Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel gone 09:33 - Aug 7 with 15247 viewshoopstilidie

Official
http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/070813-adel-agrees-fulham-switch-974470.aspx#T

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Adel gone on 11:49 - Aug 7 with 2029 viewsonlyrinmoray

Thanks Adel but it was time to go. Clubs need to move forwards,If Johnson keeps fit I think he will rip this League apart Also got high hopes for Charlie.

I will always remember " that pass " to Routledge ,unbelieveable ..Wayne took the goal well Plus the goal away at Cardiff on the tele was special as well. However there were a lot of non performances as well. Reminds me of Roy Wegerles time at Rangers. He will never match up to Rodney or Stan for me
Adel gone on 11:51 - Aug 7 with 2011 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adel gone on 11:39 - Aug 7 by Jamie

"Earlier this summer Taarabt informed the club of his desire to leave QPR, citing his wish to play in the Premier League following our relegation to the Championship."

Thanks Jamie,

Hadn't seen that, but in all honesty I've never believed a word from either the board, the management or one of our players, neither Taarabt's quote that I highlighted above is conclusive to me or the one that you've highlighted. It's all spin and that's why I believe that us punters will never really know what went on, who wanted out, who wanted who out, or why.

Best of luck to the lad, a troubled young fella who really thrilled me. Hope his career settles down - not nice to watch a talent go unfulfilled.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel gone on 12:00 - Aug 7 with 1982 viewsMonahoop

Adel gone on 10:40 - Aug 7 by connell10

i love flair players at rangers, marsh, stan, currie , wegerle etc and i think adel fits into that mould . so ill im sad he has gone but i cant wish the lad luck as he has gone to foolham! oh and before anyone starts , when i say he fits into that mould , i dont mean he is any where near as good as those said players!

He could have been as good as those said players connell, but you have to remember, the likes of Marsh, Bowles etc were were backed by decent players and they were largely team players themselves. Taraabt was/is not so much a team player, more of an individual who stood out and above some pretty lousy players that we have had to endure over the last couple of seasons. I'm not certain he will get any better with whoever he plays for unless his temperament improves. He could go on to good things or as we so often see with talented players, just fade away and be forgotten. Whatever, good luck to him.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Adel gone on 12:16 - Aug 7 with 1942 viewsWesty75

Adel gone on 11:08 - Aug 7 by isawqpratwcity

I am just f*cking furious that he has gone.

Warnock got superlative performance out of him by basically holding his todger, but damn!, what performance!

He is the best player to wear our colours since Sir Les. Let any manager justify his decision to not give him special treatment show how that improved the team's performance.

Furious at who? He wanted to leave, end of.
Adel gone on 12:20 - Aug 7 with 1924 viewsWesty75

Adel gone on 11:51 - Aug 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks Jamie,

Hadn't seen that, but in all honesty I've never believed a word from either the board, the management or one of our players, neither Taarabt's quote that I highlighted above is conclusive to me or the one that you've highlighted. It's all spin and that's why I believe that us punters will never really know what went on, who wanted out, who wanted who out, or why.

Best of luck to the lad, a troubled young fella who really thrilled me. Hope his career settles down - not nice to watch a talent go unfulfilled.

I think it's being a bit naive to think that there's some kind of conspiracy here. Regardless of who was the manager it was on the cards that Adel wouldn't want to drop down a division again. He was talking about leaving us at the end of last season, and we were still in the premiership then. I think occams razor comes in here, an ambitious player, bags of talent, no particular affinity to QPR, and had a taste of the premiership for two seasons, why wouldn't he want to go?
Adel gone on 12:22 - Aug 7 with 1921 viewsQPunkR

The thing I'm most annoyed at is the vitriol aimed at Tarbs. Look what he's done for the Club over the past few years and how much more enjoyable he's made a lot of matchdays, and compare him being told 'good, f*ck off' to the adulation lavished on Jesus Barton last week

QPR - "shit but local"

Adel gone on 12:23 - Aug 7 with 1920 viewsWokingR

In 12 months time, if we have managed to get promoted does he expect to just walk back into the side and reclaim his place ?
Thanks for everything you have given us over the last few years but you were part of the team that cost us relegation last year and if you are not prepared to stay and fight for us and try and redress that situation then would rather the move was permanent.
Adel gone on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 1912 viewswittle

Adel gone on 12:23 - Aug 7 by WokingR

In 12 months time, if we have managed to get promoted does he expect to just walk back into the side and reclaim his place ?
Thanks for everything you have given us over the last few years but you were part of the team that cost us relegation last year and if you are not prepared to stay and fight for us and try and redress that situation then would rather the move was permanent.

does that include remy as well ?
Login to get fewer ads

Adel gone on 12:32 - Aug 7 with 1882 viewsStanisgod

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 by PhilmyRs

Turning up on a cold Saturday, having paid a fortune for a ticket, seeing Adel Taarabt on the teamsheet always improved the mood.

Yes he frustrated, yes he acted like a child, yes the club will live on long after he’s gone, but when you talk about memories, players giving you thing’s to chat about in the pub, players doing skills you can’t even do in your dreams, this guy was the one. The most frustrating thing for me was not his behaviour and laziness, it was that he could have done even more. He has a frightening amount of ability, probably only playing to about 90% of what he’s capable of. Chelsea away last season, where he cut out a lot of the nuts tricks and greediness, and just manipulated the Football and acted as a regular outlet for us, was first class. His cameo at Villa where they couldn’t get near him or his single handed demolition of Fulham were just a couple of highlights.

The guy will always be remembered fondly by me. I’m just disappointed he moved down the road. I have nothing against Fulham, but I don’t think it’s the right move for us, although an excellent one for him and them. Should he have a top season for Fulham do you think we’ll see him again? Of course we won’t. A sad end, to a Football genius.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 10:43]

Great post

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Adel gone on 12:33 - Aug 7 with 1880 viewsJuzzie

We also have to remember that when we won the Championship all the other players had to indulge him. This worked because a) we had a manager that could manage the other players in order to do this and b) the other players were clearly not as good as Adel.

We now have other players that are as good as him so they might be thinking why should they indule him, maybe they think he should indulge them? Personally, no one should now indulge anyone, it's a team that needs unity in order to try and get promoted.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at Fulham. Will Berbatov, Senderos, Riise, Hangeland, Ruiz, Karagounis, Rodallega who are all good players, indulge him?
Adel gone on 12:34 - Aug 7 with 1878 viewsWokingR

Adel gone on 12:25 - Aug 7 by wittle

does that include remy as well ?

Probably not.
It's odd but Remy wasn't ours for long enough for there to be any emotional attachment so if he is not interested then it doesn't really matter
With Adel it's different because he helped us get to the Premiership and I sort of hoped that he might just give a toss about getting us back.
Adel gone on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 1860 viewswittle

Adel gone on 12:33 - Aug 7 by Juzzie

We also have to remember that when we won the Championship all the other players had to indulge him. This worked because a) we had a manager that could manage the other players in order to do this and b) the other players were clearly not as good as Adel.

We now have other players that are as good as him so they might be thinking why should they indule him, maybe they think he should indulge them? Personally, no one should now indulge anyone, it's a team that needs unity in order to try and get promoted.

It will be interesting to see how he fits in at Fulham. Will Berbatov, Senderos, Riise, Hangeland, Ruiz, Karagounis, Rodallega who are all good players, indulge him?

spot on ,as soon as we got to the premier and signed so called bigger names, the indulging of adel couldnt continue.
Adel gone on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 1828 viewsHarbour

Supplied some of the most memorable moments at LR.... goal against Cardiff, pass to Routledge Goals against Arsenal Fulham the nutmegs, shimmies a true entertainer worth the ticket price alone 19 goals in championship season... yes the strops Hull Bus at Fulham

But loved every minute good luck Adel and thanks for the memories I really hope to see you in a Qpr shirt again... Legend...
Adel gone on 12:44 - Aug 7 with 1821 viewsbosh67

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23577399

He may return.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Adel gone on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 1807 viewsBluce_Ree

If the cost of assembling a team of players who act as a team is that we lose some of our bigger names, so be it.

Even if we kept everyone and went up, we are clearly in no state to do anything in the Prem anyway.

I'm not about to suck the likes of Swansea clean off or anything but I'd rather we went up with a good team spirit rather than have a dressing room full of w*nkers.

Sad to Tarbs leave, of course. But I'd have been devastated two years ago. Now it just doesn't hurt that much.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Adel gone on 13:03 - Aug 7 with 1764 viewsQPRDave

Good luck to Adel, although not at jacksonville, hope it goes horribly wrong there.
Never been about how much talent he's got that's obvious, but to get the best from him, the team is sacrificed.Everything had to go through him, and it all got a bit samey.
Last night was another decent performance with Hoilett running riot for one. Quick, direct,incisive.
Btw i think we still have a no10, just he's playing for the fools

Looks well excited
http://www.fulhamfc.com/-/media/Kit/DSC_0032.ashx?w=300&h=400
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 13:08]
Adel gone on 13:10 - Aug 7 with 1746 viewsFulhamjim

Adel gone on 12:33 - Aug 7 by Juzzie

Senderos and Rodallega are good players?
I wish someone would tell them that!

Nothing like a bit of Am6iti0n

Adel gone on 13:11 - Aug 7 with 1742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adel gone on 12:20 - Aug 7 by Westy75

I think it's being a bit naive to think that there's some kind of conspiracy here. Regardless of who was the manager it was on the cards that Adel wouldn't want to drop down a division again. He was talking about leaving us at the end of last season, and we were still in the premiership then. I think occams razor comes in here, an ambitious player, bags of talent, no particular affinity to QPR, and had a taste of the premiership for two seasons, why wouldn't he want to go?

I'm definitely not suggesting a conspiracy, Westy. As I said I don't know what the truth is, and I've learned not to care anymore about the intricacies of who-said-what and who-did-what-to-whom because caring makes us none the wiser. He's gone, and we'll never know the intricacies of why. It was always this way. Back in Jim Gregory's day we didn't know why players came and went, relying on whispers and bar-stool mutterings, and we don't know these days either.

My only point is that Adel signing on the dotted line leaves us none the wiser as to why he's gone and how many people inside the club wished it so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel gone on 13:32 - Aug 7 with 1695 viewsBrightonhoop

Adel gone on 09:55 - Aug 7 by bosh67

I wish him luck, he got us up almost single handedly. Scored some astonishing goals. Infuriated and delighted us as fans. I think this is more to do with him wanting to play prem football than not liking HR. He still has something to prove at that level and perhaps if we do get back up he will return. I don't think he has any problem with QPR. The club has made his career and he has often said that.

This. Looking forwards to seeing what Jol can o with him.
Adel gone on 13:36 - Aug 7 with 1681 viewsToast_R

Adel gone on 10:43 - Aug 7 by PhilmyRs

Turning up on a cold Saturday, having paid a fortune for a ticket, seeing Adel Taarabt on the teamsheet always improved the mood.

Yes he frustrated, yes he acted like a child, yes the club will live on long after he’s gone, but when you talk about memories, players giving you thing’s to chat about in the pub, players doing skills you can’t even do in your dreams, this guy was the one. The most frustrating thing for me was not his behaviour and laziness, it was that he could have done even more. He has a frightening amount of ability, probably only playing to about 90% of what he’s capable of. Chelsea away last season, where he cut out a lot of the nuts tricks and greediness, and just manipulated the Football and acted as a regular outlet for us, was first class. His cameo at Villa where they couldn’t get near him or his single handed demolition of Fulham were just a couple of highlights.

The guy will always be remembered fondly by me. I’m just disappointed he moved down the road. I have nothing against Fulham, but I don’t think it’s the right move for us, although an excellent one for him and them. Should he have a top season for Fulham do you think we’ll see him again? Of course we won’t. A sad end, to a Football genius.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 10:43]

What you mean of course we won’t? I don't beleives its as black and white as that (no pun intended).

He has a successful season and he want’s to stay at Fulham (he won’t he’ll will be looking to move again probably as he does every year cos his people are telling him, Real Madrid , Barcelona or some fancy French team are interested).

He’s still under contract at QPR so should he have a successful season we’d be looking to keep him or sell for a substantial amount I’d imagine. Show QPR the money then.

If he’s gone for good, why have we not sold to the highest bidder already, a loan would make no sense at all?

I don’t blame him for wanting out this year, he has a chance to play in the Premiere League for another year, fair play to him. It’s Fulham too so it’s not like he’s upping sticks and re-locating.
Adel gone on 13:37 - Aug 7 with 1677 viewsjo_qpr63

I hope he does well in the prem, even if its just to shut up his critics.
Great player,one of the best I've seen live. He had his faults but as a previous post said that's QPR.
Many thanks Adel Taraabt,may the force be with you.
Adel gone on 13:47 - Aug 7 with 1647 viewsCanadaRanger

Another one of the TGFU club gone...

(Too Good F(or) U)

Whatever happened to being Under Contract?
Adel gone on 13:48 - Aug 7 with 1645 viewsGloucs_R

Adel gone on 13:37 - Aug 7 by jo_qpr63

I hope he does well in the prem, even if its just to shut up his critics.
Great player,one of the best I've seen live. He had his faults but as a previous post said that's QPR.
Many thanks Adel Taraabt,may the force be with you.

I think he will flop. He wont have the luxury of being loved by their fans and his team mates wont put up with his lack of desire to get stuck in and work hard. Expect him to start a few games, get hacked off, be on the bench, get hacked off even more and end up being given back to us as damaged goods.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Adel gone on 13:52 - Aug 7 with 1625 viewspaulparker

I hope all the dopes who have slated Adel are happy
Especially those who are creaming themselves now
Barton is back
The bloke has been class for us & we have given him to
Our rivals,he is what QPR is about and some of the fun
Of watching rangers this year will be gone
If he needed indulging then fecking indulge him
As it will be a long, long ,time before we have a player
Like that on our books again

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Adel gone on 13:53 - Aug 7 with 1618 viewsQPunkR

Adel gone on 13:03 - Aug 7 by QPRDave

Good luck to Adel, although not at jacksonville, hope it goes horribly wrong there.
Never been about how much talent he's got that's obvious, but to get the best from him, the team is sacrificed.Everything had to go through him, and it all got a bit samey.
Last night was another decent performance with Hoilett running riot for one. Quick, direct,incisive.
Btw i think we still have a no10, just he's playing for the fools

Looks well excited
http://www.fulhamfc.com/-/media/Kit/DSC_0032.ashx?w=300&h=400
[Post edited 7 Aug 2013 13:08]

Probably suspicious of why the work Marathon is emblazoned across his chest

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024