Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... 18:14 - Jan 1 with 4818 viewsPinnerPaul

Given 'knocks' to Lumley, Pav and Wells and the fact that we have been to the well with these players so many times, I do feel we will see a 'reserve' side v Leeds.

To me that's totally understandable - respect how others will have a different view, but for me most of that starting 11 deserve/need a rest.

Again, respect/accept that others won't agree, but I'd rather beat PNE than Leeds.

Over to you...….
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:20 - Jan 1 with 2930 viewscolinallcars

I'm normally against fielding weakened teams in the cup, but these lads need a rest and the chance to get over knocks and injuries. Besides, we are due to play our revenge match v WBA on fourth round day. I'd rather have that than a cup match.
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:28 - Jan 1 with 2871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think it depends on how bad the knocks/fatigue situation is with each player.

If a player is good to play then they should. Today was our last midweek game in January.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:30 - Jan 1 with 2854 viewsterryb

Of the side that started today, I would only expect Furlong, Scowen & Cousins to play next Sunday.

I have no problem with the other eight being rested.

I expect that Leeds will be doing the same.
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:31 - Jan 1 with 2853 viewsPinnerPaul

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:28 - Jan 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I think it depends on how bad the knocks/fatigue situation is with each player.

If a player is good to play then they should. Today was our last midweek game in January.

and first Brian!

Although you have overlooked the possibility of a cup replay - or are we straight to ET/pens this season?

I should know that!
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:33 - Jan 1 with 2825 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:31 - Jan 1 by PinnerPaul

and first Brian!

Although you have overlooked the possibility of a cup replay - or are we straight to ET/pens this season?

I should know that!

A replay! I love your optimism!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:38 - Jan 1 with 2371 viewsLongsufferingR

I expect to see:

Ingram
Furlong Lynch Leistner Bidwell
Manning Scowen
Bright Chair Freeman
Oteh
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:42 - Jan 1 with 2349 viewsconnell10

Play our strongest team or whats the point?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:56 - Jan 1 with 2300 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:42 - Jan 1 by connell10

There’s a balance I guess. Pretty much the same team has just played three games in a week. With all the sports science mumbo jumbo they’ll know who needs a rest and also the squad players need games some time.

I noticed Hall got a cameo 10 minutes today and Leistner must be barely able to walk.
Login to get fewer ads

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:28 - Jan 1 with 2216 viewseasthertsr

Right, while we are anywhere near the play offs the FA cup is a distant distraction! Play the kids on Sunday and give them all a rest. No rotation over Christmas so they are knackered! The match at Bramall Lane is far more important than the cup tie!
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:33 - Jan 1 with 2187 viewsLblock

Pav is definitely out... May struggle for Blades I reckon. Cynical foul on him unpunished unless you include adding an extra 2 minutes on due to his injury!!!!!

I’m done with Cup fixtures and have slagged the clubs approach loads over the years. However I’m cutting loads of slack this year due to injuries and fatigue to the relatively small core of the squad. I also caveat this with the unusual situation this year caused by FFP meaning any fresh faces are no go

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:49 - Jan 1 with 2133 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's a funny old game, isn't it? In the evidently distant era now when I grew up watching QPR (the 70s and 80s), the club, like just about everyone else, competed hard in both the league and the two major cup competitions, as I recall. I believe we even got to Wembley once in 1982 - though, if memory serves, I don't think we turned up in '86.

McClaren talks about using the squad, though oddly seems reluctant to do so the league - though, then again, you could say he was vindicated after today's performance at Villa Park for keeping a settled side. Don't players want to play when thing are going well? What we get, traditionally, is scratch sides inflicted upon us for the Cup games, where sooner or later (and usually sooner) we fall on our arses. It's happened year after year, so it's evidently some kind of club sickness.

As another poster sensibly pointed out, it's a matter of balance. Two or three changes, fine, as long as we keep our shape, integrity and identity. I fear, though, it will the same kind of mismanagement/irresponsibility vs Leeds we saw at Blackpool, i.e. a thrown game (complete with protests that much better was expected, etc. etc), so any result is possible on the day.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:52 - Jan 1 with 2103 viewsdaveB

just play our strongest team and try and win the game. We over think this game every year resting players and it never works
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:53 - Jan 1 with 2101 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:42 - Jan 1 by connell10

My thoughts exactly - but I get the distinctly disspiriting impression we're in the 'naive' minority these days, my friend.

The fundamental issue is the corrupt FA, which presides over the devaluation of its own competition by the cynical majority of clubs (and the distressing collusion of many fans).

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:55 - Jan 1 with 2091 viewsstainrods_elbow

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 18:30 - Jan 1 by terryb

Of the side that started today, I would only expect Furlong, Scowen & Cousins to play next Sunday.

I have no problem with the other eight being rested.

I expect that Leeds will be doing the same.

So why not play a decent side and put them to the sword instead?

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 23:05 - Jan 1 with 2054 viewsbosh67

It could be

Ingram
Kakay Furlong Hall Niko
Smyth Chair Manning BOS
Oteh Smith

If they can get some sessions in this could be quite a handy team if they do rest most of the first team.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 23:36 - Jan 1 with 1974 viewsPunteR

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 22:52 - Jan 1 by daveB

just play our strongest team and try and win the game. We over think this game every year resting players and it never works

Exactly this.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 23:39 - Jan 1 with 1967 viewsstainrods_elbow

Wow - I'd be fearing a 0-3 or 0-4 with a team like that. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 00:00 - Jan 2 with 1927 viewsngbqpr

Bit of a tangent to the discussion about starting XI, but what I'd most like to see is the same formation / system of play...and evidence that the whole first team squad are working on this together, day in day out, so as & when injuries or loss of form kick in as the season progresses, and with the embargo meaning we have to go with what we've got...the changes have minimal impact.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 00:09 - Jan 2 with 1909 viewsmcqpr10

I would love a cup run and a big side at the bush. It is 4 days until the Leeds game and then another 6 to the next league game. I would like to see hall start (see if he can still run) and bos to play as I feel he has much to offer.

If Wells is ineligible then give oteh the nod. Every year we have this debate and every year our reserves get comfortably beaten.
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 01:38 - Jan 2 with 1792 viewsDavieQPR

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 00:09 - Jan 2 by mcqpr10

I would love a cup run and a big side at the bush. It is 4 days until the Leeds game and then another 6 to the next league game. I would like to see hall start (see if he can still run) and bos to play as I feel he has much to offer.

If Wells is ineligible then give oteh the nod. Every year we have this debate and every year our reserves get comfortably beaten.

If he plays a weakened team the keyboard warriors will be out. If he plays a strong side and someone gets injured the keyboard warriors will be out. Damned if does, damned if he doesn't. Personally think it is a good chance for players like Chair, Samuel, Kakay, Oteh etc to show us if they can step up.
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 07:51 - Jan 2 with 1615 viewsJigsore

i wouldn't make wholesale changes but Ingram should come in and it has to be seen as a good chance for Manning to stake a claim in the midfield as well as a possible start for Chair or Bright.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 08:06 - Jan 2 with 1589 viewsTheChef

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 21:56 - Jan 1 by Watford_Ranger

There’s a balance I guess. Pretty much the same team has just played three games in a week. With all the sports science mumbo jumbo they’ll know who needs a rest and also the squad players need games some time.

I noticed Hall got a cameo 10 minutes today and Leistner must be barely able to walk.

Well McClaren did say he would take the Cup seriously and put out a strong team, although that was a couple of months ago I think.

On the other hand, the players have a week to recover (depending on how intensive training sessions will be this week). Also if you think back 30-40 years ago, most football squads had maybe 16 players or so (I think Villa won the title in '81 and only used 14 players?) and you think of the much more physical game it was then, and the poor pitches they played on compared to today. So I don't have too much sympathy with the modern professional given the facilities and care they get compared to the past.

I think McClaren will go with a bit of a balance and maybe rest 3 or 4 players, but really unless any of them have serious knocks or injuries then I think he should pick his strongest eleven.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 10:36 - Jan 2 with 1470 viewsdaveB

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 01:38 - Jan 2 by DavieQPR

If he plays a weakened team the keyboard warriors will be out. If he plays a strong side and someone gets injured the keyboard warriors will be out. Damned if does, damned if he doesn't. Personally think it is a good chance for players like Chair, Samuel, Kakay, Oteh etc to show us if they can step up.

They have little of chance of stepping up if they are all thrown in together.
We could get injuries in a league game or in training and have 4 days to rest before the game so no excuse really.

If players have knocks like Pawel then of course leave them out but shouldn't be mass changes
Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 11:23 - Jan 2 with 1380 viewsDorse

Gentlemen, start your tombolas!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ok I'm kicking this one off nice and early....... on 11:28 - Jan 2 with 1371 viewsaston_hoop

Play the strongest team available to us and hope to win. If Pav is the only injury come Saturday, then BOS coming in needs to be the only change

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024