Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teams qpr slaughtered. 14:14 - Aug 25 with 4644 viewsqpr_1968

but the score should have been much higher.
don't expect many of you to remember, it was 84/85 season.
qpr 3-0 notingham forrest.....from start to finish we absolutely battered them, should have been 20-0.
2 goals from fereday, and 1 from bannister.

can anyone else remember a low scoring battering we gave someone.

my first game against qpr was against forrest in 1968, beat them 2-1, and was one of only four that we won all season.

first game for the new season, forrest, a nice 3 points would be welcome.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:15 - Aug 25 with 2391 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mentioned it the other day, but the night Bard scored the free kick blaster against Southampton in (I think) 1989, we won 3-1. but genuinely slaghtered them in that second half. Could've been 7 easy.

Bare bones.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:19 - Aug 25 with 2370 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t know if it counts as a battering but that home game in the first few Prem fixtures where we took Newcastle to school and SWP played out of his skin and ended up drawing.

A win there would have made the season very different I think. We might have finished 16th and not 17th.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:25 - Aug 25 with 2332 viewsPlanetHonneywood

People’s Republic of China!

Absolutely battered them with haymakers, upper-cuts, head butts etc. It’s been noticeable however, that the Middle Kingdom’s foreign policy has been more aggressive since then...another 100 years of shame to add to the fallout from the Opium Wars is likely.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:25 - Aug 25 with 2333 viewsqpr_1968

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:19 - Aug 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Don’t know if it counts as a battering but that home game in the first few Prem fixtures where we took Newcastle to school and SWP played out of his skin and ended up drawing.

A win there would have made the season very different I think. We might have finished 16th and not 17th.

a battering is a battering regardless of the score, and your right, that newcastle game should have been more.
jesus newcastle made up for it a couple of years back at loftus road.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:27 - Aug 25 with 2319 viewsqpr_1968

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:25 - Aug 25 by PlanetHonneywood

People’s Republic of China!

Absolutely battered them with haymakers, upper-cuts, head butts etc. It’s been noticeable however, that the Middle Kingdom’s foreign policy has been more aggressive since then...another 100 years of shame to add to the fallout from the Opium Wars is likely.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:27 - Aug 25 with 2319 viewsQPRSteve

Orient away. One of Venables first games in charge.

Lost 4-0. Should have been 10-4. I kid you not.

The was a match report in the Sub-standard that said much the same.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:35 - Aug 25 with 2290 viewsTacticalR

QPR 6 Cardiff 1 (1st January 2020). 6-0 up after an hour, we then took it easy and even let them have a goal.

Air hostess clique

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:44 - Aug 25 with 2252 viewsPlanetHonneywood

The Zamora season we played Boro at home.

In many ways, similar to the game referred to in the OP. Boro tried to play football, we seemed to be operating with a game plan akin to that if the Harlem Globetrotters and in the process, made them look like the Peckham Trotters.

However, such was the aesthetic beauty of our play and the dominance of our possession, actually scoring would sully the moment, and so we only bothered to trouble the onion bag twice when we could, if we’d been remotely bothered, have wracked up a hatful.

If you’d have told me then, that promotion would be left to the 90th minute in the POs later that season, I’d have wet myself laughing at you.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:47 - Aug 25 with 2246 viewsMrSheen

QPR 0 Liverpool 1, 1992? Les might have got 15, but Ronnie Rosenthal pinched it for them in the last minute.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:04 - Aug 25 with 2201 viewsW7Ranger

The year we lost 2-3 at home to Liverpool.

0-0 at HT and we absolutely battered them 1st half.

Then they had the audacity to beat us with an own goal in injury time, despite 2 equalisers from Vargas in the dying minutes.

Then 3 weeks later at home v Man City. Again, battered them 1st half half. Charlie Austin literally had about 15 goals disallowed in the 1st half alone! Game finished 2-2.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:06 - Aug 25 with 2191 viewsSuperhoop83

QPR 0 Leicester 1 in September 1986.

We were all over them but just couldn't put our chances away. It was just ridiculous. Then in the 89th minute Leicester broke away and Alan Smith scored for them. I think Tony Sealy set it up.

It was the biggest case of daylight robbery I witnessed until I stood in the same spot in March 2012 and watched Jamie Mackie score the winner against Liverpool.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 15:08]

Suffering since 1978.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:16 - Aug 25 with 2155 viewsslmrstid

I remember losing 1-0 to Leicester in our first trip to the Walkers (as was) Stadium in the 2004/05 season, but we absolutely battered them for the whole game, and had 2 good goals disallowed. I think Leicester's goal was a ridiculously dubious penalty too.

I think most of our victories last season should have been by bigger margins too! Certainly the higher scoring games too, where our poor concentration meant what should have been 2-3 goal margin wins ended up being just one.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:20 - Aug 25 with 2141 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:47 - Aug 25 by MrSheen

QPR 0 Liverpool 1, 1992? Les might have got 15, but Ronnie Rosenthal pinched it for them in the last minute.

That was my first thought too.

We murdered them. But we didn't.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 2131 viewsloftboy

The year before we beat Luton 6-1 we drew 1-1 , Alex Chambelain their then rookie keeper made some absolute world class saves, I walked out the ground saying “should have won that 6—1” shame I didn’t put a few quid on it the following year.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:23 - Aug 25 with 2129 viewsWatfordR

September 1973, home to West Ham. Second game back in the First Division. It finished 0-0, but we absolutely battered them. Three goals disallowed that night if I remember correctly.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:25 - Aug 25 with 2126 viewscyprusmel

I've seen it in reverse, Went up to Mansfield one year and Mansfield battered us from start to finish, wave after wave of attacks on our goal. We won 4-0 and Simon Royce our goalkeeper was voted man of the match.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2020 16:18]
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:35 - Aug 25 with 2090 viewsWalnut

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:27 - Aug 25 by QPRSteve

Orient away. One of Venables first games in charge.

Lost 4-0. Should have been 10-4. I kid you not.

The was a match report in the Sub-standard that said much the same.

Great shout, I went to this. It was Bernard Joy in the s/Standard. He said it was the most one sided 0 4 defeats he'd ever seen!
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:37 - Aug 25 with 2075 viewsNorthernr

Easter 97, Wolves home on the Bank Holiday Monday I think?
One of the rare moments that Houston team clicked to its full potential with Sinclair, IMpey and Peacock feeding Dichio and Spencer. For the first 35 minutes we absolutely took them apart, scorching hot day, full house, scored a couple of goals. Absolutely brilliant.

Drew 2-2.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:38 - Aug 25 with 2066 viewspaulparker

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 14:15 - Aug 25 by Antti_Heinola

Mentioned it the other day, but the night Bard scored the free kick blaster against Southampton in (I think) 1989, we won 3-1. but genuinely slaghtered them in that second half. Could've been 7 easy.

That second Half was something else
Also in the same season another second half display against spurs when we stuffed them 4-1 after being a goal down at HT , venables said the day after we were the best team in Britain

The game against Preston 4-0 with magilton
The 5-1 against Coventry when Gould sat in the toilet in 93
The Everton away games in 92& 93
Chelsea home 87
Birmingham home 85

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:38 - Aug 25 with 2070 viewsQPRSteve

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:35 - Aug 25 by Walnut

Great shout, I went to this. It was Bernard Joy in the s/Standard. He said it was the most one sided 0 4 defeats he'd ever seen!

Couldn't for the life of me remember the reporter's name.

Wasn't he purported to be a QPR fan?
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:41 - Aug 25 with 2060 viewsW7Ranger

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:37 - Aug 25 by Northernr

Easter 97, Wolves home on the Bank Holiday Monday I think?
One of the rare moments that Houston team clicked to its full potential with Sinclair, IMpey and Peacock feeding Dichio and Spencer. For the first 35 minutes we absolutely took them apart, scorching hot day, full house, scored a couple of goals. Absolutely brilliant.

Drew 2-2.

Remember that clearly. They got a pen. Massive punch up at/in the loft end goal. Very lively.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:41 - Aug 25 with 2059 viewsqpr_1968

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:23 - Aug 25 by WatfordR

September 1973, home to West Ham. Second game back in the First Division. It finished 0-0, but we absolutely battered them. Three goals disallowed that night if I remember correctly.

remember that well, night game, 0-0.
think we won at upton park soon after 3-2, ron abbott springs to mind.

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 16:01 - Aug 25 with 2008 viewsqueensparker

The other way round, but I'll never forget a game at home to Aston Villa in the Prem in the mid 90s (think it was the year we went down). Complete one way traffic for Villa throughout, they could have had ten, were swarming all over us, Jurgen Sommer had an absolute worldy, and out of the blue Gallen scored a jammy goal off the crossbar that was blatantly not over the line.

We won 1-0. Never seen a luckier result in my life. I had a few non Rangers mates with me that day and they still talk about it.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 16:05 - Aug 25 with 2002 viewsNorthernr

Teams qpr slaughtered. on 15:38 - Aug 25 by paulparker

That second Half was something else
Also in the same season another second half display against spurs when we stuffed them 4-1 after being a goal down at HT , venables said the day after we were the best team in Britain

The game against Preston 4-0 with magilton
The 5-1 against Coventry when Gould sat in the toilet in 93
The Everton away games in 92& 93
Chelsea home 87
Birmingham home 85

I was only nine or ten admitedly but I remember coming out of that Coventry game annoyed that it was only 5. Four goals in the first half maybe the reason, I automatically assumed that meant we'd get eight.
Teams qpr slaughtered. on 16:22 - Aug 25 with 1925 viewsBostonR

24th Jan 1975 - FA Cup Third Round - QPR 3 - Notts County 0.

Played on a Friday night to avoid clashing with 5 or 6 London FA cup games on the Saturday. Full house and how this game never ended 10-0 is beyond me. R's absolutely took them to the cleaners.

Also, non-league Wimbledon took the mighty Leeds to a replay at Selhurst Park losing 1-0 in front of a crowd of 45,000.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024