Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stan Lee R.I.P 19:21 - Nov 12 with 2895 viewsconnell10

Good age 95.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Stan Lee R.I.P on 19:42 - Nov 12 with 2853 viewsozexile

RIP seemed like a genuine fella. I liked his cameos in the movies.
Stan Lee R.I.P on 20:13 - Nov 12 with 2794 viewsBluce_Ree

His cameos always take me out of the films for a good ten minutes but you have to respect the life and the career.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Stan Lee R.I.P on 20:37 - Nov 12 with 2763 viewsbosh67

RIP Stan. Always ahead of his time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Stan Lee R.I.P on 21:00 - Nov 12 with 2737 viewsEsox_Lucius

R.I.P. Stan definitely will be missed.

The grass is always greener.

Stan Lee R.I.P on 21:14 - Nov 12 with 2718 viewsPunteR

RIP Stan Lee. Shrewd businessman and colourful imagination.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stan Lee R.I.P on 23:35 - Nov 12 with 2633 viewsLazyFan

He will still be in the films.

They will slip in a CGI version as I bet he has that in his will.
And thus he will be immortal forever after.

His favourite word:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excelsior

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Stan Lee R.I.P on 01:17 - Nov 13 with 2604 viewstimcocking

No disrespect to the fella, RIP, no offence to anybody either, but i can't stand anything to do with any of that superhero stuff. Couldn't sit through any of those movies for love nor money. I'd be rating all of those films 1 out of ten, perhaps 2 if i was in a good mood.
Stan Lee R.I.P on 07:11 - Nov 13 with 2519 viewsEsox_Lucius

Thanks for sharing that on this thread.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Stan Lee R.I.P on 09:33 - Nov 13 with 2458 viewsDiscodroids

RIP Stan.

In the bronze age of Comics , the 1970's, His creations were a portal into another place. A plasma pool of boundless imagination and a LSD Soaked kaleidoscope of mind expansion in words and pictures . All imported at 7 pence a pop from America into in an otherwise grey UK with its 3 TV channels , noel edmonds radio one breakfast Show and 'stars on sunday' with jess yates.

Stans creations and legacy were the only conduit of communication at that age, between me and my old man who poured over Doctor doom restraining Sue storm in her tight cat suit in an iron maiden while i salivated over the sub mariner kicking the shit out of that smarmy c unt Dr Dorcas in his royal atlantis courtyard.

'nuff said', Stan.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2018 9:38]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stan Lee R.I.P on 09:50 - Nov 13 with 2442 viewspaesanu

Amazing imagination which has entertained millions in a pretty wholesome way. What more can you want than to add value to society, RIP.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Stan Lee R.I.P on 09:52 - Nov 13 with 2441 viewsLunarJetman

Stan Lee R.I.P on 07:11 - Nov 13 by Esox_Lucius

Thanks for sharing that on this thread.

I bet he turns up to random weddings to tell the groom he doesn't like his suit or to criticise the music choice for the first dance.

"No disrespect but I can't stand Boyzone. Flying Without Wings? Shocking choice. I'd be rating all of their songs 1 out of ten, perhaps 2 if I was in a good mood."
Stan Lee R.I.P on 10:10 - Nov 13 with 2428 viewsDiscodroids

I think i recall reading 'F uck John Mccain' in his RIP Thread. My personal favourite.

A posting of much Cosmological beauty. So much so, that 75% of LFW members fainted with Adam and Eve untainted third heaven emotion when they read it.

I know i did .

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Stan Lee R.I.P on 10:17 - Nov 13 with 2423 viewsdaveB

Incredible man, has created some amazing characters that I loved as a kid and now my kid is enjoying.
Stan Lee R.I.P on 10:50 - Nov 13 with 2405 viewsToast_R

In the words of Uncle Albert....Not for him it wasn't, he died...

Spiderman will.always be my favourite superhero. Him and the 70s Hulk.
[Post edited 13 Nov 2018 10:53]
Stan Lee R.I.P on 10:52 - Nov 13 with 2402 viewsToast_R

Stan Lee R.I.P on 09:52 - Nov 13 by LunarJetman

I bet he turns up to random weddings to tell the groom he doesn't like his suit or to criticise the music choice for the first dance.

"No disrespect but I can't stand Boyzone. Flying Without Wings? Shocking choice. I'd be rating all of their songs 1 out of ten, perhaps 2 if I was in a good mood."

Terrible, it was Westlife...
Stan Lee R.I.P on 11:08 - Nov 13 with 2385 viewsMick_S

Stan Lee R.I.P on 10:52 - Nov 13 by Toast_R

Terrible, it was Westlife...

I didn't know. Thankfully.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Stan Lee R.I.P on 11:48 - Nov 13 with 2362 viewsrobith

Imagine creating Fantastic Four, and it not being in the top 5 things you'd done in your career.

Now, Stan was also quite good at claiming credit for other people's ideas. But I went to see him at a convention event at his last UK appearance and god damn the guy was so charming I'd legit have signed over my salary if he'd asked.

I particularly enjoyed when someone asked what was his motivation for Spiderman?

And he said "money."

Everyone laughed

He went "no I'm serious. I'd just taken out a mortgage and we were getting beaten in the sales. I needed a hit or I'd have to move back in with my parents"
Stan Lee R.I.P on 12:05 - Nov 13 with 2345 viewsDiscodroids

One for the kids,

Stan, imo, has an uncanny likeness with 70's safari suit traveller of the Earth, Alan Whicker.

Stan Lee R.I.P on 13:17 - Nov 13 with 2306 viewsPunteR

Alan Moore is less complementary of Stan Lee unfortunately. According to him the idea behind Spiderman came from another artist but Lee took credit. Alan Moore is a moany old wizard but is possibly right about this. Even so, Spiderman wouldnt be Spiderman without Stan Lee.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Stan Lee R.I.P on 23:48 - Nov 13 with 2212 viewsLazyFan

Stan Lee R.I.P on 13:17 - Nov 13 by PunteR

Alan Moore is less complementary of Stan Lee unfortunately. According to him the idea behind Spiderman came from another artist but Lee took credit. Alan Moore is a moany old wizard but is possibly right about this. Even so, Spiderman wouldnt be Spiderman without Stan Lee.

It was Steve Ditko
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Ditko#Creation_of_Spider-Man

Stan was indeed one of the legendary story writers of Comics ever. But he made controversial comments implying that writers did all the real work and the artistic work was secondary.

Considering the medium is comics this was disingenuous to the artists and he was often called out on it by peers in the industry. Such as Moore. Often citing that Ditko created Spiderman as an example. Which Stan needed as a hit at the time to survive.

Stan was a great Storyteller and modern muse for fantasy and Sci-Fi. But he was not a team player that's for sure. It was all about Stan from the 70's onwards.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Stan Lee R.I.P on 22:10 - Nov 16 with 2080 viewsbosh67

Does this mean we will have a minute's applause at the next home game in the 95th minute singing Stan Lee. Stan Lee?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024