Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Midfield players to look at 22:08 - May 9 with 4431 viewsbosh67

Callum Harriott -winger - Charlton 22
Lee Tomlin - Midfielder - Bristol City - 27
Stuart Dallas - Midfielder - Leeds - 25
Henri Lansbury -Midfielder - Forest - 25

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Midfield players to look at on 23:37 - May 9 with 3659 viewschris1969

Rated Scott Hogan at Rochdale and thought Brentford got a steal for 650k. Just back from long injury and ended season strong. Watch him next season, think he will do well, type of player we used to buy.
Midfield players to look at on 01:18 - May 10 with 3592 viewskensalriser

Callum Harriott -winger - Charlton 22
No more relegated players please, we've done that to death.

Lee Tomlin - Midfielder - Bristol City - 27
See previous discussion re physique (surplus) and speed (lack of)

Stuart Dallas - Midfielder - Leeds - 25
Might fit in well with Washington?

Henri Lansbury -Midfielder - Forest - 25
Decent player, but Henri with an i is a big question mark for me.

Any more?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Midfield players to look at on 11:28 - May 10 with 3341 viewssimmo

Liam Bridcutt - Proven at this level, defensive minded but can also pick a pass and get box to box
Jordan Cousins - 22, athletic, knows the division, potentially available after relegation
Mustapha Carayol - Bit of a gamble as he's had a tough time last year or so after a bad injury but I've always quite liked him, I'd rather have Adomah from Boro but if he's not obtainable, we could do worse than look at Carayol.
Will Buckley - Was great a few seasons back with Brighton and starting to look again at Championship after his move to the prem was a bit much
Bradley Dack - Almost 1 in 2 from midfield, 22 and a London boy. He's definitely going to be snapped up by someone
Kemar Roofe - Potentially a big step up from League 2 but he looks like he's destined for the Championship at some point, just needs a club brave enough to get him. Might be pricey...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Midfield players to look at on 11:49 - May 10 with 3308 viewsadhoc_qpr

Lots of good suggestions in this thread.

I'm sure we could get Bridcutt pretty cheaply as he's surplus to requirements at Sunderland and does a very good holding job at Championship level.

If we're looking at loan players (to keep costs down) that 17 year old Leko from WBA looks electric, i'd happily join the queue for him!
Midfield players to look at on 12:03 - May 10 with 3278 viewsDevonrrr

Matt Grimes, Swansea. Spent end of season on loan at Blackburn. England Under 20 captain and has been in England Under 21 squad. Quality left foot, a younger Ale perhaps?
Midfield players to look at on 12:13 - May 10 with 3262 viewspaulparker

Bridcutt , very decent at this level would do well for us

Cousins at Charlton , would be in our price range worth snapping up

Dack- been banging on about him for a while, (the new Ainsworth) I heard palace are in for him though, but this boy will be some player

Westwood at villa could do with a change of scenery ,

Cairney - Fulham , liked him at Blackburn has a decent shot on him and scores goals from midfield which we badly need

Sawyers at Walsall , had a brilliant season for them is pacy and a good engine

Leon Osman - could be worth a shout, a good worker and a free from Everton

Pritchard at spurs , doesn't seem to have gone forward at WBA maybe a cheeky bid could see him join us ?

also from the Dutch league there is a player called Anthony Limbombe he can play on the wing and has scored 19 goals from 50 starts this year, very pacy and could be a real gem ,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Midfield players to look at on 12:31 - May 10 with 3224 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I like these threads. Thanks everyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Midfield players to look at on 13:18 - May 10 with 3172 viewsMarc

Midfield players to look at on 12:31 - May 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I like these threads. Thanks everyone.

Jon Toral
Login to get fewer ads

Midfield players to look at on 13:57 - May 10 with 3107 viewskingsburyR

The black lad up front for Brizzle.

If someone could teach him to finish then he'd be the full package!

Also liked that winger that played against us at home twice this season. Brighton and Wolves I think. Dutch???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Midfield players to look at on 14:03 - May 10 with 3103 viewssimmo

PP - I am not sure about Sawyers, seen him a couple of times and he's good, but not convinced that league 1 is not his level, step up to the Championship where his pace and power is matched and I think he will struggle. Could be wrong of course and he's one of the best of a really good little Walsall team, but I am not yet sold... Think Mantom might have turned out the slightly better player, if his knee didn't keep blowing up.

I do really like Bradshaw though.... Be interesting to see if he gets picked up if Walsall don't get promotion.

I agree with you on Cairney too, always really liked him. He's be my pick if we didn't have Chery as I think he's best as a number 10
[Post edited 10 May 2016 14:05]

Midfield players to look at on 14:03 - May 10 with 3102 viewsaston_hoop

Midfield players to look at on 13:57 - May 10 by kingsburyR

The black lad up front for Brizzle.

If someone could teach him to finish then he'd be the full package!

Also liked that winger that played against us at home twice this season. Brighton and Wolves I think. Dutch???

Rajiv van la Parra? Looked a cracking player against us both times but I believe he has joined Huddersfield on a permanent. Must be something about Huddersfield as a place for him to go there and Smithies to miss it. Is it the Vegas of the north?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Midfield players to look at on 14:19 - May 10 with 3060 viewsEastR

Midfield players to look at on 14:03 - May 10 by aston_hoop

Rajiv van la Parra? Looked a cracking player against us both times but I believe he has joined Huddersfield on a permanent. Must be something about Huddersfield as a place for him to go there and Smithies to miss it. Is it the Vegas of the north?

yes, that's van la Parra

Wolves have loaned him out again, this time to Huddersfield (edit that's permanent close season)

Seems a bit odd as he's certainly looked the part against us. Mind you maybe that was because it was against us! (Konchesky was LB on both occasions)
[Post edited 10 May 2016 14:28]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Midfield players to look at on 14:34 - May 10 with 3018 viewsTonto

the key thing for me is to pick players who have played well in similar formations or positions to the one we are going to play in. Lets not go down the mark Hughes approach of buying yet another midfielder because their scores on football manager are higher than what we have at the moment, and then try and shoehorn them into a team with square pegs in round holes.

That and pace. i want pacey players. You see what Leicester have achieved by having a fast team...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Midfield players to look at on 15:19 - May 10 with 2958 viewsenfieldargh

Mark Duffy played at Burton on loan from Brum.

seems to get good mentions when I listen to match reports

Wouldn't be surprised for JFH to go for Lucas Aitkins up front

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Midfield players to look at on 16:39 - May 10 with 2889 viewsDannytheR

I wouldn't be surprised if the club were in for both Cousins and Harriott from Charlton. There were rumours about both even before they went down (Les & Ramsey were definitely supposed to have enquired after Harriott last summer).

Lansbury would be great, exactly what we need - but taking off the rose-tints I'm not sure why he would come to us, unless he's desperate to get back to London. Also been talking about how happy he is playing almost as a number 10 for Forest since coming back from his injury, and we've already got Chery and the other 29 players to accommodate in that role.

I like Bridcutt too - as much as you can like a player with such an epically dirty side to their game — but we surely won't go after him if King Karl Henry gets yet another contract.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 16:47]
Midfield players to look at on 17:56 - May 10 with 2802 viewsQPRDave

Adam Reach on loan to Preston from Boro, was talk of our interest in january
Midfield players to look at on 19:28 - May 10 with 2720 viewsBucksRanger

Lansbury and Mancienne on the radar?

http://the72.co.uk/53977/qpr-in-4-million-move-for-two-nottingham-forest-players
Midfield players to look at on 12:55 - May 11 with 2546 viewssimmo

I must be the only person that doesn't want Lansbury! We should only look at him if we sell Chery and even then I think we can find better, cheaper alternatives.

Midfield players to look at on 13:39 - May 11 with 2504 viewsenfieldargh

Midfield players to look at on 12:55 - May 11 by simmo

I must be the only person that doesn't want Lansbury! We should only look at him if we sell Chery and even then I think we can find better, cheaper alternatives.

and not always injured

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Midfield players to look at on 15:17 - May 11 with 2424 viewsadhoc_qpr

Midfield players to look at on 19:28 - May 10 by BucksRanger

Lansbury and Mancienne on the radar?

http://the72.co.uk/53977/qpr-in-4-million-move-for-two-nottingham-forest-players

I like Lansbury but he's coming off a serious injury which is a bit of a worry.

I really don't like Mancienne as a player. He's a lightweight centre back who doesn't dominate or command the defence. He's even worse when played in holding midfield, we might as well keep Karl Henry.
Midfield players to look at on 15:36 - May 11 with 2394 viewsDannytheR

Midfield players to look at on 15:17 - May 11 by adhoc_qpr

I like Lansbury but he's coming off a serious injury which is a bit of a worry.

I really don't like Mancienne as a player. He's a lightweight centre back who doesn't dominate or command the defence. He's even worse when played in holding midfield, we might as well keep Karl Henry.

Agree with you on Mancienne. I remember being puzzled by all the talk about his great potential/becoming a future England international etc when he was on loan with us. He looked then like what he's ended up becoming, an average Championship player and one who, as you say, doesn't offer anything we need.

As a CB he's decent enough on the ball, but never opens his mouth and has the physique of a 13 year old. In midfield, yeah, he's not even an improvement on Henry.
Midfield players to look at on 16:27 - May 11 with 2359 viewsvegasranger

If we are really looking at the two lads at very Forest we are learning nothing !! Lansbury has a terrible record with injuries and Mancienne has never early developed to be the player expected. The wages would be pretty high again plus a good transfer fee. We really need to start finding gems that teams like Brighton find. As much as Poulter did well for us I can't believe another Championship side would have paid over a million for him. First ever transfer fee for El Windmill at 27 years old !! We need better scouting. Also I don't agree with buying players to fit a certain system. If you do that , you have no plan B or C. Good players can play in many systems.
Midfield players to look at on 16:32 - May 11 with 2346 viewsNorthernr

Midfield players to look at on 16:27 - May 11 by vegasranger

If we are really looking at the two lads at very Forest we are learning nothing !! Lansbury has a terrible record with injuries and Mancienne has never early developed to be the player expected. The wages would be pretty high again plus a good transfer fee. We really need to start finding gems that teams like Brighton find. As much as Poulter did well for us I can't believe another Championship side would have paid over a million for him. First ever transfer fee for El Windmill at 27 years old !! We need better scouting. Also I don't agree with buying players to fit a certain system. If you do that , you have no plan B or C. Good players can play in many systems.

That last bit is the sort of Harry Redknapp logic that lumbered us with half a dozen players that could play number 10 but only Bobby Zamora who could play up front as a target man and no full backs.
Midfield players to look at on 16:40 - May 11 with 2325 viewsCamberleyR

Yeah, it's not about systems it's about players...

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Midfield players to look at on 19:01 - May 11 with 2234 viewsvegasranger

Midfield players to look at on 16:32 - May 11 by Northernr

That last bit is the sort of Harry Redknapp logic that lumbered us with half a dozen players that could play number 10 but only Bobby Zamora who could play up front as a target man and no full backs.

That's not what I'm saying. Good midfielders should be able to play in a 4-4-2 / 4-3-3 / 4-5-1. There has to be some flexibility otherwise we will be stuck with a pattern of play that is easy to counter. I'm all for playing true fullbacks in their proper position. Right now I'm not sure we have any decent fullbacks. with a bit of pace.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024