Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Jet question? 15:07 - Dec 16 with 1361 viewsrunningman75

With our budget we will presumeably looking at lower leagues for players but seems our priority is a goal scorer. Will Oli look at Jay Emmanuel-Thomas as the club would not have to spend money. He appears to know where the goal is even in a lower league ( which we may be next season.). Obviously questionable attitude though Gillingham manager getting goals out of him.
The Jet question? on 15:18 - Dec 16 with 1339 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Hope not. He is crap

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

The Jet question? on 15:21 - Dec 16 with 1331 viewsPinnerPaul

Gills fan tells me they are fed up with him now.
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:55 - Dec 16 with 1269 viewsDorse

The Jet question? on 15:21 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Gills fan tells me they are fed up with him now.

'Swazzy' (adj.) - 1. the action or activity of a t wat. 2. quality of being a t wat.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 15:56]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Jet question? on 15:58 - Dec 16 with 1257 viewsAntti_Heinola

JFH and Ollie are different managers, but hold the same values. Neither will tolerate a player who doesn't work his arse off. He's not coming back. nor would he solve any problems if he did.

Bare bones.

The Jet question? on 16:07 - Dec 16 with 1233 viewsToast_R

The Jet question? on 15:58 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

JFH and Ollie are different managers, but hold the same values. Neither will tolerate a player who doesn't work his arse off. He's not coming back. nor would he solve any problems if he did.

Dunno you know, he did say in his earlier interviews that he would be looking at all the options - clean slates and all. You never know, he might be able to motivate him where others have failed.

What goes on with someone like him though who has the ability to be a decent Championship Striker if he dedicated himself to being the best he can be? A shame he just don't seem to realise that.

Must be a horrible thing to grow old with regret. Speaking to your Grandchildren about how you played x amount of games and scored this and that but deep down is the fact that you could have achieved far more but just didn't have the sense or bollocks for it.
The Jet question? on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 1202 viewstimcocking

The Jet question? on 15:58 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

A half decent lazy get or a player who looks like it's his first game or a postman from st ives. Happy days.

Is Sylla still alive? Can he play? Christ.
The Jet question? on 16:29 - Dec 16 with 1196 viewsPinnerPaul

The Jet question? on 16:07 - Dec 16 by Toast_R

Dunno you know, he did say in his earlier interviews that he would be looking at all the options - clean slates and all. You never know, he might be able to motivate him where others have failed.

What goes on with someone like him though who has the ability to be a decent Championship Striker if he dedicated himself to being the best he can be? A shame he just don't seem to realise that.

Must be a horrible thing to grow old with regret. Speaking to your Grandchildren about how you played x amount of games and scored this and that but deep down is the fact that you could have achieved far more but just didn't have the sense or bollocks for it.

grow old with regret AND money, not so bad though!
The Jet question? on 16:56 - Dec 16 with 1157 viewsPunteR

He's not bad at scoring goals is he?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

The Jet question? on 20:26 - Dec 16 with 1012 viewsisawqpratwcity

The Jet question? on 16:56 - Dec 16 by PunteR

He's not bad at scoring goals is he?

When he can be bothered.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The Jet question? on 04:27 - Dec 17 with 850 viewstimcocking

If the question was whether 'JET' is more likely to grab a goal than Polter or Washington, what would the answer be?

After all, playing two up front means one striker can be lazy. It's pretty horriffic if he's our hope of a saviour, but we're looking seriously short up front. Not much harm in having another look if we can't buy anybody.

Although my own attitude was always give absolutely 100%, their have always been plenty of good but lazy and selfish strikers. Ultimately, if they actually score sufficient goals it's probably more valuable than a slight increase in work rate.

I'm returning to England today for a while. I was looking forward to getting to Loftus Road as soon as possible, now i'm bloody dreading it.
The Jet question? on 09:42 - Dec 17 with 770 viewsbosh67

The Jet question? on 16:27 - Dec 16 by timcocking

A half decent lazy get or a player who looks like it's his first game or a postman from st ives. Happy days.

Is Sylla still alive? Can he play? Christ.

First flu and then groin strain but may be back against Villa or next game. No sinister undertones on this. Simply ill and injured.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The Jet question? on 10:54 - Dec 17 with 720 viewsnadera78

If you read Moneyball one of the main ideas - and consistently missed by people who focus only on the financial aspects - is that far too many people involved in sports look at players and project forwards rather than looking at the evidence. They look at someone like JET and see skill, pace, size and goals - or the potential for those anyway - and then think "If I could just get him to do X...".

What they should be doing is looking at the evidence, which in his case is quite stark - he's failed at every club he's played for and each of them has said goodbye to him without regret. At the age of 25 he is what he is, and he's not going to change. To expect anything different is to ignore all of the evidence. He's never going to do anything of any note or value.

To even have him training with the club would be a distraction when we should be focusing on getting out of this mess.
The Jet question? on 15:43 - Dec 17 with 621 viewsHollowayRanger

I wish we had the option of putting him on for the last 15-20 mins of each game instead of the non effective subs we do have

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

The Jet question? on 17:26 - Dec 17 with 555 viewsDejR_vu

Always makes me smile when a player is shipped out for being a 'problem'. A manager's job is to manage. If he can't, he shouldn't be a manager.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The Jet question? on 23:57 - Dec 17 with 440 viewsdistortR

The Jet question? on 17:26 - Dec 17 by DejR_vu

Always makes me smile when a player is shipped out for being a 'problem'. A manager's job is to manage. If he can't, he shouldn't be a manager.

I would argue that shipping out a 'problem' player is good management - some people don't want to be told and just won't learn. The problem is probably amplified by the amount of money he has earned, starting with his arsenal days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024