Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel gone 09:33 - Aug 7 with 15249 viewshoopstilidie

Official
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/070813-adel-agrees-fulham-switch-974470.aspx#T

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Adel gone on 10:26 - Aug 7 with 2389 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Adel gone on 10:16 - Aug 7 by Orthodox_Hoop

I bet that Nigerian bloke who used to sit next to 'Talli and I in R block won't be happy; according to him our number 7 was his 'friend'.

Then again, he did say after some particularly bad passes that 'if he did that in my country, he would be shot'.

ta, ta Adel, thanks for the memories (mostly from a few seasons ago). That is all.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 10:17]

"If this was myyy Country....We would Kill him!"

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Adel gone on 10:32 - Aug 7 with 2358 viewsJuzzie

I'm sorry to see the player go but not the personality although I do understand it was that personality that delighted & frustrated in equal measure.
Adel gone on 10:34 - Aug 7 with 2352 viewsLowerloftLad

Your 2-0 at home they only place fulham get points 10 minutes to go and you have adel and berbatov throwing the strops and not chasing back haha

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Adel gone on 10:40 - Aug 7 with 2328 viewsconnell10

i love flair players at rangers, marsh, stan, currie , wegerle etc and i think adel fits into that mould . so ill im sad he has gone but i cant wish the lad luck as he has gone to foolham! oh and before anyone starts , when i say he fits into that mould , i dont mean he is any where near as good as those said players!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 2310 viewshoopstilidie

We don't have a number 10.

QPR without a number 10.

Unthinkable.

There MUST be somebody coming in fit to wear it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 with 2309 viewsPhilmyRs

Turning up on a cold Saturday, having paid a fortune for a ticket, seeing Adel Taarabt on the teamsheet always improved the mood.

Yes he frustrated, yes he acted like a child, yes the club will live on long after he’s gone, but when you talk about memories, players giving you thing’s to chat about in the pub, players doing skills you can’t even do in your dreams, this guy was the one. The most frustrating thing for me was not his behaviour and laziness, it was that he could have done even more. He has a frightening amount of ability, probably only playing to about 90% of what he’s capable of. Chelsea away last season, where he cut out a lot of the nuts tricks and greediness, and just manipulated the Football and acted as a regular outlet for us, was first class. His cameo at Villa where they couldn’t get near him or his single handed demolition of Fulham were just a couple of highlights.

The guy will always be remembered fondly by me. I’m just disappointed he moved down the road. I have nothing against Fulham, but I don’t think it’s the right move for us, although an excellent one for him and them. Should he have a top season for Fulham do you think we’ll see him again? Of course we won’t. A sad end, to a Football genius.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 10:43]
Adel gone on 10:51 - Aug 7 with 2273 viewsAntti_Heinola

Adel gone on 10:21 - Aug 7 by JonDoeman

Yep, as Fulham are about to find out.

Thought up any conspiracy theory's lately?

Didn't you ignore me?
Sorry if my posts go over your head a little.

Bare bones.

Adel gone on 10:54 - Aug 7 with 2265 viewsRanger78

Adel gone on 09:40 - Aug 7 by Jamie

Puts an end to the claims that he didn't want to leave.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 9:43]

Does anyone seriously believe that 90 % of QPR players don't want to play for a bigger club???

Even our manager wants to manage a bigger club.

I don't get why Tarrabt is the only one gets abuse for it??

Barton states it publicaly whenever he gets the chance yet he gets a heros reception.

Surely it's just the norm in football??

I say good luck Adel, I'm glad you played fo QPR and enjoyed watching
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 11:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Adel gone on 10:58 - Aug 7 with 2237 viewscollegeranger

Where is Konk - Like to know his opinion on this?

Or is he down at B&Q buying Martin Jol some `polyfila' to cover those cracks when Adel and Berbatov don't track back!!
Adel gone on 11:00 - Aug 7 with 2229 viewsJamie

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 by hoopstilidie

QPR without a number 10.

Unthinkable.

Gary O'Neil.
Adel gone on 11:02 - Aug 7 with 2222 viewsMerthyrHoop

Tempestuous, childish, spoilt, selfish.....but what a player. A real out-of-your seats type player that we have seen so little of in recent times. He was so often frustrating and seemingly so difficult to manage, but surely this is the type of player you pay to watch football for. In terms of natural ability, the best player we will see at QPR for a long long time

But this is football and things move on. Wish him all the best at Fulham and wherever he ends up after that.

Obviously things have turned sour, whether HR just doesn't fancy him, or Adel has been unprofessional or unwilling to step down but I'd be amazed to see him in hoops again. I don't see this as a loan move to keep him ticking over for us to pick up again next season, it surely has to be a shop window exercise. If we sold him now we'd get next to nothing, especially with Tottenham's sell-on clause attached. Give him a year at a solid stable Premier League club, if he excels then we're quids in, if he flatters to deceive then who knows what happens next.

Fingers crossed he does well and gets his head right so that he goes on to play on the big stage that his talent deserves
Adel gone on 11:04 - Aug 7 with 2213 viewsstowmarketrange

I guess it's for the best,I'd liked to have seen an initial loan until Xmas.We could then seen where we stood in the league,and if he was playing well,we could have used him for the remainder of the season.Of course,there is no guarantees that he would have wanted to come back and play for us.
It's a shame if we don't see him in a rangers shirt again,but I'll always remember some of the goals he scored for us,especially Cardiff and Swansea at home.
Adel gone on 11:06 - Aug 7 with 2201 views18StoneOfHoop

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 by PhilmyRs

Turning up on a cold Saturday, having paid a fortune for a ticket, seeing Adel Taarabt on the teamsheet always improved the mood.

Yes he frustrated, yes he acted like a child, yes the club will live on long after he’s gone, but when you talk about memories, players giving you thing’s to chat about in the pub, players doing skills you can’t even do in your dreams, this guy was the one. The most frustrating thing for me was not his behaviour and laziness, it was that he could have done even more. He has a frightening amount of ability, probably only playing to about 90% of what he’s capable of. Chelsea away last season, where he cut out a lot of the nuts tricks and greediness, and just manipulated the Football and acted as a regular outlet for us, was first class. His cameo at Villa where they couldn’t get near him or his single handed demolition of Fulham were just a couple of highlights.

The guy will always be remembered fondly by me. I’m just disappointed he moved down the road. I have nothing against Fulham, but I don’t think it’s the right move for us, although an excellent one for him and them. Should he have a top season for Fulham do you think we’ll see him again? Of course we won’t. A sad end, to a Football genius.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 10:43]

Nicely put,Phil. Spot on from simmo and a great post from Merthyr too.

False 9 in front of newly installed Harry at Stamford Bridge 2/1/13 he was absolutely fookin magnificent.Worked his socks off. Missed the penalty v Norwich and that was that. Died-in-the wool 4-4-2 devotee Harry had no wish,plan B or strategy or tactics to deploy him again.

Forget the fluctuating weight,the lateness for training and other occasional unprofessional babyish strops & misdemeanours, without doubt Adel Taarabt has been the most skilful,entertaining player that we have been privileged to watch at Loftus Road this century and some can only come up with 'f*ck off c*nt' or for the 6th time cheaply denigrate AT 'fan boys'.

The best goal assist pass I've ever seen for QPR live. Extraordinary peripheral vision and technique that no other 21st century QPR squad member is capable of.

Remember with respect the joy he gave:

Now let's move on to promotion 2013/14..YOU RRRRRRRRRssssssss!!!!!!!!!

[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 13:49]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Adel gone on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 2179 viewsisawqpratwcity

I am just f*cking furious that he has gone.

Warnock got superlative performance out of him by basically holding his todger, but damn!, what performance!

He is the best player to wear our colours since Sir Les. Let any manager justify his decision to not give him special treatment show how that improved the team's performance.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Adel gone on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 2179 viewsingeminate

I wish him well, he's a bit of QPR for me - maverick genius, self-destructive, unpredictable, passionate.

Never been that fussed about Fulham, always Chelsea for me, hope he smashes it up next year and get to watch him at his best on Match of The Day, because at his best - forget for a moment about all the rest , the tracking back etc - he is one of the best in the world.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Adel gone on 11:15 - Aug 7 with 2053 viewsStraightR

Good luck to him. I enjoyed watching him play and I'm grateful to him for what he did for us but the time has come for the parting of the ways. It'll be interesting to see how his career develops from here.
Adel gone on 11:16 - Aug 7 with 2049 viewsbob566

Adel gone on 11:08 - Aug 7 by ingeminate

I wish him well, he's a bit of QPR for me - maverick genius, self-destructive, unpredictable, passionate.

Never been that fussed about Fulham, always Chelsea for me, hope he smashes it up next year and get to watch him at his best on Match of The Day, because at his best - forget for a moment about all the rest , the tracking back etc - he is one of the best in the world.

I love him but I wouldn't go that far. He's not quite in the xavi, iniesta, messi or pirlo class yet.
Adel gone on 11:19 - Aug 7 with 2031 viewsingeminate

Adel gone on 11:16 - Aug 7 by bob566

I love him but I wouldn't go that far. He's not quite in the xavi, iniesta, messi or pirlo class yet.

No he's not as good as them, but I reckon on his game he's top 20 at dribbling.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Adel gone on 11:25 - Aug 7 with 1998 viewsPommyhoop

Sad day for QPR. We've just lost a special player who would of torn this league a new one like he did a couple of season's ago.
Looking forward to Konk's unbiased assesments of him.
Good luck Adel.
No 1 Fan Boy .
Pom..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Adel gone on 11:26 - Aug 7 with 1993 viewskropotkin41

Amazing player to watch, but we don't need drama queens. I'm relieved he's gone, not sad; he's Fulham's problem for a season at least.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Adel gone on 11:28 - Aug 7 with 1989 viewsbosh67

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 by hoopstilidie

QPR without a number 10.

Unthinkable.

Yes that tradition must be maintained somehow. But no one at the moment at the club fits the bill now that Adel has gone. The only one with the potential flair to wear it is Hoillett. He at least is a running with ball player, but I am clutching at straws.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adel gone on 11:28 - Aug 7 with 1984 viewsdoogi55

for fxxx sake it a loan deal he will be cback next year when we get promotted
Adel gone on 11:29 - Aug 7 with 1975 viewssimmo

Adel gone on 11:02 - Aug 7 by MerthyrHoop

Tempestuous, childish, spoilt, selfish.....but what a player. A real out-of-your seats type player that we have seen so little of in recent times. He was so often frustrating and seemingly so difficult to manage, but surely this is the type of player you pay to watch football for. In terms of natural ability, the best player we will see at QPR for a long long time

But this is football and things move on. Wish him all the best at Fulham and wherever he ends up after that.

Obviously things have turned sour, whether HR just doesn't fancy him, or Adel has been unprofessional or unwilling to step down but I'd be amazed to see him in hoops again. I don't see this as a loan move to keep him ticking over for us to pick up again next season, it surely has to be a shop window exercise. If we sold him now we'd get next to nothing, especially with Tottenham's sell-on clause attached. Give him a year at a solid stable Premier League club, if he excels then we're quids in, if he flatters to deceive then who knows what happens next.

Fingers crossed he does well and gets his head right so that he goes on to play on the big stage that his talent deserves

Good post and I agree. He also deserves a club that is well run with a solid infrastructure, this has been a clusterfck of a club for a lot of years that has really failed players when it comes to development and consistency. I am sure Adel will get both at Fulham, which is why we probably wont see him again...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Adel gone on 11:29 - Aug 7 with 1975 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adel gone on 09:40 - Aug 7 by Jamie

Puts an end to the claims that he didn't want to leave.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 9:43]

How does it, though? Even if he did want to stay (and none of us will probably ever know for sure) if the club accept an offer for any player they usually go, as they realise they're not wanted.

"This was a difficult decision for me, but at this stage of my career I feel I need to be playing at the top level.

“I hope the fans understand my decision and I really hope to return to Loftus Road one day."

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel gone on 11:39 - Aug 7 with 1944 viewsJamie

Adel gone on 11:29 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

How does it, though? Even if he did want to stay (and none of us will probably ever know for sure) if the club accept an offer for any player they usually go, as they realise they're not wanted.

"This was a difficult decision for me, but at this stage of my career I feel I need to be playing at the top level.

“I hope the fans understand my decision and I really hope to return to Loftus Road one day."

"Earlier this summer Taarabt informed the club of his desire to leave QPR, citing his wish to play in the Premier League following our relegation to the Championship."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024