Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only 4 games gone. 20:03 - Oct 3 with 1701 viewsqpr_1968

In my eyes a good start from a still not settled first eleven (mean that in a positive way).

4 games gone, 5 points but in 8th spot....5th top scorers.

is everyone else happy with this....
anyone else disappointed......

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Only 4 games gone. on 20:14 - Oct 3 with 1640 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Good start for me too.

You can really see what they're trying to do. It's pretty much the same thing as they were doing last season.

Not sure what Wednesday were up to. Load of sht I thought.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Only 4 games gone. on 20:32 - Oct 3 with 1553 viewskensalriser

Position isn't relevant at this stage, there are 11 teams on 4 or 5 points.

Looks like we're somewhat competitive, which will do for me right now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Only 4 games gone. on 20:57 - Oct 3 with 1491 viewsqpr_1968

Only 4 games gone. on 20:32 - Oct 3 by kensalriser

Position isn't relevant at this stage, there are 11 teams on 4 or 5 points.

Looks like we're somewhat competitive, which will do for me right now.

position is always relevant in my eyes, after 4 games or 34 games, it gives you that extra confidence and drive.
even after 4 games, i'd rather be 8th than bottom.

but.....we've all got different outlooks.

Only 4 games gone. on 21:07 - Oct 3 with 1461 viewsHooparoo

I think we’ve made a decent start. Still early days but I agree with the above comment about league position breeds confidence

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Only 4 games gone. on 21:09 - Oct 3 with 1450 viewsMalintabuk

Very pleased with 4 games and just one lost. Though I expect we will see how well we are progressing when we play Bournemouth. Any result even a small loss would be a decent performance
Thought the defence looked comfortable today is that down to having a keeper they finally trust
Considering how we have to cut our cloth very pleased
Only 4 games gone. on 22:26 - Oct 3 with 1349 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's an OK to fair start for me with what we have and where we're at. Good to see Mr Bonne off the mark today, and while Dieng still has to show us what he's got, the fact that Lumley is no longer between the sticks can only help the defence. As the Warbler has himself said in so many words, we're still two or thee players short of a fully convincing squad - for me, a ball-winning/playing central midfielder, a left-back and a goal-scoring winger are what are most needed.

I suspect we'll be decently competitive for the most part this strange season, though don't see us necessarily improving on last year's finish right now. Hopefully, though, we can surprise ourselves, and in what is a bit of a 'much of a muchness league', we may do quite well.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Only 4 games gone. on 22:40 - Oct 3 with 1303 viewsSharpy36

Only 4 games gone. on 20:57 - Oct 3 by qpr_1968

position is always relevant in my eyes, after 4 games or 34 games, it gives you that extra confidence and drive.
even after 4 games, i'd rather be 8th than bottom.

but.....we've all got different outlooks.

Have to agree.

With a good chance this season also coming to an abrupt end, might not be a bad idea being as high up as possible.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Only 4 games gone. on 22:48 - Oct 3 with 1269 viewslightwaterhoop

Warburton is making the best of a bad hand so far just as he did last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Only 4 games gone. on 22:48 - Oct 3 with 1265 viewsLblock

Our weaknesses are clear to most (except maybe those that matter)

Whereas I’m not really sure what hat our strengths are?
Got a great CF for this level who is game as a bagel and of course BOS still here.
Beyond that ??????

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Only 4 games gone. on 22:57 - Oct 3 with 1232 viewsqpr_1968

Only 4 games gone. on 22:48 - Oct 3 by Lblock

Our weaknesses are clear to most (except maybe those that matter)

Whereas I’m not really sure what hat our strengths are?
Got a great CF for this level who is game as a bagel and of course BOS still here.
Beyond that ??????

we are inconsistent no one can argue with that.

our first 4 games....

didnt expect to beat forest....
sheff wed and middgh, fair results.

before the season started, i;d say 99% of qpr fans would have said we'd have beaten coventry.

so 5 points i'm happy with.

Only 4 games gone. on 23:22 - Oct 3 with 1157 viewsMyke

Solid start you would have to say. Competitive in every game except second half v Coventry. Is it any coincidence that it was the only Sky game so far? I think one clean sheet, goals scored in every game so far, despite the much discussed loss of 45 goals from last years team, only one defeat and coming from behind twice to earn draws, all point to more positives than negatives. As has been already said, more serious challenges ahead, but time to draw breath before we go again.
Only 4 games gone. on 09:20 - Oct 4 with 866 viewsDixie_CT

Been in my head about the start to the season and think we could have ended up with anywhere between 1 - 10 points.

Forest, won but could have lost or drawn had Grabban had taken his chances
Cov, lost but could have drawn had we learned how to defend from corners
Boro, drawn, but could have won if Carroll wasn't so unlucky
Sheff Wed, drawn but could have lost without Lees going off and could have won if we scored first and Cameron's shot had of gone in.

So five points is probably what we should have at the moment although I don't think we have run into a decent side yet.

Not a bad start considering the amount of goals we have had taken out of the team and losing a player like Eze.
Defence is starting to look stronger and Dickie has shown a lot of promise. Dieng looks more solid than both Kelly and Lumley. Dykes and Bonne both look like they have goals in them.

Concerns are the lack of creativity from midfield, a lot of pressure on Bright, although he is handling it well, and too much pressure on Chair. Amos being villified already but I can see why and Cameron struggling in possession.

As been mentioned elsewhere, Wycombe and maybe Sheff Wed will take 2 of the 3 relegation places so we should be fine meaning we can bed in an inexperienced Championship team and push on again next season.

Be interesting to see if we do sign Uncle Albert, Green and Wilock as they may win us a few more points than we might have done without them.

12th and up would be a positve season and we have made a solid enough start to achieve that.
Only 4 games gone. on 09:34 - Oct 4 with 828 viewsbakerloo8

Decent enough start to the season. Happy that Dickie and Dieng have both started well in what have been troublesome positions for us. Good also the 2 new strikers have both got off the mark, encouraging.
Worrying in the centre of midfield and the supply chain. Amos needs to step up from last season and Carrol we all know his limitations, I think either should play not both.

Hopefully a couple of signings in the next couple of days to bolster the squad, Adomah would be great out wide and probably free Chair to play in the middle and drop Amos deepening midfield which would help.
Overall an ok start and one which has promise for the season.
Only 4 games gone. on 09:42 - Oct 4 with 812 viewsPinnerPaul

Very happy with the start and ''an interesting 48 hours" is promised by MW re transfers.
Only 4 games gone. on 10:12 - Oct 4 with 763 viewsfrancisbowles

1 point more than after 4 games last season but we then won our next four games, followed by two losses so 16 points after 10 played. If we can be around that total again, it will be a very positive start.
Only 4 games gone. on 10:26 - Oct 4 with 712 viewsDavieQPR

Normally that's us that concedes in the last few minutes. The late goal will be an incentive to never give up. Thought the bench looked a bit weak so a couple more players won't go amiss. Also hope Thomas isn't going to become a sicknote.
Only 4 games gone. on 11:01 - Oct 4 with 637 viewsBklynRanger

I'm happy enough with the start. Very difficult for everyone playing behind closed doors but just have to get on with it, which we've done.

Obviously under Warbs we're not going to be a park the bus, shut up shop sort of team. I've basically come to terms with that - it's going to provide moments of joy and moment of frustration in equal measure.

Very interested to see if we can get a couple more of these young prospects we've been linked with - could provide some entertainment and give us a chance of establishing the pipeline reputation. Noticed Bonne repeating the same mantra word for word about how he wanted to get to the Premier League, either with us or by moving on - that straightforward message combined with the proof of Eze's situation has to make us a more attractive prospect than we've been for a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024