Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Name your bottom three 13:08 - Aug 8 with 7741 viewsNorthernr

Help me with season preview writing hell. Just done this on Twitter and no two people have given me the same combination of three. At the moment I'm going with

Swansea, West Brom, Wigan

But I'm changing my mind every three minutes.
Name your bottom three on 13:49 - Aug 8 with 1034 viewsPhildo

Southampton
Wigan
Swansea

Name your bottom three on 13:51 - Aug 8 with 1029 viewsNorthernr

Name your bottom three on 13:47 - Aug 8 by Tonto

The easy one for me is Wigan. They have lost Rodellega and are about to lose Moses. they cant keep pulling rabbits out of their arse.

Swansea have lost their key midfielder, and could be about to lose their second, plus an untried PL manager. Smells dodgey to me.

Then you have to thnk which championship club has done the worst/spent the least in the summer. Reading have done reasonably well, West Ham can al;ways attract players, which leaves Southampton.

Wigan, Swansea, Southampton for me then...

I think you just talked me into that.
Name your bottom three on 13:58 - Aug 8 with 1015 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Wigan - For all the reasons previously stated
Reading - Decent Champ side, but we saw the difference in standards with our own eyes last year
Stoke- Poor team with even poorer tactics. Have had a disastrous pre-season. They drew with Torquay the other night!
Name your bottom three on 14:00 - Aug 8 with 1009 viewsJamie

Name your bottom three on 13:51 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I think you just talked me into that.

Don't be talked into Saints. Lambert has scored everywhere he's been. This seasons Holt IMO whilst Holt pulls a Jeffers/Ricketts and scores 4 or 5 all season.
Name your bottom three on 14:01 - Aug 8 with 1008 viewsLowerloftLad

Southampton wigan and norwich

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Name your bottom three on 14:05 - Aug 8 with 994 viewsDevonWhite

Reading, Stoke, Wigan.
Name your bottom three on 14:07 - Aug 8 with 984 viewsenfieldargh

stoke, southampton, wigan

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Name your bottom three on 14:18 - Aug 8 with 965 viewsOakwoodR

18th - Wigan
19th - Reading
20th - WBA
Login to get fewer ads

Name your bottom three on 14:19 - Aug 8 with 960 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

Chelsea, Man U and Norwich are going down. Pretty sure about that. Is that helpful?

It's got to be Yarg

Name your bottom three on 14:28 - Aug 8 with 945 viewsDevon_4_England

Norwich
Reading
Wigan

Name your bottom three on 14:28 - Aug 8 with 944 viewsMIGUELITOVIC

Swansea, Reading and Southampton
Name your bottom three on 14:42 - Aug 8 with 931 viewsWokingR

I agree with all of you

It will definitely be 3 out of that lot
Name your bottom three on 14:43 - Aug 8 with 929 viewsSnipper

Before any premier league season, you can normally pick 2 definate teams for relegation and the other team would be a 1 in 5. This season is very hard to pick even one.
If somebody said they'd give me £1000 to pick one team to be relegated. I wouldn't be confident picking any team.

For what it's worth, I'll go for:

Wigan
West Ham
Reading
Name your bottom three on 14:45 - Aug 8 with 923 viewsQPR1882

Swansea
Norwich
Wigan
Name your bottom three on 14:46 - Aug 8 with 919 viewsloftboy

Wigan Reading Swansea

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Name your bottom three on 14:48 - Aug 8 with 900 viewsWokingR

Name your bottom three on 14:46 - Aug 8 by loftboy

Wigan Reading Swansea

+1

There, we have a concensus of opinion
Name your bottom three on 14:52 - Aug 8 with 890 viewsJeff

It would appear that we're all in agreement that Wigan are (finally) toast.

i think that Swansea will have massive second season syndrome, and i'm not convinced by Laudrup and/or Michu for them. doubly so if they lose Allen and/or Sinclair as well.

it will be interesting to see if Fulham hold onto Dempsey, as if he does go to Liverpool/Roma/A N Other i just can't see where the goals will come from, and they've lost a lot of quality over the summer without adequately replacing it.

I also reckon that West Brom will crash under Steve Clarke, I think that Norwich's squad on paper is mediocre and that a lot of their survival was down to Lambert, and Reading's squad looks championship at best - this is bloody hard, isn't it?

Wigan
Reading
Swansea.

Edit: Ha - didn't see the two posts above mine when posting - looks like three in a row
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Can we not knock it?

Name your bottom three on 14:55 - Aug 8 with 883 viewsW14Hoop

Wigan
WBA
Southampton
Name your bottom three on 14:56 - Aug 8 with 877 viewsAntti_Heinola

In agreement with most on here that Wigan's time may finally be up this year. But Martinez does seem able to salvage something year after year.

Swansea are in deep trouble. They were badly sussed towards the end of last season, looks like Sinclair is leaving, Danny Graham really wasn't that great last year and Laudrup is an extremely risky appointment. Think they'll go.

My Albion supporting friend is desperately worried about WBA. However, if things go bad by Xmas, Clarke will be gone and they usually make good managerial appointments. They also still have their Director of Football Dan Ashworth, their biggest asset, who Hodgson tried to poach to be the FA's technical director, but he turned them down. This guy knows more about obscure footballers than anyone else in the league. He finds cheap gems better than any other club - arguably even more effectively than Graham Carr at Newcastle - but receives very little credit outside of the club. They are also very confident about Clarke, more than I would be, so I think they'll have enough to stay up.

Southampton will struggle, but I detect a touch of the Norwich's about them. They have a very, very good manager, who has the magic formula when it comes to strikers. This guy just knows how to get strikers scoring goals - he has an outstanding record in that department. I think they'll be a surprise and will be ok.

Norwich, I think, are in trouble. They are not a good side, and they've swapped an inspirational manager for a decent manager, but who isn't on the same level. Holt will not be as effective this year. The fact that Lambert didn't bother to get him for Villa says a lot.

Stoke will probably struggle but won't go down. Which leaves us, Reading and West Ham. I truly think we'll be ok this season, if we're not, something is very wrong indeed. Reading are spending money, but Pogrebnyak and Roberts don't fill me with tons of fear. They also tend to start slow, and in the long Championship season that might be ok, but not in the Prem. West Ham will undoubtedly struggle. Sam hasn't produced a team out of the bottom third for years and if things start going wrong the spectre of Harry will appear pretty soon with fans tired of his awful football.

Hmm... If I were to pick three...

Swansea
Wigan
Reading

Bare bones.

Name your bottom three on 14:56 - Aug 8 with 877 views100percent

Name your bottom three on 13:40 - Aug 8 by toboboly

Norwich
Swansea
Reading

West ham
Norwich
Wigan
Name your bottom three on 15:01 - Aug 8 with 864 viewsQPR1882

Readings new owners will invest big in the club. Enough to keep them up ? inmo i think so.
Name your bottom three on 15:01 - Aug 8 with 863 viewsQPR_Jim

Wigan - Reckon they will start bad, sack martinez then not get his end of season recovery and linger at the bottom for the whole season.

WBA - Steve Clarke.

Swansea - Laudrup is a bit risky and might not hack the full season. Certainly caulker/sigurdson will be hard to replace at the very least. Swansea have too many unknowns to be certain to go down but they'd be my guess but I think it's between them and Norwich, so will depend on how the new managers bed in.

I have a hunch Southampton will perform above expectations and Reading and West Ham will also have enough about them to survive.
Name your bottom three on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 852 viewsJamie

Interesting that people fancy WH to stay up. Crept over the line last season playing some turgid football and their summer had amounted to Jaaskelainen & Diame from relegation fodder clubs and Maiga who is completely unknown.

IMO they'll be there or thereabouts.
Name your bottom three on 15:13 - Aug 8 with 844 viewsessextaxiboy

Swansea , Wigan , West Ham
Name your bottom three on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 833 viewsJeff

Name your bottom three on 15:09 - Aug 8 by Jamie

Interesting that people fancy WH to stay up. Crept over the line last season playing some turgid football and their summer had amounted to Jaaskelainen & Diame from relegation fodder clubs and Maiga who is completely unknown.

IMO they'll be there or thereabouts.

i'm avoiding West Ham because they still have the 'pull' to get a big name player that other clubs around them do not, and they will pay the wages too if needed.

Don't get me wrong, i expect them to finish around 16th or so, i just reckon that there are clubs in a more precarious position than them...

Can we not knock it?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024