Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name your bottom three 13:08 - Aug 8 with 7742 viewsNorthernr

Help me with season preview writing hell. Just done this on Twitter and no two people have given me the same combination of three. At the moment I'm going with

Swansea, West Brom, Wigan

But I'm changing my mind every three minutes.
Name your bottom three on 16:52 - Aug 8 with 900 viewsloftus77

Wigan
Stoke
Everton (don't know why..just have a feeling)
Name your bottom three on 16:59 - Aug 8 with 884 viewsJAPRANGERS

Name your bottom three on 16:26 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Firstly I think there are worse teams than Norwich on paper, and secondly I rate Chris Hughton, so I've ignored them. Probably won't do as well as last season though, I really don't see Grant Holt doing anything other than getting very fat on the new contract he's tricked out of them.

careful Clive talking. about Norwich. PP is a big fan you know!!
Name your bottom three on 17:01 - Aug 8 with 881 viewsElHoop

Name your bottom three on 16:52 - Aug 8 by loftus77

Wigan
Stoke
Everton (don't know why..just have a feeling)

Everton? I bloody hope not! I'm backing them to do things which definitely don't involve relegation! How the hell are they going to go down? They've not been out of the top 8 since the old king died and I don't think they've been relegated at all since just after that old king really did die.
Name your bottom three on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 869 viewsJamie

Name your bottom three on 16:26 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Firstly I think there are worse teams than Norwich on paper, and secondly I rate Chris Hughton, so I've ignored them. Probably won't do as well as last season though, I really don't see Grant Holt doing anything other than getting very fat on the new contract he's tricked out of them.

Dont venture on their forums if you want to keep that view. They're pulling their hair out and calling for Hughtons head already.
Name your bottom three on 17:05 - Aug 8 with 874 viewsJAPRANGERS

All the Ws

West Ham

Wigan

West Brom
Name your bottom three on 17:10 - Aug 8 with 864 viewsElHoop

Name your bottom three on 17:03 - Aug 8 by Jamie

Dont venture on their forums if you want to keep that view. They're pulling their hair out and calling for Hughtons head already.

Sounds like an early home defeat is just what the doctor ordered then.
Name your bottom three on 17:19 - Aug 8 with 848 viewsPhildo

I know a lot are on to West Brom and Clarke is a gamble - but they have a pretty good set up in terms of sanity in the boardroom etc.

Given the new money deal it is going to be one of those years where financial directors are advising owners to keep the clubs up at all costs.
Name your bottom three on 17:23 - Aug 8 with 840 viewsJuzzie

Wigan's survival last season was amazing. As amazing as ours and Fulham's a few years back. When we played Wigan in the new year, they were truely awful and the only player who stood out is now at Fulham.
I can see them going down.

I agree I don't think all 3 who came up will survive. I think Southampton will survive just becuase of Lambert's goal scoring prowess, this seasons Holt.
Reading have nabbed Probiyeaky from Fulham and if he too scores regularly, they'll be OK.
I've not seen much of West Ham dealings in the close season but think they could be the one of the three that came up to go down.

That leaves one more..... Not sure about Stoke, they've been in the PL long enough now to know how to stay up. Whilst they were awful in the last 3rd or so of the season I think they'll be OK. Could Swansea & Norwich have a '2nd season stutter'? Possibly. West Brom maybe now Roy has gone.

Gonna put my neck out here and say Fulham. Sorry Konk, it's nothing personal or rival or anything like that.
My reasoning?..... They had a great season last year but I remember Bolton finished about 7th a few years back then they had a mighty collapse the following season and ended up 1 point off relegation (well, effectively 2 points as they had a better GD than the others). The following few seasons they hovered around 14th/16th before finally going down.
I think with the loss of key players such as Murphy, Riise, Uhuthu (sp), etc and Dempsey looks sure to go plus not securing Probiyeaky will be key. Yes, they've got Rodellega and Petric but it could be midfield & defence that could be the weak point.
Our midfield which was so strong in our Championship winning season was then our achillies heel last season. No protection for the defence (2nd half at Villa and the whole game at Chelsea prime examples) and often offered little for the front line. Plus midfielders losing possesion too easily cost us points dropping goals at home to Man City, away at Arsenal and a few others I can't quite recall of the top of my head.
Their home form is amazing, away form almost as bad as ours. If their home form slips, they could be dragged into a scrap.

I'll be happily proved wrong though as want as many London clubs in the PL but 2 could go down next season.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Name your bottom three on 17:30 - Aug 8 with 833 viewsRangersw12

Name your bottom three on 17:23 - Aug 8 by Juzzie

Wigan's survival last season was amazing. As amazing as ours and Fulham's a few years back. When we played Wigan in the new year, they were truely awful and the only player who stood out is now at Fulham.
I can see them going down.

I agree I don't think all 3 who came up will survive. I think Southampton will survive just becuase of Lambert's goal scoring prowess, this seasons Holt.
Reading have nabbed Probiyeaky from Fulham and if he too scores regularly, they'll be OK.
I've not seen much of West Ham dealings in the close season but think they could be the one of the three that came up to go down.

That leaves one more..... Not sure about Stoke, they've been in the PL long enough now to know how to stay up. Whilst they were awful in the last 3rd or so of the season I think they'll be OK. Could Swansea & Norwich have a '2nd season stutter'? Possibly. West Brom maybe now Roy has gone.

Gonna put my neck out here and say Fulham. Sorry Konk, it's nothing personal or rival or anything like that.
My reasoning?..... They had a great season last year but I remember Bolton finished about 7th a few years back then they had a mighty collapse the following season and ended up 1 point off relegation (well, effectively 2 points as they had a better GD than the others). The following few seasons they hovered around 14th/16th before finally going down.
I think with the loss of key players such as Murphy, Riise, Uhuthu (sp), etc and Dempsey looks sure to go plus not securing Probiyeaky will be key. Yes, they've got Rodellega and Petric but it could be midfield & defence that could be the weak point.
Our midfield which was so strong in our Championship winning season was then our achillies heel last season. No protection for the defence (2nd half at Villa and the whole game at Chelsea prime examples) and often offered little for the front line. Plus midfielders losing possesion too easily cost us points dropping goals at home to Man City, away at Arsenal and a few others I can't quite recall of the top of my head.
Their home form is amazing, away form almost as bad as ours. If their home form slips, they could be dragged into a scrap.

I'll be happily proved wrong though as want as many London clubs in the PL but 2 could go down next season.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If Fulham lose Dembele and Dempsy then they could struggle but at the moment the players they have lost wont make much difference to them

Also the Riise who left is a reserve who hardly plays
Name your bottom three on 17:33 - Aug 8 with 828 viewsElHoop

Reading have a Russian owner and a fairly average manager and unless they start pretty well then it could all get pretty mucky over there.
Name your bottom three on 17:37 - Aug 8 with 825 viewsAntti_Heinola

Name your bottom three on 15:42 - Aug 8 by Jamie

Young, hardworking squad playing decent football and Lambert has scored 88 goals in the last 3 seasons.

IMO they'll survive for a season and comfortably.

One reason they might stay up: The manager.

Bare bones.

Name your bottom three on 17:38 - Aug 8 with 823 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'm really not sure about Norwich - they have a lot of steady players but not a lot of real quality. Plus their squad is wafer thin in certain positions - a serious injury to Holt, Turner, Ruddy or Howson and their replacement will be a real drop in ability.

Hughton again will keep them solid but can he get them playing above themselves like Lambert? I'm not so sure.

Fulham look in reasonable shape to me - solid defense marshalled by Hangeland, creative midfield with Dembele, Ruiz and Frei and a couple of good all round forwards in Petric and Rodallega. Maybe a bit shy upfront but can't see why they'd collapse?
Name your bottom three on 17:59 - Aug 8 with 806 viewsgordanoR

Villa, they were shlit towards the end of last season & it's about time they went down.
Swansea will be shlit without Rodgers
Probably Wigan, again it's about time.
Name your bottom three on 18:06 - Aug 8 with 803 viewsCogster

Norwich, Reading, Southampton
Name your bottom three on 18:22 - Aug 8 with 786 viewsAlbRanger

Name your bottom three on 13:40 - Aug 8 by toboboly

Norwich
Swansea
Reading

Can't believe that nearly 90 replies in and only one (unless I've missed one) of you has given the correct answer.

If Carlsberg did bottom 3s......
Name your bottom three on 18:24 - Aug 8 with 784 viewsHunterhoop

What I want:

Fulham
Swansea
Norwich

What I think:

Swansea
Wigan
Southampton

I can see Norwich replacing Swansea in that bottom 3. Think they'll be the 4 fighting it out with West Ham involved, but surviving.

I also think we'll finish above Fulham, who I can see finishing 15th.
Name your bottom three on 18:27 - Aug 8 with 780 viewsichbinnaughty

Name your bottom three on 17:37 - Aug 8 by Antti_Heinola

One reason they might stay up: The manager.

What?
An ex Physio whose been a manager for about 6 years and has never managed in the Prem, where tactically its a whole new level???
I'm really not convinced.

Name your bottom three on 18:39 - Aug 8 with 770 viewsHAYESBOY

West Ham
Southampton
Fulham.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Name your bottom three on 18:51 - Aug 8 with 762 viewsMatch82

Southampton
Swansea
Wigan

Norwich to edge out Southampton to survive by the skin of their teeth

Isn't it refreshing that nobody has said QPR yet!
Name your bottom three on 18:58 - Aug 8 with 757 viewsBedford_R

Stoke
Swansea
Southampton

RMH_R Reborn

Name your bottom three on 19:09 - Aug 8 with 746 viewsthemodfather

Name your bottom three on 18:58 - Aug 8 by Bedford_R

Stoke
Swansea
Southampton

chelsea
liverppol
fulham

2nd choice
saints
wigan
swansea
Name your bottom three on 19:24 - Aug 8 with 736 viewsDrewster

Name your bottom three on 17:33 - Aug 8 by ElHoop

Reading have a Russian owner and a fairly average manager and unless they start pretty well then it could all get pretty mucky over there.

Wigan
Swansea
Reading

Fakes squad werent that great last year even though they were Champs and dont think the signings have been all that.
Name your bottom three on 21:44 - Aug 8 with 695 viewsJuzzie

Name your bottom three on 17:30 - Aug 8 by Rangersw12

If Fulham lose Dembele and Dempsy then they could struggle but at the moment the players they have lost wont make much difference to them

Also the Riise who left is a reserve who hardly plays

I think Dempsey is a goner. Fulham ST'er at work is sure. Dembele will stay and a great player that he is, can't do it all by himself. Riise? Ah, I thought it was John Arne Riise that had gone.

OK, maybe not relegation then but they could still struggle with Dempsey gone. He scored 17 goals last season. That's a lot to lose. Next best was Pogrebnyak with 6 and he's gone too. Will Rodallega and Petric get 23 between them too?

Name your bottom three on 21:58 - Aug 8 with 687 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Name your bottom three on 13:17 - Aug 8 by headhoops

equally

Wet spam, Wigan, West Brom?

I agree. Very good chance of Wigan and West Brom going down and who knows, maybe West Ham for a hat trick of W's
Name your bottom three on 22:16 - Aug 8 with 681 viewsderbyhoop

Reading 20th
Swansealona 19th
Wigan 18th

Stoke, fulham, southampton to struggle.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024