances of winning.

Other than that - a massive hats off to Rangers last night.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026