Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City Tigers 07:54 - Aug 9 with 12000 viewsWeaverQPR

Its official.

Allam exclusive: We WILL be called Hull City Tigers
By Hull Daily Mail.

By Paul Baxter, sports editor

HULL City Tigers will be the new name officially adopted by the club in the Premier League.

Owners Assem and Ehab Allam have confirmed their intention to re-brand Hull City by dropping the 'AFC' and putting the emphasis on 'Tigers'.

​Hull Tigers

'It is about identity': Hull City owner Assem Allam and the 'Hull City Tigers' badge.

They said one of the reasons for the change is to give the club a stronger "brand identity" on the international stage.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, Assem Allam also admitted he would personally prefer the club to be known simply as 'Hull Tigers'.

Hull City is irrelevant," he said.

"My dislike for the work 'City' is because it is common.

"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"It is about identity. City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

The confirmation comes after weeks of speculation following increased club use of an amended badge without 'AFC' on the logo.

@WeavQPR

Hull City Tigers on 08:04 - Aug 9 with 5640 viewsNorthernr

Hull City Tigers on 08:26 - Aug 9 with 5571 viewssimmo

[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 8:27]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hull City Tigers on 08:27 - Aug 9 with 5565 viewsbosh67

They'll get a frosties reaction to that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Hull City Tigers on 08:29 - Aug 9 with 5558 viewsGetMeRangers

Could easily have been written like this:

Owners Assem and Ehab Allam have confirmed their intention to re-brand Hull City by dropping the name and putting the emphasis on 'Tigers'.

​

'It is about identity': Hull City owner Assem Allam and the 'Tigers' badge.

They said one of the reasons for the change is to give the club a stronger "brand identity" on the international stage.

In an exclusive interview with the Mail, Assem Allam also admitted he would personally prefer the club to be known simply as 'Tigers'.

Hull City is irrelevant," he said.

"My dislike for the word 'City' is because it is common.

"City is also associated with Leicester, Bristol, Manchester and many other clubs.

"In the commercial world, the shorter the name, the better. The more it can spread quickly.

"It is about identity. Hull City is a lousy identity. Hull City Association Football Club is so long."

Hull City Tigers on 08:33 - Aug 9 with 5545 viewsToast_R

We can laugh but this really is another step on the ladder to Americanisation and global branding ............Money money money money money money money...... nothing else matters and the fans are not even an after thought.

The peoples game is no more. It's the the Multi Millionaire's game and us mugs carry on feeding it.

I feel little sympathy for Hull or Cardiff fans usually but this is bollocks not just for them but every club who's owners want to re-brand an otherwise non fashionable Permier club.
QPR are lucky that they seem to have chairman who knows what the identity of the club means.
Hull City Tigers on 08:43 - Aug 9 with 5517 viewsDieByYourSide

Hull City Tigers on 08:33 - Aug 9 by Toast_R

We can laugh but this really is another step on the ladder to Americanisation and global branding ............Money money money money money money money...... nothing else matters and the fans are not even an after thought.

The peoples game is no more. It's the the Multi Millionaire's game and us mugs carry on feeding it.

I feel little sympathy for Hull or Cardiff fans usually but this is bollocks not just for them but every club who's owners want to re-brand an otherwise non fashionable Permier club.
QPR are lucky that they seem to have chairman who knows what the identity of the club means.

This was my initial reaction I have to admit, didn't find it hilarious - just rather sad and indicative of the way football's going..

Poll: And it's hi ho

Hull City Tigers on 08:58 - Aug 9 with 5482 viewsPommyhoop

Advert for their match against the Scum.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Hull City Tigers on 09:05 - Aug 9 with 5464 viewsTacticalR

Hull City Tigers on 08:33 - Aug 9 by Toast_R

I am not sure if it's 'Americanisation'. The thing that is striking is the lack of democracy, as that Cardiff fan pointed out in his rant against Vincent Tan. The cruder owners merely show up the lack of democracy more clearly.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Hull City Tigers on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 5407 viewstoboboly

Good to see the fit and proper persons test is working well.

As Hull City AFC were promoted can we relegate the new club to the Tesco second XI Humberside League?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Hull City Tigers on 09:39 - Aug 9 with 5369 viewslondonscottish

Makes me think of Gareth Cheeseman, the sh*t IT salesmen character that Steve Coogan did.

"Growl like a tiger! Grrr!"
[Post edited 9 Aug 2013 9:39]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Hull City Tigers on 09:52 - Aug 9 with 5337 viewsthemodfather

can they take sparky?
and will they chant about recent terror acts?
hope they rot...
Hull City Tigers on 10:07 - Aug 9 with 5299 viewsHollowayRanger

LONDON RANGERS!

New stadium new name

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Hull City Tigers on 10:09 - Aug 9 with 5297 viewstoboboly

Hull City Tigers on 10:07 - Aug 9 by HollowayRanger

LONDON RANGERS!

New stadium new name

Hull City Tigers on 10:19 - Aug 9 with 5265 viewsJonDoeman

Hull City Tigers on 10:07 - Aug 9 by HollowayRanger

LONDON RANGERS!

New stadium new name

That is not beyond the realms of possibilities.

It Is What It Is !!

Hull City Tigers on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 5258 viewsClive_Anderson

Absolutely ridiculous throwing away a hundred years of history because the owner quite likes tigers.

Still you've got to laugh haven't you?
Hull City Tigers on 10:23 - Aug 9 with 5257 viewsKonk

The idea that their name is the only thing that’s stopped the Far East from falling in love with Hull City shows a wonderful refusal to accept the fact that Hull City have won fu ck all over the years and most overseas PL fans are glory-hunting divs with little imagination or sense of romance. Having said that, look at Cardiff — change to red, get a Dragon on the badge and all of a sudden, you can’t move for Cardiff shirts in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Hull City Tigers on 10:27 - Aug 9 with 5241 viewsJuzzie

Hull City Tigers on 08:43 - Aug 9 by DieByYourSide

This was my initial reaction I have to admit, didn't find it hilarious - just rather sad and indicative of the way football's going..

Same here. The minute you start adding an animal to a football clubs official name is the day another nail is banged into the coffin.
Hull City Tigers on 10:28 - Aug 9 with 5231 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Hull City Tigers on 10:30 - Aug 9 with 5223 viewstoboboly

Hull City Tigers on 10:23 - Aug 9 by Konk

The idea that their name is the only thing that’s stopped the Far East from falling in love with Hull City shows a wonderful refusal to accept the fact that Hull City have won fu ck all over the years and most overseas PL fans are glory-hunting divs with little imagination or sense of romance. Having said that, look at Cardiff — change to red, get a Dragon on the badge and all of a sudden, you can’t move for Cardiff shirts in Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur and Beijing.

Exactly why I despair when people sit there saying a 40k stadium would be great for us. Teams like Utd and 'Pool took decades of success to get where they are with foreign fans.

Hull City Tigers on 10:37 - Aug 9 with 5212 viewsQPRDave

Very embarrassing for Ull fans!!!
Hull City Tigers on 10:40 - Aug 9 with 5203 viewshoopstilidie

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Hull City Tigers on 10:41 - Aug 9 with 5200 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Hull City Tigers on 10:45 - Aug 9 with 5188 viewsQPRDave

Hull City Tigers on 10:40 - Aug 9 by hoopstilidie

haha like it
Hull City Tigers on 10:51 - Aug 9 with 5172 viewsScubaHoop

Hull City Tigers on 08:27 - Aug 9 by bosh67

They'll get a frosties reaction to that.

Hull City Tigers on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 5166 viewsPhildo

and they are sponsored by cash converters who also must have viewed Hull as an area to grow the brand.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024