Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin 14:45 - Jan 16 with 5733 viewsbaz_qpr

nm
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 18:14 - Jan 16 with 1263 viewsHulahoop7

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:30 - Jan 16 by baz_qpr

Music industry would disagree with you. Apple is considered to have saved the music industry by creating an outlet where people were prepared to pay rather than just copy for free. Though many do still buy from the russian sites that you pay f-all to get you tunes and the artists get f-all.

Also worth remembering that you would not have your s5 or kindle fire if Apple had not created those markets in the first place.

I agree with what your saying completely, and the fact artists were getting nothing was the reason i got my ipod touch and later all the iphones but. Apple have become greedy, they have now got a monopoly on downloadable media through itunes which is essentially a shop. They don't allow access via an app from other devices despite you paying out alot of money to buy the music/videos ect. I for one didnt buy the new mumford and sons album so apple could dictate how i could listen to it.
Having a universal app would increase their profits via itunes and force them to become more competative with their devices and if the consumer wants something different they shouldnt be barred from the content that they have already purchaced, apple have claimed 2nd party ownership of alot of media and i dont like it.
Apple is just another american brand that wants to take over the world.

Alittle mellow dramatic i know but they fcuked me off.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 18:19 - Jan 16 with 1259 viewsHulahoop7

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:36 - Jan 16 by QPeteR

Sign up for an amazon cloud player account, you can transfer all your iTunes music to that and then use it on any device with the amazon cloud player app.

I wish i had read that a second ealier. Lol. Ur a legend btw and my weekend is now filled. Stand by for amazon rant in afew days time.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 19:02 - Jan 16 with 1235 viewsthame_hoops

You don't 'buy' on iTunes, you just lease it, wasn't Bruce Willis taking them to court over his $60k music library
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 19:53 - Jan 16 with 1212 viewsswisscottage

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:40 - Jan 16 by themodfather

i read hmv have bought into fopp,waterstones and dillons
so expect them next
it's GREAT under this coalition, eh??? great!

Not entirely sure what the coalition has to do with these retailers going bust. The fact of the matter is it is cheaper and easier to buy these goods online. The writing has been on the wall for these sorts of retailers for a long time. None of them found a way to change their retail model.

Waterstones has finally bitten the bullet, done a deal with Amazon, whereby you browse books in store, read excerpts whilst having a coffee and if you like something buy it and download from them immediately. This will allow them to reduce their stocks levels considerably whilst still an almost traditional method of browse and buy in a relaxed atmosphere. Because of this shift, they may just survive.

The only things I'll actually go out and buy are groceries and household items. Furniture, and clothing. Pretty much everything else I buy online.

In fact this kind of retail has been an absolutely godsend to me, as two weeks before Christmas I tore a disc in my neck and was pretty much flat on my back for four weeks and yet I was still able to buy all the gifts for my friends and family, and only one got delivered late.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 03:48 - Jan 17 with 1176 viewsTearsOfaClown

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:30 - Jan 16 by baz_qpr

Music industry would disagree with you. Apple is considered to have saved the music industry by creating an outlet where people were prepared to pay rather than just copy for free. Though many do still buy from the russian sites that you pay f-all to get you tunes and the artists get f-all.

Also worth remembering that you would not have your s5 or kindle fire if Apple had not created those markets in the first place.

Apple is our saviour.

Me and Shotknees have been Apple users for over 22 years and based our businesses on their brilliant computers.

PC World should go.

The good thing in retail is when big chains fall - it creates opportunities for the independent retailers.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 04:18 - Jan 17 with 1179 viewsCanadaRanger

Jessops, HMV and now Pal dog food has called in the retrievers . . .
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 08:19 - Jan 17 with 1163 viewsKonk

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 16:02 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Amazed they lasted this long to be honest.

Are we going to have any shops left?

Yes, I've seen the future and for most of us it consists of Bookies, Fried chicken shops, Tesco/Sainsbury Express things, Nail bars, tanning salons and £1 shops with the odd sh it pub thrown in for good measure. It's a brilliant experience, like.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 09:19 - Jan 17 with 1136 viewsVish

with so many discount voucher codes, cashbask sites etc, you're often better off buying online rather than going to the same high street store.

Agree that PCWorld will be next.

Also, there is nothing wrong with a kindle!
Login to get fewer ads

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 09:29 - Jan 17 with 1129 viewsloftboy

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:26 - Jan 16 by wombat

dixons next on the list followed by pc world

They have the same owners so if one goes they both go

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 11:14 - Jan 17 with 1103 viewsJuzzie

I think Dixons/PC World may last a bit longer. Currys and Comet were all part of the same group too and I think they shut them down leaving just one general electronics store (Dixons) and a more PC dedicated store. Why have Dixons/Currys/Comet who were all effectively the same?

It really is a sad state of affairs though. I don't blame the government, it's market forces. People can buy things cheaper and more convieniently online. I got a camera lens online for £270 that in Jessops was over £350.

I too bought the bulk of my xmas presents online and had some of them delivered straight to the recipients who I wasn't going to see over xmas.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 12:04 - Jan 17 with 1082 viewsWanderR

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 16:02 - Jan 16 by Northernr

Amazed they lasted this long to be honest.

Are we going to have any shops left?

It'll just be Tesco Expresses and Costa Coffees soon enough.

Current location: OX10

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 12:05 - Jan 17 with 1080 viewsRangersw12

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 12:04 - Jan 17 by WanderR

It'll just be Tesco Expresses and Costa Coffees soon enough.

And Weatherspoons for pubs
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 12:10 - Jan 17 with 1073 views1MoreBrightonR

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 18:19 - Jan 16 by Hulahoop7

I wish i had read that a second ealier. Lol. Ur a legend btw and my weekend is now filled. Stand by for amazon rant in afew days time.

Try google music otherwise. I just uploaded all my music from Itunes to that...took absolutely ages to upload but i prefer it to itunes and i can access it anywhere. It has also had a huge limit on how much you can have on it.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 14:22 - Jan 17 with 1047 viewsbaz_qpr

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 19:02 - Jan 16 by thame_hoops

You don't 'buy' on iTunes, you just lease it, wasn't Bruce Willis taking them to court over his $60k music library

That's the same for any intellectual property you are granted a license and that license allows you to do whatever the license giver says you can. Strictly speaking ripping a CD is illegal. But then again so is tooth whitening and no one enforces it at all.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 14:56 - Jan 17 with 1031 viewsbaz_qpr

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 11:14 - Jan 17 by Juzzie

I think Dixons/PC World may last a bit longer. Currys and Comet were all part of the same group too and I think they shut them down leaving just one general electronics store (Dixons) and a more PC dedicated store. Why have Dixons/Currys/Comet who were all effectively the same?

It really is a sad state of affairs though. I don't blame the government, it's market forces. People can buy things cheaper and more convieniently online. I got a camera lens online for £270 that in Jessops was over £350.

I too bought the bulk of my xmas presents online and had some of them delivered straight to the recipients who I wasn't going to see over xmas.

One thing that PC World / Dixons / Currys have done since they merged that will stnad them in good stead is offer service. Fix your computer, install your washing machine take the other away. That will keep them going. As is click and collect ironically while people in retail think the high street will become a showroom and we will buy online it is click and collect that seems to be really popular.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:02 - Jan 17 with 964 viewswombat

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 14:56 - Jan 17 by baz_qpr

One thing that PC World / Dixons / Currys have done since they merged that will stnad them in good stead is offer service. Fix your computer, install your washing machine take the other away. That will keep them going. As is click and collect ironically while people in retail think the high street will become a showroom and we will buy online it is click and collect that seems to be really popular.

why buy music anyway ?

havent bought a dc or downloaded a album from itunes since I downloaded spotify and napster, pay 10 quid a month and listen to whatever I like , download it onto the phone and listen to it in the car or through sonos at home.

wait for the fast food wars to happen
I expect Taco bell to win that one !! (Name the film that came from chaps)

Poll: which is your favouite foot

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:07 - Jan 17 with 954 viewsFulhamjim

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:02 - Jan 17 by wombat

why buy music anyway ?

havent bought a dc or downloaded a album from itunes since I downloaded spotify and napster, pay 10 quid a month and listen to whatever I like , download it onto the phone and listen to it in the car or through sonos at home.

wait for the fast food wars to happen
I expect Taco bell to win that one !! (Name the film that came from chaps)

Demolition Man

Nothing like a bit of Am6iti0n

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:14 - Jan 17 with 943 viewswombat

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:07 - Jan 17 by Fulhamjim

Demolition Man

and jim is the winner

whatever happened to taco bell ?
and spud u like with the blast furnace heated baked beans

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:21 - Jan 17 with 937 viewsrsonist

Last I saw PC World/Curry's were doing all right.

Waterstones fcked over so many independent bookstores it's impossible to wish them well just out of spite. Rubbish shop anyway though.
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:24 - Jan 17 with 933 viewsrsonist

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 14:56 - Jan 17 by baz_qpr

Re click and collect Amazon are trying to get into this as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000686533
and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:28 - Jan 17 with 926 viewswombat

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:24 - Jan 17 by rsonist

Re click and collect Amazon are trying to get into this as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000686533

once they get going expect the locals to start getting a crowbar out for a late night shopping trip around xmas

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 926 viewsBlackCrowe

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:40 - Jan 16 by themodfather

i read hmv have bought into fopp,waterstones and dillons
so expect them next
it's GREAT under this coalition, eh??? great!

Ah yes this is the coalitions fault. I forgot they invented internet shopping which is cheaper.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:59 - Jan 17 with 908 viewsMetallica_Hoop

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:14 - Jan 17 by wombat

and jim is the winner

whatever happened to taco bell ?
and spud u like with the blast furnace heated baked beans

I remember there was a Spud 'u' Like in King street during the first Gulf war as there was that Saddam Hussein favourite restaurant Joke.

Don't remember it being there when I left school in '96. I propese they Folded/did a Wimpy between '91 & '96

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 16:53 - Jan 17 with 896 viewswombat

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 15:59 - Jan 17 by Metallica_Hoop

I remember there was a Spud 'u' Like in King street during the first Gulf war as there was that Saddam Hussein favourite restaurant Joke.

Don't remember it being there when I left school in '96. I propese they Folded/did a Wimpy between '91 & '96

used ot be one in hammersmith and also wembley high street

shame they went as they made a change from a mcds for lunch , would love to know how they heated the baked beans though u could leave the box they came in for 20 minutes take a spoonful of beans and feel the roof of your mouth blister within a minute of swallowing.

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 17:11 - Jan 17 with 877 viewsN12Hoop

and following on from HMV Blockbuster now in Admin on 16:53 - Jan 17 by wombat

used ot be one in hammersmith and also wembley high street

shame they went as they made a change from a mcds for lunch , would love to know how they heated the baked beans though u could leave the box they came in for 20 minutes take a spoonful of beans and feel the roof of your mouth blister within a minute of swallowing.

I was a fan of Huckleberry's on the Uxbridge Rd. Sh1t burgers but great chips. Also gone the way of the Dodo along with Pizzaland which was quite nice.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024